Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (605101 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (427) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 3:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
Coolcash1:

Its good to be liquid but excess liquidity is bad. It makes no sense siting on a large pile of cash without using it to generate value for shareholders. Also, the past success enjoyed by the company from the unveiling of their iconic Iphone brands to me, seems to be over due to tough competition and gross imitation by the Chinese.

Therefore, there is need to exercise caution and not be carried away by the old glory of the company. Note that Iphone is their cash cow and if its sales is now threatened by competition and trade war between US and China (with china being their biggest market), your guess is as good as mine.

For me, i still maintain that Apple is overvalued as such the price needs to fall drastically.

DD still advised.

Lol no way, if you think Apple relies on only iPhones that’s wrong. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/apple-fiscal-q3-2020-earnings-iphone-sales-wearables-services-2020-7%3famp
They blew expectations, services revenue is almost half of iPhone revenue so although iPhones are the cash cow not like they’re a one trick pony like Netflix. Imagine selling that many iPhones during this pandemic grin they’re also planning to make their own chips which would reduce costs and aid vertical integration. They’re ditching intel who are making their chips. They’re moving to 5G, their iPhone 12 new features would release this morning https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/11/tech/apple-fall-release-5g-iphone/index.html

They also into future tech like AR... they aren’t just sitting on their laurels https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.slashgear.com/apple-glass-augmented-reality-transparent-lenses-production-roadmap-leak-smart-glasses-10628468/amp/

You can say Tesla is overvalued but I don’t think Apple is... smart money like Buffett is in Apple. Apple is a stock you can buy now and leave for years to come back and meet it still up, they would reverse split it and it’ll keep going up. Later this month when it drops to about $100 and something I don’t see it staying there too long.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
abraolas1:

I was thinking of doing JIJO with TSLA this morning..... or hold on the long time..... Good News about battery Day next Month, earning day very soon will push the stock price up ..... still skeptical about the it perhaps will have to Calm Down.

Bros no calming down for Apple and Tesla lol
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by drskyfly007(m): 4:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
nna777:

Yeah it's expected. It's done 3000%YTD. Keep monitoring till it's dippest dip then jump in(Buy a sizeable lot today. I think it's also just reacting to the Russia vaccine news). Value investors who have been sitting on the sidelines will now jump in.

I exited on Friday. Am monitoring like a hawk, ready to swoop in.

At what price do you intend to strike..
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Arizona042: 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
#Jumia crashed hard today. Sold my last holding. I don't fancy their earning results.

Customers increased 40% Y/Y but orders were only 8% up despite massive lockdown experienced in Nigeria and other African countries during the last quarter.

I don't see how orders will increase any further when countries are beginning to relax lockdown
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nna777: 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
drskyfly007:
At what price do you intend to strike..

I aimed @120 and didn't miss. It's still a good buy currently.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Should one buy Jumia against tomorrow earnings?

OakPearl:

Please don't buy.
From indications am getting, I doubt if they will beat estimates.
Investors thought they would when they piled into it until it hit $23 before starting it's descent.

Maybe they know better now.
Unless something materially spectacular is reported, the rally may be over at least for the immediate short term.
Mr. Market has the final say though.

Skymoore1004:
Yeah, I left it.

I thank God you no buy.
It's down to $11.83, a 27% collapse today!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
Thank you Baba, I appreciate your advice!
OakPearl:

I thank God you no buy.
It's down to $11.83, a 27% collapse today!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by phantino: 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2020
Please is there any problem with choicetrade options, they said I have to wait for two months before I can trade options that they have problems? Can anyone confirm This?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
I am praying for $AYX & $FSLY at this rate lol
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Proximed: 6:17pm On Aug 12, 2020
I just noticed my account was debited $48 without perfoming any transaction. Did anyone else notice such deduction?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Proximed: 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
Proximed:
I just noticed my account was debited $48 without perfoming any transaction. Did anyone else notice such deduction?
It has been reversed.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2020
Planned to sell my $TSLA @$1600 but it’s like it’s rocketing high.. now my greediness is about to hold for $1800 grin grin.

@oakpearl; what do you suggest?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abraolas1: 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2020
OakPearl:

Absolutely.
They seem to have been well rooted in the game I think based on their early beginning of lending text books.

But Why is the stocks is going downward spiral
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
I guess it’s a hold for me smiley

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
Skymoore1004:
I guess it’s a hold for me smiley

Be wary of those guys, they’re called pumpers. Everyone has us own interests in the market

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2020
Yup! You’re right.

I’m gonna sell by $1700; at least realistically I see it reaching there tomorrow from people reacting to the market today.

Then will re-enter when short sellers take profits. I don’t see it reaching $2k without a dip.
Plus there’s still some days to the split for it to run up back and forth. Just my perception though
ebuka1997:

Be wary of those guys, they’re called pumpers. Everyone has us own interests in the market
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
abraolas1:

But Why is the stocks is going downward spiral

Because the market never moves in a straight line.
If you know what you are investing in, no need to worry, unless you intended to trade.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Planned to sell my $TSLA @$1600 but it’s like it’s rocketing high.. now my greediness is about to hold for $1800 grin grin.

@oakpearl; what do you suggest?

Just recall how much Apple was before the stock split announcement, and what it is now.
My thought is that a similar pattern will play out.

I mean who doesn't want free shares?
Someone may argue the fact that it's the same value you will still get after the split.
I would say NO because the gains you make before the split and that which you will still make after the split (all due to investors' frenzy in between) will certainly increase the gross value of the shares you keep.
The power is in the holding period for stocks like this.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
Let’s make an example for better understanding.

So if the market closes on Friday at $1600 right?Then it splits and on Monday one gets 5 shares at $320 each (which is the same).

Wouldn’t it be the same if you buy immediately the market opens @$320?

OakPearl:

Just recall how much Apple was before the stock split announcement, and what it is now.

Someone may argue the fact that it's the same value you will still get after the split.
I would say NO because the gains you make before the split and that which you will still make after the split (all due to investors' frenzy in between) will certainly increase the gross value of the shares you keep.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2020
Skymoore1004:

So if the market closes on Friday at $1600 right?Then it splits and on Monday one gets 5 shares at $320 each (which is the same).

Market forces (demand and supply mechanism) will ensure its not the same immediately after you buy at $320.
It will either go up because it will suddenly appear too cheap and demand will drive it up, or people may develop some apathy at the initial stage after the split which will cause it to dip further. That dip can make it more attractive for bargain hunters who wouldn't mind burying some quid there to cool off till when it is ready to rise like bread in water.

But long term going forward, it surely will increase in value.
In fact it will add value faster from our assumed $320 than if it is left to grow at the current $1,500.
You know Elon Musk na, he doesn't play with value addition even if means replicating what someone else has done. grin

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2020
Penboy:

So you're saying it's a bad sign for $MSFT?
$APPL didn't tank nau

APPL was very sluggish prior to its earnings call
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 9:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
OakPearl:

Market forces (demand and supply mechanism) will ensure its not the same immediately after you buy at $320.
It will either go up because it will suddenly appear too cheap and demand will drive it up, or people may develop some apathy at the initial stage after the split which will cause it to dip further. That dip can make it more attractive for bargain hunters who wouldn't mind burying some quid there to cool off till when it is ready to rise like bread in water.

But long term going forward, it surely will increase in value.
In fact it will add value faster from our assumed $320 than if it is left to grow at the current $1,500.
You know Elon Musk na, he doesn't play with value addition even if means replicating what someone else has done. grin

An Bezos be chief copy cat na grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 9:23pm On Aug 12, 2020
OakPearl:

I think these CEOs are ahead of Wall Street on this. While those punks in suits are blaming RobinHood and retail traders for uncharacteristic market movements, I think these guys have realized that a lot of people want to own their stock but see them as expensive so they split shares to get more investors in. Smart move to raise more money riding on the surging wave of retail trading.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 9:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
Airlines and industrials have been rising on code for the past 2 weeks or thereabouts. Think it's a good time to get in a position for the release of the vaccine?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2020
Yeah I was thinking the same.
Got $BA, $AAL, $SAVE on my watch list
afroxyz:
Airlines and industrials have been rising on code for the past 2 weeks or thereabouts. Think it's a good time to get in a position for the release of the vaccine?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2020
Finally offload THC today for a very nice profit. I swung 500shares on July 10 when the price was $16.84 and sold today for 29.34. Patients is the best

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2020
How una dey find all this stocks o cry.

Jotrade:
Finally offload THC today for a very nice profit. I swung 500shares on July 10 when the price was $16.84 and sold today for 29.34. Patients is the best

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
Patients
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2020
Skymoore1004:

Hmm
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
afroxyz:

An Bezos be chief copy cat na grin

No be me talk am ooh grin grin grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
afroxyz:

I think these CEOs are ahead of Wall Street on this. While those punks in suits are blaming RobinHood and retail traders for uncharacteristic market movements, I think these guys have realized that a lot of people want to own their stock but see them as expensive so they split shares to get more investors in. Smart move to raise more money riding on the surging wave of retail trading.

Exactly.
These street smart guys don't care about the conventional suit and briefcase CEO pattern.

They've always been thinking outside the box and ahead, coming up with disruptive approach to doing business and getting outstanding results in the process.
Results is what the market is interested in, and that's where the money goes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (427) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.