Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:30 AM

FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — Judgement - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — Judgement (287 Views)

FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "Born Again" (PART 1) / FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — "The Kingdom Of God Suffers Violence..." / Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — Judgement by Wakeupchristian: 3:24pm On Feb 04, 2020
My auntie needed to build a house but according to her she hadn't enough money to buy a land and build at the same time. Out of a large expanse of land owned by my mother, she requested for a small portion which my mother obliged without any suspicion. To our amazement, when she began to build she covered a wider portion than she was given. In a nutshell my auntie later used her societal influence and took the entire property from my mother. It would have been proper for my mother to fight for what rightly belonged to her but thankfully she knew how to let go. So we moved from the apartment we occupied on that land and became tenants to others.

What puzzled me in all this was the fact that my auntie was a dynamic member of a known Pentecostal Church in my State. She was so involved in the church that she was nicknamed after the church. With her level of involvement in the church, one would expect some noble acts from my auntie, but as long as she was in the church, she did not realize she wronged her sister. There was no single prick on her conscience. Many indeed are in church but not in Christ. Though an early teenager at the time, each time I pondered over this issue, I couldn't stop asking myself, "what is my auntie really learning from the church she is so engrossed with?" Many years passed and the situation remained the same. My auntie was still regular in church doing seemingly good things without remembering she had hurt somebody.

Then suddenly the unexpected happened. My auntie came running to my mother asking for her forgiveness. She even acquired another property for my mother as a way of restitution. What brought the sudden change of heart was a shock to us all. My auntie got introduced to a new religion! This religion was more emphatic on the principle of sowing and reaping. She then understood, that what she did to my mother will return to her in multiples, if she does not amend her ways. The result? My auntie abandoned the church for her new religion. To her, there was no truth in the church.

Did this woman really need to leave the church before getting to know the truth? Jesus Christ is the bringer of truth. He is the truth Himself. He said "I am the way, the truth and the life" (John 14:6).. The truth is therefore meant to be taught in the church, but sometimes we leave the weightier matters and attend to things that add no value to men's spiritual life. Sometimes we do this for fear of losing members that matter to us. We don't want to touch on issues that will hurt them. So we give them what they want to hear, not what they need. What happened to my auntie has happened to many other people, and may continue to happen if the church does not stop coating her messages with sugar. She felt as though a scale was removed from her eyes when she was taught in depth about the natural law of sowing and reaping.

The subject of sowing and reaping litters the scriptures, but we only mention it in passing. We don't give it the attention it deserves. Christ said with what measure you use, it shall be measured to you (Matthew 7:1). Paul added to this focus when he said, "whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap" (Galatians 6:7).

Today the prevailing message in church is, "Jesus loves you, He died for you, you are saved by grace not by your works ". Many Christians understand these statements in the wrong perspective. This is why they can still lie, steal, cheat, or even kill, and still feel comfortable being in church.

When it comes to the subject of judgment, the church has taught a great deal about an aspect of it, the judgment after life, but has neglected the crucial aspect, which is a determinant of men's fate in the afterlife. This aspect of Judgment is an existing judgment which takes place right here on earth. It is God's discipline to men and unfolds in the Law of Reciprocal Action, otherwise known as sowing and reaping. Everyone who lives on earth passes through this judgment. Your response to it is very crucial. Through it, you will either gain spiritual ascent and eternal life in the City of Light, or spiritual deterioration and descent to the regions of darkness.

The Law of Reciprocal Action is one of the laws of Creation. It operates the same way in every area of life, regardless of religion, color, or race. This law says, a man must reap what he sows (Galatians 6:7). The law unfolds in everything, particularly, the things we do wilfully. A farmer for example, who consciously sows a grain of maize, will in due season reap maize, not beans. He will reap about 2 or 3 heads of maize, each with many grains, not just a single grain as he planted. This natural occurrence with crops in the physical, affects the spiritual seeds we sow in our thoughts, words and deeds. We reap in multiples, and in similar kind, all that we think, say and do. That means, if you sow love, mercy, kindness, or forgiveness, multiples of the same will naturally flow back to you. And if you indulge in strife, hatred, malice, or vengeance, the same will return to you in multiples.

Why do we have to reap what we sow, someone may ask? In answering this question Paul said, "....so that we do not get finally condemned with the world" (1Corinthians 11:32). When we fall short of God's expectations and are disciplined, or made to bear the consequences of our actions, most times we stop to think. We want to know why certain things were allowed to happen to us. If we have eyes to see, we identity our faults and go for better choices. So the principle of sowing and reaping is a natural process that turns our attention back to God's will. It prepares us for the kingdom of God, and helps us to escape from the impending condemnation of the final judgment.

It is time Christians be told, that there is no forgiveness for wilful sin. What follows willful sin is judgment ( Hebrews 10:26-27). Every premeditated sin must be redeemed solely by the individual involved. Let's stop feeling protected in the illusion that the blood of Jesus will always cleanse us from our sins. Christ did not come so that men may become reckless. He brought the message of salvation so that we can absorb it and live by it. His last words at the cross were, "it is finished".

It is finished means, " I have accomplished my work of salvation, the rest is in your hands". Listen dear reader, the message of salvation has been delivered to you. It is your sole responsibility to get hold of it, absorb it and endeavor to live according to what it says. When you live according to the message of Christ, you sow the right seed and expect a harvest of blessing. But when you live against the message continually, you sow corrupt seeds. Corrupt seeds will yield to you a harvest of trials and distress.

Some of the trials and distresses we pass through are the echoes of our wilful actions. They are the things we called with our very hands. On a particular course of my dealings with a client of mine sometime, I bargained above the standard profit margin. Without hesitation the client made a direct payment to my account. Few weeks after I delivered the consignment, she called me to make another order. I became excited about the excessive profit I was about to make again, without knowing, that I was rejoicing in iniquity. As soon as I was done talking with her, a "gentle man" walked into my office, and while pretending to seek for help, made away with my cell phone. I had to use the excessive gain I made in the previous transaction to purchase another cell phone. I got the message that was being passed to me. Discipline. So I decided I will never push my profit above the margin again. That's the training.

If you can hear the voice of God's discipline in your ears, you will pause and think. You will acknowledge your faults and ask for mercy. If you are wise and obedient, you will break ties with sin and leave your wayward attitudes behind. Instead of running from pillar to post, calling fire to burn the "enemy" you created, you will learn to pray, Lord, thy will be done.

Many Christians are being careless and mistaken about the principle of sowing and reaping. They consciously sow corrupt seeds and expect bountiful harvest of blessings. They either do not believe the Word, or they think they will be exempted from it because they are in Church. These people are being deceived. While Creation remains, no man will mock God by changing even for once, this Law of harvest. It is the Law of life. All of God's judgment, and indeed the entire Universe depend on it
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — Judgement by Wakeupchristian: 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — Judgement by thereadingivy: 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
This is so true. Thank you for this.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — Judgement by Earthkumy(m): 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2020
God bless you
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — Judgement by Wakeupchristian: 10:36pm On Feb 07, 2020
Earthkumy:
God bless you
Thank you.
Re: FALSIFIED TEACHINGS Of Christ — Judgement by Wakeupchristian: 10:36pm On Feb 07, 2020
thereadingivy:
This is so true. Thank you for this.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Thread removed / Who Wrote The Book Of Genesis? / Can You Give Up Your Phone And Internet For Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.