Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (606558 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (428) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by civilserva: 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2020
arduino:
IDEX over doing about 300%. Stock was only $0.38 as at 1st June, 2020. Anyone on this bus?
How do you people buy this stock? I tried to buy it on 2 attempts last Thursday but it came up with error message on Bamboo.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Care4: 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2020
arduino:
IDEX over doing about 300%. Stock was only $0.38 as at 1st June, 2020. Anyone on this bus?

Couldn't get it on Bamboo. It's not even appearing on chaka. undecided
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Care4: 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2020
From experience, please when is it fair to trade, when the market opens? After lunch or last hour?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
Care4:
From experience, please when is it fair to trade, when the market opens? After lunch or last hour?

There is no specific ' "cast in stone" technique"

It all depends

That said....
Bamboo na wa

N462.3 to USD

Una try

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Anywherebuthere: 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
If it is not on the NYSE they won't have it.
Care4:

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Anywherebuthere: 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2020
But they have it though. I just checked.
Anywherebuthere:
If it is not on the NYSE they won't have it.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Keinding: 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2020
arduino:

This one looks like P& D

Meanwhile anyone notice tech space today... Lots are reaching 52 week/ATH.

I get that of AAPL but what is driving others?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lafuria1(m): 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
Keinding:

This one looks like P& D

Meanwhile anyone notice tech space today... Lots are reaching 52 week/ATH.

I get that of AAPL but what is driving others?

Yes, because tech stocks have so far been covid 19 resistant. The impact covid 19 on the airline, cruise, entertainment, etc have been more severe than On tech companies, it's more just buying phones, other services are rendered. with general hope that economy is getting better, the tech companies will recover faster than any other industry.

The tech so far have been abld to adapt and find a way to remain active. Among the tech, the cloud computing tech and e commerce have so far been making kill in the market right now.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lafuria1(m): 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2020
Care4:

No specific time at all, though the first 15mins and last 15mins are the most volitile. Price swings. One can't tell you with certainty which way it goes.

I buy stock for tomorrow ie if I feel the stock will continue to rally tomorrow , I buy it today at whatever time I like, the target is not miss tomorrow's rally.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Care4: 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2020
DexterousOne:

There is no specific ' "cast in stone" technique"

It all depends

That said....
Bamboo na wa

N462.3 to USD

Una try

Dem no send us o.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
YerYer:

At 17, you are already well above your peers. If you start now and stay the course, your money will grow by compounding and you will be financially independent before you know it.

Start small and limit speculative trades. I would've suggested you avoid speculative trades completely but the truth is, at your age, even if you lose money in risky trades, you have your whole life ahead of you to make up for it. So what will I suggest? 90% of your portfolio should be in high growth stocks but in diversified sectors. The remaining 10% can be invested in micro caps, disruptor stocks(marijuana, biotech, 5G etc) and crypto.

Read books about investing, so many people have made suggestions on this thread. Visit investopedia, yahoo finance and cnbc. Keep conservative expectations, don't expect to get rich quick, this way you wouldn't be so disappointed if you lose money. At your age, I was a complete game freak, but I have no complaints, I used to make high scores and thrash my friends, you will need to have the same passion for investing in stocks. You will need to live and breath this stuff. When you have a crazy impulsive idea, first test it out on a demo account and learn from the experience.

I hope one day you look back to where your journey started and smile at your investment portfolio. Good luck.

I am not into economics more into tech and programming, recently read a book in my eBook collection titled ”Richest man in Babylon” by George S. Clason. I am trying to apply the lessons in the book… especially the idea of “ensuring a profitable investment”.

I stumbled on the idea of called “stocks”, I love the theory of being a shareholder of a large company especially that of Elon Musk (an inspiration) Tesla to be precise. I discovered that most of the world best started quite early in life, sometimes I feel am old… from Einstein to Gates to Zuck to Elon. I think I want to follow that path. I just recently bought a mutual fund at Cowry rise to understand more about the investment concept. I intend to get a job soon to sponsor my investment portfolio and play around the whole concept since I have little or no financial responsibilities for now.

Lastly thanks a lot sir for the advice and kind words especially about being conservative learnt something new.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2020
And there goes our dear INO.
While we were busy waiting for it to come to the $8/$9 junction for boarding, it catapults to $20 gaining over 30% today!

They announced that they won a $71 million contract with the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) to scale up the manufacturing of their Cellectra 3PSP smart devices. The DOD will also acquire some of Inovio's Cellectra 2000 devices as part of the deal. Both of these devices are used to administer INO-4800 -- Inovio's potential vaccine for COVID-19 -- directly into the patient's skin.

This is one of the beauties of the US markets.
May you wake up one morning to find one of your stocks have jumped 90%!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2020
azeezman:

It is good you know the needs to invest at your early age. But i will advise to focus more on your education in school now rather than going into full time trading.
At your stage, it will be difficult to combine schooling and making money together. And its good u plan entrying university and finish with good grades
However, if you have little money that you don't need now, rather than its been in the bank with little yield, i will advice you can put it in Nigeria stock, which has high dividend yield

It important to note, not to be in hurry in life, life is a step by step. When you start working fully, you can now think of stock trading and investment. Please avoid chasing two things at a time now

quote author=Kennyking1234 post=90954069]Am 17 and I want to start investing what advice do you have for me.
My chaka is already verified i can trade locally and internationally....
Thanks a lot, sir for the ideas not too desperate for money, yes my phone got stolen I need money to get a new one aside that nothing no much need for money. Like you rightly said its best to focus on one thing at tome but I want to get the feeling am not wasting my youth.
I want to get that head-start that as early as possible. And sir, what some of my elderly friends tell me about me tell me university in Nigeria isn't really good. sometimes am discouraged some hustle like they didn't go to uni, some are doing yahoo and other vices. Once again thanks a lot sir for your advice and kind words...
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:35pm On Jun 23, 2020
Kennyking1234:

I am not into economics more into tech and programming, recently read a book in my eBook collection titled ”Richest man in Babylon” by George S. Clason. I am trying to apply the lessons in the book… especially the idea of “ensuring a profitable investment”.

I stumbled on the idea of called “stocks”, I love the theory of being a shareholder of a large company especially that of Elon Musk (an inspiration) Tesla to be precise. I discovered that most of the world best started quite early in life, sometimes I feel am old… from Einstein to Gates to Zuck to Elon. I think I want to follow that path. I just recently bought a mutual fund at Cowry rise to understand more about the investment concept. I intend to get a job soon to sponsor my investment portfolio and play around the whole concept since I have little or no financial responsibilities for now.

Lastly thanks a lot sir for the advice and kind words especially about being conservative learnt something new.

Having endorsed YerYer's initial advise to you and seen a bit more about what your actions and plans are from your response, I can confirm you are on the right path.
Good book by George Clason with timeless wisdom. Add Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki to your life workbooks.

I can guarantee you will be a genuine millionaire in this business if you stick to your game.
You will loose taste for stolen money and rather derive joy and fulfilment in growing your own money in the process.
Welcome on board.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
OakPearl:

Having endorsed YerYer's initial advise to you and seen a bit more about what your actions and plans are from your response, I can confirm you are on the right path.
Good book by George Clason with timeless wisdom. Add Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki to your life workbooks.

I can guarantee you will be a genuine millionaire in this business if you stick to your game.
You will loose taste for stolen money and rather derive joy and fulfilment in growing your own money in the process.
Welcome on board.
Thanks a lot sir... Read the book rich poor about 2 years but can't seem to remember anything anymore about it, would head on to read it ASAP. THANKS again.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by emekson(m): 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
https://oalvideon.xyz/378899953328073/ Earn 10$ for watching a video
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
afroxyz:
@oakpearl
@Yeryer

How do you see SPOT. Been watching the stock for a while now. I feel it's currently overbought and may dip soon, but it would make for a very good buy. I feel it's a potential AMZN. What are your thoughts?

Your thoughts on SPOT are very much in order.
I am also waiting for the dip because it has established a certain level of resilience required to become a big name. The problem with this wait is the investing public is becoming more aware of the great potentials and may keep driving it to a higher high just like Microsoft is experiencing now.

Their shift to podcasts since coming public in 2018 is setting them up for similar growth and dominance in the audio space like NETFLIX.

In spite of a negative EPS, since bottoming under $118 at the height of the covid-19 pandemic in Feb/Mar, the stock has more than doubled in value, helped by a strong quarterly report in April.
They have clearly done a great job of coping with the pandemic.

It's an emerging giant that will pay handsomely in the long run no matter how much you buy it now.
This one na buy and keep. grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
Delta airlines

Anyone torchlighting Delta airlines?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 9:40pm On Jun 23, 2020
Care4:

On Bamboo

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sharpman1(m): 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
DexterousOne:
Delta airlines

Anyone torchlighting Delta airlines?

Yep. Bought about 2 weeks ago at an average cost of $31.7 per unit. Total investment currently down by 6.5%.

Any news.......should i sell or buy more?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Drenimarcus(m): 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
OakPearl:
While we were busy waiting for it to come to the $8/$9 junction for boarding, it catapults to $20 gaining over 30% today!

They announced that they won a $71 million contract with the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) to scale up the manufacturing of their Cellectra 3PSP smart devices. The DOD will also acquire some of Inovio's Cellectra 2000 devices as part of the deal. Both of these devices are used to administer INO-4800 -- Inovio's potential vaccine for COVID-19 -- directly into the patient's skin.

wink wink
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
sharpman1:

Yep. Bought about 2 weeks ago at an average cost of $31.7 per unit. Total investment currently down by 6.5%.

Despite Buffets move to sell these airlines when he did

I still wager that Delta has long term prospects

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 10:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
afroxyz:
@oakpearl
@Yeryer

How do you see SPOT. Been watching the stock for a while now. I feel it's currently overbought and may dip soon, but it would make for a very good buy. I feel it's a potential AMZN. What are your thoughts?

I like Spotify (SPOT). After signing heavy hitters like Howard Stern, Joe Roegan and now Kim Kardashian, I strongly believe this is a streaming platform worh big goals. The makeup company COTY signed a Kardashian and the stock has been on a rocket launch since then. I don't know if and when momentum will slow down for this stock but I'm about to FOMO into it with a small position.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
OakPearl:

I joined the bus this morning. Up $1775 grin

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
sharpman1:

They have resumed operation to China

That would at least bring in some revenue

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sharpman1(m): 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2020
YerYer:

I should be getting live tips from you and have you on speed dial.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2020
Please who owns a share with Nabors Industry?
Should I sell or hold?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2020
YerYer:

Some good stuff
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 9:27am On Jun 24, 2020
Premarket red cry
This June month
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 11:24am On Jun 24, 2020
YerYer:

What a kill!
Ride on bro.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by horlajide: 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2020
horlajide:

Trove (same pricing model as Chaka) is favorable for the "big" boys i.e. folks whose individual trade whether purchase or sale exceeds $200. The higher of $2 or 1% is not favorable to the fellow who trades individually <$200. Hypothetically, just imagine paying $2 on a purchase of 4$ and another $2 on sale = Capital depleted

Alternatively, Bamboo's flat rate of 1.5% is more pronounced when individual trades exceeds >$200 where the opportunity cost on commission to say Trove or Chaka is 1%. It may appear .5% is insignificant until you start dealing BIG numbers.

At the end of the day, its a NGO business plus money must be made for the venture capitalist and thankfully monopoly is minimal else wetin me wey get $4 for do?

Update:

There are miscalculations in my previous post. I think it is right I correct it in case there are potential investors and traders whose significant deciding factor on which platform to use is the transaction cost. The benchmark should be $133 as against $200 which I earlier quoted. Glancing at my bamboo trade confirmations, I suddenly realized my transaction cost exceed $2 even though they were below $200. I made a table for the sake of clarity

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (428) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.