Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (605713 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (427) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Emmanuel950(m): 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2020
DexterousOne:

Yea
I see
That's good for you
Quick tip, I swing trade and I am very careful with the stocks I pick. I've had my share of failure with my strategy especially if I need urgent 2k and I have to sell when my picks are down.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Emmanuel950(m): 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
On page 185, I shared one of my stock picks. AEM. It was trading at 64 as at that time. Now it's at 69. For some stocks, I don't hold up to 10% for others, I do. Profit is profit no matter how small.

2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Emmanuel950(m): 10:38pm On Dec 02, 2020
codeME:

Most people now use Trading 212 as they are better off all Trove, Chaka and Bamboo.
if you don't want the fees, T212 is good. If you don't mind low fees, try Chaka and Trove. Chakas app is buggy.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lizzlix(m): 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2020
Off topic

Please who knows a way that i can fund my dollar account. Let's say like 2 dollars? It's a new account so I just want to do some testing with it
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 11:03pm On Dec 02, 2020
Emmanuel950:
On page 185, I shared one of my stock picks. AEM. It was trading at 64 as at that time. Now it's at 69. For some stocks, I don't hold up to 10% for others, I do. Profit is profit no matter how small.

is it a single stock?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 02, 2020
Was anyone with an expired passport able to open t212 successfully?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 7footre(m): 5:25am On Dec 03, 2020
enibal:
Please what is the best way to deposit funds in bamboo? I have a usd card but the charges are too much

Bank transfer is what I use
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kemicalreact: 6:14am On Dec 03, 2020
PuristForest:

Yes nigerian...if no other person here got this then e be like na the usd card dey cause the wahala...i checked the ngn funded etoro account and no notifications......will have to revert back to that one and close the other. funding with the ngn cards can be a pita, please can someone explain which bank cards work for these brokers...
smiley
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:18am On Dec 03, 2020
jajeri3216:
Was anyone with an expired passport able to open t212 successfully?

But, bros, an expired document is an expired document, and it'll be illegal to use it for anything.
Make we try small help the image of this country nah; the country already has a very bad international image...no thanks to our cyber criminals.
It's becoming very difficult now to do any international online registration with a Nigerian passport.

Once they start seeing expired passports now being uploaded by Nigerians, that will be interpreted seriously and it'll become another issue.
And as usual, we will sentimentally term it 'racism'.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:31am On Dec 03, 2020
Today is cannabis day.
Cannabis is officially a medicine.

ACB $10.92, SNDL $0.80, APHA $8.29, and HEXO $1.17 will make people some very cool quick box in the shortest possible term (today).

But to take an assured position for the mid to long term benefits in a fundamentally sound pot stock, jejely begin to collect CGC, TLRY, etc.

Who says you can't chop from both sides of your mouth? cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nothiiiing: 8:06am On Dec 03, 2020
Please is Nimc a valid documents to open any of these accounts...
TROVE BAMBOO CHAKA
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 03, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

But, bros, an expired document is an expired document, and it'll be illegal to use it for anything.
Make we try small help the image of this country nah; the country already has a very bad international image...no thanks to our cyber criminals.
It's becoming very difficult now to do any international online registration with a Nigerian passport.

Once they start seeing expired passports now being uploaded by Nigerians, that will be interpreted seriously and it'll become another issue.
And as usual, we will sentimentally term it 'racism'.

An expired passport is not an illigal document, many institutions accept it in the west.

In this instance the passport is not even expired, but has less than 2 weeks validity as i was told.

So I was wondering if anyone had the same issue.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sugah: 9:18am On Dec 03, 2020
jajeri3216:

An expired passport is not an illigal document, many institutions accept it in the west.

In this instance the passport is not even expired, but has less than 2 weeks validity as i was told.

So I was wondering if anyone had the same issue.

If the passport has 2 weeks validity then its still valid. Abi whats the confusion?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 03, 2020
sugah:

If the passport has 2 weeks validity then its still valid. Abi whats the confusion?

It has less than two weeks validity. I think you've just solved the mystery.

It's not stated on their website though.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
I said I will post trade alerts and whatnot from my subscription of Jim Cramer's thestreet.com newsletter. One of his authors is warning that a correction in NIO is imminent. He also determined this using the on balance volume, MACD and moving averages. He has been wrong on the stock before, he called for the top back in September but the stock has doubled since then. He admitted to being wrong but still feels like a correction is near.

I have a small position in NIO in my long term account
and I don't really plan on selling. Trump has threatened to delist Chinese companies from U.S stock exchanges which has increased the sell pressure on several Chinese stocks. Unlike many other Chinese companies, NIO is audited by PWC, a reputable international accounting firm, so their book is transparent and they might avoid delisting. However, investors might panic sell which may cause a short term dip... plus just because they are transparent doesn't mean they will break rules imposed by China. Heck, Jack Ma's ANT IPO has been put on hold because he ruffled some feathers at he People's Bank of China.

Like always, long term investors can hold for years without shaking but short term investors can set stop sell orders for protection.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
OakPearl:
Today is cannabis day.
Cannabis is officially a medicine.

ACB $10.92, SNDL $0.80, APHA $8.29, and HEXO $1.17 will make people some very cool quick box in the shortest possible term (today).

But to take an assured position for the mid to long term benefits in a fundamentally sound pot stock, jejely begin to collect CGC, TLRY, etc.

Who says you can't chop from both sides of your mouth? cheesy
oga dey drop update,nice one
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebenezer880(m): 1:32pm On Dec 03, 2020
Am unable to fund my trove account... Am not receiving OTP
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
posty56:
oga dey drop update,nice one

Day traders, long time no see. grin
Here's for you to find your way in and out today for a good profit.

EVK - 2.10
LIZI - $2.42
WDR - $17.01
NSCO - $4.41

You are the CEO of your trading account.
Good luck.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2020
OakPearl:

EVK - 2.10
LIZI - $2.42
WDR - $17.01
NSCO - $4.41

Good luck.

These one's don gap na , potential bags grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
ebenezer880:

Does it now require otp for funding?
I do direct transfer and haven't had any issue with that so far.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
YerYer:
I said I will post trade alerts and whatnot from my subscription of Jim Cramer's thestreet.com newsletter. One of his authors is warning that a correction in NIO is imminent. He also determined this using the on balance volume, MACD and moving averages. He has been wrong on the stock before, he called for the top back in September but the stock has doubled since then. He admitted to being wrong but still feels like a correction is near.

I have a small position in NIO in my long term account
and I don't really plan on selling. Trump has threatened to delist Chinese companies from U.S stock exchanges which has increased the sell pressure on several Chinese stocks. Unlike many other Chinese companies, NIO is audited by PWC, a reputable international accounting firm, so their book is transparent and they might avoid delisting. However, investors might panic sell which may cause a short term dip... plus just because they are transparent doesn't mean they will break rules imposed by China. Heck, Jack Ma's ANT IPO has been put on hold because he ruffled some feathers at he People's Bank of China.

Like always, long term investors can hold for years without shaking but short term investors can set stop sell orders for protection.

Hasn't NIO taken some corrections already?
Abi the guy wants it to hit $1?

Meanwhile, as for the delisting, it doesn't have anything to do with Trump specifically.
Both the house of Reps and Senate have passed the bill, and planning to pass it forward to Trump for signing into law, just like any other bill.
Companies will be given 3yrs to comply with the new law or be delisted thereafter.

However, I'll be waiting for people to ignorantly panic sell today so I can buy cheaper.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ggoldmine: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
Hey Oakpearl. The funny thing is that these stocks already make their most moves premarket, making it difficult to enter during open market. How do you time your entry?
OakPearl:

EVK - 2.10
LIZI - $2.42
WDR - $17.01
NSCO - $4.41

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by NIKEDEEDS(m): 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
OakPearl:

EVK - 2.10
LIZI - $2.42
WDR - $17.01
NSCO - $4.41

Good luck.

Isearched for how to buy EVK at premarket price on trading 212 but didn't see any option for that.

Is it possible to buys stock at pre market price on trading 212?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nothiiiing: 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2020
ebenezer880:

I didn't receive OTP either.....
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2020
NIKEDEEDS:

Isearched for how to buy EVK at premarket price on trading 212 but didn't see any option for that.

Is it possible to buys stock at pre market price on trading 212?

Why not buy the day before. Pre market is mostly for institutional investors
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2020
jajeri3216:

These one's don gap na , potential bags grin

Yes dem don gap.
Way still dey to play dem.
Risky though.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2020
OakPearl:

Yes dem don gap.
Way still dey to play dem.
Risky though.

Thanks brother, i actually took the trade (Evk)and it worked out well.

Inform us earlier oh. Na God we take beg una grin

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:13pm On Dec 03, 2020
ggoldmine:
Hey Oakpearl. The funny thing is that these stocks already make their most moves premarket, making it difficult to enter during open market. How do you time your entry?

Takes a lot of tact to time an entry.
From experience, a very close monitoring of price movement is done in the early hours of trading to buy the first dip.

Immediately first dip is bought, you prepare for your exit with a sell limit or you keep watching to bail out at a reasonable rise from first dip.

The above can happen in a few minutes or hours.
In rare occasions, those with much gas in them continue on a run even the next day.
But to avoid stories that touch, you bank your profits same day.
#LifeOfADayTrader.

Another thing I have noticed from experience is that some of these stocks are favourites of market makers.
They tend to gap up again after cooling off from a recent rally, so these MM's get to buy and sell same stocks several times over and make lots of money.
Two stocks are already showing signs of embarking on a second round journey upwards after cooling off from a recent rally: $FCEL $7.44 and FTEK $4.16

If you can't stomach the suspense/risk, you can settle for swing trading.
This requires diligent search for value stocks and holding for short to mid term gains before selling off. In a space of 2 weeks - 3months, you can swing in some wonderful profits with good timing.
Consider these swing options for this month of December: HPR $10.57, BSET $18.26, BZH $15.43 and ironically, WDR $25.55 that has gained about 50% today is in this category. I think it still has more gas to go.

Sorry for the long post house.
It is not in my character.
Make I come dey go.cheesy

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 9:35pm On Dec 03, 2020
OakPearl:

EVK - 2.10
LIZI - $2.42
WDR - $17.01
NSCO - $4.41

Good luck.
thaks,but I don't know why most investor condemn penny stocks? and also where can I find good penny stocks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 10:38pm On Dec 03, 2020
OakPearl:

Takes a lot of tact to time an entry.
From experience, a very close monitoring of price movement is done in the early hours of trading to buy the first dip.

Immediately first dip is bought, you prepare for your exit with a sell limit or you keep watching to bail out at a reasonable rise from first dip.

The above can happen in a few minutes or hours.
In rare occasions, those with much gas in them continue on a run even the next day.
But to avoid stories that touch, you bank your profits same day.
#LifeOfADayTrader.

Another thing I have noticed from experience is that some of these stocks are favourites of market makers.
They tend to gap up again after cooling off from a recent rally, so these MM's get to buy and sell same stocks several times over and make lots of money.
Two stocks are already showing signs of embarking on a second round journey upwards after cooling off from a recent rally: $FCEL $7.44 and FTEK $4.16

If you can't stomach the suspense/risk, you can settle for swing trading.
This requires diligent search for value stocks and holding for short to mid term gains before selling off. In a space of 2 weeks - 3months, you can swing in some wonderful profits with good timing.
Consider these swing options for this month of December: HPR $10.57, BSET $18.26, BZH $15.43 and ironically, WDR $25.55 that has gained about 50% today is in this category. I think it still has more gas to go.

Sorry for the long post house.
It is not in my character.
Make I come dey go.cheesy

You are right. I did these with Blackberry in the last two days. Its off steam now.
What does california stay at home order mean for Tesla?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 11:17pm On Dec 03, 2020
nothiiiing:
Please is Nimc a valid documents to open any of these accounts...

TROVE
BAMBOO
CHAKA
well I Know for only trove I don't know for the other two,and if you use nimc slip in trove you won't have to post your utility bill good luck
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by nothiiiing: 12:00am On Dec 04, 2020
posty56:
well I Know for only trove I don't know for the other two,and if you use nimc slip in trove you won't have to post your utility bill good luck

Thank you very much...
I really appreciate it

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (427) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.