Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Talk To A Veterinarian - Pets (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Talk To A Veterinarian (66518 Views)

Chat With A Veterinarian For FREE!!! / Consult A Veterinarian / Rights Of Pet Owners From A Veterinarian During Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:13pm On Jan 08, 2021
seunH:
My dear brother, those "Vets" you are seeing collecting cheap money, are mostly QUACKS. There are some "Vets" who would collect 1,000 naira from you to come to your house to vaccinate your dog!!! even here on Nairaland one even claimed to be able to treat Parvo with just 500 naira, my brother no licensed veterinarian would collect that ridiculous amount, its only a quack that would. I was in a WhatsApp group, where a guy in Rivers state said about 4 "Vets" came to his house to attend to his dog, and I kept wondering where he easily found 4 "Vets" when in the whole Niger-Delta region there isn't a single Vet school!!!. My brother this is one of the major issues we are dealing with, but I can assure you that all hands are on deck to address it. I want you to also know that; 'A profession which is not lucrative, does not have quacks'. FINALLY, I want you to remain focused, your are not in this world to please everybody and the grass is not greener on the other side, every profession has its own peculiar challenges. I also faced challenges till I got here and it wasn't easy, it would interest you to know that I had a degree in Anatomy (BSc) before I studied Vet medicine. I'll inbox my number to you, so we can talk better and I can further assist you in anyway I can. Cheers
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Osemond123(m): 5:51am On Jan 11, 2021
Please sir how quality is bingo dry food for Dogs expecialy puppy.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 11:03am On Jan 11, 2021
Osemond123:
Please sir how quality is bingo dry food for Dogs expecialy puppy.
Good morning sir, personally I have reservations over processed foods because they contain chemicals used as a preservative which will be harmful to your dog on the long run, hence I usually recommend natural food. Bingo dry food according to what was written on the pack seems to be of high quality but some people have equally expressed displeasure with the quality of the dog food and the effect it has on their dog, hence I would say, it's based on individual preference, what works for you may not work for the other person. I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by klom007: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
House i need your help please I see clear discharge from my dog valva. Please I dont know what this is

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 6:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
klom007:
House i need your help please I see clear discharge from my dog valva. Please I dont know what this is
Good evening Sir, we will appreciate if you give us more back ground information on your dog's condition, for example is she healthy, has she been mated or on heat, previous medication etc. These information will help us help you better!!
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 7:18pm On Jan 11, 2021
Dr Seun,pls am i_permitted to ask you how tall should my Six weeks old Ekuke puppy,although it seems mixed like A_rottweiler,Pls sir how tall should my six weeks two days puppy
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by klom007: 7:21pm On Jan 11, 2021
seunH:
Good evening Sir, we will appreciate if you give us more back ground information on your dog's condition, for example is she healthy, has she been mated or on heat, previous medication etc. These information will help us help you better!!
A vet came on thursday to deworm and give the dog antibiotics because of some red spot on her belly and also a shot at her back, 5hour later the dog start dragging the left back leg where the vet gave her shot, when I checked it, the leg swell up and it's painful and she refuse to eat but only chicken in her that she eat. the vet said it's a muscle contraction which I massage and now the leg is okay. But from the night of the shot I noticed this discharge till now. The dog recoved and gain her energy this morning. But the discharge still continues and the dog didn't mate because she the only dog in our compound. Plz help
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:19pm On Jan 11, 2021
Henuell:
Dr Seun,pls am i_permitted to ask you how tall should my Six weeks old Ekuke puppy,although it seems mixed like A_rottweiler,Pls sir how tall should my six weeks two days puppy
Good evening sir, it depends on the breed, genetic make up, preexisting health issues and feeding. But if you want to compare heights, there are threads here on nairaland where dog owners post pics of their dogs as they grow. I hope this helps!!!
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:20pm On Jan 11, 2021
klom007:

A vet came on thursday to deworm and give the dog antibiotics because of some red spot on her belly and also a shot at her back, 5hour later the dog start dragging the left back leg where the vet gave her shot, when I checked it, the leg swell up and it's painful and she refuse to eat but only chicken in her that she eat. the vet said it's a muscle contraction which I massage and now the leg is okay. But from the night of the shot I noticed this discharge till now. The dog recoved and gain her energy this morning. But the discharge still continues and the dog didn't mate because she the only dog in our compound. Plz help
Are you seeing signs of her being on heat?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 8:25pm On Jan 11, 2021
seunH:
Good evening sir, it depends on the breed, genetic make up, preexisting health issues and feeding. But if you want to compare heights, there are threads here on nairaland where dog owners post pics of their dogs as they grow. I hope this helps!!!
um sir am guessing you know how tall a_rottweiler can be at 6weeks right?,but if you don't imma just check google
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
Henuell:

um sir am guessing you know how tall a_rottweiler can be at 6weeks right?,but if you don't imma just check google
Please be my guest
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by klom007: 9:36pm On Jan 11, 2021
seunH:
Are you seeing signs of her being on heat?
The dog is just one year today and the first heat was on oct/nov 2020. Then there was blood discharge and protude valva and it cleared after 3 week or there about. But this case there's no blood discharge but that clear one and it's a concern to me. Find the picture of there valva.

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 9:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
klom007:

The dog is just one year today and the first heat was on oct/nov 2020. Then there was blood discharge and protude valva and it cleared after 3 week or there about. But this case there's no blood discharge but that clear one and it's a concern to me. Find the picture of there valva.
I'll inbox my number to you so that I can clerk you better via WhatsApp
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by klom007: 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2021
Thank you so much Dr.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 7:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
seunH:
Please be my guest
ok sir,pls how can i_effectively teach my puppy basic commands such as Sit,stand and stuffs like that
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by 4lashy(m): 10:03am On Jan 13, 2021
Good day Doc. My dog was lodged with a friend for 3 days while I was away on a journey. On getting back to pick my dog, I noticed a sort of milky foul smelly discharge from both ears. I would like to seek your advice on what to do to cure this "infection".
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Spy360(m): 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
How much can I get Hausa local dog? And can I buy from them?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:35pm On Jan 13, 2021
Henuell:

ok sir,pls how can i_effectively teach my puppy basic commands such as Sit,stand and stuffs like that
I'm so sorry for the late response, I've been very busy. You can teach your dog basic commands by using positive reinforcement method. In this method you would motivate your dog to do what you want by giving it his favorite treat as a reward when he does it. It is advisable to give your dog a name first before you start the process. I hope this helps
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2021
seunH:
I'm so sorry for the late response, I've been very busy. You can teach your dog basic commands by using positive reinforcement method. In this method you would motivate your dog to do what you want by giving it his favorite treat as a reward when he does it. It is advisable to give your dog a name first before you start the process. I hope this helps
ok sir yea yea its working sir..btw sir i_wanted to ask if carrying a_puppy too much reduces its growth
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 8:11pm On Jan 13, 2021
4lashy:
Good day Doc. My dog was lodged with a friend for 3 days while I was away on a journey. On getting back to pick my dog, I noticed a sort of milky foul smelly discharge from both ears. I would like to seek your advice on what to do to cure this "infection".
I'm so sorry for the delay Sir, today was very hectic. From the above, I'm suspecting Otitis externa, but I won't want to be conclusive not until I get full information. Please if there are other symptoms you are observing, let me know so that we will know the next step!!!
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by 4lashy(m): 9:30pm On Jan 13, 2021
seunH:
I'm so sorry for the delay Sir, today was very hectic. From the above, I'm suspecting Otitis externa, but I won't want to be conclusive not until I get full information. Please if there are other symptoms you are observing, let me know so that we will know the next step!!!
The accompanying symptoms I noticed is that the poop is a bit pasty and the body temperature is a bit high. Apart from that, he eats very well.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
4lashy:

The accompanying symptoms I noticed is that the poop is a bit pasty and the body temperature is a bit high. Apart from that, he eats very well.
Excellent, I'll inbox my number to you, so as to do proper clerking and figure out a way forward. If we confirm its otitis externa, we would first of all clean up the ear to remove all the pus and debris found inside, this would be routinely and then supported with an antibiotic
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by TomorrowToday: 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2021
Sir, my 4 Lhasa puppies who are currently 7 weeks old had tick infestation. The ticks are so tiny that pulling them out is difficult.

This morning, I applied one tick oil I use for the adult dogs on them with plans of bathing them with biozenol acaricide by tomorrow. However, I got a distress call from home by 2 pm that they are all bitting the base of their tails, close to their anus, and crying in severe pain.

The pups had vitamin injection when they were 5 weeks old (their mother was severely sick at that time but she's okay now. She was shaking that time, unable to stand and her tongue was hanging out and plenty of saliva coming out. The vet said is probably heartworm and gave her a series of injection), they were duly vaccinated and dewormed at 6 weeks old. The worm medicine the vet used is BIO-RANTEL.

I asked my sister to give them palm oil, and when I got home, I bath them with Ectovis soap and they seemed a bit relieved before I went back to work.

I later got another call when my sister came back that 3 of the pups are screaming again in pains.

I asked her to dilute some quantity of apple cider vinegar with warm water and clean their body with it. I read online that apple cider vinegar repels ticks

Pls sir what can I do to save my pups pending when the vet doctor comes?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2021
TomorrowToday:
Sir, my 4 Lhasa puppies who are currently 7 weeks old had tick infestation. The ticks are so tiny that pulling them out is difficult.

This morning, I applied one tick oil I use for the adult dogs on them with plans of bathing them with biozenol acaricide by tomorrow. However, I got a distress call from home by 2 pm that they are all bitting the base of their tails, close to their anus, and crying in severe pain.

The pups had vitamin injection when they were 5 weeks old (their mother was severely sick at that time but she's okay now. She was shaking that time, unable to stand and her tongue was hanging out and plenty of saliva coming out. The vet said is probably heartworm and gave her a series of injection), they were duly vaccinated and dewormed at 6 weeks old. The worm medicine the vet used is BIO-RANTEL.

I asked my sister to give them palm oil, and when I got home, I bath them with Ectovis soap and they seemed a bit relieved before I went back to work.

I later got another call when my sister came back that 3 of the pups are screaming again in pains.

I asked her to dilute some quantity of apple cider vinegar with warm water and clean their body with it. I read online that apple cider vinegar repels ticks

Pls sir what can I do to save my pups pending when the vet doctor comes?
I'm so sorry sir, you've done well with what you've administered, it works. Lime or lemon too can work, even dogonyaro tree (neem extracts) too can also work temporarily. Keep us posted when the vet arrives.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2021
SIR PLS ATTEND TO ME.PLS PLS PLS....MY PET IS REALLY WEAK LIKE SHE DOESN'T WANT TOLD EAT ANYTHING BUT SHE ATE JUST MEAT TODAY.....IT WAS AS A_RESULT OF MY IGNORANCE...REMEMBER WHEN I_WAS TALKING ABOUT DE WORMING MY DOG??...LIKE TWO WEEKS AGO AND TODAY I_NOTICED MY DOG HAD VOMITED..ON CHECKING THE VOMIT I_NOTICED A_TINY WORM AND SHE HAVE BEEN VOMITING RECENTLY,SO I_DECIDED TO GIVE HER half a_tablet OF WORMIN,IT RESULTED IN HER CONSTANTLY STOOLING TODAY AND NOW SHE JUST SLEEPS AND SLEEPS REALLY TIRED...SIR WILL THE PAIN EVENTUALLY GO AWAY OR I_NEED TO DO ANY STUFF?
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 10:40pm On Jan 14, 2021
Henuell:
SIR PLS ATTEND TO ME.PLS PLS PLS....MY PET IS REALLY WEAK LIKE SHE DOESN'T WANT TOLD EAT ANYTHING BUT SHE ATE JUST MEAT TODAY.....IT WAS AS A_RESULT OF MY IGNORANCE...REMEMBER WHEN I_WAS TALKING ABOUT DE WORMING MY DOG??...LIKE TWO WEEKS AGO AND TODAY I_NOTICED MY DOG HAD VOMITED..ON CHECKING THE VOMIT I_NOTICED A_TINY WORM AND SHE HAVE BEEN VOMITING RECENTLY,SO I_DECIDED TO GIVE HER half a_tablet OF WORMIN,IT RESULTED IN HER CONSTANTLY STOOLING TODAY AND NOW SHE JUST SLEEPS AND SLEEPS REALLY TIRED...SIR WILL THE PAIN EVENTUALLY GO AWAY OR I_NEED TO DO ANY STUFF?
First of all, put your mind at rest. The pain will eventually go away but as I told you earlier, you would need to visit your Vet for general check up and vaccination. So put your mind at rest Sir, all will be well
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by wizi44(m): 11:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
This is the kind of thread that needs to be on the frontpage not all these romance, snake shits

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by 4lashy(m): 4:34am On Jan 15, 2021
seunH:
Excellent, I'll inbox my number to you, so as to do proper clerking and figure out a way forward. If we confirm its otitis externa, we would first of all clean up the ear to remove all the pus and debris found inside, this would be routinely and then supported with an antibiotic
Thanks for your reply...though I haven't got your number yet. Here is mine so that we can talk on WhatsApp 08068728020.
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 6:13am On Jan 15, 2021
wizi44:
This is the kind of thread that needs to be on the frontpage not all these romance, snake shits
yea dis thread has helped dozens of ppl including me...i_even thought it was already in front page
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by Henuell(m): 6:16am On Jan 15, 2021
seunH:
First of all, put your mind at rest. The pain will eventually go away but as I told you earlier, you would need to visit your Vet for general check up and vaccination. So put your mind at rest Sir, all will be well
tnk You very much sir,i_woke up today and found rosie playing around,she even ate the food i_gave her and she drank the wateer too,am so relieved right now....tnk you sir
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by slydog(m): 11:17am On Jan 15, 2021
Hi name sake, Seun.
Pls I'm a first time female Lhasa owner. Yesterday I discovered something under her anus/tail for the first time, looks like vulva or something. I don't know if she's on heat because I was told that I'm supposed to notice blood stain but yet to. She has never littered before, is it time to look for a male lhasa for mating now? I'm in ph
Re: Talk To A Veterinarian by seunH: 1:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
slydog:
Hi name sake, Seun.
Pls I'm a first time female Lhasa owner. Yesterday I discovered something under her anus/tail for the first time, looks like vulva or something. I don't know if she's on heat because I was told that I'm supposed to notice blood stain but yet to. She has never littered before, is it time to look for a male lhasa for mating now? I'm in ph
Its an honor sir. But please I'll be happy if you can snap the area and post it for me to examine objectively. That way I'll have an idea of what is going on and I'll be able to advice you better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (52) (Reply)

White Woman Feeding Her Puppy At A Fast Food In Onitsha (Pictures) / My Male Dog Refuses To Mount Females In Heat (Photos) / Zimbabwean Woman Caught Breastfeeding A Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.