Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden (53938 Views)

My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan / Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking / A Nairalander's Visit To University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by mercytripletz: 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
Liposure:
shoe! 500! dem no collect shingbai 4 my hand when i go there as student dat yr.

Ahah na 'that year' o.
When I was a new student, it used to be #200. In 5 years time, they would have increased the fee to #5000 grin
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by Liposure: 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Nice one, how come the lion is one, they had like 6/8 in 2015 when I visited, hope dey no kill others chop ooo.
Seems you were allowed to snap because you are a blogger/journalist with interest in tourism. I think they have a policy against snapping the animals although you can take one or two selfies with the animal, but they might complain when you are trying to take all animals pic.
Were you able to see the porcupines?
baba, when i go there d lion dey rest. E no gree come out. E get one time wey i hear rumour say some of d lions escape.
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by Liposure: 5:15pm On Feb 03, 2020
Shoutout 2 all d UIites (former n present) in d house.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by Awoo88: 5:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
Jamesilvar:
The last time I was there, the lion looked so skinny it couldn't even roar.
You know say na so lie Muhammad start. !!!

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by Liposure: 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
LegendHero:
Mehn I remember I went to this place during my nursery school days.

They told us the lion name is “Lior”. We all keep shouting Lior, the lion no even look our side lol.

Those acting as guides then are clowns. Which one be Lior.
baba, u go kill person wit laughter
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by clevybrown(m): 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
mercytripletz:

Lol. It is not true jare. #500 with ID card is the fee for students while #1000 is the fee for outsiders
bro this ur information is misleading, when last did u visit the ui zoo? It was initially 300 for students wit valid school ID card, but was later increased to 500 for both student and outsiders, whether u provide student ID card or not.
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by dober(m): 5:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
travelwaka:
More pictures. I feel they still have a lot to do to restock some of the dead animals also why is it that zoos don't let animals breed? Cos there is no zoo that I have visited that I have seen any animal with babies? Just wondering

I see Ajoke
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
travelwaka:
It opens from 8am to 6:30pm daily

The Entry fee is
Student of the School : Free provided you provide an ID card
Adult 500 Naira
Children on Excursion 300 Naira

How to Locate the zoo
It is inside University of Ibadan, Once you get to Ibadan, Just ask for the Direction to University of Ibadan

Here are pictures from the surrounding

My word. This is the gorilla area. Still very well maintained from my childhood memory of 1988! The late Great Haruna ruled this zone then

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
Liposure:
Shoutout 2 all d UIites (former n present) in d house.

And those "Uiites" that didn't actually attend UI but attended UI Staff School.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by GermanMelania: 5:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
Toscarel:
I suggest no flesh eating animal should ever go hungry in a Nigerian zoo, when we have Fulani miscreants and boko haram terrorist that we could catch and serve to these poor animals, that way we are saving the government cost of buying meat for the animals and also resources wasted on their so called rehabilitation

nonsense
press like if you support the notion and share if you don't
lets feed you whole to the lion first. I have a theory.
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by Toscarel: 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
GermanMelania:
lets feed you whole to the lion first. I have a theory.

e pain the terrorist
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by OlujobaSamuel: 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
Liposure:
baba, when i go there d lion dey rest. E no gree come out. E get one time wey i hear rumour say some of d lions escape.
Escape bi ti bawo
Make I dey watch my steps anytime I dey ibadan or states wey share border with them be dat, before lion go think sey I be zoo keeper wey wan rearrest am
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by GermanMelania: 5:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
Toscarel:

e pain the terrorist

Ko jo. Oshhheeeyyy
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by jimyjames(m): 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2020
Sammy07:

Shey the one wey all the animals don die finish.
Abi the malnutrition ones?

Coming from someone that doesn't know the road to Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by Sammy07: 6:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
jimyjames:

Coming from someone that doesn't know the road to Enugu

Abeq, I'm not part of those that has not been to the east... undecided
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by olajide21: 6:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
Haruna used to be popular in the zoo back in those days

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by LegendHero(m): 6:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
Liposure:
baba, u go kill person wit laughter

I swear me self I shock as I Dey recall those memories.

They told us we all have to chorus it together for the lion to rise and walk towards us. We tried everything we could, Lion no gree come.

Although we see his body and they showed us some other lioness in one small hut like cage.
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by jimyjames(m): 6:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
Sammy07:

Abeq, I'm not part of those that has not been to the east... undecided

Look at this muric terrorist, you think I don't know you

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by sleek82(m): 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Thank you OP. I have never understood why people travel overseas for vacation when we have everything right here in Nigeria.
the right question is...have you ever traveled out of Nigeria before? If you have, you wouldn't make such comment...step outside Nigeria, you will understand. If I post pictures of the Calgary zoo here, just the penguin section, you will burn your passport! There are individuals who have better zoos at their backyards than this crap called zoo in Ibadan

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
solasoulmusic:
Great idea I have been there many years ago is that the same place Haruna was ?

But it lacks the most important thing for any zoo patrons. That’s because people are hungry people aren’t getting their fare share

Ki ko wa Owo wa da

In a city like Ibadan where majority are not on an equal wage structure despite years of hard work governor must make sure there are renovation schemes and employment exercises then people will be happy to see animals treated well

Not true though.

The place is always packed full during the festive periods, both Christian and Islamic.

Nigerians are yet to form the habit of recreation on ordinary days.

Then also, the zoo is there primarily to serve the university students and faculties whose profession has to do with zoology or related courses.

What Ibadan needs in my opinion is huge games reserves.
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by larryking540: 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
jimyjames:
Am not impressed
Y
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by ojaysam25(m): 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
just admit you were afraid to take the lion picture�����
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
FrLukas:

Not true though.

The place is always packed full during the festive periods, both Christian and Islamic.

Nigerians are yet to form the habit of recreation on ordinary days.

Then also, the zoo is there primarily to serve the university students and faculties whose profession has to do with zoology or related courses.

What Ibadan needs in my opinion is huge games reserves.

Yes I agree but there will not be many students and staff if there is not good labor or wage structure to allow people to afford luxuries like this it is a tourist destination and the train will allow for people to visit but there is real hunger we have to address still animals always survive in the wild but locked up they lose freedom they lose vigor they have to be in a natural environment similar to the wild as possible not just chain fence water and food ...

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by LaIabobo: 7:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
Jamesilvar:
The last time I was there, the lion looked so skinny it couldn't even roar.

Skinny lion in UI zoo?? You obviously don't know what you are typing.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by JimD(m): 7:43pm On Feb 03, 2020
jimyjames:
Am not impressed
This is a fitting caption grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by tyup(m): 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2020
justmide:
so its free for students? whao...... I didn't know oo. and I'm a student oooo. lol

you look familiar though

anyway it ain't free to students....olayinka made it so
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by tyup(m): 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
CloudResident:
Thanks op,nice one.

However you didn't take the pictures of the snakes there-viper,cobra,black mamba and the water turtles in the hall.There's a fee you pay if you want to see the snakes too.

You didn't visit the baboons in the hall behind the gorilla enclave where those naughty baboons throw their faeces at people.(its been demarcated now with tarpaulin grin)

There are wild boar,peacock and several other birds there including the the rare Ibadan malimbe bird which is only found Ibadan in the planet according to scientists!

Nice job bro.

black mamba has never been there......it's chimps that throws shit after begging

sheye is his name cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by Onu4(m): 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
Very beautiful
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by denjjy(m): 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
many of the animals there have personal nickname
the chimpanzee there is nicknamed "ikole" the lion is nicknamed "Arnold" the giraffe is nicknamed "Ajoke"....
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
solasoulmusic:

Yes I agree but there will not be many students and staff if there is not good labor or wage structure to allow people to afford luxuries like this it is a tourist destination and the train will allow for people to visit but there is real hunger we have to address still animals always survive in the wild but locked up the lose freedom they lose vigor they have to be in a natural environment similar to the wild as possible not just chain fence water and food ...

I agree that there's hunger in the land and of course the best way to view wild animals is not to have them locked up inside a cage but rather to view them in the wild. That's why I suggested a games resort.

That way, the tourists will be in a moving cage observing the wild close up in their natural habitat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by ezybaba(m): 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
travelwaka:
It opens from 8am to 6:30pm daily

The Entry fee is
Student of the School : Free provided you provide an ID card
Adult 500 Naira
Children on Excursion 300 Naira

How to Locate the zoo
It is inside University of Ibadan, Once you get to Ibadan, Just ask for the Direction to University of Ibadan

Here are pictures from the surrounding
it is not free for student I went there last week with my id card I still pay #500
Re: Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden by ThatNiccur: 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
travelwaka:
I have had the opportunity of visiting some zoos in Nigeria and sometimes you are just tempted to free the animals cos the zoos are hunger zones, but here in Ibadan the reverse is the case, the animals look fresh, they are well fed, even the lions look chubby. One of the easiest ways to know if a zoo is taking care of their animals, just move towards animals that rely on protein for survival , if the animals look healthy, just give kudos to the zoo.
I was quite impressed but unfortunately I couldnt get a good images of the King of the jungle, That lazy animal was sleeping, I jokingly ask one of the zoo keepers if he can go wake him up, he looked at me with one eyes hahahaha I said Oga na joke I dey o lol. But lions can sleep sha. I was there for over 5 hours and this guy was just literally sleeping, Oya biko stand up, I didnt pay to come and watch you sleep , Anyways enjoy the other pictures from different sections of the zoo.

Other Animals

Do not call the King of the Jungle lazy. A little research, like asking the zoo keeper or finding out yourself, why the lion sleeps during the day, would have helped.

Lions are (Big) cats, cats are nocturnal animals. Nocturnal animals are very active at night and sleep a lot during the day.

#YouAreWelcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States / Mack Rutherford: 17-Year-Old Pilot Becomes Youngest To Fly Around The World Solo / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.