Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (608780 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (429) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Agent95(m): 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2021
Good day folks.

Firstly Is Etoro shit? Their app reviews on Google playstore are not great.

Secondly is Choicetrade or Trading212 the best solution for options trading from Nigeria

Or is there another?

Thanks in addy! Appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by KennedyOkpara(m): 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2021
[quote author=OakPearl post=98725599]A beautiful morning to you all great people of this forum.
Am glad to inform us that exactly a year ago on 4th February 2020, this thread was launched.

Wow...we are one year old today! shocked shocked shocked

Am so glad to see that we can all come together to share wealth creation ideas and knowledge on investing in the US stock market in harmony.
By this simple act, I can tell you, we have a power that cannot be taken from us: power to make wealth.

One year down the line, we may have made some losses, but as much as those can better be taken as lessons never to be repeated on our journey to financial freedom, we sure have made gains helping each other.

Special thanks to all our relentless resource persons here (you know yourselves grin ) who have been here sacrificially sharing information for the good of mankind.

thank

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by stokfrick: 1:02am On Feb 07, 2021
benedictuyi:

Regarding payment, it's done via bank transfer. No card payment option. It takes at most 2 business days to reflect. Only person I can remember complaining about withdrawal issues, she was duly compensated by passfolio.

Regarding buying/selling, when you're converting currency, there's spread. The rate at which you buy is not the same as the rate at which you sell.
With passfolio, you buy at 484/usd and sell at 475/usd. All Nigerian brokers have such spread. Also, if you choose to avoid spread, you can deposit and withdraw via a domiciliary account. However, I think withdrawal fee is pegged at 35usd.
I started using them last month

Pls Have you tried cancelling any of your orders after placing them.
Is it possible to cancell orders so as to make price readjustment
Have you tried placing buy/sell limit orders ( i heard they charge for placing limit orders)

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kemicalreact: 1:22am On Feb 07, 2021
stokfrick:

Pls Have you tried cancelling any of your orders after placing them.
Is it possible to cancell orders so as to make price readjustment
Have you tried placing buy/sell limit orders ( i heard they charge for placing limit orders)

You can set buy and sell limits on passfolio for free.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by benedictuyi(m): 3:52am On Feb 07, 2021
yazga:
For day trading !! Per month will be $8.3 that's about =N=5k+. Please let me stick to my Troove abeg
Did you factor the 1% commission for buying/selling on trove?
If you're day trading, that could well be more than 8.3usd per month

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by stokfrick: 4:16am On Feb 07, 2021
kemicalreact:

You can set buy and sell limits on passfolio for free.

You did not answer my question about cancellation of buy or sell orders for price readjustment

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 7:36am On Feb 07, 2021
benedictuyi:

Yes I did. Imagine buying at =N=10,000 that's =N=100 commission making nit a total of =N=10,100.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 7:37am On Feb 07, 2021
Agent95:
Good day folks.

Firstly Is Etoro shit? Their app reviews on Google playstore are not great.

Secondly is Choicetrade or Trading212 the best solution for options trading from Nigeria

Or is there another?

Thanks in addy! Appreciate.
Currently trading212 is no longer accepting new sign ups

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 7:39am On Feb 07, 2021
Expected Upcoming #Biotech News (Note: Subject to Change)

$RGNX RGX-121 Additional Phase 1/2 Data 8-12 Feb 21
$ORTX OTL-203 Phase 1/2 Presentation 9 Feb 21
$GMDA NiCord Phase 3 Presentation 9 Feb 21
$PLX Pegunigalsidase Phase 3 Presentation 10 Feb 21

$INFI $BMY MARIO-275 Phase 2 Data 11 Feb 21
$CLVS RAMP Phase 1B Presentation 11 Feb 21
$AVRO AVR-RD-02 Phase 1/2 Update 11 Feb 21
$INFI $BMY MARIO-275 Phase 2 Data 11 Feb 21

$BTAI tNEPC Phase 2 Update 11 Feb 21
$ABEO ABO-102 Phase 1/2 Presentation 12 Feb 21
$EQ EQ001 Phase 1B Interim Data 12 Feb 21
$DNLI DNL310 Phase 1/2 Presentation 12 Feb 21

$TAK TAK-620 Phase 3 Presentation 12 Feb 21
$KOD KSI-301 Phase 1B Presentation 13 Feb 21

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kemicalreact: 9:08am On Feb 07, 2021
stokfrick:

You did not answer my question about cancellation of buy or sell orders for price readjustment
You mean the order you've already placed at market price?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by benedictuyi(m): 10:25am On Feb 07, 2021
yazga:
Yes I did. Imagine buying at =N=10,000 that's =N=100 commission making nit a total of =N=10,100.
Well, if it's a single stock, and less than N20,000, then it's a good deal.

But in general, with more money and more stocks, the commission will only get bigger

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by layzie86(m): 10:37am On Feb 07, 2021
stokfrick:
So apart from trading 212, are there no other good online foreign brokers that those resident in Nigeria can register with easily?
Trove
Bamboo

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 10:52am On Feb 07, 2021
yazga:
For day trading !! Per month will be $8.3 that's about =N=5k+. Please let me stick to my Troove abeg

If you do more than 5 trades on Bamboo in a month, I think $8.3 is cheaper. Anyways, I don't use pass and I'm thinking of leaving Bamboo too.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 10:54am On Feb 07, 2021
yazga:

Trove
Passfolio
Bamboo
Risevest

RISE is not a trading platform. It's more of an investment and it's even indirect. You drop your money with the company and the company gives a certain percentage at the end of the year. I think the only lure is the capital security.

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 10:59am On Feb 07, 2021
benedictuyi:

You can't even day trade on Nigerian fintechs, you suffer GFV.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by benedictuyi(m): 11:02am On Feb 07, 2021
1kinggy:

RISE is not a trading platform. It's more of an investment and it's even indirect. You drop your money with the company and the company gives a certain percentage at the end of the year. I think the only lure is the capital security.
I doubt there's capital security and the percentage isn't fixed (with the stocks option though).

They have other opportunities such as euro bonds and real estate that provide capital security

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 11:02am On Feb 07, 2021
1kinggy:

You can't even day trade on Nigerian fintechs, you suffer GFV.
very True

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 07, 2021
Jcob:
Please help me o house, can't fund my 212 account using GPay...... The barter virtual card is being rejected.

Tried using Skrill only to discover money deposited via MasterCard won't be available for online payment.

Àny solution?
wallet dot ng

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 11:07am On Feb 07, 2021
Hattbricker:
wallet dot ng
correct

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by stokfrick: 11:34am On Feb 07, 2021
kemicalreact:
You mean the order you've already placed at market price?

No.
I mean the order you placed at limit price(limit buy/sell orders)
Can such orders be cancelled immediately?
Just like we have in trove or chaka?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by stokfrick: 11:35am On Feb 07, 2021
layzie86:

Trove
Bamboo

No.
Trove & bamboo are not foreign platforms to nigerian residents

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kemicalreact: 11:49am On Feb 07, 2021
stokfrick:

No.
I mean the order you placed at limit price(limit buy/sell orders)
Can such orders be cancelled immediately?
Just like we have in trove or chaka?
Looks like you can cancel it immediately smiley

I don't think you can cancel it again if you press the DONE button. I reached to their support concerning this. You can also set to cancel automatically in a day or in 90 days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2021
Trove

Hello Everyone,

One of our partners (Providus Bank) has deactivated bank account numbers it previously issued . They are disabling the feature for every one of their partners. We however are working to ensure a switch to another bank ASAP.

We would keep you posted on developments and when the new numbers for funding becomes available.

In the meantime cards and wire transfers are still available for use in funding your Trove wallets.

Thanks a lot

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jtvinci(m): 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
Hi, I'm Justin, I am extremely new to Stock exchange and shares buying. I have been following this thread for some weeks now and please I would like to ask my first question:
"What are the process or processes to follow when doing due diligence on a stock/share to invest?

I just need a concrete break down as I am already doing due diligence in taking my time to go through this thread and read all comments before embarking on applying my B.Sc. Economics certificate via the US stock exchange market.

I must commend the gurus on this thread, you guys are the real Nigeria Heros, no kidding.
OakPearl:

Very worthy unbiased warning bro.
Reason members are advised to do their due diligence on any recommendation.
Nothing beats the do-it-yourself principle.
Everyone be safe, remain glued to the news and updates and take appropriate actions.
You are the CEO of your portfolio.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bastardson: 2:43pm On Feb 07, 2021
Please how long does it take to load a T212 account with a Stanbic dollar card
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by karferguso(m): 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
bastardson:
Please how long does it take to load a T212 account with a Stanbic dollar card
it's instant. Just use the dollar card via Gpay

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2021
Of all the fintechs in Nigerian piggyvest are the first to switch to wema almost immediately after the providus bank halt.

This means either they knew before hand or the tech team are working round the clock and had emergency plans.
In any case their tech team is good and deserves some credit.

No long explanations of "we will work out a new plan" .... Just gave the customers new virtual accounts before the started asking questions. That is the kind of service we need for our fintechs in Nigerian.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 6:55pm On Feb 07, 2021
So, it's that time of the week again when I get to rant and motivate us all to read our book of the month....

Our selected title for the month is "Rule #1" by Phil toen who is a great money manager in the US...

If there is 1 book that can teach a novice all he or she ever needs to know about investing, this is that book...

If you read this book, you literally don't have to read any other investing book... Its a great book...

*If you read this book and it doesn't change your investing mindset, I owe you 1,000 units of Google stock...*

NB: Terms and conditions apply....

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Willie2015: 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
kemicalreact:
I kind of agree with the profit margin issue, but it has been improving YoY. The earnings and revenue beat the forecast, yet it went down by almost 7 percent that same day

One major positive for the coy is their FCF......
FCF had been +ve for the past 3 quarters in a row......
Coy paused its dividend last year......
so they can produce a positive FCF And increase its cash position.....
Its 2020 FCF performance was 1.356 m Euros.
Q4 2020 FCF was 778 million EUR............................ Note 7 Q4 Results
Which is higher than Q3 2020 of FCF of 319 million EUR....
Dats huge...
Mgt is considering their dividend policy....
And will provide update at Capital Markets Day.
Earning is solid... with abundant free cash flow and rising cash balances...
Dividend anticipation will push price up.

Disc; Hold a long position in Nok

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Faceville: 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
grin Civil Servants: Thank God it's Friday Stock Investors: Thank God it's Monday

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 8:28pm On Feb 07, 2021
An old teacher was being interviewed by a young professional. The professional started interviewing the teacher as planned earlier.

Young professional - "Sir, in your last lecture, you told us about "Contact" and "Connection."
It's really confusing. Can you explain?"

The old teacher smiled and apparently deviating from the question asked the young professional:

"Are you from this city?"

professional : "Yeah..."

Teacher : "Who are there at home?"

The professional felt that the teacher was trying to avoid answering his question since this was a very personal and unwarranted question. Yet the young professional said: "Mother had expired. Father is there. Three brothers and one sister. All married..."

The old teacher, with a smile on his face, asked again: "Do you talk to your father?"

The young professional looked visibly annoyed...

The old teacher : "When did you talk to him last?"

The young professional, supressing his annoyance said: "May be a month ago."

The old teacher : "Do your brothers and sisters meet often? When did you meet last as a family gathering?"

At this point, sweat appeared on the forehead of the young professional.

It seemed that the old teacher was interviewing the young professional.

With a sigh, the Journalist said: "We met last at Eid two years ago."

The old teacher : "How many days did you all stay together?"

The young professional (wiping the sweat on his brow) said: "Three days..."

Old teacher : "How much time did you spend with your Father, sitting right beside him?"

The young professional looking perplexed and embarassed and started scribbling something on a paper...

The old teacher : "Did you have breakfast, lunch or dinner together? Did you ask how he was? Did you ask how his days are passing after your mother's death?"

Drops of tears started to flow from the eyes of the young professional.

*The old teacher held the hand of the young professional and said: "Don't be embrassed, upset or sad. I am sorry if I have hurt you unknowingly... But this is basically the answer to your question about "Contact and Connection ." You have 'Contact' with your father but you don't have 'Connection' with him. You are not connected to him. Connection is between heart and heart...*
*Sitting together, sharing meals and caring for each other, touching, shaking hands, having eye contact, spending some time together... All your brothers and sisters have 'Contact' but no 'Connection' with each other..."*

The young professional wiped his eyes and said : "Thanks Sir for teaching me a fine and unforgettable lesson."

This is the reality today.
Whether at home or in the society everybody has lots of contacts but there is no connection. Everybody is busy in his or her own world. ...

*Let us not maintain just "Contacts" but let us remain "Connected." Caring, Sharing and Spending time with all our dear ones.
It is well with us all

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
yazga:
So, it's that time of the week again when I get to rant and motivate us all to read our book of the month....

Our selected title for the month is "Rule #1" by Phil toen who is a great money manager in the US...

If there is 1 book that can teach a novice all he or she ever needs to know about investing, this is that book...

If you read this book, you literally don't have to read any other investing book... Its a great book...

*If you read this book and it doesn't change your investing mindset, I owe you 1,000 units of Google stock...*

NB: Terms and conditions apply....
Plz what are the terms and conditions let me know if i qualify. I need those Google shares

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (429) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.