Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,414 members, 7,800,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (605794 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (427) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by benedictuyi(m): 7:20am On Jan 14, 2021
awesomershal:
Hello everyone, I tried registering on 212 but it's requesting for an ID which I don't have.
Can I use that of a family member.
Please replies
How can you use someone else's ID. If you don't have an ID, sign up with Passfolio instead. All you'll need is your BVN

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 8:48am On Jan 14, 2021
Withdrawing on Trading 212 is not as sweet as it sounds. They usually send funds back to the deposit method you have used (with a preference for card and Skrill).

So if you funded $200 with a Nigerian card, you can only withdraw back to the Nigerian card, and guess what? it would be at 380/$ no matter what rate you funded. This sole reason is why I'm not going in fully on T212.

Once there's an option to get my withdrawal processed to my dorm as USD, then it will be my most preferred stocks app.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by benedictuyi(m): 9:20am On Jan 14, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:
Withdrawing on Trading 212 is not as sweet as it sounds. They usually send funds back to the deposit method you have used (with a preference for card and Skrill).

So if you funded $200 with a Nigerian card, you can only withdraw back to the Nigerian card, and guess what? it would be at 380/$ no matter what rate you funded. This sole reason is why I'm not going in fully on T212.

Once there's an option to get my withdrawal processed to my dorm as USD, then it will be my most preferred stocks app.
Thanks for putting this out

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 9:27am On Jan 14, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

I don't mean to deviate but who here uses Binance? What exchange rate do they use when you withdraw?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Phraences: 9:30am On Jan 14, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

People need to consider ease of withdrawal when selecting Apps. I think Passfolio, Trove, Chala, Bamboo can transfer directly to your Nigerian bank account. I had an issue with one foreign stock broker one time. I lost the card used in depositing and they asked that i had to get a letter from my bank. Till date i have not gotten the letter.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bastardson: 9:44am On Jan 14, 2021
Phraences:

People need to consider ease of withdrawal when selecting Apps. I think Passfolio, Trove, Chala, Bamboo can transfer directly to your Nigerian bank account. I had an issue with one foreign stock broker one time. I lost the card used in depositing and they asked that i had to get a letter from my bank. Till date i have not gotten the letter.

Wow, this is a real issue... Also, does Passfolio have as many stocks as T212.. I am trying to complete my registration process with T212.. Trying to be careful.

What if I open a Dorm account? And I load from there, will I also be paid into the Dorm account?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bastardson: 10:32am On Jan 14, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

Sent you a PM bro

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 10:33am On Jan 14, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

Dear All,

Please note that if you fund T212 with USD dominated card, you get back your fund in USD.

If NGN card, your bank does the FX conversion at the current official rates.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 10:34am On Jan 14, 2021
bastardson:
Wow, this is a real issue... Also, does Passfolio have as many stocks as T212.. I am trying to complete my registration process with T212.. Trying to be careful.

What if I open a Dorm account? And I load from there, will I also be paid into the Dorm account?

YES! Into your USD card.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bastardson: 11:01am On Jan 14, 2021
InaNla:

YES! Into your USD card.
Thanks for your kind response.. Will the Barter US Dolls Virtual Card be good enough?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by benedictuyi(m): 11:02am On Jan 14, 2021
InaNla:

Dear All,

Please note that if you fund T212 with USD dominated card, you get back your fund in USD.

Thanks for clarification

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Localemperor: 11:18am On Jan 14, 2021
Oga them, abeg make una no forget daily traders like us oo... those penny stocks go make sense abeg

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Willmichael(m): 11:51am On Jan 14, 2021
Sweetmia37:
Please can someone recommend a very good stock to keep for medium to long term for me?
Thanks in advance!

Check out fuboTV and veritone
Nokia too

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Willmichael(m): 11:53am On Jan 14, 2021
NgHotGirls:
"The best time to buy an asset is when no one’s talking about it; the worst time to buy is when everyone’s talking about it."

Also, buy high, sell higher

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2021
bastardson:
Thanks for your kind response.. Will the Barter US Dolls Virtual Card be good enough?

I will check out that card and reverts...

It seems you can fund with the card... the return legs is what I can't confirm in case Barter will not be in operations in years to come when you want to withdraw.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kzdguru: 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2021
InaNla:

Dear All,

T212 seems not cheap to operate, considering the charges from banks on your Dom account when you transfer.

Another 0.7% charges when you exceed $2,000

So much accounting to be done, otherwise losses are bound from many quarters

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
Kzdguru:

T212 seems not cheap to operate, considering the charges from banks on your Dom account when you transfer.

We have lots of other FINTECH in Nigeria for same trading... Bamboo, Trove, Chaka, Passfolio etc.

You may wish to check them out one after the other...

To the best of my knowledge is absolutely FREE to deposit fund on T212 and you only get charged 0.7% after you cross $2,000. Check all platforms out and decide.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Localemperor: 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2021
Pls who can explain why my dollars kept on increasing even though I did not trade any stock??

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2021
OvaSabi1:

I don't mean to deviate but who here uses Binance? What exchange rate do they use when you withdraw?

You sell to naira at the prevailing rate on their platform and this is actually close to USD/NGN rate on the street. Then you withdraw to your account with a fee of NGN150

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 1:27pm On Jan 14, 2021
Localemperor:
Pls who can explain why my dollars kept on increasing even though I did not trade any stock??

It means the value of the stocks you bought was increasing, your stocks/portfolio appreciated. It can also go the other way.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2021
Kzdguru:

If you want to use hard currency, do it it through G-p-a-y by linking your gmail address with your card on a computer. Note, that will be your withdrawal route too.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bastardson: 1:35pm On Jan 14, 2021
1kinggy:

If you want to use hard currency, do it it through G-p-a-y by linking your gmail address with your card on a computer. Note, that will be your withdrawal route too.
Can it work on IOS?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Localemperor: 1:35pm On Jan 14, 2021
1kinggy:

It means the value of the stocks you bought was increasing, your stocks/portfolio appreciated. It can also go the other way.
That is the problem, I did not buy any stock.. I just registered the account and about to start trading after converting some naira to dollar.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bastardson: 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
InaNla:

We have lots of other FINTECH in Nigeria for same trading... Bamboo, Trove, Chaka, Passfolio etc.

You may wish to check them out one after the other...

To the best of my knowledge is absolutely FREE to deposit fund on T212 and you only get charged 0.7% after you cross $2,000. Check all platforms out and decide.

I sent you a PM please

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bastardson: 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2021
Localemperor:
That is the problem, I did not buy any stock.. I just registered the account and about to start trading after converting some naira to dollar.. I swear the stuff they fear me, make DSS no come carry person say na thief I be oo( am talking about 1200% increase I swear)
Which of the trading platforms ?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Localemperor: 1:41pm On Jan 14, 2021
bastardson:
Which of the trading platforms ?
BamBo

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by smitten99: 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2021
People should be careful on what they read here. Some are here to de-market and market their apps.

Sending or withdrawing from Trading 212 is straight forward.

If you fund your account with Naira card only your withdrawal options will be the naira card. If you use multiple cards to fund u will see them to choose from. I have multiple naira and usd cards and the options of which card you want money sent to is displayed when u want to withdraw.

Our local Fintechs are expensive and their app are rather clunky. The most annoying is they dont have most of the juicy stocks as such u miss out. With what happened with Chaka this should be an eye opener for all those using them.

@oakpearl baba show your boiz how to finish, i know how to use finwiz. So after getting a list of whats displayed next steps guidance is what is needed

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OvaSabi1(f): 1:47pm On Jan 14, 2021
1kinggy:

You sell to naira at the prevailing rate on their platform and this is actually close to USD/NGN rate on the street. Then you withdraw to your account with a fee of NGN150

Thanks very much, God bless

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by InaNla(f): 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2021
smitten99:
People should be careful on what they read here. Some are here to de-market and market their apps.

If you fund your account with Naira card only your withdrawal options will be the naira card. If you use multiple cards to fund u will see them to choose from. I have multiple naira and usd cards and the options of which card you want money sent to is displayed when u want to withdraw.

Our local Fintechs are expensive and their app are rather clunky. The most annoying is they dont have most of the juicy stocks as such u miss out. With what happened with Chaka this should be an eye opener for all those using them.

@oakpearl baba show your boiz how to finish, i know how to use finwiz. So after getting a list of whats displayed next steps guidance is what is needed

We should not de-market our OWN FINTECH in Nigeria please. I dont use any thou.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by devfolorunso: 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2021
smitten99:

You deserve a chill bear man

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

Wait.. Can't you use your dorm account to fund trading 212?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2021
Localemperor:
That is the problem, I did not buy any stock.. I just registered the account and about to start trading after converting some naira to dollar.

That's interesting. Maybe the conversion rate changed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (427) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: tjones007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.