Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (606188 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (428) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seakomol: 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
Thank you @Oakpearl for pointing us to OSTK. I had intended to hold for the long haul, but i fell my hand last week when the price started to fall but i must confess i had a good run. I entered at $14 and got out at $89. Waiting for a pull back so i can enter again. It is actually a stock to own.

YerYer:
FOMOed back into Overstock (OSTK). Wayfair (W) another online retailer of home goods has a market cap of over $31B while Overstock is just $5.3B. As we all know, many people are using this period to refurnish their homes hence the reason why online home goods retailers like Wayfair (W) and William Sonoma (WSM) have been on a tear. If you've been holding this stock since Oakpearl recommended it, congrats, I got out at $90. Plan to dollar cost average my position if it drops to $90.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 4Play(m): 9:01pm On Aug 19, 2020
Has anyone looked at MercadoLibre (MELI)? It's a strong e-commerce company in Argentina and one can think of it as the Amazon of Latin America.

It has already enjoyed strong price appreciation this year - 109% year to date - so pullback or consolidation is probable in the short run but it's a stock that seems to offer a lot of future growth.

MercadoLibre, Inc. operates online commerce platforms in Latin America. It operates MercadoLibre Marketplace, an automated online commerce platform that enables businesses and individuals to list merchandise and conduct sales and purchases online; and MercadoPago FinTech, a financial technology solution platform, which facilitates transactions on and off its marketplaces by providing a mechanism that allows its users to send and receive payments online, and allows merchants to process transactions via their Websites and mobile apps, as well as in their brick-and-mortar stores through QR and mobile points of sale.

https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/meli/
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bumiite: 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
InaNla:
God will not shame us.

@OvaSabi1
@YerYer
@OakPearl
@Skymoore1004
@All

You guys cannot afford to go to sleep and abandon the ship oooo. embarassed

It may interest you all to know that I have paid services of Motleyfool, Marketbeat, & Zacks but since I started reading commentaries and recommendations of the bosses/active players here, I am over 58.89% better off.

Your daily / weekly / or spontaneous post on stocks direction are well appreciated. I am always glue to the thread.

Kindly do not be silent.

Wishing us all the best...

Hello House,

Good job to everyone contributing positively and wonderfully on this thread.

Please, I noticed so many platforms (trove, bamboo, chaka,..)were announced and new ones came up(trading 212) each one with there advantages and disadvantages. Which one are you guys stucked to presently? Because some were later condemned by others due to one reason or the other (don't know if all is fine now)

This will help me make the right decision.
Thanks in anticipation.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Johnpaul1099: 10:58am On Aug 20, 2020
Good day house

Please is Momenta a good buy at current price?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by horlajide: 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2020
___
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bulespephilo(m): 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
papiforreal:

Hi,
Did you finally get it to work?
They rejected my gtb and uba africard too
Nah, had to open an account with zenith bank. That's what I've been using.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2020
Bumiite:

Hello House,

Good job to everyone contributing positively and wonderfully on this thread.

Please, I noticed so many platforms (trove, bamboo, chaka,..)were announced and new ones came up(trading 212) each one with there advantages and disadvantages. Which one are you guys stucked to presently? Because some were later condemned by others due to one reason or the other (don't know if all is fine now)

This will help me make the right decision.
Thanks in anticipation.

Do your international passport and register for trading 212.
Thank me later
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Arizona042: 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
Penboy:

Thank me later

I learnt that FXTM is also commision free. I hope someone can confirm this

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Ibrahim505(m): 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Arizona042:

I learnt that FXTM is also commision free. I hope someone can confirm this
I don't believe you can own company shares with fxtm, you only have the privilege to trade the stock derivatives which is much more volatile and riskier.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
Ibrahim505:
I don't believe you can own company shares with fxtm, you only have the privilege to trade the stock derivatives which is much more volatile and riskier.

Very true
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ogunjyde2004(m): 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
you have stocks/shares but you cannot find any documents or certificates relating to them. I can help you to carryout search on such stocks and revalidat any bonus/dividends accrued to them over the period of time.
you can reach me on o.paul@integratedtrustng.com or ogunjyde2004@yahoo.com
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bumiite: 7:50pm On Aug 20, 2020
Penboy:

Thank me later

Thanks for your response.
Getting an international passport this time is the issue.

Does it mean Trove, Bamboo, Chaka are not valid again?

Please, anyone still using anyone of them should please give a confirmation if I can go ahead to sign-up.

Thanks house.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by proprp: 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
I recently signed up to all 3 platforms because I was looking into buying Nigerian companies stocks. I will suggest you do same and decide on which would be your main platform.

Bumiite:

Thanks for your response.
Getting an international passport this time is the issue.

Does it mean Trove, Bamboo, Chaka are not valid again?

Please, anyone still using anyone of them should please give a confirmation if I can go ahead to sign-up.

Thanks house.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2020
bulespephilo:

And can you send and receive money with it?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
bulespephilo:

They've finally accepted my Afri visa card too, but I cannot see option to send payment
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 12:03am On Aug 21, 2020
ViVaMadrid:

Keep an eye on $GEVO (Gevo Inc) currently at $0.59. The COVID-19 pandemic hit this company hard in the first quarter. With business opening back up that run back to $2-$3 is on the cards

If you were still holding that you’ll be rich now lol 300%
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 12:13am On Aug 21, 2020
Let God do it for me on $TAT.
I don hold tire cry
ebuka1997:

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by needful: 2:25am On Aug 21, 2020
Am a ghost reader who only read chats and arguments here, i usually do not contribute because i trade only canadian stocks. If you are here and interested in trading canadian stocks, u may wanna check out; Toronto Dominion bank, Bank of Nova scotia, Suncor energy, Telus, canadian utility and Royal bank of Canada. These are good sound dividend stocks. Pls do your do diligence.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bulespephilo(m): 7:41am On Aug 21, 2020
papiforreal:

And can you send and receive money with it?
Yes. Seamlessly, except when there's a general network issue.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bulespephilo(m): 7:45am On Aug 21, 2020
papiforreal:

They've finally accepted my Afri visa card too, but I cannot see option to send payment
To fund your account, you'll do that via T212. Click on 'deposit funds', then choose googlepay on 'payment options', then input the amount and process.
Make sure to use a computer. Let your email be active too.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sircatherine45(m): 9:22am On Aug 21, 2020
needful:
Am a ghost reader who only read chats and arguments here, i usually do not contribute because i trade only canadian stocks. If you are here and interested in trading canadian stocks, u may wanna check out; Toronto Dominion bank, Bank of Nova scotia, Suncor energy, Telus, canadian utility and Royal bank of Canada. These are good sound dividend stocks. Pls do your do diligence.

Nice one!
Please give us updates on Canadian stocks and dividends.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alaska90(m): 9:51am On Aug 21, 2020
ebuka1997:

But the price is down now at pre -market...
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 10:02am On Aug 21, 2020
It was up yesterday.
If you bought at that 0.5 price, you’d have made thousands yesterday on a high quantity.
Alaska90:

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 11:42am On Aug 21, 2020
Alaska90:

Yeah once these sort of stocks rise, it’s a sell immediately. They released an offering, I wonder why anyone would hold penny stocks overnight ?? these robinhooders are crying right now

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alaska90(m): 11:59am On Aug 21, 2020
ebuka1997:

Yeah once these sort of stocks rise, it’s a sell immediately. They released an offering, I wonder why anyone would hold penny stocks overnight ?? these robinhooders are crying right now

So you mean that with the new offering and new deal below this stock is stay away for now right?

Price now 1.33 pre-market

Gevo to raise $50M in direct offering

Gevo (NASDAQ:GEVO) inks agreements with institutional investors for the sale of 38,461,545 common shares at a purchase price of $1.30/share in a registered direct offering priced at-the-market, for expected gross proceeds of ~$50M.

Net proceeds will be used for working capital and general corporate purposes.

Closing date is August 25.

GEVO gained 64.5% in yesterday's morning session after announcing the Trafigura deal. The agreement will lift the combined revenues from its long-term contracts to more than $1.5B.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
Wow wow wow...
Being away from this tread is sooo becoming like fish out of water.
I have read through arguments for and against long/ETF and short term strategies.
Without letting it drag further, I will say there are no right or wrong strategies as along the line, you lose and make money doing both.
As long as your strategy serves you profits in the long run, you are in good business.
No one is barred from sharing their views and opinions or strategies on this tread as we are multifaceted in our investment temperaments and risk tolerance.
Thank goodness the matter has been put to bed.
So we move, focusing our energy on why we are here.
Well done to all the contributors and advocates.
Let's continue to sharpen each other as we glean from each other's reservoir of knowledge.

I can see the narrative changing from "We must make money this year" to "We are making money this year"! grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2020
Alaska90:

So you mean that with the new offering and new deal below this stock is stay away for now right?

Price now 1.33 pre-market

Gevo to raise $50M in direct offering

Gevo (NASDAQ:GEVO) inks agreements with institutional investors for the sale of 38,461,545 common shares at a purchase price of $1.30/share in a registered direct offering priced at-the-market, for expected gross proceeds of ~$50M.

Net proceeds will be used for working capital and general corporate purposes.

Closing date is August 25.

GEVO gained 64.5% in yesterday's morning session after announcing the Trafigura deal. The agreement will lift the combined revenues from its long-term contracts to more than $1.5B.

Wait for a full pull back. Entry 0.88 .

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
What a week full of so much money making history!

Apple became the biggest company in the world with a $2 trillion market capitalisation! shocked

Beyond our conservative expecation, Tesla rockets past a historic $2,000/share as the qualification date for the stock split approaches less than 24hrs to go! cool

Congratulations to all who paid attention to our views and recommendations on these two stock splits.
More wins to all the winning winners.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2020
Market Update For Today

Deere (DE) – The heavy equipment maker reported quarterly earnings of $2.57 per share, well above the consensus estimate of $1.26 a share. Revenue also came in above Wall Street forecasts and Deere raised its full-year outlook, although it said many uncertainties remain regarding the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on its business.

The Buckle (BKE) – The accessories and footwear retailer earned 71 cents per share for the second quarter, well above the 6 cents a share consensus estimate. Revenue also beat forecasts. Results were hurt by store closures, but the company’s online sales nearly doubled during the quarter.

Pfizer (PFE), BioNTech (BNTX) – Pfizer and partner BioNTech said regulatory review for their Covid-19 vaccine candidate could come as early as October. The drugmakers say their ongoing studies are showing promising safety and immune response data.

Tesla (TSLA) – Tesla remains on watch after exceeding $2,000 per share for the first time on Thursday. The automaker’s shares are up 40% in August, and has nearly quintupled in value this year. Today is the “record” date for Tesla’s 5-for-1 stock split, with split-adjusted trading set to begin Aug. 31.

Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE) – The drugmaker bought gene-encoded therapeutics company SmartPharm for $19.4 million in stock. Sorrento said the acquisition will help it build a pipeline of gene-encoded therapeutic antibodies, starting with treatments for cancer and Covid-19.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2020
Today is the split day?
OakPearl:
Market Update For Today

Deere (DE) – The heavy equipment maker reported quarterly earnings of $2.57 per share, well above the consensus estimate of $1.26 a share. Revenue also came in above Wall Street forecasts and Deere raised its full-year outlook, although it said many uncertainties remain regarding the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on its business.

The Buckle (BKE) – The accessories and footwear retailer earned 71 cents per share for the second quarter, well above the 6 cents a share consensus estimate. Revenue also beat forecasts. Results were hurt by store closures, but the company’s online sales nearly doubled during the quarter.

Pfizer (PFE), BioNTech (BNTX) – Pfizer and partner BioNTech said regulatory review for their Covid-19 vaccine candidate could come as early as October. The drugmakers say their ongoing studies are showing promising safety and immune response data.

Tesla (TSLA) – Tesla remains on watch after exceeding $2,000 per share for the first time on Thursday. The automaker’s shares are up 40% in August, and has nearly quintupled in value this year. Today is the “record” date for Tesla’s 5-for-1 stock split, with split-adjusted trading set to begin Aug. 31.

Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE) – The drugmaker bought gene-encoded therapeutics company SmartPharm for $19.4 million in stock. Sorrento said the acquisition will help it build a pipeline of gene-encoded therapeutic antibodies, starting with treatments for cancer and Covid-19.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by megamart247(m): 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
Gurus in the house
Trading 212 and Etoro which is preferable?

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2020
OakPearl:
What a week full of so much money making history!

Apple became the biggest company in the world with a $2 trillion market capitalisation! shocked

Beyond our conservative expecation, Tesla rockets past a historic $2,000/share as the qualification date for the stock split approaches less than 24hrs to go! cool

Congratulations to all who paid attention to our views and recommendations on these two stock splits.
More wins to all the winning winners.

God bless all contributors for the directions...

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (428) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.