Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,125 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

A Gripping Love Story In Another Season Of Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Gripping Love Story In Another Season Of Love (353 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / LOVESTRUCK - A Campus Love Story. By Demsid / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Gripping Love Story In Another Season Of Love by NwakaT(m): 6:13am On Feb 04, 2020
SHADOWS AND NOTHINGS.

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/shadows_and_nothings/30984

For some years you had stayed away from romantic relationships. Then you suddenly fell in love with a lady but only to find out that strange calamities usually befell her lovers just seven days after they had gotten intimate with her. At this same time, your ex came pleading that you take her back. What would you do in such a situation?

Such is the story of Julius, Lauretta and Evelyn in 'Shadows and Nothings'. It is a riveting love story with all the elements of fear, betrayal, family secrets, vengeance, and cultural inhibitions.

An excerpt from the book is presented below.

She turned her face away and looked down at the floor. In a calm and resigned tone, she asked, “Do you really love her, Julius? Do you love her the way you loved me then? Or are you simply attracted to her because of the air of beauty and affluence around her? Remember that with time such fascinations fade, with the
fluctuations of fortune.”

“You know how I felt for you, Evelyn, but you trampled and spat on the love we shared.”

She stood and went to him. She took his hand and knelt down. “It was the biggest mistake of my life. I was too young to know what my mother was dragging me into. I haven’t had peace ever since. Please forgive me, Julius. You are the only man that can restore joy to my life. The more I stay without you, the more I live a life of emptiness, a life plagued by a guilty conscience. The kind of love and peace you gave me were such that I haven’t found again ever since. I know my irresponsible act is not deserving of forgiveness, but please find it in your heart to free my soul from this torment. Remember how we were then, Julius, the joy we shared in spite of the challenges we encountered. I know it will—”

“Please stand up, Evelyn. You shouldn’t be kneeling before me.”

Tears had begun to stream down her face. Julius too was becoming overwhelmed with sadness. Indeed, he remembered all the good times they had and the obstacles they jointly surmounted in those early days of his in Gramond.

“My standing is not the issue, Julius. I could stand and yet be at the rock bottom of life. I don’t want to continue living a life of self-deceit, pretending that things are okay, when I know my life is floundering in a muddle.”

Julius stood and pulled her up. But she could barely stand on her feet. She was sobbing. He hugged her and she placed her head on his shoulder. He stroked her hair and began to speak in consoling whispers.

“It’s okay, dear. Yes, I said I’ll never make you cry. I promised I’ll always be there to guide you. But you didn’t keep your side of the bargain. You created all this problem, Evelyn.”

“I know,” she muttered through the tears. “Forgive me, please. I’ve made my mistakes. We can put the past behind us, Julius.”

“It is not going to be as easy as you’re seeing it. As I said, I’m already in a relationship. I can’t just break it up.”

“I understand. But we can start from somewhere. I know you may not love me the way you did then, but if only you could show me half the affection you once gave me.”

Julius was quiet for a while. He held on to her and stroked her hair, an odd spicy scent wafting into his nose. “I love you, Evelyn.” He wasn’t sure if he had said that out aloud or it was just the silent expression of his heart. He didn’t know if his suddenly softened stance was owing to the raging lust of the moment, or deep empathy, or simply the case of long-muzzled affection that was let loose by a forgiving heart.

She pushed closer and held on tight to him. This could be the happiest moment of her life. Those last words from Julius were the sweetest things she’s heard in years.

“Thank you, my love. I’ll always treasure you, Julius. I’ve learnt my lessons. You are the man that God had long destined for me. Never again will anyone divert my attention from my destiny. I’ll ever love you, Julius. I’ll never let you down again.”

He tried to disentangle from her. But it was a miserably feeble effort. “O my God, we really shouldn’t be doing—”

She muffled him with a....

(1) (Reply)

Trials And Trials (A Seemingly Short Story) / CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - Directory Of Nigerian Christian Authors And Publishers / Plagiarism Saga: Does Anne Giwa-amu Have A Case Against Chimamanda Adichie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.