Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (66459 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Zico777(m): 12:53pm On Jun 25, 2021
Good afternoon FAM,pls what can I use to prevent my dog from shedding too much of her hair?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
Zico777:
Good afternoon FAM,pls what can I use to prevent my dog from shedding too much of her hair?
Good afternoonsir, firstly find out what is causing the excessive shedding, it could be ectoparasites or inflammation, etc. Then we can now know the way forward. We will be on standby!!!
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Zico777(m): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
seunH:
Good afternoonsir, firstly find out what is causing the excessive shedding, it could be ectoparasites or inflammation, etc. Then we can now know the way forward. We will be on standby!!!
Thanks for your prompt response sir. Truth is I am not a vet doctor,that was why I brought it to the fore. The breed of the dog in question is a chiwawa.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2021
Zico777:

Thanks for your prompt response sir. Truth is I am not a vet doctor,that was why I brought it to the fore. The breed of the dog in question is a chiwawa.
I understand sir, please can you help me check the areas the where the hair is falling and tell me what you see, or if possible snap it. I am trying to be careful sir inorder to avoid misdiagnosis.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Zico777(m): 8:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
seunH:
I understand sir, please can you help me check the areas the where the hair is falling and tell me what you see, or if possible snap it. I am trying to be careful sir inorder to avoid misdiagnosis.
I quite appreciate your level of professionalism sir. The hair is falling from every part of her body,it's all over our rug,bed,chairs infact everywhere around the house.

Sincerely I am so glad u have my time today. I have been trying to get your attention for a very long time. I would also love to have your contact Sir.

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:31pm On Jun 25, 2021
Zico777:
I quite appreciate your level of professionalism sir. The hair is falling from every part of her body,it's all over our rug,bed,chairs infact everywhere around the house.

Sincerely I am so glad u have my time today. I have been trying to get your attention for a very long time. I would also love to have your contact Sir.
Okay sir, I now get the picture. From what I've seen, just put your mind at rest, It's nothing serious, I'll prescribe some multivitamins for you and some ointment. I'll do that via DM on WhatsApp.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Zico777(m): 8:40pm On Jun 25, 2021
seunH:
Okay sir, I now get the picture. From what I've seen, just put your mind at rest, It's nothing serious, I'll prescribe some multivitamins for you and some ointment. I'll do that via DM on WhatsApp.
Wow I am so honored sir thanks a lot.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by priestcharm(m): 5:43am On Jun 27, 2021
qubys:
Hello, I've got a dog with one of it's ear swollen with fluid in it but no physical injury. What could be the cause and how do you suggest it be treated?

I anticipate your response, thanks in advance.
Did you finally get any solution as I did not see any reply by the Doctor?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by qubys(m): 11:46am On Jun 27, 2021
priestcharm:

I didn’t get any response from him, had to sort it out myself
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by priestcharm(m): 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
qubys:

SO sorry about that. I was actually following because my dog also has similar issue at the moment.
How did you solve it?
I know it is called hematoma
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Zico777(m): 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
Good afternoon Doc,I am yet to hear from u Sir.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:29pm On Jun 27, 2021
priestcharm:

I'll send a response very soon
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2021
Zico777:
I sent you a mail about 2 days ago, I've followed you hopefully I'll be able to send you my contact
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2021
priestcharm:

SO sorry about that. I was actually following because my dog also has similar issue at the moment.
How did you solve it?
Good afternoon sir, please put your mind at rest, it usually resolves on its own. But if it's causing pain and discomfort, I'll prescribe an anti-inflammatory and pain reliever for you. I'll dm it to you via email. But remember to remove to offending agent which is usually ticks and keep the areas around your dog's ear clean and dirt free.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
qubys:

Please, I'm so very sorry, I thought I responded, but I realized I didn't. Please pardon me!!!!. It's actually aural hematoma and can be caused by excessive shaking of the ears which my be due to tick infestation or otitis. If the offending agent is removed, it usually resolves on its own and it not anything for you to worry about. As a means to show my sincere apologies, I'll dm my WhatsApp contact to you, so as to get direct access to me Incase of emergency, I'm sorry once more
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
priestcharm:

How did you solve it?
Incase you don't get my mail, I realized the drugs are OTC hence can prescribe it here. You can get this lotion called Charmil® and apply to the affected area. Then in support, you would also administer multivitamins with bias towards Bcomplex and Vit C. You can also administer calcium supplements too. But I believe a good nutritious food has all the above vitamins and minerals hence if there are not available, just use the Charmil® lotion alone and put your mind at rest. Please I'll be on standby!! These multivitamins should be given once a day, while Charmil® can be used anytime, provided the area is cleaned before application.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by priestcharm(m): 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
seunH:
Incase you don't get my mail, I realized the drugs are OTC hence can prescribe it here. You can get this lotion called Charmil® and apply to the affected area. Then in support, you would also administer multivitamins with bias towards Bcomplex and Vit C. You can also administer
calcium supplements too. But I believe a good nutritious food has all the above vitamins and minerals hence if there are not available, just use the Charmil® lotion alone and put your mind at rest. Please I'll be on standby!! These multivitamins should be given once a day, while Charmil® can be used anytime, provided the area is cleaned before application.
OK thanks so much will try this
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Zico777(m): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
seunH:
I sent you a mail about 2 days ago, I've followed you hopefully I'll be able to send you my contact
Yes Baba I saw it & i replied.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by qubys(m): 12:20am On Jun 29, 2021
seunH:
Please, I'm so very sorry, I thought I responded, but I realized I didn't. Please pardon me!!!!. It's actually aural hematoma and can be caused by excessive shaking of the ears which my be due to tick infestation or otitis. If the offending agent is removed, it usually resolves on its own and it not anything for you to worry about. As a means to show my sincere apologies, I'll dm my WhatsApp contact to you, so as to get direct access to me Incase of emergency, I'm sorry once more

it's all good and that was about a year ago and the said dog is very much better now.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by qubys(m): 12:22am On Jun 29, 2021
priestcharm:

How did you solve it?

had to take the dog to the hospital
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by priestcharm(m): 7:04am On Jun 29, 2021
qubys:

had to take the dog to the hospital
SO I guessed they performed surgery on it in order to get the fluids out and probably tapered the ear?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by qubys(m): 11:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
kind of... cos they had to drain the fluid and was placed on some antibiotics
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by priestcharm(m): 3:54am On Jun 30, 2021
qubys:
kind of... cos they had to drain the fluid and was placed on some antibiotics
OK
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 12:12pm On Jul 02, 2021
Zico777:
Incase you don't get my mail, I realized the drugs are OTC hence can prescribe it here. You can get this lotion called Charmil® and apply to the affected area. Then in support, you would also administer multivitamins with bias towards Bcomplex and Vit C. You can also administer calcium supplements too. But I believe a good nutritious food has all the above vitamins and minerals hence if there are not available, just use the Charmil® lotion alone and put your mind at rest. Please I'll be on standby!! These multivitamins should be given once a day, while Charmil® can be used anytime, provided the area is cleaned before application.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Zico777(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2021
seunH:

Thanks for the response! Hope the lotion can be gotten from a pharmacy?
One more thing sir,what can I give/use to boost her appetite she hardly eat.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2021
Zico777:

Thanks for the response! Hope the lotion can be gotten from a pharmacy?
One more thing sir,what can I give/use to boost her appetite she hardly eat.
You can get at a Vet pharmacy, for the other question, you can get multivitamin with bias towards Vit C.

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by funsoul: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2021
seunH:
You can get at a Vet pharmacy, for the other question, you can get multivitamin with bias towards Vit C.

My question has nothing to do with the topic,am just curious. Are you Seun Hut...?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2021
funsoul:

My question has nothing to do with the topic,am just curious. Are you Seun Hut...?
Yes sir, I'm the one, may I know who is asking please?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by funsoul: 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2021
seunH:
Yes sir, I'm the one, may I know who is asking please?
That's great. Saw where you wrote your first degree was in anatomy and with monicker guessed you were the one.
We both graduated from Ijanikin and OOU (same course initially, before separating to diff depts) You should be able to deduce who this is with that info
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by meks007(m): 9:33am On Jul 04, 2021
Good morning doc,
Happy Sunday to all petlanders.
Please is it advisable to tie the legs of a pregnant dog in other to stop her from stretch so much.
The goal is to prevent miscarriage through stretching.
NB: this is her first pregnancy.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2021
meks007:
Good morning doc,
Happy Sunday to all petlanders.
Please is it advisable to tie the legs of a pregnant dog in other to stop her from stretch so much.
The goal is to prevent miscarriage through stretching.
NB: this is her first pregnancy.
Good morning sir, it is not advisable to tie the legs of your pregnant bitch, rather you should give her good and nourishing food with supplements like folic acid and iron supplements. Tying your dog may induce stress in your dog which may even cause the miscarriage and a host of other conditions. I hope it helps

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (52) (Reply)

Two-Headed Snake Named Tom And Jerry At Reptile Expo in Villeneuve, Switzerland / White Woman Feeding Her Puppy At A Fast Food In Onitsha (Pictures) / My Male Dog Refuses To Mount Females In Heat (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.