Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (609028 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (429) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1Password: 12:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
Lexusgs430:

What is reasonable capital?.....

With crypto investments, it's more of a long term strategic investment outlook + luck.......

With shares, be prepared for a roller-coaster ride....... To maximize profits, long term investments is the best strategy......

Unless you want to spreadbet........ Your capital could also varnish, into thin air........

Your best approach is to do your own research and take your own risks...... Nobody knows what this markets would deal tomorrow...... wink

NGN10m.
Thank you for the input, I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Lexusgs430: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2021
1Password:

NGN10m.
Thank you for the input, I appreciate it.

It works to slightly above $24,000 or thereabout, depending on the day.......

Are you looking into quick returns or watch it grow.... Investor vs trader......

To start with, you can invest yourself. Education is key (understanding the market, platform to invest with etc)......

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2021
$SENS IS BACK

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
1Password:
Hello trade gurus, I need your help to make a good decision, please between stock trading and crypto trading which one is most profitable?
Can someone with a reasonable capital make it a full-time job and live off it comfortably?
It depends on your on your risk appetite , age and capital.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2021
$SENS increased by over 35%. Investors are responding positively to the company announcing the results of the promising study evaluating the accuracy and safety of the next generation Eversense CGM System for up to 180 days with reduced calibrations.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1Password: 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
Lexusgs430:

It works to slightly above $24,000 or thereabout, depending on the day.......

Are you looking into quick returns or watch it grow.... Investor vs trader......

To start with, you can invest yourself. Education is key (understanding the market, platform to invest with etc)......

Quick returns as I'm planning to quit my job and further my education and I need something I can live on.
Trader.
Thanks, I am willing to invest in myself hence the questions.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1Password: 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
Kennyking1234:
It depends on your on your risk appetite , age and capital.

Risk appetite: Medium
Capital: 10m

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ElectronicMoney(m): 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2021
Topson88:
please what do you think about this investment strategy for a Nigerian in diaspora

I want to put some amount in S&P 500 and apple shares to allow for capital appreciation for about a year then about a month before zenith bank pays its final divided, i will sell off my apple and s&p 500 to buy zenith shares. After dividend payment, whenever price rises above entry price, i sell off and repatriate the money back into apple and sp500 and this cycle continues.
The aim is to benefit from capital appreciation, avoid devaluation and enjoy NSE dividend yield. What do you think may be the demerit of this investiment strategy. Thanks.

This only makes sense if you're planning to invest a large sum of money.

Also be aware that for you to benefit from the dividend of Zenith Bank your name must be in the members' register which means you need to buy the shares in good time

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ElectronicMoney(m): 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Once the real world only sells EV vehicles, you might have a change of thought process.... The real world is almost achieving that possibility.....

A world in which only EV vehicles are sold is still over 10 years away

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ElectronicMoney(m): 6:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
Kennyking1234:
Trade 212 is giving me headache

Have they re-started accepting new people?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ElectronicMoney(m): 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2021
Jimmy17:

No more 15 mins delay on passfolio..
Use my link to sign up so we can both get free shares worth up to $100... check personal text.

Free share of $100? Are they doing Christmas bonanza? grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Lexusgs430: 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2021
ElectronicMoney:

A world in which only EV vehicles are sold is still over 10 years away

It's already selling in the real world........ cheesy

I take note of the 'only'...... But the reverse is going to happen....

More EV's than combustion, would be sold.......

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
1Password:

Family man?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
1Password:

- First read, read, read... read books on investments, finance, study the lives of rich people, study their portfolios, do your personal research and due diligence before investing.
-know what you want and how feasible it is, also time frame.
- Dedicate about 40% or 50% of the capital to safe investment/ indexes/ETFs such as the s&p 500, Russel 3000, DOW 30, Invesco QQQ etc ( I think s$p 500 is the best)
-have about 10 % in cash just in case.
- look into some dividend stocks. e.g APPLE, AT&T
- 20% to 30% can go to growth stocks such amazon, apple, alibaba etc
- invest in different sectors tech, medicine, mining, sports etc
- 5% to 10% to emerging markets ETFs/indexes such as china, brazil, Africa, even Nigeria etc
- 5% to 10% to speculate on volatile equities such as cryptos, $tesla shares, penny stocks.
- long term bonds might also be included.
- Long is usually the best strategy but always have an exit plan in case.

NB: NOT a financial advise just my personal opinion,
incase you need some investment books(pdf) dm

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Lexusgs430: 12:42am On Jun 05, 2021
Kennyking1234:
$SENS increased by over 35%. Investors are responding positively to the company announcing the results of the PROMISE Study evaluating the accuracy and safety of the next generation Eversense CGM System for up to 180 days with reduced calibrations.

A share for diabetics...... grin

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ElectronicMoney(m): 10:19am On Jun 05, 2021
Kennyking1234:

- First read, read, read... read books on investments, finance, study the lives of rich people, study their portfolios, do your personal research and due diligence before investing.
- Dedicate about 40% or 50% of the capital to safe investment/ indexes/ETFs such as the s&p 500, Russel 3000, DOW 30, Invesco QQQ etc ( I think s$p 500 is the best)
- 5% to 10% to emerging markets ETFs/indexes such as china, brazil, Africa, even Nigeria etc
- 5% to 10% to speculate on volatile equities such as cryptos, $tesla shares, penny stocks.

Seconded!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 4Play(m): 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2021
Kennyking1234:

I very much second this and I am particularly glad a lot of people recognise that a large portion of investing capital should be allocated to safer investments (like indexes). Yes, they are boring but boring is a key feature of good risk management and long term investment success. There is a saying by Howard Marks, a legendary investor with Oaktree Capital: "There are old investors, and there are bold investors, but there are no old bold investors".

If you only have $100 - $500 to play with and you can afford to lose it, then I can see why risky stocks/cryptos might make sense as a YOLO trade. But the larger your wealth is or if it's capital you can't afford to lose, the less chances you should take.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by benedictuyi(m): 8:57pm On Jun 05, 2021
Good day house. Does Trove and Chaka still charge commission for buying and selling stocks?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Wapgod(m): 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2021
benedictuyi:
Good day house. Does Trove and Chaka still charge commission for buying and selling stocks?
Yes they do.
Check their respective website for their charges and fees.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by benedictuyi(m): 1:57am On Jun 06, 2021
Wapgod:

Yes they do.
Check their respective website for their charges and fees.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2021
miss20:
for newbies like us, now that there's no more red anywhere, what do we buy now?
join fellow newbies on WhatsApp https://chatDOTwhatsappDOTcom/DZCOqR6brCx0rkeqixMQG4

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Debalanza: 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
Leezah:
join fellow newbies on WhatsApp https://chatDOTwhatsappDOTcom/DZCOqR6brCx0rkeqixMQG4
wink
Thanks for the share!

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by anozie09(m): 6:07pm On Jun 06, 2021
Good evening house! I made a withdrawal on bamboo on Thursday... It’s still on withdrawal processing. How long will it take to drop into my account please?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Elsueno: 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2021
Time for me to come back home to stock, am feeling the greens , crypto market is just confused currently grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yom2(m): 10:06pm On Jun 06, 2021
anozie09:
Good evening house! I made a withdrawal on bamboo on Thursday... It’s still on withdrawal processing. How long will it take to drop into my account please?
their matta tire me too in recent days withdrawal has been slow. Then also depends on on the hour of d day u initiate d withdrawal

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Lexusgs430: 11:45pm On Jun 06, 2021
anozie09:

Payments would not be processed over the weekend, so possibly Monday/Tuesday.......

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by anozie09(m): 1:36am On Jun 07, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Payments would not be processed over the weekend, so possibly Monday/Tuesday.......
Oh, okay! Fingers crossed then, thanks

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Lexusgs430: 1:43am On Jun 07, 2021
Elsueno:
Time for me to come back home to stock, am feeling the greens , crypto market is just confused currently grin

Time to hodl... (only hodl with spare cash)..... Let me take a leaf from MMM's motto....... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ice4u999(m): 4:59am On Jun 07, 2021
posty56:
my aim here is not to promote $amc and $gme my aim is to inform you to prepare for a storm coming in the stock market if you have funds you want to use better pull it out now cause the stock market is going to be down for some time, Me i don talk my own thoae who have ears let them hear.

What prove do you have for this?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ajalaridwan1718(m): 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2021
Who noticed $amc shares shocked

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by idolda: 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2021
highcurrent:
pls give us hint, where in Reddit specifically?
Wallstreetbet

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (429) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.