Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:48 PM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (65408 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by elpochas: 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
seunH:
Good evening sir, I'm so sorry about what happened. Could you clean her anus with cotton wool soaked with mild antiseptic and observe if there is any injury around her anus. Let's start from there. I'll be on standby
i cleaned her anus on saturday,dint see any injury.I observed her closely 2day when she was urinating that the blood stains were coming frm inside her anus.i gt worried and asked goggle and d answer it gave was inflamatory digestive track infection.Thats y i had to reach you.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:30pm On Feb 21, 2022
elpochas:
i cleaned her anus on saturday,dint see any injury.I observed her closely 2day when she was urinating that the blood stains were coming frm inside her anus.i gt worried and asked goggle and d answer it gave was inflamatory digestive track infection.Thats y i had to reach you.
Alright sir, it could be worm infestation or hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. To be on the safe side, take her to the vet hospital where proper tests would be conducted. Meanwhile keep her hydrated and administer Hemantinics (blood tonic) while preparing to take her to the Vet hospital. Update me on any development, I'll be on standby
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Manuel91(m): 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
Manuel91:

Thanks alot doc, I just got the drugs below...

Greenlife Lincomycin, flagile and warm medicine. I gave the pup half of both but would administer the warm medicine later (was thinking the drug might be too much)

I'd watch him for 3days for any improvement and update you..

Sorry Doc I haven't been able to update you on my pups health... The drugs work perfectly and his doing good.. After day 3 of administering the drugs I had to use my hands to pop the maggots out and applied penicillin ointment...

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
Manuel91:

Sorry Doc I haven't been able to update you on my pups health... The drugs work perfectly and his doing good.. After day 3 of administering the drugs I had to use my hands to pop the maggots out and applied penicillin ointment...
Excellent, thank God. Be my guest anytime

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by apexrankis: 5:46pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hello Dr Seun, pls I have a GSD and she's 10months. She is having Tick flea in her body. What medication can I use as it's much in her body.
Also her cage and surrounding, what can i use to kill the ticks?

She got infected by a local dogs in my compound.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by 218ceaser: 8:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
okay
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:39pm On Feb 26, 2022
apexrankis:
Hello Dr Seun, pls I have a GSD and she's 10months. She is having Tick flea in her body. What medication can I use as it's much in her body.
Also her cage and surrounding, what can i use to kill the ticks?

She got infected by a local dogs in my compound.
Good evening sir, I'm so sorry sir. First of all, you'll have to clean and fumigate the environment your dog is. Then you can get Cypermetrin bath and bathe your dog in other to kill the ticks on it's body. On the other hand you can get this drug called Bravecto®, it's equally effective. Update me as soon as you get these medication
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by apexrankis: 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2022
Ok Dr, I will.
seunH:
Good evening sir, I'm so sorry sir. First of all, you'll have to clean and fumigate the environment your dog is. Then you can get Cypermetrin bath and bathe your dog in other to kill the ticks on it's body. On the other hand you can get this drug called Bravecto®, it's equally effective. Update me as soon as you get these medication
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by kay2dot(m): 11:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hello Dr Seun, I just got a 6 week gsd puppy as a first dog owner.

I will need your guidance on best practice to care for him. Can I have your WhatsApp number?
Thank you

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 3:55am On Feb 28, 2022
kay2dot:
Hello Dr Seun, I just got a 6 week gsd puppy as a first dog owner.

I will need your guidance on best practice to care for him. Can I have your WhatsApp number?
Thank you
Sure sir, I'll send you a DM
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by kay2dot(m): 8:11am On Feb 28, 2022
Hello Dr Seun, He fell on his leg and he's limping, but no sign of pain if I hold and lift the very leg up.
What can I administer to the leg? This happen yester night. Thanks sir
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2022
kay2dot:
Hello Dr Seun, He fell on his leg and he's limping, but no sign of pain if I hold and lift the very leg up.
What can I administer to the leg? This happen yester night. Thanks sir
I've sent you a DM
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by kay2dot(m): 12:48pm On Feb 28, 2022
seunH:
I've sent you a DM

I have replied sir.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 7:41am On Mar 02, 2022
Good morning doc...please I need your advice/help on how to get rid of ticks from my dog...its so irritating and they are sucking her blood so much thus making her to loose weight...thanks
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:43am On Mar 02, 2022
nolywe:
Good morning doc...please I need your advice/help on how to get rid of ticks from my dog...its so irritating and they are sucking her blood so much thus making her to loose weight...thanks
Good morning sir, I'm so sorry sir. First of all, you'll have to clean and fumigate the environment your dog is. Then you can get Cypermetrin bath and bathe your dog in other to kill the ticks on it's body. On the other hand you can get this drug called Bravecto®, it's equally effective. Update me as soon as you get these medication
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by nolywe(m): 9:47am On Mar 02, 2022
seunH:
Good morning sir, I'm so sorry sir. First of all, you'll have to clean and fumigate the environment your dog is. Then you can get Cypermetrin bath and bathe your dog in other to kill the ticks on it's body. On the other hand you can get this drug called Bravecto®, it's equally effective. Update me as soon as you get these medication
Please sir...where can I get the drug and what do I use to fumigate the dog's environment?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:26am On Mar 02, 2022
nolywe:

Please sir...where can I get the drug and what do I use to fumigate the dog's environment?
It's not scarce, you can get it in any pet store
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by shox(m): 5:27pm On Mar 02, 2022
seunH:
It's not scarce, you can get it in any pet store
good evening . My pit bull has refused to eat much food since yesterday. It’s still quite healthy looking. No watery stool.and he’s a 7months old big boy
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
shox:
good evening . My pit bull has refused to eat much food since yesterday. It’s still quite healthy looking. No watery stool.and he’s a 7months old big boy
Good evening sir, please are they other symptoms you are observing that you are not comfortable with?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Lontrra: 6:51pm On Mar 02, 2022
Good day sir, well done with the good job you're doing. I plan on getting a 7 weeks Lhasa Apso but the thing is I stay alone and go to work 3 times in a week. Is it okay to leave the puppy alone during the times I won't be around?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 7:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
Lontrra:
Good day sir, well done with the good job you're doing. I plan on getting a 7 weeks Lhasa Apso but the thing is I stay alone and go to work 3 times in a week. Is it okay to leave the puppy alone during the times I won't be around?
Thanks so much for the compliment sir, I'm really grateful. It's not really advisable for now, be patient till she is a bit matured.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Lontrra: 7:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
seunH:
Thanks so much for the compliment sir, I'm really grateful. It's not really advisable for now, be patient till she is a bit matured.

Thank you
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by shox(m): 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2022
seunH:
Good evening sir, please are they other symptoms you are observing that you are not comfortable with?
he sleeps a lot but no high temperature . Not interested in food and this evening I noticed clothing materials in his stool. But it’s still solid.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2022
shox:
he sleeps a lot but no high temperature . Not interested in food and this evening I noticed clothing materials in his stool. But it’s still solid.
Okay sir, I'll prescribe some multivitamins for you and we will place her on observation for 3 days. Meanwhile ensure she is hydrated atleast while we watch.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by shox(m): 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2022
seunH:
Okay sir, I'll prescribe some multivitamins for you and we will place her on observation for 3 days. Meanwhile ensure she is hydrated atleast while we watch.
okay. Thank you

I’m waiting
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:38pm On Mar 06, 2022
shox:
okay. Thank you
I’m waiting
Vitamin C and B complex is the best among others
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Doncolidon: 9:24pm On Mar 06, 2022
Hello Doc. How about 10 to 11wks old Gsd, is it okay to leave her all by herself for few hours while away at work? Thanks.
seunH:
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:31pm On Mar 06, 2022
Doncolidon:
Hello Doc. How about 10 to 11wks old Gsd, is it okay to leave her all by herself for few hours while away at work? Thanks.
Good evening sir, it's better you get someone to atleast check up on her periodically while away, if it convenient for you.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by batool20d: 4:08am On Mar 08, 2022
okay
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 08, 2022
So my stubborn and playful GSD will be 6 years by July 2nd, any special treatment or advice on how to keep an adult dog healthy?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:23am On Mar 08, 2022
Simran94:
So my stubborn and playful GSD will be 6 years by July 2nd, any special treatment or advice on how to keep an adult dog healthy?
Congratulations sir. Regular exercise, Good nutrition esp protein and vitamin, reduce calorie intake to avoid obesity, Regular visits to a licenced Veterinarian for check up and finally, tender loving care. I hope this helps
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 08, 2022
seunH:
Congratulations sir. Regular exercise, Good nutrition esp protein and vitamin, reduce calorie intake to avoid obesity, Regular visits to a licenced Veterinarian for check up and finally, tender loving care. I hope this helps
Thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (52) (Reply)

Help Me With Breed Of My Dog.(pics Included). / Inside China's Dog Meat Trade As Animals Are Beaten, Boiled & Burned Alive(Pics) / Meet 'Snakeman' Who Lives With 120 Pet Snakes, 70 Spiders, Bald Rats In Wales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.