Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (608233 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (429) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
mission08:

Hi Oakpeal, many thanks for this heads up.

I saw this post yesterday morning and I quickly did some research on EV stocks. My quick search lead me to Electrameccanica Vehicle (SOLO) among other viable stocks also considering the fact that it is a small cap stock. With the information I read, it seems quite promising and I bought a few number of shares. Between yesterday and today, I'm up 59.5%. Although I don't know what brought about this huge increase but I'm glad I didnt delay when I saw Oakpeal's post.

What price did you buy at?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by mission08: 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
Penboy:

What price did you buy at?

Buying price was $2.15

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Dannyeomo: 7:44am On Jul 03, 2020
Good morning all . New to This Thread . Beginner investor and signed up for Bamboo 2 days ago . I’m currently in on Tesla presently . Good move ?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 12:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
Greetings my people,

For those of you having problem funding your Trading212, the following should be done without going through Dom account opening:

Kindly link any of your credit/debit card to Google pay (pay.google.com) via your gmail account. It's that simple.

After that login to your Trading212 account, click on deposit.

Select "Change method of payment" (since credit/debit card is default).

Choose Gpay

Add the same gmail linked to gpay.

Add amount in dollar.

Submit.

Your Trading212 account will be credited automatically without hassle.

NB: Google will charge you for each transaction.

Don't even bother funding with direct credit/debit card in Trading212 because it's not allowed for Nigerians.

I hope that helped.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
Yesterday was a nice day for TSLA and SOLO holders.

in fact I exited to early from SOLO with just 36% 3 days before yesterday major move. All the same, it wasn't all that bad after all. Hoping to re-enter again after a pullback.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by civilserva: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2020
millennium2012:
Greetings my people,

For those of you having problem funding your Trading212, the following should be done without going through Dom account opening:

Kindly link any of your credit/debit card to Google pay (pay.google.com) via your gmail account. It's that simple.

Choose Gpay

Add amount in dollar.

Submit.

Don't even bother funding with direct credit/debit card in Trading212 because it's not allowed for Nigerians.

I hope that helped.
Thanks but I want to ask if you can withdraw into Gpay as most organizations will want you to use the same method of deposit for redemption.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by NoTimeZone(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2020
millennium2012:
Greetings my people,

Choose Gpay

Add amount in dollar.

Submit.

I hope that helped.
There's no Google pay funding option for Nigerians on Trading 212.
Were you able to use Google pay on yours?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
Yes, it is the same mode of payment you can use for withdrawal. Remember your Credit/debit card is linked to your Gpay. It simply means once you withdraw with Gpay, it automatically enter into your bank account (Gpay account).

Unlike Skrill, Gpay is just a payment gateway, you cannot deposit money in it.

civilserva:

Thanks but I want to ask if you can withdraw into Gpay as most organizations will want you to use the same method of deposit for redemption.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2020
My brother, the last time I checked am still in Nigeria lol.

I guess you're trying to use the platform via mobile phone. You won't get Gpay Option through smartphone. Kindly use Laptop or desktop.
It will work.

NoTimeZone:
There's no Google pay funding option for Nigerians on Trading 212.
Were you able to use Google pay on yours?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Penboy: 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
Gurus.. Please are there disadvantages of buying fractional shares?
Or if one should just look for a whole share and buy?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by gamaliel9: 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2020
Penboy:
Gurus.. Please are there disadvantages of buying fractional shares?
Or if one should just look for a whole share and buy?

For me owning a fractional share is psychological...as if you belong. SAVE ENOUGH MONEY AND BUY FULL SHARE. If you gain one dollar, you see it and rejoice grin grin...you also get full dividend. and you can also buy with limit order instead of market order

Remember, buying fractional shares does not prevent these fintechs from collecting the FULL FEES.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by NoTimeZone(m): 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
millennium2012:
Yes, it is the same mode of payment you can use for withdrawal. Remember your Credit/debit card is linked to your Gpay. It simply means once you withdraw with Gpay, it automatically enter into your bank account (Gpay account).

Assuming I have multiple cards linked to my Gpay and I initiate a withdrawal, how will Trading212 deposit my funds?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
When you're withdrawing your fund, you will see options of all the cards link to your Gpay in Trading212. You just go ahead and choose one. It's that simple bro.

NoTimeZone:
Assuming I have multiple cards linked to my Gpay and I initiate a withdrawal, how will Trading212 deposit my funds?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 12:15am On Jul 04, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:
@YerYer or any other person that uses eToro here, I honestly don't understand their app/website, is it only meant for trading because I cannot find the typical BUY/SELL options?

Sorry for the late response. I don't use etoro but I've seen it recommended on this thread before. I believe horlajide answered your question.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 12:50am On Jul 04, 2020
mission08:

Yeryer, it's very nice to know you are also into cryp.to. Are you a hodler or trader? I got into cryp.to during the late 2017/2018 ATH and I was burnt cos I bought some worthless ICOs then. I've learnt my lessons though but I have not given up though. I held on to my position all through the long heart rendering bearish market....bad move though.....still holding till now ... gradually moving positions to projects with future prospects on the long run. Hoping the recent btc halving will bring about the much awaited bull run.

What's your take on the following picks: NE.O, EO.S, Ontology, Electro.neum, Xinfin, Hedera Hash.graph and Quant. It will be nice if you could please mention any project that is also worth following.

Thanks.

Apologies all for cross posting please...

I feel your pain. A lot of people got in during the ATH in 2017 and many were left holding the bag. I started buying bitcoin and the popular alts in 2013, then BTC was about $300 and I thought it was expensive for a virtual currency not back by any asset. I traded it then, and was surprisingly very good at predicting the price movements (you can check out my old posts).

Not to make this a long post, I'm basically a hodler now. I buy a small amount every month or when there's a huge selloff. Just like you, I got burnt buying into ICOs many of which became pump & dump schemes, but funny enough I still have some of those useless alts still sitting in my Binance wallet that I haven't checked in years. I cannot recommend any of the alts you mentioned as I haven't read their white papers or have forgotten what makes them unique. I bought Neo during the hype, I thought it was innovative but these days, I don't follow crypto news anymore but I still buy BTC. I also use BTC for remittance; when people in the US want to send money back home to naija, I'm able to offer them rates close to black market rates without any restrictions.

I will look into the alts you mentioned when I'm chanced, but I still think it's a good idea investing a small portion of your net worth into crypto as no one knows what will become of fiat money in the future.

8 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 1:12am On Jul 04, 2020
Tesla stock value to reach $2000 according to CNN.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by NoTimeZone(m): 3:35am On Jul 04, 2020
millennium2012:

One last question. Can family and friends living in the US of A send money to me here in Nigeria using Google Pay and if so, how?
Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 8:49am On Jul 04, 2020
Send money to friends or family

Note: This feature is only available in the US. For the US territories, this is supported only if the debit card was issued under a US-licensed bank. If you'd like to know in advance whether your payment to or from a US territory will go through, please check with your card issuing bank.

You can use Google Pay to send money to friends and family or to someone using their email address or phone number. Google Pay charges no fees.

https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7643913?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

NoTimeZone:
One last question. Can family and friends living in the US of A send money to me here in Nigeria using Google Pay and if so, how?
Thanks
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by NoTimeZone(m): 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
millennium2012:

Send money to friends or family

Note: This feature is only available in the US. For the US territories, this is supported only if the debit card was issued under a US-licensed bank. If you'd like to know in advance whether your payment to or from a US territory will go through, please check with your card issuing bank.

You can use Google Pay to send money to friends and family or to someone using their email address or phone number. Google Pay charges no fees.

https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7643913?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Thanks for your inputs, I was able to deposit this morning and I'm watching to make a move, can't wait to put all I've learned into action and this is still a learning process for me.

Gracias

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
Iamsoulomon:

No bro the 10% is only on Nigerian stock and the mark up is not a fee so it won’t show in the calculator... bamboo doesn’t

In the picture is what I’m talking about, the price below is what you get charged per share
What happens if you switch to limit order? I guess limit order will help you buy at the desired price.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2020
Wishing you many Green ahead bro. Glad to assist.

NoTimeZone:
Thanks for your inputs, I was able to deposit this morning and I'm watching to make a move, can't wait to put all I've learned into action and this is still a learning process for me.

Gracias
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bulespephilo(m): 8:01pm On Jul 04, 2020
millennium2012:
Greetings my people,

Choose Gpay

Add amount in dollar.

Submit.

I hope that helped.

Thanks a lot for this bro.
Please I'm having issues registering my card.
It keeps asking me to try another card.
Seems to be a problem many people face. If you did, how did you go pass that.

Tried downloading the app too but it says "not available in your region"

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by millennium2012: 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
Well, it may have to do with your financial institution, I remembered the first time I tried it with GTBBANK Mastercard, it kept saying card number incorrect. When I used Zenith Mastercard, it accepted without error.

My advice, if you have other Cards, try using it.

You can also contact GPay support for more info @ https://support.google.com/pay/?hl=en#topic=7625138

bulespephilo:

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by NoTimeZone(m): 7:34am On Jul 05, 2020
bulespephilo:

Zenith Bank's MasterCard and UBA's Visa Africard worked for me
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by bulespephilo(m): 9:39am On Jul 05, 2020
millennium2012:
Well, it may have to do with your financial institution, I remembered the first time I tried it with GTBBANK Mastercard, it kept saying card number incorrect. When I used Zenith Mastercard, it accepted without error.

My advice, if you have other Cards, try using it.

You can also contact GPay support for more info @ https://support.google.com/pay/?hl=en#topic=7625138

Alright. Mine is GTB too. Probably that's why. I'd try other alternatives.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by mission08: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2020
YerYer:

I feel your pain. A lot of people got in during the ATH in 2017 and many were left holding the bag. I started buying bitcoin and the popular alts in 2013, then BTC was about $300 and I thought it was expensive for a virtual currency not back by any asset. I traded it then, and was surprisingly very good at predicting the price movements (you can check out my old posts).

Not to make this a long post, I'm basically a hodler now. I buy a small amount every month or when there's a huge selloff. Just like you, I got burnt buying into ICOs many of which became pump & dump schemes, but funny enough I still have some of those useless alts still sitting in my Binance wallet that I haven't checked in years. I cannot recommend any of the alts you mentioned as I haven't read their white papers or have forgotten what makes them unique. I bought Neo during the hype, I thought it was innovative but these days, I don't follow crypto news anymore but I still buy BTC. I also use BTC for remittance; when people in the US want to send money back home to naija, I'm able to offer them rates close to black market rates without any restrictions.

I will look into the alts you mentioned when I'm chanced, but I still think it's a good idea investing a small portion of your net worth into crypto as no one knows what will become of fiat money in the future.

Many thanks for your response which is highly appreciated.

Wow, you got into crypto quite early. I also still have most of those ICOs in myetherwallet. I checked the wallet a couple of months ago and I was heartbroken seeing their worthlessness. Just keeping them incase they pump. Floating ICOs was just a gateway to free money and unfortunately many of us fell for it.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by czarmide(m): 11:44am On Jul 05, 2020
Hello guys good morning. I need a little clarification on using troves or any other apps that you guys are using to buy us stock.I am a long term investor on NSE and I am used to the dividend paying stock.If I buy dividend stock on NYSE through troves and hold how will I claim my dividend.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:09pm On Jul 05, 2020
czarmide:
Hello guys good morning. I need a little clarification on using troves or any other apps that you guys are using to buy us stock.I am a long term investor on NSE and I am used to the dividend paying stock.If I buy dividend stock on NYSE through troves and hold how will I claim my dividend.

Your dividend will be credited to your trading account promptly.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
mission08:

Hi Oakpeal, many thanks for this heads up.

I saw this post yesterday morning and I quickly did some research on EV stocks. My quick search lead me to Electrameccanica Vehicle (SOLO) among other viable stocks also considering the fact that it is a small cap stock. With the information I read, it seems quite promising and I bought a few number of shares. Between yesterday and today, I'm up 59.5%. Although I don't know what brought about this huge increase but I'm glad I didnt delay when I saw Oakpeal's post.

Dear Mission08,
It is heart warming and feels very gratifying that you have acted on this tip already and most satisfying is the fact you did your due diligence.

Very pleased with your win as it validates the whole essence of this forum.

Let me also clarify that short or long term, this sector will pull in profits (like you have just done) if careful picks are made; and my ultimate focus will be long term.
EV has come to stay and will make the patient who have foresight tonnes of money.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
victor175:

Please which App can I use to buy Tesla stocks? (Funding with bitcoin, if possible)

I bought with Trove.
You can buy with any of Trove, Chaka or Bamboo.
Do your findings on which of them best suits your preference.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
Pesb:

We are ready.

Thanks for pointing this out sir.

Anytime bro.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
tvcatch15:

Pls can u list any of these stock

Sorry it's been a very tight week, but will start dropping them this week.
Saw that some made gains already last week.
But not to worry, the aim is huge long term profits that will make any recent gain child's play.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (429) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.