Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (606477 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (428) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jimmy17(m): 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2020
horlajide:

Update:

There are miscalculations in my previous post. I think it is right I correct it in case there are potential investors and traders whose significant deciding factor on which platform to use is the transaction cost. The benchmark should be $133 as against $200 which I earlier quoted. Glancing at my bamboo trade confirmations, I suddenly realized my transaction cost exceed $2 even though they were below $200. I made a table for the sake of clarity
Thanks alot for this..so bamboo for traders with less money

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2020
horlajide:

Update:

There are miscalculations in my previous post. I think it is right I correct it in case there are potential investors and traders whose significant deciding factor on which platform to use is the transaction cost. The benchmark should be $133 as against $200 which I earlier quoted. Glancing at my bamboo trade confirmations, I suddenly realized my transaction cost exceed $2 even though they were below $200. I made a table for the sake of clarity

Cost or commission is part of the reason i decided if am going to trade any stock....it has to be not more than $100... above that...no way.... again my dividend portfolio, no stock price is above $100...you need big money in other to make it with these fintechs...they are just milking Nigerians
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Care4: 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2020
arduino:

On Bamboo

Were you able to buy it?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2020
Care4:

Were you able to buy it?
No. Not interested.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2020
gamaliel9:

Cost or commission is part of the reason i decided if am going to trade any stock....it has to be not more than $100... above that...no way.... again my dividend portfolio, no stock price is above $100...you need big money in other to make it with these fintechs...they are just milking Nigerians
I remember some Nigerians in the US chatting about trading with ridiculous small units of stocks - I was like ''these ones are only making money for their brokers'' - only for me to later realise that they are not paying any commission for both buy/sell. My advice for Nigerians based in Nigeria using these Fintechs is to think longterm. Buy good companies at a great bargain and wait it out.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by sharpman1(m): 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
seyisanya:
I remember some Nigerians in the US chatting about trading with ridiculous small units of stocks - I was like ''these ones are only making money for their brokers'' - only for me to later realise that they are not paying any commission for both buy/sell. My advice for Nigerians based in Nigeria using these Fintechs is to think longterm. Buy good companies at a great bargain and wait it out.

Yes. Thanks to Robinhood and co.......most brokers now charge zero commision on stock trades. That was the only way to maintain market share.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 7:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
sharpman1:

Yes. Thanks to Robinhood and co.......most brokers now charge zero commision on stock trades. That was the only way to maintain market share.
I guess Etoro also charges zero commission on trades, and they allow Nigerians.
I just don't know their downsides.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by phantino: 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
Please is there any Good broker that accepts Nigerians, This Choicetrade does not have Real Time Quotes.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 8:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
sharpman1:

FXTM sent me a message today that i can buy and sell stocks with no commission...no fees...no management fee etc.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
gamaliel9:

FXTM sent me a message today that i can buy and sell stocks with no commission...no fees...no management fee etc.

Sounds cool. Didn't complete my registration
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 12:56am On Jun 25, 2020
seyisanya:

Well said

Buy and Hold seem to be the strategy if you are a Nigerian based in Nigeria

Just make sure you enter at a good entry price.

That said

The explosion of Robinhood and all these other platforms have unleashed a wave of amateur investors into tbe market that will ne devoured by tbe sharks cheesy cheesy

Imagine the rat trap with Hertz

Lmao

And the other one that committed suicide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 25, 2020
gamaliel9:

I searched "FXTM" here on NL and it wasn't glad tidings, to say the least. Might want to be cautious there.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by NoTimeZone(m): 7:22am On Jun 25, 2020
damurphy:
I was using Etoro platform but had to withdraw my funds to trading 212 because of convenience of zero trading fee I'm enjoying in trading 212 platform. My major issue with Etoro is their high minimum trade value of $500. For those not comfortable with platform fees e.g trade commission, deposit fee, and withdrawal fees should check out trading 212.
Hello there !
I tried registering on Trading 212 but I don't a TIN (Tax Identification Number)
How do I go about this?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by arduino: 9:12am On Jun 25, 2020
gamaliel9:

Until you buy and sell at zero commission, I refuse to believe. Nigerian institutions can hide hidden charges just to gain clients base while marketing their services.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 10:29am On Jun 25, 2020
DexterousOne:

Well said

Buy and Hold seem to be the strategy if you are a Nigerian based in Nigeria

Just make sure you enter at a good entry price.

That said

The explosion of Robinhood and all these other platforms have unleashed a wave of amateur investors into tbe market that will ne devoured by tbe sharks cheesy cheesy

Imagine the rat trap with Hertz

Lmao

And the other one that committed suicide

Please let's us do well to steer clear of the narratives of these disgruntled institutional investors. Eaten by which sharks? While they were waiting, the 'amateur' investors made a killing in airlines, GNUS, Chesapeake, SPOT and INO. If there is anything the market has thought us it's that nobody is an expert. These so-called experts are having a hard time understanding that the market has changed due to the influx of retail investors. It has thrown up a wave of unpredictability for them which they are yet to grasp. These guys spin narratives to suit their own startegies. JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon called bitcoin a fraud and warned that any trader caught trading bitcoin would be fired. The value of bitcoin fell by 24% after his statement. Sure enough, JP Morgan and Morgan Stanley started investing in bitcoin for their clients after that. After slamming bitcoin at the world economic forum.in 2018, George Soros started investing in bitcoins 8 weeks after, of course after the price had fallen. So leave all these guys. They are masters of mass manipulation. They would make you buy the rumour so that you can sell it as news

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 10:53am On Jun 25, 2020
afroxyz:

Please let's us do well to steer clear of the narratives of these disgruntled institutional investors. Eaten by which sharks? While they were waiting, the 'amateur' investors made a killing in airlines, GNUS, Chesapeake, SPOT and INO. If there is anything the market has thought us it's that nobody is an expert. These so-called experts are having a hard time understanding that the market has changed due to the influx of retail investors. It has thrown up a wave of unpredictability for them which they are yet to grasp. These guys spin narratives to suit their own startegies. JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon called bitcoin a fraud and warned that any trader caught trading bitcoin would be fired. The value of bitcoin fell by 24% after his statement. Sure enough, JP Morgan and Morgan Stanley started investing in bitcoin for their clients after that. After slamming bitcoin at the world economic forum.in 2018, George Soros started investing in bitcoins 8 weeks after, of course after the price had fallen. So leave all these guys. They are masters of mass manipulation. They would make you buy the rumour so that you can sell it as news

I get your point

But you are making a different point

Forget the institutional investors
I'm not even referring to them.

Look

These platforms opened the gates for so many who do not have the temperament for Trading/Investment

Amateurs if I may call them that

I follow up on Robinhood users, and its very interesting the kind of comments I read there.

Pls try to understand where I am coming from

For someone like me, for example, being a Chartered Accountant, and Finance Major, I take my time to read through financial statements and dividend policy of EVERY COMPANY OF INTEREST.
I find the time to do that, and I'm sure many of us here do one form of analysis or the other.

On the other hand, the vast majority are trading BLIND
You know it, and I know it too lmao cheesy grin

Some of them are going into margin trading and options (people that cannot even interpret simple financial ratios o lmao) cos they hear they can make so much money if they hit it right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 10:58am On Jun 25, 2020
afroxyz:

And let me add

Being an amateur investor is NOT being a small scale investor o.
Cos I see a number if young men on YouTube who are sound in Technical Analysis
Those ones cant be termed Amateurs

The amateurs here are the ones trading at a whim.

You have no FA/TA skills

You dont know much about the investing cycle
And all that

We even had an incident of an amateur investor here, that lost money cos of lack of understanding and was blaming the platform instead of himself/herself

That's my point

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 12:56pm On Jun 25, 2020
DexterousOne:

And let me add

Being an amateur investor is NOT being a small scale investor o.
Cos I see a number if young men on YouTube who are sound in Technical Analysis
Those ones cant be termed Amateurs

The amateurs here are the ones trading at a whim.

You have no FA/TA skills

You dont know much about the investing cycle
And all that

We even had an incident of an amateur investor here, that lost money cos of lack of understanding and was blaming the platform instead of himself/herself

That's my point

Lol..I get you
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DexterousOne(m): 1:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
afroxyz:

Lol..I get you

And trust me

There is a huge influx of investors like that.

If you dont have the temperament for investing

You sit on the bench and just watch

That's the harsh truth.

I'll use myself as example

Looking at my portfolio..

Its blood all over (red red things if you get me)

I know I picked sound companies and I am still strategizing to pick more units of these companies at a cheaper rate

Many of us here reason the same way

But I have seen amateurs look at their portfolio

All red

And they get panic attacks, looking for who to blame, and doing all manners of irrational things.

Unfortunately
Like I said before

More of such types are flocking into the market, looking for quick fix

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2020
Gurus in the house, can we get stock picks alerts? Especially one with upside potentials. I follow some nice guys on their recommendations but most of the recommended stocks are not found in Nigeria fintechs platforms.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by damurphy: 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2020
NoTimeZone:
Hello there !
I tried registering on Trading 212 but I don't a TIN (Tax Identification Number)
How do I go about this?
. Go to any FIRS office and register. You'll be given after 10 days. It's free

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by damurphy: 7:50pm On Jun 25, 2020
phantino:
Please is there any Good broker that accepts Nigerians, This Choicetrade does not have Real Time Quotes.
check out Trading 212
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 5:21am On Jun 26, 2020
sharpman1:

I should be getting live tips from you and have you on speed dial.

It's pure luck o. I lose as well.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 9:21am On Jun 26, 2020
damurphy:
check out Trading 212

Do they operate on zero.commission? What are their charges like
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
It's so easy to make and loose money in this market.

Yesterday, I saw EKSO had done almost 100% at $5 and thought it must have gone too high to join the bus for quick profit.

Before 8pm, it had hit $7.
If I had bought at $5, I would have been almost 50% up.

Who knows what happens today?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 2:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
OakPearl:
And there goes our dear INO.
While we were busy waiting for it to come to the $8/$9 junction for boarding, it catapults to $20 gaining over 30% today!

They announced that they won a $71 million contract with the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) to scale up the manufacturing of their Cellectra 3PSP smart devices. The DOD will also acquire some of Inovio's Cellectra 2000 devices as part of the deal. Both of these devices are used to administer INO-4800 -- Inovio's potential vaccine for COVID-19 -- directly into the patient's skin.

This is one of the beauties of the US markets.
May you wake up one morning to find one of your stocks have jumped 90%!!! grin

Just 2 days after this post, INO is already making a 52-week high of $31.25.
It just may keep rising like garri inside water today. grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
Alexandre7:

Lol...

Just my UAL call alone made $5000+

Airline stock are literally free money now.

Check out Luckin Coffee {LK}

This’s a high risk., high reward trade.

Got in around 2.77, I’m almost up 100%+
I hope you're no longer holding any position in this killer stock!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
YerYer:

It's pure luck o. I lose as well.
I disagree. I think it is more of luck meets preparedness. You definitely understand this market. More wins, boss!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 3:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
OakPearl:
It's so easy to make and loose money in this market.

Yesterday, I saw EKSO had done almost 100% at $5 and thought it must have gone too high to join the bus for quick profit.

Before 8pm, it had hit $7.
If I had bought at $5, I would have been almost 50% up.

Who knows what happens today?
Very valid, but then, it could have been the other way around. The volatility of Bio stocks no b here, I fear dem. cheesy
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alexandre7: 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
seyisanya:
I hope you're no longer holding any position in this killer stock!

I dumped it at market open.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alexandre7: 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
All my portfolio is red today.

I won’t be looking at the market again today so I don’t do something stupid.

It’s one of those days you just sit & do nothing.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (428) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.