Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (609046 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (429) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by akinpelu746: 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
Thanks to those that have given me their honest advice.I think I will weather the storm.
OakPearl:

I advise that you calm down and begin to get used to the market in terms of it's behaviour.
Short term traders get to sell for quick gains when there is a steep price rise.
The act of selling suddenly creates excess supply of the once rising stock which makes it depreciate for a while.
Sellers will be done selling and prices will pick up again and fly past their previous highs.

Watch and notice that most of these airlines and cruise ships still havent hit the half way mark of their 52-week highs.
52-week high of DAL - $63.44, AZUL - $44.55, NCLH - $59.78, CCL - $53.34 and so on.
That should tell you their is still room for further gains, except the company you bought is bankrupt or unhealthy.
The market does not move on a straight line.

MODIFIED:

Maybe fears of a second wave of covid-19 may also have a hand as the DOW futures has just plunged further 650 points which will further impact negatively on airline and cruise ship stocks today.
Based on this, you may decide what action to take, whether to sell and buy back later or to hold and weather the storm.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
abuabdullah:
Dow Futures down 900 points!
But we keep killing the bears grin

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sharpman1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
YerYer:

I love down days. They are healthy and necessary.

It's also an opportunity to buy more (if you truly believe in that stock) to average down cost........assuming one bought when it was high..

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by abuabdullah: 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
OakPearl:
I have seen $4,000 wiped off my portfolio but am not moving an inch. Its less than the gains that have come in.
We have seen worse days in March 2020. It is no longer doom and gloom like it appeared the last time.
I will utilize this moment to cherry-pick those winners that will come down due to this present short term jitters.
This one is more of a shake-out and I refuse to be shaken out. grin

Kindly share those winners with us

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bumba1234: 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
All RED here except CRWD which is moving north towards 100

OakPearl:
I have seen $4,000 wiped off my portfolio but am not moving an inch. Its less than the gains that have come in.
We have seen worse days in March 2020. It is no longer doom and gloom like it appeared the last time.
I will utilize this moment to cherry-pick those winners that will come down due to this present short term jitters.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by cj4humanity: 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2020
OakPearl:
Pls update us on these cherry-picks b4 you pull the trigger

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by aiyemobola: 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
Groupon done over 1500%, to sell Bamboo is not allowing it go. This is unfair

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
OakPearl:
Waiting for airline to dip further so that I can enter with the institutions grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
I’m sure it’s because of “good faith violations” lol. I was in that mess few days ago
aiyemobola:
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Madisonsqua(m): 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
Please can someone explain what's happening with groupon?

Groupon, Inc. (NASDAQ: GRPN) ("Groupon" or the "Company"wink announced today that the Company’s board of directors has approved a reverse stock split of the Company’s common stock at a ratio of 1-for-20, following approval of the reverse stock split by the Company’s stockholders at the Annual Meeting of Stockholders held on June 9, 2020.

The reverse stock split will become effective at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time on June 10, 2020. At the effective time, every 20 issued and outstanding shares of the Company’s common stock will be converted and combined into one share of the Company’s common stock, and a proportionate reduction will be made to the Company’s number of authorized shares of common stock.

Beginning with the opening of trading on June 11, 2020, the Company’s common stock will trade on the Nasdaq Global Select Market on a split-adjusted basis under a new CUSIP number, 399473206. The Company’s trading symbol will continue to be "GRPN."

The reverse stock split affects all stockholders uniformly and will not alter any stockholder’s percentage interest in the Company’s common stock, except for adjustments that may result from the treatment of fractional shares as described below.

No fractional shares will be issued as a result of the reverse stock split. Instead, the Company’s transfer agent will aggregate all fractional shares and sell them as soon as practicable after the effective time of the reverse stock split at the then-prevailing prices on the open market. Stockholders who would have been entitled to a fractional share as a result of the reverse stock split will receive a cash payment from the transfer agent in an amount equal to their respective pro rata share of the total proceeds of such sale

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
Madisonsqua:
Please can someone explain what's happening with groupon?

Groupon, Inc. (NASDAQ: GRPN) ("Groupon" or the "Company"wink announced today that the Company’s board of directors has approved a reverse stock split of the Company’s common stock at a ratio of 1-for-20, following approval of the reverse stock split by the Company’s stockholders at the Annual Meeting of Stockholders held on June 9, 2020.

The reverse stock split will become effective at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time on June 10, 2020. At the effective time, every 20 issued and outstanding shares of the Company’s common stock will be converted and combined into one share of the Company’s common stock, and a proportionate reduction will be made to the Company’s number of authorized shares of common stock.

Beginning with the opening of trading on June 11, 2020, the Company’s common stock will trade on the Nasdaq Global Select Market on a split-adjusted basis under a new CUSIP number, 399473206. The Company’s trading symbol will continue to be "GRPN."

The reverse stock split affects all stockholders uniformly and will not alter any stockholder’s percentage interest in the Company’s common stock, except for adjustments that may result from the treatment of fractional shares as described below.

No fractional shares will be issued as a result of the reverse stock split. Instead, the Company’s transfer agent will aggregate all fractional shares and sell them as soon as practicable after the effective time of the reverse stock split at the then-prevailing prices on the open market. Stockholders who would have been entitled to a fractional share as a result of the reverse stock split will receive a cash payment from the transfer agent in an amount equal to their respective pro rata share of the total proceeds of such sale

Groupon stock capitulated to $0.55 per share in March 2016 due to various reasons chief of which is poor performance without earning profit in the last two years.
If it continued to trade at that penny stock range of less than $1/share, the company stood the risk of being delisted from the NASDAQ.

The available option to avoid being delisted is the revers stock split which they have implemented. Reverse stock split of this nature simply means a stock that was selling for $1.00 per share will suddenly be selling for $20.00/share. There typically is no difference to the existing holders because their shares are split into 1 for every 20 shares held (If you had 20 shares, it will be replaced with 1 share only).

This was the case with Aurora Cannabis ACB before it rallied a while this year.

My advise?
Do not venture into Groupon now as they are not expected to be profitable in the next few years unless there is a news of takeover.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
aiyemobola:
shocked shocked shocked
Chai..... My village people get me here oh. Sold all my holding here on Monday. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Why me oohhh
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 4:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
grin no make me laugh Abeg
arduino:

shocked shocked shocked
Chai..... My village people get me here oh. Sold all my holding here on Monday. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Why me oohhh

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Madisonsqua(m): 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
OakPearl:

Groupon stock capitulated to $0.55 per share in March 2016 due to various reasons chief of which is poor performance without earning profit in the last two years.
If it continued to trade at that penny stock range of less than $1/share, the company stood the risk of being delisted from the NASDAQ.

The available option to avoid being delisted is the revers stock split which they have implemented. Reverse stock split of this nature simply means a stock that was selling for $1.00 per share will suddenly be selling for $20.00/share. There typically is no difference to the existing holders because their shares are split into 1 for every 20 shares held (If you had 20 shares, it will be replaced with 1 share only).

This was the case with Aurora Cannabis ACB before it rallied a while this year.

My advise?
Do not venture into Groupon now as they are not expected to be profitable in the next few years unless there is a news of takeover.
Great answer

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
Skymoore1004:
grin no make me laugh Abeg
OK. Just understood that it was reverse stock split. My brother, I don nearly faint.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 4:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
aiyemobola:

Audio profit.
That is a result of the stock split sir.
If you had 1,000 shares, your total number of shares have now reduced to 50.
Those 50 shares couldn't have produced that 1,500% gain in value.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by victichy: 4:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
OakPearl:

Audio profit.
That is a result of the stock split sir.
If you had 1,000 shares, your total number of shares have now reduced to 50.

LTM is already giving me sleepless night. Bought over 4000 shares. Now, it seems they are delisted and no News Whatsoever. Damn, my chest is doing me somehow, hope it’s not what I am thinking that is happening.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Iamsoulomon: 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2020
I just deposited to my Trove account now but it’s yet to be credited, my bank said it was successful but the customer care told to keep refreshing my app please anyone having this same issues? And who have their customer care number
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2020
Is there a glitch on Robinhood system? Please note the time

Updated:
Back on but on chrome
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by davie01(m): 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
Iamsoulomon:
I just deposited to my Trove account now but it’s yet to be credited, my bank said it was successful but the customer care told to keep refreshing my app please anyone having this same issues? And who have their customer care number

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sonnie10: 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
victichy:

LTM is already giving me sleepless night. Bought over 4000 shares. Now, it seems they are delisted and no News Whatsoever. Damn, my chest is doing me somehow, hope it’s not what I am thinking that is happening.
They have been delisted.
You can sell OTC of what you already have but cannot buy more

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by victichy: 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2020
sonnie10:

They have been delisted.
You can sell OTC of what you already have but cannot buy more

That option is not available on the Bamboo Trading platform.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Topson88: 6:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
Cc oakpearl, skymoore and all well wishers

For example, if a newbie wants to invest in NSE without much knowledge in it, he or she will be advised to put his or her money on any of or combination of FUGAZ stocks with a good entry price.

Question: please what are the examples of FUGAZ like stocks in the us stock market which i can do due diligence on and then invest for LONG TERM (like 5 to 10years)

I will appreciate responses and appology to those my question will irritate.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
Topson88:

For example, if a newbie wants to invest in NSE without much knowledge in it, he or she will be advised to put his or her money on any of or combination of FUGAZ stocks with a good entry price.

Question: please what are the examples of FUGAZ like stocks in the us stock market which i can do due diligence on and then invest for LONG TERM (like 5 to 10years)

FANG

Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, Google. Then you can add Tesla.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by cj4humanity: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
Topson88:

Don't know if I'm correct but my instincts are telling me they are :
F - First bank
U - UBA
G - GTB
A - Access Bank
Z - Zenith
I still don't know how they are US stocks though

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
sharpman1:

It's also an opportunity to buy more (if you truly believe in that stock) to average down cost........assuming one bought when it was high..

Certainly, but high quality stocks

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
Everywhere is red

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 7:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
seyisanya:
The current market situation defies logic, but it is what it is. Hence, there is need for us to monitor our portfolio closely. In fact, only technicals are winning now; fundamentals have been thrown out the door. Just think of any 3-letter or 4-letter alphabet combination and check the price movement, you'll be greeted with ''GREEN''. In my opinion, most stocks are now overvalued, and this is the time to tread carefully.

The current market is sweet for traders, short/mid-term investors. Long term(Buy and Hold) crew will have to choose very carefully or simply wait!
Big congrats to all that have been waiting for another entry into the US market without ''FOMO-ing''. Take advantage of the ongoing pullback to position/reposition. It's time to cherry-pick again. Bargains are gradually becoming available.

Next week, beginning from tomorrow, might be the week of bargain hunting.

Happy Investing!

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thesilentone(m): 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
afroxyz:

FANG

Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, Google. Then you can add Tesla.
FAANG -Add AAPL. I don't understand Tesla for long term

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by thesilentone(m): 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2020
It's a sea of REDs out here. People's shirts are being torn. Only the patient and well invested will be able to take advantage. A penny for GrandPa WB's thoughts right now.

Whatever comes down, must go up later

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Drenimarcus(m): 7:53pm On Jun 11, 2020
thesilentone:
It's a sea of REDs out here. People's shirts are being torn. Only the patient and well invested will be able to take advantage. A penny for GrandPa WB's thoughts right now.

Whatever comes down, must go up later

cheesy One of my pals who started investing on Sunday is on lockdown like this grin

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lexy2lexy: 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
INTC AAPL SWKS QCOM AVGO QRVO

abuabdullah:
Dears,
If you subscribe to Motley Fool or Zack Investment, kindly share the names of 5G companies they recommended.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (429) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54