Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (609072 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (429) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abuhusna1: 7:03pm On Apr 13, 2020
I wish I can get expert opinion now to sell with 100 dollar gain or wait further on tesla
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 7:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
seyisanya:
Sir, what was your entry price here? cc: YerYer. Thanks.

I don't own NIO at the moment. I sold out in march. If It goes above $3 it may not be a bad entry point.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
abuhusna1:

Just seeing this now so happy and I gained from my tesla

Nice quick gain bro. There was some unusual options activity in the name, someone bought a really large option contract last week while predicting the stock will cross $600 before April 17th and it did. Maybe they are close to making a big announcement or someone has inside information, nobody knows. Rather than sell off, I will suggest you set a stop-limit order around $595, if it crosses that price the sell order will execute. You might lose some of your gains but if it doesn't go that low, you can ride it higher. I'm just saying what I will do if I just made a quick gain.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 7:19pm On Apr 13, 2020
I'm buying Amazon (AMZN). They are hiring about 75,000 people after just hiring 100,000 people last month. In a time when most companies are laying off employees, these guys can't even keep up with the demand. They had suspended sale of non essential items just to focus on really needed merchandise during the coronavirus outbreak but today they just announced that they will be selling non-essential items once again. As more people are stuck at home, they continue to buy everything online even groceries. This is one of my favourite companies of all time. I made $25k profit on this stock alone 2 yrs ago (https://www.nairaland.com/2460429/us-stock-market-even-playing/15). I bought 1 share at $2150 and plan to buy the dips.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abuhusna1: 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
YerYer:

Nice quick gain bro. There was some unusually options activity in the name, someone bought a really large option contract last week while predicting the stock will cross $600 before April 17th and it did. Maybe they are close to making a big announcement or someone has inside information, nobody knows. Rather than sell off, I will suggest you set a stop-limit order around $595, if it crosses that price the sell order will execute. You might lose some of your gains but if it doesn't go that low, you can ride it higher. I'm just saying what I will do if I just made a quick gain.
Thanks for the tip
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
Just bought shares of Fastly (FSLY) @$22.44, I also bought one June 19th call contract with a $20 strike price. This is a highly speculative play.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abuhusna1: 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
YerYer:
I'm buying Amazon (AMZN). They are hiring about 75,000 people after just hiring 100,000 people last month. In a time when most companies are laying off employees, these guys can't even keep up with the demand. They had suspended sale of non essential items just to focus on really needed merchandise during the coronavirus outbreak but today they just announced that they will be selling non-essential items once again. As more people are stuck at home, they continue to buy everything online even groceries. This is one of my favourite companies of all time. I made $25k profit on this stock alone 2 yrs ago (https://www.nairaland.com/2460429/us-stock-market-even-playing/15). I bought 1 share at $2150 and plan to buy the dips.
Honestly this stock and booking.com stock are needed in my portfolio but money no dey
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 7:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
abuhusna1:

Honestly this stock and booking.com stock are needed in my portfolio but money no dey

Forreal, if money dey, na to just buy all the quality names as dem cheap so then hold for long.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 8:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
Drenimarcus recommended Dominoes Pizza (DPZ) here on the thread a couple weeks ago as a benefactor to the coronavirus lockdown, but I didn't buy the stock and it has moved 10% since then. Papa John's (PZZA) another pizza chain announced that they are hiring 20,000 people to fulfil its "no contact" delivery of pizza and other food items. This is another company that cannot keep up with demand and should benefit in a time when traditional restaurants are shutting down. I just bought a few shares at $61.90

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 8:19pm On Apr 13, 2020
abuhusna1:

I entered Tesla at 555
Apple 167
Willing to buy back NIO as China Market is opening up
Nice, you entered before the bull run. Thanks for your response, sir. I appreciate!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
YerYer:

I don't own NIO at the moment. I sold out in march. If It goes above $3 it may not be a bad entry point.
Thanks for the swift response, sir.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Drenimarcus(m): 8:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
YerYer:
Drenimarcus recommended Dominoes Pizza (DPZ) here on the thread a couple weeks ago as a benefactor to the coronavirus lockdown, but I didn't buy the stock and it has moved 10% since then. Papa John's (PZZA) another pizza chain announced that they are hiring 20,000 people to fulfil its "no contact" delivery of pizza and other food items. This is another company that cannot keep up with demand and should benefit in a time when traditional restaurants are shutting down. I just bought a few shares at $61.90

i am buying stocks with my stimuli check

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bengurion1: 10:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
YerYer:

Nice quick gain bro. There was some unusual options activity in the name, someone bought a really large option contract last week while predicting the stock will cross $600 before April 17th and it did. Maybe they are close to making a big announcement or someone has inside information, nobody knows. Rather than sell off, I will suggest you set a stop-limit order around $595, if it crosses that price the sell order will execute. You might lose some of your gains but if it doesn't go that low, you can ride it higher. I'm just saying what I will do if I just made a quick gain.

Please how can someone track option activity?
That is when substantial call and put option contracts are executed.
Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
seyisanya:
Sir, what was your entry price here? cc: YerYer. Thanks.

I had bought and sold it.
Thought I should give myself a valentine gift on 14th Feb and bought at $3.80 but sold at $4.20 on 27th Feb when the market took a dive due to the early signs of corona disruptions then.

But it remains on my watchlist as I see a future in it after this beating it has gone through.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:00am On Apr 14, 2020
abuhusna1:

I entered Tesla at 555
Apple 167
Willing to buy back NIO as China Market is opening up

Your Tesla closed the day at $650.95 raking in a gain of $77.95 today!
Apple closed at $273.25!
I must salute your bravery with regards to your entry prices.
You are on a decent profit bro.
Cool cool
Am surely gonna buy NIO back.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:03am On Apr 14, 2020
YerYer:

Spot on.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:06am On Apr 14, 2020
YerYer:

Forreal, if money dey, na to just buy all the quality names as dem cheap so then hold for long.

Another "fire-proof" strategy that never fails with the adequate provision for patience as long as you play with funds you wouldn't need soon.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abuhusna1: 12:10am On Apr 14, 2020
OakPearl:

Your Tesla closed the day at $650.95 raking in a gain of $77.95 today!
Apple closed at $273.25!
I must salute your bravery with regards to your entry prices.
You are on a decent profit bro.
Cool cool
Am surely gonna buy NIO back.
Thanks boss. I will surely buy NIO back and then it will be for a long term coss electric vehicle is the future of eco friendly cars

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 5:17am On Apr 14, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Lmao. Guy I swear I like your style. I never even file tax yet.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 5:34am On Apr 14, 2020
Bengurion1:

Please how can someone track option activity?
That is when substantial call and put option contracts are executed.
Thanks

I would like to know as well. I know there are subscription services that alert members such as Pete & Jon Najarian Market Rebellion newsletter, but they can be quite expensive. Barchart.com also lists unusual option activities but I don't know if it's listed live or at the end of each trading day. Only thing though, with barchart.com you have to make sure the trade isn't a hedge or a spread. For example if someone bought 4,000 Tesla $600 calls expiring April 17th, you want to look at the option chain to make sure that same person didn't sell say 5,000 Tesla $550 calls expiring on the same April 17th, that will be considered a bearish call spread. I don't know how much you know about options. But basically you want to make sure the ratio of calls to puts for example is greater than 4:1, the volume traded is greater than 4,000 and there should be a significant Open Interest (OI). It's not an exact science and I will also like to know how to use it as a gauge; when I'm chanced I might watch YouTube videos explaining this concept. But for now you can start here https://www.barchart.com/options/unusual-activity/stocks

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 6:17am On Apr 14, 2020
OakPearl:

Another "fire-proof" strategy that never fails with the adequate provision for patience as long as you play with funds you wouldn't need soon.

That is so true. Sometimes I will sell half a position and let the gains ride. Lol I think he's concerned because if how volatile tesla is and [s]it's only one share he has, so it's either hold all or sell all.[/s]

I just realized he has 1.5 shares which is nice because Trove allows fractional share purchase. If he's worried he can just sell half.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bengurion1: 6:44am On Apr 14, 2020
YerYer:

I would like to know as well. I know there are subscription services that alert members such as Pete & Jon Najarian Market Rebellion newsletter, but they can be quite expensive. Barchart.com also lists unusual option activities but I don't know if it's listed live or at the end of each trading day. Only thing though, with barchart.com you have to make sure the trade isn't a hedge or a spread. For example if someone bought 4,000 Tesla $600 calls expiring April 17th, you want to look at the option chain to make sure that same person didn't sell say 5,000 Tesla $550 calls expiring on the same April 17th, that will be considered a bearish call spread. I don't know how much you know about options. But basically you want to make sure the ratio of calls to puts for example is greater than 4:1, the volume traded is greater than 4,000 and there should be a significant Open Interest (OI). It's not an exact science and I will also like to know how to use it as a gauge; when I'm chanced I might watch YouTube videos explaining this concept. But for now you can start here https://www.barchart.com/options/unusual-activity/stocks

Thanks a bunch.
Make we dey learn small small, pending when Trove gives us access to trading options smiley smiley smiley
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Brukx(m): 6:56am On Apr 14, 2020
Do stock brokers offer leverages?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 8:06am On Apr 14, 2020
OakPearl:

I had bought and sold it.
Thought I should give myself a valentine gift on 14th Feb and bought at $3.80 but sold at $4.20 on 27th Feb when the market took a dive due to the early signs of corona disruptions then.

But it remains on my watchlist as I see a future in it after this beating it has gone through.
Awesome! Thanks, sir. It's been on my watchlist for quite some time now but I guess the time is right due to gradual re-opening of the Chinese economy.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:20am On Apr 14, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Smartest move.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:26am On Apr 14, 2020
YerYer:

Thanks for this.
May have to learn more about calls.
Never shown interest due to the lack of opportunity to invest live at the moment.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:47am On Apr 14, 2020
seyisanya:
Awesome! Thanks, sir. It's been on my watchlist for quite some time now but I guess the time is right due to gradual re-opening of the Chinese economy.

The time can't be better.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lafuria1(m): 11:55am On Apr 14, 2020
Tesla rally is good, I've benefitted from the last 3 trading days rally just not comfortable with it, anything can happen, one small news , it swings to the left.

Pre market today s already up by 6% for Tesla.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by smokey12345: 12:00pm On Apr 14, 2020
i hae 2 mentors on here YerYer and OakPearl i beliee you people will put me through when i am about to start and i meant very soon
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
lafuria1:
Tesla rally is good, I've benefitted from the last 3 trading days rally just not comfortable with it, anything can happen, one small news , it swings to the left.

Pre market today s already up by 6% for Tesla.

Take your profit and flee...come back tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2020
OakPearl:

Thanks for this.
May have to learn more about calls.
Never shown interest due to the lack of opportunity to invest live at the moment.

It's interesting. I really hope they introduce it to the Nigerian market.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2020
smokey12345:
i hae 2 mentors on here YerYer and OakPearl i beliee you people will put me through when i am about to start and i meant very soon

We are all here to help. Can't wait until you start.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (429) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.