Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,375 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:25 PM

Why Is There A Resurrection? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There A Resurrection? (16636 Views)

Rccg House Fellowship Manual(sunday 8th April, 2018) Resurrection / Resurrection By Divine Intervention / Christ’s Resurrection—four Accounts, One Reality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 6:19pm On Feb 05, 2020
Peacefullove:

Counter the post properly and stop asking silly questions .
What did John see?
Are you afraid of saying what the scripture said?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 6:23pm On Feb 05, 2020
Peacefullove:

Asking silly questions when he is exposed.
If God didn't breath, how come they have the breath of life ?
Good u didn't deny they have it.

Firstly, Do you accept the fifth seal at Rev 6:9 are symbols , just as Death riding a horse is a symbol ? And stars falling on Earth ?

Rev 20:4, Why did those Souls die and come alive if they are ghosts ?
I have asked you several times now, you claim these are symbols! What is the meaning?

Rev20:4 Did the bible call them ghosts?

What is a soul?
What is a spirit?
Simple questions!
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
shadeyinka:

Do you think angels have souls?
And what is your definition of soul?
What is your definition of spirit?

It depends on what you think a soul is.

Like I said before a soul could mean the Mind or physce, personality of a person

A living being

A life , depending on the context it is used.

If you mean Soul as mind then the answer is yes Angels have Soul. Ezekiel 28:10-25 and Isaiah 14 talks about the Devil having a desire to be God.

A Spirit refers to a living supernatural being like God,Angels, Demons.

The breathe or life force.

The Mind ,thoughts,will,zeal, reasoning of a person.

All this are provable from the Bible.
I will do that later.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
shadeyinka:

I have asked you several times now, you claim these are symbols! What is the meaning?

Oga, do you agree the fifth seal at Revelation 6 is a symbol ? Yes or no .

Asking me for interpretation for something you don't agree with. Am not that silly.

Tell me your position first

Rev20:4 Did the bible call them ghosts?

What is a soul?
What is a spirit?
Simple questions!

Revelation 20:4 says they come alive, meaning they once DIED ... Do you agree soul dies ? grin
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
shadeyinka:

What did John see?
Are you afraid of saying what the scripture said?

Refer to my comment on Rev 6:9 and Rev 20:4
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
shadeyinka:

What is dead? Is it the body, soul or spirit of a personality?

Sometimes I wonder if I am interacting with a toddler.

When life leaves a BODY, the BODY is termed DEAD. What happens when the life is recombined with the dead body? Is that not a resurrection? Bringing back to life the DEAD BODY!

You see how I have to break it down like I am speaking to a toddler!?

Example:
Lazarus died and his body became lifeless!
Jesus called out Lazarus?
The Life returned into Lazarus body: and he (the body of Lazarus) lived again.

"And he who had died came out, bound hand and foot with sheets, and his face was bound with a cloth. Jesus said to them, Untie him and let [him] go!"

Dictionary Definition:

Collegiate Definition
a. capitalized : the rising of Christ from the dead
b. often capitalized : the rising again to life of all the human dead before the final judgment
c: the state of one risen from the dead

Synonyms:
reanimation, rebirth, regeneration, rejuvenation, rejuvenescence, renewal, resurgence, resuscitation, revitalization, revival, revivification. Words Related to resurrection. renaissance, renascence.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/resurrection&ved=2ahUKEwi99P7O5brnAhWnD2MBHf9CAX8QFjABegQIARAI&usg=AOvVaw3qKzDVtiNwGzScceAyiFiJ

Your head has reset I guess , so what is the LIFE that returned to Lazarus or to a dead body ?

Breath of life ?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by blueAgent(m): 7:12pm On Feb 05, 2020
shadeyinka:

Do you think angels have souls?
And what is your definition of soul?
What is your definition of spirit?

*Spirit can be used to refer to mind, thoughts zeal, will,countenances,ones disposition.

Examples.

Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Genesis 41:8 And it came to pass in the morning that his spirit was troubled; and he sent and called for all the magicians of Egypt, and all the wise men thereof: and Pharaoh told them his dream; but there was none that could interpret them unto Pharaoh.
Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psalms 77:3 I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.

Psalms 77:6 I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.

*A super natural living being.
Example.
Psalms 104:4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

*It can also mean capacity or zeal,

Exodus 31:3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,

Exodus 35:21 And they came, every one whose heart stirred him up, and every one whom his spirit made willing, and they brought the LORD's offering to the work of the tabernacle of the congregation, and for all his service, and for the holy garments.

Numbers 11:25 And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.

* It can also refer to life force or breathe or the power force of God.

Exodus 31:3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,

Exodus 35:21 And they came, every one whose heart stirred him up, and every one whom his spirit made willing, and they brought the LORD's offering to the work of the tabernacle of the congregation, and for all his service, and for the holy garments.

Numbers 11:25 And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.

Job 27:3 All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Job 33:4 The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. Job 34:14 If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath;
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2020
blueAgent:

*Spirit can be used to refer to mind, thoughts zeal, will,countenances,ones disposition.

Examples.

Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Genesis 41:8 And it came to pass in the morning that his spirit was troubled; and he sent and called for all the magicians of Egypt, and all the wise men thereof: and Pharaoh told them his dream; but there was none that could interpret them unto Pharaoh.
Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psalms 77:3 I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.

Psalms 77:6 I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.

*A super natural living being.
Example.
Psalms 104:4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

*It can also mean capacity or zeal,

* It can also refer to life force or breathe or the power force of God.

Job 27:3 All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Job 33:4 The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. Job 34:14 If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath;
Thank you for your answer.

How about the Soul?
You didn't say anything about it
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 7:17pm On Feb 05, 2020
Peacefullove:

Your head has reset I guess , so what is the LIFE that returned to Lazarus or to a dead body ?

Breath of life ?
I think the question you should ask is : what was dead that came alive?

This is what I think you've been avoiding.

Or better still:
Was Lazarus body dead or alive before Jesus called him out?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 7:29pm On Feb 05, 2020
Peacefullove:

Oga, do you agree the fifth seal at Revelation 6 is a symbol ? Yes or no .

Asking me for interpretation for something you don't agree with. Am not that silly.

Tell me your position first

The book of Revelation has both past, present and future events. It also has literal and symbolic renditions of events: these are in no special order however from the context, one can decipher between literal and symbolic events.

Now, you said Rev 6 is a symbol. Is it everything?

Let's assume I have agreed with you that Rev 6 is a symbol and I ask, what is the meaning?

Rev 6:9-11:
"And when He had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, Until when, Master, holy and true, do You not judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth? And white robes were given to each one of them. And it was said to them that they should rest yet for a little time, until both their fellow servants and their brothers (those about to be killed as they [were] ) should have their number made complete."

The scripture again above:

To help you, the keywords:

Souls
Them
Slain
White Robes
Said to them
Rest a little while
Until their fellow brothers be killed

Peacefullove:

Revelation 20:4 says they come alive, meaning they once DIED ... Do you agree soul dies ? grin

Rev 20:4: "And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And [I saw] the souls of those who had been beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the Word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast nor his image, nor had received [his] mark on their foreheads, nor in their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded...and who did not worship the beast..

The souls belong to those who were beheaded.

The " those " were beheaded: John saw their souls!

It is not the souls that became lifeless it was their body because they were beheaded for not recieving the mark on their body (forehead)
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 7:35pm On Feb 05, 2020
blueAgent:

It depends on what you think a soul is.

Like I said before a soul could mean the Mind or physce, personality of a person

A living being

A life , depending on the context it is used.

If you mean Soul as mind then the answer is yes Angels have Soul. Ezekiel 28:10-25 and Isaiah 14 talks about the Devil having a desire to be God.

A Spirit refers to a living supernatural being like God,Angels, Demons.

The breathe or life force.

The Mind ,thoughts,will,zeal, reasoning of a person.

All this are provable from the Bible.
I will do that later.
In other words, there is a difference between a Soul and a Spirit.

If spirits are just life force (as you have been taught), life force for what?

Like it is easy to say God's spirit is the life force for a human being and when the life force exits the body, it DIES.

So, for angels, who are essentially life force (by your definition): what is the life force giving life to in the makeup of an Angel?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 7:41pm On Feb 05, 2020
shadeyinka:

The book of Revelation has both past, present and future events. It also has literal and symbolic renditions of events: these are in no special order however from the context, one can decipher between literal and symbolic events.

Now, you said Rev 6 is a symbol. Is it everything?

Let's assume I have agreed with you that Rev 6 is a symbol and I ask, what is the meaning?

"And when He had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, Until when, Master, holy and true, do You not judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth? And white robes were given to each one of them. And it was said to them that they should rest yet for a little time, until both their fellow servants and their brothers (those about to be killed as they [were] ) should have their number made complete."

To help you, the keywords:

Souls
Them
Slain
White Robes
Said to them
Rest a little while

The highlighted is the symbolism, Go check other seals ...
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 7:44pm On Feb 05, 2020
shadeyinka:

I think the question you should ask is : what was dead that came alive?

This is what I think you've been avoiding.

Or better still:
Was Lazarus body dead or alive before Jesus called him out?

You said " Example:
The Life returned into Lazarus body: and he (the body of Lazarus) lived again. " - Shadeyinka

What is this LIFE that returned , Breath/Spirit of LIFE ?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 9:27pm On Feb 05, 2020
Peacefullove:

You said " Example:
The Life returned into Lazarus body: and he (the body of Lazarus) lived again. " - Shadeyinka

What is this LIFE that returned , Breath/Spirit of LIFE ?

Lazarus Soul/Spirit returned into his dead body and the dead body came alive.

This that returned into Lazarus body is that which goes to God at death.

I asked you again:
If angels are spirits (life giving force) , what is their spirit giving life since they don't have a body?
(Note: At least it could make sense to say that the life giving force of a man gives life to his body)
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
Peacefullove:

The highlighted is the symbolism, Go check other seals ...

I have agreed with you it is SYMBOLIC: I am asking you as a Jehovah's Witness, What are the meaning of the symbols?
Symbols have meaning or are they meaningless?

Here again for you.

Let's assume I have agreed with you that Rev 6 is a symbolic and I ask, what is the meaning?

To help you, the symbolic keywords:

Souls
Them
Slain
White Robes
Said to them
Rest a little while

Don't be an ostrich and answer the question: except you imply that the symbols are meaningless!
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 6:32am On Feb 06, 2020
shadeyinka:

Lazarus Soul/Spirit returned into his dead body and the dead body came alive.

This that returned into Lazarus body is that which goes to God at death.

I asked you again:
If angels are spirits (life giving force) , what is their spirit giving life since they don't have a body?
(Note: At least it could make sense to say that the life giving force of a man gives life to his body)

From life , you are back to soul/spirit. No problem .your confusion knows no bounds.

What is that which goes to God at death ? Is it a person or breath of life/force of life ?

That's the question.

As for your question on angels . Prove first that angels are force . Like you opined
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 6:38am On Feb 06, 2020
shadeyinka:

I have agreed with you it is SYMBOLIC: I am asking you as a Jehovah's Witness, What are the meaning of the symbols?
Symbols have meaning or are they meaningless?

Here again for you.

Let's assume I have agreed with you that Rev 6 is a symbolic and I ask, what is the meaning?

To help you, the symbolic keywords:

Souls
Them
Slain
White Robes
Said to them
Rest a little while

Don't be an ostrich and answer the question: except you imply that the symbols are meaningless!

It simply means their blood cry out for vengeance . Like Abels blood did when Cain killed him. Blood can't speak literally but God took notice when an innocent blood is shed . But the soul of every flesh is in it's blood . Leviticus 11:27 . .

Jubilee Bible 2000
For the soul (or life) of the flesh is in the blood
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by Peacefullove: 6:44am On Feb 06, 2020
shadeyinka:

Rev 20:4: "And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And [I saw] the souls of those who had been beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the Word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast nor his image, nor had received [his] mark on their foreheads, nor in their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded...and who did not worship the beast..

The souls belong to those who were beheaded.

The " those " were beheaded: John saw their souls!

It is not the souls that became lifeless it was their body because they were beheaded for not recieving the mark on their body (forehead)

At highlighted, " and they Live " or in some translation ' they came to live ' which means Ressurected be, whatctly came to Life ... Their human body ?

You need to be very careful here . It might finish you .
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 7:52am On Feb 06, 2020
shadeyinka:
In your opinion
I dont have opinion(s) about what is a Soul and what is a Spirit but I do have irrefutable facts on what each is and can give a rundown as well on what each is

shadeyinka:
What is a Soul?
What is a Spirit?
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul
"
- Genesis 2:7

"All in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, all that was on the dry land, died"
- Genesis 7:22

shadeyinka:
It seems we are not on the same page therefore there cannot be an agreement if the fundermental is not treated!

MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s5/images/HeightView.jpg[/img] [img]https://s5/images/DiffHeightSameView.jpg[/img]
shadeyinka, we obviously don't see the scriptures with the same understanding in very major ways because you and I understand scripture to the level of our submission to the Spirit of Truth. We understand scripture to how much we fill out to snuggly fit into the gift of the given out Holy Spirit. shadeyinka, we understand scripture according to the altitude of our individual and/or respective vantage points and/or the level/angle/direction/line of our perspective. Those two pictures I've pasted above, are worth more than twenty thousand words, lol.
"Rachel was about to die, but with her last breath she named the baby Ben-oni (which means “son of my sorrow”)
(i.e. as her soul was departing (for she was dying), she called his name Ben-oni; )
The baby’s father, however, called him Benjamin (which means “son of my right hand”).
"
- Genesis 35:18

"When you withdraw your favor, they are disappointed;
Take away their breath, and they die and return to dust..
"
- Psalm 104:29

You can again, say, it seems we are not on the same page therefore there cannot be an agreement because its all déjà vu, lol.

The rudimentary fundamental is, man, as in meaning, the soul, didnt become a living soul until ruach, the breath of God, as in meaning, the spirit of God was breathed into man's nostril. Any time the body or one draws his/her/its last breath, the breath, which in itself, is the spirit of life, runs out, and as a result of that, such person/animal then meets their death, as in meaning the person, him/her and even the animal of course, physically dies.

"So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL."
The last Adam became a life-giving spirit

(i.e. but the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit
or the last Adam - The Life Giver Spirit
"

Adam without the breath of the spirit of life, would have just remained lifeless soul. It is the breath of the spirit of life that gave Adam life and what stirred him alive, lol, shadeyinka and made him, Adam a living soul. When your great grandpa drew his last breath shadeyinka, the spirit of life left his body, returned and went back to God. His soul, as in meaning your great grandpa, though still conscious gets disengaged from the land of the living and him from that point onwards, no more has any dealings/connection/contact with earth and its inhabitants

shadeyinka, you are soul, because when God formed Adam from dust, Adam became a living soul not by God adding soul to Adam, but it is because of the breath of the spirit of life that he became a living soul. Without the breath of the spirit of life, Adam would have showed no sign of life. He would have been as good as a mannequin or be a glorified scarecrow, just be a lifeless soul, lol
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 7:58am On Feb 06, 2020
Peacefullove:
It simply means their blood cry out for vengeance . Like Abels blood did when Cain killed him. Blood can't speak literally but God took notice when an innocent blood is shed . But the soul of every flesh is in it's blood . Leviticus 11:27 . .

Jubilee Bible 2000
"For the soul of all flesh, its life, is in its blood;
therefore, I have said unto the sons of Israel, Ye shall not eat the blood of any flesh,
for the soul (or the life) of all flesh is its blood; whoever eats it shall be cut off.
"
- Leviticus 17:14 Jubilee Bible 2000

Fyi, the correct verse is Leviticus 17:14 and not the Leviticus 11:27 mistakenly typed
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 8:35am On Feb 06, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I dont have opinion(s) about what is a Soul and what is a Spirit but I do have irrefutable facts on what each is and can give a rundown as well on what each is

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul
"
- Genesis 2:7

"All in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, all that was on the dry land, died"

"Rachel was about to die, but with her last breath she named the baby Ben-oni (which means “son of my sorrow”)
(i.e. as her soul was departing (for she was dying), she called his name Ben-oni; )
The baby’s father, however, called him Benjamin (which means “son of my right hand”).
"
- Genesis 35:18

"When you withdraw your favor, they are disappointed;
Take away their breath, and they die and return to dust..
"
- Psalm 104:29

You can again, say, it seems we are not on the same page therefore there cannot be an agreement because its all déjà vu, lol.

The rudimentary fundamental is, man, as in meaning, the soul, didnt become a living soul until ruach, the breath of God, as in meaning, the spirit of God was breathed into man's nostril. Any time the body or one draws his/her/its last breath, the breath, which in itself, is the spirit of life, runs out, and as a result of that, such person/animal then meets their death, as in meaning the person, him/her and even the animal of course, physically dies.

"[b]So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL."
The last Adam became a life-giving spirit
(i.e. but the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit
or the last Adam - The Life Giver Spirit
"

Adam without the breath of the spirit of life, would have just remained lifeless soul. It is the breath of the spirit of life that gave Adam life and what stirred him alive, lol, shadeyinka and made him, Adam a living soul. When your great grandpa drew his last breath shadeyinka, the spirit of life left his body, returned and went back to God. His soul, as in meaning your great grandpa, though still conscious gets disengaged from the land of the living and him from that point onwards, no more has any dealings/connection/contact with earth and its inhabitants

shadeyinka, you are soul, because when God formed Adam from dust, Adam became a living soul not by God adding soul to Adam, but it is because of the breath of the spirit of life that he became a living soul. Without the breath of the spirit of life, Adam would have showed no sign of life. He would have been as good as a mannequin or be a glorified scarecrow, just be a lifeless soul, lol
I can see that you believe there is a difference between the soul and the spirit which is good and on the right path. However, you have not really defined each except that the spirit makes the soul a living soul.

So, what is the distinction/function of the soul and the spirit?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 8:41am On Feb 06, 2020
Peacefullove:

At highlighted, " and they Live " or in some translation ' they came to live ' which means Ressurected be, whatctly came to Life ... Their human body ?

You need to be very careful here . It might finish you .

Two issues here:
1. The souls of the beheaded were seen by John
2. AND these souls lived

The issue I am pointing out is not the resurrection (which we both agree upon) BUT John seeing the souls of those who had been beheaded (past tense).

What is the meaning of AND? For it cannot refer to just an item/issue but TWO!

Who came to life?
Isn't it the ones who were beheaded?
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 8:54am On Feb 06, 2020
Peacefullove:

Jubilee Bible 2000
Let me just quickly debunk your post. You agree that God has a soul...but does God have BLOOD?

Peacefullove:

God himself have soul

Isaiah 42:1 Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth;

I guess another entity lives inside God ?

Can you see how illogical your defence is. Perhaps you may want to rephrase as you can see that Soul is NOT equivalent to their BLOOD crying out.

How come their "Blood" was given white robes?

Everything still boils down to the fact that you don't seem to know the difference between the Soul and the Spirit.

The soul couldn't have meant "blood": rephrase please
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 8:58am On Feb 06, 2020
Peacefullove:

From life , you are back to soul/spirit. No problem .your confusion knows no bounds.

What is that which goes to God at death ? Is it a person or breath of life/force of life ?

That's the question.

As for your question on angels . Prove first that angels are force . Like you opined
Instead of answering politely the question I asked you, you are busy sidestepping it to ask a diversionary question.

The question again if you are confused.

I asked you again:
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 8:58am On Feb 06, 2020
shadeyinka:
I can see that you believe there is a difference between the soul and the spirit which is good and on the right path. However, you have not really defined each except that the spirit makes the soul a living soul.

So, what is the distinction/function of the soul and the spirit?
Very good question, but I am not convinced you can handle, bite and swallow the meat of the distinction/function of the soul and the spirit, so for now, and in simpler way, the soul is the gateway and/or conduit that connects the body, your body and its five basic senses plus the others with your the spirit, your spirit-man, and the Spirit. Lol. hope you havent yet gotten confused. Ask me to shed more detailed light, if illumination is required, lol
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 9:04am On Feb 06, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Very good question, but I am not convinced you can handle, bite and swallow the meat of the distinction/function of the soul and the spirit, so for now, and in simpler way, the soul is the gateway and/or conduit that connects the body, your body and its five basic senses plus the others with your the spirit, your spirit-man, and the Spirit. Lol. hope you havent yet gotten confused. Ask me to shed more detailed light, if illumination is required, lol
*Proud Armedonia!
Okay o!

Since I cannot handle, bite and swallow the meat of the distinction/function of the soul and the spirit, so.. for now, and in simpler way because I have gotten confused, I Ask you to shed more detailed light and illumination is also required.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 9:06am On Feb 06, 2020
shadeyinka:
Instead of answering politely the question I asked you, you are busy sidestepping it to ask a diversionary question.

The question again if you are confused.

I asked you again:
If angels are spirits (life giving force), what is their spirit giving life since they don't have a body?

They exist on another dimension. They dont need a body. Bodies are required for any being considering to legally operate and/or live on earth. What you see about angels when they appear visibly and are physically seen with the naked eyes are glorified bodies and/or hologram bodies, for lack of a better word.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 9:09am On Feb 06, 2020
shadeyinka:
*Proud Armedonia!
Okay o!

Since I cannot handle, bite and swallow the meat of the distinction/function of the soul and the spirit, so.. for now, and in simpler way because I have gotten confused, I Ask you to shed more detailed light and illumination is also required.
You couldnt resist not calling me names first before asking for light. Smh. You'll just have to wait for that, because as it is, I have work to go to.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 9:15am On Feb 06, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
They exist on another dimension. They dont need a body. Bodies are required for any being considering to legally operate and/or live on earth. What you see about angels when they appear visibly and are physically seen with the naked eyes are glorified bodies and/or hologram bodies, for lack of a better word.
MuttleyLaff,
Are you a Jehovah's witness?
They believe that a Spirit is just a Life giving force (inanimate) which returns to God (hence a dead man becomes unconscious). Peacefullove went on to say that soul is equivalent to blood wet Rev 6:9-11 where he said their soul crying out means their blood crying out.

So knowing that they believe that angels are spirits with no bodies: if we stretch their definition of spirit as life giving force, the question is : what is an angels spirit giving life to?

So, you see why you shouldn't jump into this!
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by MuttleyLaff: 9:24am On Feb 06, 2020
shadeyinka:
MuttleyLaff,
Are you a Jehovah's witness?
They believe that a Spirit is just a Life giving force (inanimate) which returns to God (hence a dead man becomes unconscious). Peacefullove went on to say that soul is equivalent to blood wet Rev 6:9-11 where he said their soul crying out means their blood crying out.

So knowing that they believe that angels are spirits with no bodies: if we stretch their definition of spirit as life giving force, the question is : what is an angels spirit giving life to?

So, you see why you shouldn't jump into this!
shadeyinka, just mull over what I've so far advanced and wait for when I am actively back here in the late PM. Sebi nah truth and proper understanding you want erhn? Then wait nah, it'll be worth the waiting.
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 9:26am On Feb 06, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You couldnt resist not calling me names first before asking for light. Smh. You'll just have to wait for that, because as it is, I have work to go to.
Eya!
Sorry. But you sounded arrogantly proud. You can read up your response again.

So, I'll be waiting!
Re: Why Is There A Resurrection? by shadeyinka(m): 9:28am On Feb 06, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
shadeyinka, just mull over what I've so far advanced and wait for when I am actively back here in the late PM. Sebi nah truth and proper understanding you want erhn? Then wait nah, it'll be worth the waiting.
Okay!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Politics In Churches: Father Mbaka Apologises On Behalf Of Nigerian Pastors / Celestial Church Of Christ- Thanksgiving Songs. / Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.