Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,487 members, 7,801,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend (1780 Views)

When Your Christian Friend Is Harassing You - Gently Remind Him / What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. / Is It A Must For A Muslim Wife To Wear Wedding Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by Razram: 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
It all started in 2008, after gaining admission into college, I saw her d first day in class and we were best of friends, I ate her food like she does to mine except if she cooked pork or uses its fat which she will tell.ahead, we sleep at each others houses, our bond was really strong that even when I was sick, she took very good care of me. But one incidence happened that I will never forget and which our Nigeria n pastors are guilty of. One Sunday, my friend went to church to worship, me been eager to meet my friend as a Muslim after service was shocked at my new greeting style from my friend. Welcome book.haram, this means my friend has been brainwashed at church that all.Muslims are book haram. I was dissapointed that how could a pastor spoil our friendship with negative intuition about Islam. She later found a new christian friend from same church which affected her academically.
My concern is why are some preachers the spreader of hate speech towards humanity? This hate speech has broke many loving relationship. If you have any negative thought about a sect, keep it to yourself, do not spread it to your congregation, this applies to both Muslims and Christians. Why do we spread our perception which mostly are wrong about others without verification.
My fear is that if care is not taken, these preachers will end up.making us kill our own families all because of their selfish interest of fame and money.
Nigerians should learn to shuffle words when downloaded to them at any place. May God shower is peace and mercy to the country. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by budaatum: 2:16pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ignorance is why people preach hatred, ignorance and stupidity.

Imagine a person preaching the Gospel of Love thy Neighbour and Your Enemy Even More, looking at another human being, a creation of God, and claiming that persom is haram or unacceptable just because that person belongs to a different religion.

Unfortunately, people of religion are like that. "If you go to a different church or mosque to mine, or do not believe or understand what I believe, you will not enter heaven", is a common mode of thought amongst the brainless and thoughtless.

If only they could learn from the [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+18%3A9-14&version=NIV]Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector[/url] and be the Light they are meant to be.

Can someone point me to a similar teaching in the Quran please.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by Aysha110(f): 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
Wallahi dats All what is happening dis days,thats why some of d christains hate muslim and be spreading bad words on them,Anyway you cannot understand why Allah Allow certain things to happen in ur life,but u can b certain that he isn't making any mistakes.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by sulasa07(m): 6:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
Razram:
It all started in 2008, after gaining admission into college, I saw her d first day in class and we were best of friends, I ate her food like she does to mine except if she cooked pork or uses its fat which she will tell.ahead, we sleep at each others houses, our bond was really strong that even when I was sick, she took very good care of me. But one incidence happened that I will never forget and which our Nigeria n pastors are guilty of. One Sunday, my friend went to church to worship, me been eager to meet my friend as a Muslim after service was shocked at my new greeting style from my friend. Welcome book.haram, this means my friend has been brainwashed at church that all.Muslims are book haram. I was dissapointed that how could a pastor spoil our friendship with negative intuition about Islam. She later found a new christian friend from same church which affected her academically.
My concern is why are some preachers the spreader of hate speech towards humanity? This hate speech has broke many loving relationship. If you have any negative thought about a sect, keep it to yourself, do not spread it to your congregation, this applies to both Muslims and Christians. Why do we spread our perception which mostly are wrong about others without verification.
My fear is that if care is not taken, these preachers will end up.making us kill our own families all because of their selfish interest of fame and money.
Nigerians should learn to shuffle words when downloaded to them at any place. May God shower is peace and mercy to the country. God bless Nigeria.
Such happened to me too but it didn't go that far.It was a Friday and we were just sitting and pressing phone,I was on Nairaland and my Friend looked at my phone and said is that "killing for the sake of ALLAH" I'm reading but the post said "Dieting for the sake of ALLAH",I turned and looked at him with a very hard face and said nothing,my friend said he was stylishly joking with me.I just wondered that day that is this guy looking at me like I'm some kind of Boko Haram and ISIS member.
Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by AntiChristian: 11:10am On Feb 04, 2020
You see don't let us Muslims fool ourselves! The Christians are only brothers to themselves. Once you are not of them you are against them.
They now see all Muslims as terrorists even if they have live in Lagos for tens of years and hasn't seen any Muslim kill around before.

What will satisfy a Christian is for you Muslims to join them!

Paul said in the Bible 2 Cor 6:14
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

To them we are darkness!
So let all of us walk our way but deal with one another with justice!

Qur'an 60:8
Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity.

As for the OP frolicking with a non-muslim lady, this is what is forbidden in Islam. Free mixing with a lady you can marry is haram.
And if you ever end up marrying such a Christian you will end up losing your religion and have Christian kids just like some popular party leader & Members in Lagos state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by Razram: 11:24am On Feb 04, 2020
AntiChristian:
You see don't let us Muslims fool ourselves! The Christians are only brothers to themselves. Once you are not of them you are against them.
They now see all Muslims as terrorists even if they have live in Lagos for tens of years and hasn't seen any Muslim kill around before.

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

To them we are darkness!

Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity.

As for the OP frolicking with a non-muslim lady, this is what is forbidden in Islam. Free mixing with a lady you can marry is haram.
And if you ever end up marrying such a Christian you will end up losing your religion and have Christian kids just like some popular party leader & Members in Lagos state.
The Op is a female

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by AntiChristian: 11:42am On Feb 04, 2020
Razram:

The Op is a female

Oh! Female-female friend!

Well the Bible verse above still applies! You are still darkness to them since you do not believe in Jesus as your savior. If you are a strong Muslim and she a Strong Christian, you both will eventually repel each other.
Even if a Muslim doesn't mind they'll do all they can to convert you. And if they can't you will become a Boko Haram to them which is now becoming the slogan.

Once you join them your BH status will be lifted. Dealing justly with non-Muslims generally is prescribed.

Never will the Jews nor the Christians be pleased with you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) till you follow their religion. Say: "Verily, the Guidance of Allah (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) that is the (only) Guidance. And if you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) were to follow their (Jews and Christians) desires after what you have received of Knowledge (i.e. the Quran), then you would have against Allah neither any Wali (protector or guardian) nor any helper. Qur'an 2:120

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by budaatum: 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2020
AntiChristian:
Be there spreading the hatred that is inside your own heart while lying to yourself that it is inside the hearts of others!

Allah and everyone who cares sees how you've been antichristian all over the place!

7 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by AntiChristian: 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2020
budaatum:

Be there spreading the hatred that is inside your own heart while lying to yourself that it is inside the hearts of others!

Allah and everyone who cares sees how you've been antichristian all over the place!

You can see your brethren messing up our threads and filling up the internet with their hatred. How many times have you talked against any of them?Even Pastors and many prominent Christian leaders are not left out.

The same things Muslims are accused of are being pointed out in the Bible.

I am just an hypocrite buster for the hypocritical Christian!
Isn't Paul too spreading hatred here in 2 Cor 6:14

Which means Christians are light while non-Christians are darkness!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by budaatum: 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2020
Intelligent people know light and darkness can be in Muslims, Christians or atheists, for not all who say "Lord Lord" trully worship the Lord, as you are clearly showing here. Some people ignorantly going about being stupid is no excuse to join them.

If you read your Quran the way you are reading Paul, you would be a terrorist suicide bomber and claim Allah approves of you!

I strongly suggest you adopt the Religion of Peace taught by Ṣallā Allāhu ʿalayhi Wa-ʿala Āli-hi Wa-sallam. There is a reason he taught you to al-wuḍūʼ so many times a day!

AntiChristian:

I am just an hypocrite buster for the hypocritical Christian!
Consider removing the forest in your own eye!

7 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by budaatum: 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2020
Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by AntiChristian: 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2020
budaatum:
Intelligent people know light and darkness can be in Muslims, Christians or atheists, for not all who say "Lord Lord" trully worship the Lord, as you are clearly showing here. Some people ignorantly going about being stupid is no excuse to join them.

If you read your Quran the way you are reading Paul, you would be a terrorist suicide bomber and claim Allah approves of you!

I strongly suggest you adopt the Religion of Peace taught by Ṣallā Allāhu ʿalayhi Wa-ʿala Āli-hi Wa-sallam. There is a reason he taught you to al-wuḍūʼ so many times a day!

Consider removing the forest in your own eye!

Can you explain what Paul meant in that verse if I got it wrong? I have exegesis of that verse from reputable Christian Scholars.
To you be your religion and to me be mine!

There can't be peace when Christians have been trying to convert us since "missionary school" Period. They keep fighting Hijab as if na them dey wear am!

When anyone with a Muslim name is involved in terrorism then he is a Muslim.
Turn the tables now, they start coming up with one conspiracy theory or the other!

Jesus said love your enemy! But majority of Christians would "literally kill you" once you are a devoted Muslim who pray 5 times daily or uses full Hijab.

The Qur'an is even being used by some Christians just like the Boko Haram uses it. Look around.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by budaatum: 3:58pm On Feb 04, 2020
AntiChristian:
To you be your religion and to me be mine.
To start with, you obviously do not believe the above; you sure don't adhere to it nor put it into practise. And it would seem that Allah knows better than you!

And if your Lord had willed, He could have made mankind one community; but they will not cease to differ. Surah Hud 11:118

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted. Surah Al-Hujurat 49:13

AntiChristian:

Can you explain what Paul meant in that verse if I got it wrong? I have exegesis of that verse from reputable Christian Scholars.
You can have all the exegis of a single verse from all the "reputable Christian Scholars" in the world that you like but if it does not align with the entire Word of God it is clearly not from God! But perhaps you know not that Paul himself is exegis. Hear Christ:

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A43-48&version=NIV]Matthew 5:44-45[/url]

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by AntiChristian: 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2020
budaatum:

To start with, you obviously do not believe the above; you sure don't adhere to it nor put it into practise. And it would seem that Allah knows better than you!

Of cos I do. If you don't step on me I wont step on you! And there's no smoke without fire.

budaatum:
And if your Lord had willed, He could have made mankind one community; but they will not cease to differ. Surah Hud 11:118

Yes, and there's no compulsion in religion! I am not forcing anyone to be a Muslim. Why does my being a Muslim affect you guys!

budaatum:
O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted. Surah Al-Hujurat 49:13

The word you translated to "Righteous" is "taqwa" and this only for Muslims.

budaatum:
You can have all the exegis of a single verse from all the "reputable Christian Scholars" in the world that you like but if it does not align with the entire Word of God it is clearly not from God! But perhaps you know not that Paul himself is exegis. Hear Christ:

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A43-48&version=NIV]Matthew 5:44-45[/url]

And most Christians hate us even if we don't show any ill-feelings toward them!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by budaatum: 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2020
AntiChristian:

Why does my being a Muslim affect you guys!
You are not being a Muslim. You are being a hate filled antichristian, and that is not Islam!

"And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it. So judge between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations away from what has come to you of the truth. To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ." Al-Ma'idah 5:48

“Fight for the cause of God, those who fight you, but do not transgress, for God does not love the transgressors.” Al Baqara 2:190

“And spend of your substance in the cause of Allah, and make not your own hands contribute to (your) destruction; but do good; for Allah loveth those who do good.” Al Baqara 2:195

We are done here. Allah will surely open our eyes.
Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by Empiree: 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2020
Muslims and Christians in Nigeria should go their separate ways and mind their religion while maintaining justice and peace in the country.

We DO NOT worship the same God. It is hypocritical for both Muslims and Christians saying "we worship the same God". If we do, why do we try to covert one another to our religions?.

If you read their CHRISTIAN manifesto Published in Ibadan in 1990s you know that christianity in Nigeria has huge crazy agenda for Muslims and they have achieved pretty much a lot from it.

Therefore, it is high time we speak truth to ourselves that Islam and CHRISTIANITY are not the same. They will never be pleased with you until you accept their religion. This is a fact

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by AntiChristian: 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2020
budaatum:

You are not being a Muslim. You are being a hate filled antichristian, and that is not Islam!

"And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it. So judge between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations away from what has come to you of the truth. To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ." Al-Ma'idah 5:48

“Fight for the cause of God, those who fight you, but do not transgress, for God does not love the transgressors.” Al Baqara 2:190

“And spend of your substance in the cause of Allah, and make not your own hands contribute to (your) destruction; but do good; for Allah loveth those who do good.” Al Baqara 2:195

We are done here. Allah will surely open our eyes.

In bold! I am fighting those who have been fighting us and I won't transgress!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by AntiChristian: 5:07pm On Feb 04, 2020
Empiree:
Muslims and Christians in Nigeria should go their separate ways and mind their religion while maintaining justice and peace in the country.

We DO NOT worship the same God. It is hypocritical for both Muslims and Christians saying "we worship the same God". If we do, why do we try to covert one another to our religions?.

If you read their CHRISTIAN manifesto Published in Ibadan in 1990s you know that christianity in Nigeria has huge crazy agenda for Muslims and they have achieved pretty much a lot from it.

Therefore, it is high time we speak truth to ourselves that Islam and CHRISTIANITY are not the same. They will never be pleased with you until you accept their religion. This is a fact

I wonder o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 07, 2020
AntiChristian:

Of cos I do. If you don't step on me I wont step on you! And there's no smoke without fire.

Yes, and there's no compulsion in religion! I am not forcing anyone to be a Muslim. Why does my being a Muslim affect you guys!

The word you translated to "Righteous" is "taqwa" and this only for Muslims.

And most Christians hate us even if we don't show any ill-feelings toward them!

@bolded. Yes that is true.

I was a christian until the lies, bigotry and hypocrisy got too much for me. Even I used to attract dirty looks and sometimes insulting remarks if I ever pointed out areas where you muslims were not in the wrong; even if it was not about theology, but concerning worldly issues.

You see, to most christians, it's not about a simple difference of opinion of how to worship God; it's a fanatic, frenzied battle of good and evil. And to a religious christian, all muslims (and other non christians of a different denomination) are hateful demonic principalities; despite the smile in your face. Also, the pastors know that christianity is empty of real content, so they only seek to portray Islam and other religions as being worse; and of course, some muslims help them to do so by bombing people.

And the hate is not limited to Islam. Muslims are just the current bogeyman.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by aadoiza: 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

I was a christian until the lies, bigotry and hypocrisy got too much for me. Even I used to attract dirty looks and sometimes insulting remarks if I ever pointed out areas where you muslims were not in the wrong; even if it was not about theology, but concerning worldly issues.

You see, to most christians, it's not about a simple difference of opinion of how to worship God; it's a fanatic, frenzied battle of good and evil. And to a religious christian, all muslims (and other non christians of a different denomination) are hateful demonic principalities; despite the smile in your face. Also, the pastors know that christianity is empty of real content, so they only seek to portray Islam and other religions as being worse; and of course, some muslims help them to do so by bombing people.

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by Empiree: 8:57pm On Feb 13, 2020
This dude is so right. Thumbs up. I couldn't have said this better
RisenPhoenix:

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by mrZENographer: 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
That can never happen in a church like The Lord's Chosen where we seek for souls to be saved.

That Pastor or whoever he was is very carnal. He may have been joking. But still not acceptable especially when addressing a stranger or newcomer.

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by TheAk(m): 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2020
AntiChristian:

To them we are darkness!

Wow how bigoted. What do you have to say about the following verses that contradict Qur'an 60:8

Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another…” Quran 5:51

“He that chooses a religion over Islam, it will not be accepted from him and in the world to come he will be one of the lost.” Quran 3:85

“Let not believers make friends with infidels in preference to the faithful – he that does this has nothing to hope for from Good – except in self-defense. God admonishes you to fear Him: for to God shall all return.” Quran 3:28

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by AntiChristian: 4:42am On Mar 28, 2020
TheAk:

Wow how bigoted. What do you have to say about the following verses that contradict Qur'an 60:8

Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another…” Quran 5:51

“He that chooses a religion over Islam, it will not be accepted from him and in the world to come he will be one of the lost.” Quran 3:85

“Let not believers make friends with infidels in preference to the faithful – he that does this has nothing to hope for from Good – except in self-defense. God admonishes you to fear Him: for to God shall all return.” Quran 3:28

Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

Dealing justly with people doesn't contradict the other verses above. And which Muslim will prefer a non-muslims to a Muslim?

And you are mistaken. I'm not bigoted but only showing what's obviously hidden by you guys!
Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by GiftOfLyf: 9:28am On Apr 19, 2020
AntiChristian:

To them we are darkness!

keep quoting the part that favours your argument. The killers and terrorists quote from same Quran and shout Allahu akbar
Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by AntiChristian: 9:43am On Apr 19, 2020
GiftOfLyf:
keep quoting the part that favours your argument. The killers and terrorists quote from same Quran and shout Allahu akbar

The Chadians and Nigerian fighting Boko Haram are mostly Muslims too.

Are they reading the Bible?
Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by fatymore(f): 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
When I was in secondary school my CRK teacher always force me to sit in class and attend cRK lesson. I was even the Amirah for my set, yet she won't allow me leave class if we ain't receiving IRK lectures.

Some of my Christian friends are always find of saying I don't look or behave like a Muslim in secondary school then.

I don't know why they are like this.

I always take solace in Suratul Kafirun.

Your religion is your religion and mine is mine too.
Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by IslamVIRGINS(f): 12:02am On Apr 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

To them we are darkness!

ARE YOU NOT TERRORIST?

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by AntiChristian: 12:04am On Apr 23, 2020
IslamVIRGINS:

ARE YOU NOT TERRORIST?

I am not.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by IslamVIRGINS(f): 12:08am On Apr 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

I am not.

allah in quran said you should cast TERROR on unbelievers (Jews and Christians), behead them and cut off there fingers... Can you justify that?? And prove that you're not a terrorist
Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by AntiChristian: 12:11am On Apr 23, 2020
IslamVIRGINS:

allah in quran said you should cast TERROR on unbelievers (Jews and Christians), behead them and cut off there fingers... Can you justify that?? And prove that you're not a terrorist

So how many Muslims have you witnessed doing that?

I haven't done that nor ever killed anyone.
Re: My Experience As A Muslim With My Christian friend by IslamVIRGINS(f): 12:13am On Apr 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

So how many Muslims have you witnessed doing that?

I haven't done that nor ever killed anyone.

BOKO HARAM, ISIL, ISWAP, FULANI HERDSMEN, etc NOW ANSWER MY QUESTION TOO

Why does Quran 8:12 say "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve So strike above the necks and strike off every fingertip of theirs”?

Is allah or Muhammad TERRORIST

Boko haram, Isil, Fulani herdsmen, iswap, etc are all doing it, they are Muslims and death agents of allah and Muhammad to cast terror in which you're one of them from religion of kettle

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah / Happy New Year Of Islamic Calendar 1435 A.h / Cham Islam : Islam Amongst The Cham Tribe Of Vietnam-cambodia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.