Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (608559 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (429) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2020
God bless
OakPearl:

Your picks are solid.
You see that Apple? It is another "time bomb" waiting to explode into the $1,000 region.
People no go see am now, or them fit think say e too cost.
I have responded to your NIO enquiry earlier. They are utilizing their $1bn facility very well and sales are doing great. Q3 report will make it fly.
BUY sir.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2020
Skymoore1004:
What do you think of Boeing & fedex?

Boeing will do okay when flights resume fully, but as expected from all airlines, their half year to 3rd quarter reports will be poor and may shake their prices. But it will go past $200 in the short term. It is understandably still far from its 52 weeks high of over $300.

Fedex I expect to do great overall as all major delivery companies had their hands full through out the pandemic.

It all depends on what your strategy for them is.
If short term, you need to be cautious.
If mid to long term, they will be great additions to your portfolio.
Na so I go buy Overstock $14.35 on May 6th, sell am $26.04 on June 26th dey feel cool.
My brother, the matter rocket immediately after I sell to $39.16 as at yesterday...now I dey find who to blame!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2020
Novavax $79.44 has been awarded $1.6bn by the US government for development and manufacturing of a Covid-19 vaccine.
This one will tear today.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Alaska90(m): 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2020
OakPearl:
Novavax $79.44 has been awarded $1.6bn by the US government for development and manufacturing of a Covid-19 vaccine.

Already $108 pre market .....

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2020
True mehn
I go buy am grin grin
OakPearl:

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
Skymoore1004:
True mehn
I go buy am grin grin

Exercise caution though...if they allow you board the bus on time it will be cool for a short ride. grin

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Multiplier7(m): 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2020
OakPearl:

Exercise caution though...if they allow you board the bus on time it will be cool for a short ride. grin
Pls what do they mean by this? Attachment below. Which one dk recommend I go with. Thanks

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
Multiplier7:
Pls what do they mean by this? Attachment below. Which one dk recommend I go with. Thanks

1. That you can now fund your Trove account and start trading.
2. Your US stock trading account is domiciled with DriveWealth LLC, a US licensed broker.
3. Your Nigerian stock trading account is domiciled with ARM (Assets & Resources Management), a Nigerian broker.
4. If you want your Nigerian trading account to be managed directly, they are asking that you contact them.

2 and 3 above is so because trading in any stock exchange around the world must be done by licensed stock brokers and Trove is a Fintech that helps investors trade in global stocks where the investor being a non-resident, may not be eligible to deal directly with a broker in the Exchange he/she wants to trade.

This is why it is more expensive in fees charged if you trade domestic stocks through fintech apps vs if you trade through a broker for Nigerian stocks.
Just go ahead and start investing in the US market as that is the main reason you have registered with them.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Multiplier7(m): 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2020
OakPearl:

1. That you can now fund your Trove account and start trading.
2. Your US stock trading account is domiciled with DriveWealth LLC, a US licensed broker.
3. Your Nigerian stock trading account is domiciled with ARM (Assets & Resources Management), a Nigerian broker.
4. If you want your Nigerian trading account to be managed directly, they are asking that you contact them.

2 and 3 above is so because trading in any stock exchange around the world must be done by licensed stock brokers and Trove is a Fintech that helps investors trade in global stocks where the investor being a non-resident, may not be eligible to deal directly with a broker in the Exchange he/she wants to trade.

This is why it is more expensive in fees charged if you trade domestic stocks through fintech apps vs if you trade through a broker for Nigerian stocks.
Just go ahead and start investing in the US market as that is the main reason you have registered with them.
OK Sir! What do I do? Leave it the way it is? Because I want to use Trove for US stocks only
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 3:42pm On Jul 07, 2020
OakPearl:

Your picks are solid.
You see that Apple? It is another "time bomb" waiting to explode into the $1,000 region.
People no go see am now, or them fit think say e too cost.
I have responded to your NIO enquiry earlier. They are utilizing their $1bn facility very well and sales are doing great. Q3 report will make it fly.
BUY sir.

Apple and Microsoft are on my list of stocks I want to buy and leave forever, what do you think oak pearl?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by akinssan(m): 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2020
gamaliel9:
Those connected to Chaka management here, please tell them that we need the following stocks in their platform

GNUS, WKHS, IDEX, APT, CIDM, SINT, BYFC, UONE, VXRT

THESE STOCKS ARE BLOOD MONEY OOOO

I AM ENJOYING SOLO FROM THEM....

Need the bolded seriously... cool

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by CuteRedd(f): 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2020
akinssan:

buy on trading 212
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
akinssan:

Most are pump and dumps however, the three of them have aggressively reversed.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2020
Multiplier7:
OK Sir! What do I do? Leave it the way it is? Because I want to use Trove for US stocks only
Leave it the way it is. However, change it to the individual domestic account whenever you change your mind to use your account to trade on the NSE so that you can be assigned a CSCS number and a CHN.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by seyisanya(m): 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2020
YerYer:

Based on that rational, I looked up if OIN or NOI were real stock symbols so I can buy the stock now, I was highly disappointed cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2020
Multiplier7:

That's it.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Aquilapriscilla: 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2020
Hello Fam,Please on what platform is this NIO stock located ?I can't find it on bamboo..
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2020
ebuka1997:

Apple and Microsoft are on my list of stocks I want to buy and leave forever, what do you think oak pearl?

Am doing the same.
You can't go wrong on those stocks long term.

Microsoft is beginning to be more innovative and not behave like it has seen it all. I bought my first tranch at $181.33 on May 29th this year.

Apple remains a goldmine waiting to be celebrated. I bought my first tranch at $299.98 on February 25th this year.
Do you know that Google pays Apple about $8 billion every year to be the default search engine on iPhones and other Apple devices?

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
ebuka1997:

Na their way.
Lolz @aggressively reversed. grin
I hope innocent people don't get caught in the cross-fire though.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2020
YerYer:

Based on that rational, I looked up if OIN or NOI were real stock symbols so I can buy the stock now, I was highly disappointed cheesy

A second look at this your hilarious conclusion as Oga Seyisanya laughed about it drew my attention to something that looks like this theory in my last post on 5 EV stocks.
NIU. grin
It has moved from $15 when I posted it the day before yesterday to around $22.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2020
OakPearl:

Na their way.

It's normal. Somebody must bury the carcass.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by horlajide: 9:35pm On Jul 07, 2020
Aquilapriscilla:
Hello Fam,Please on what platform is this NIO stock located ?I can't find it on bamboo..
It is..Open your app and search “NIO inc”. Scroll through

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Multiplier7(m): 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2020
OakPearl:

That's it.
Thanks so much baba
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Multiplier7(m): 10:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
seyisanya:
Leave it the way it is. However, change it to the individual domestic account whenever you change your mind to use your account to trade on the NSE so that you can be assigned a CSCS number and a CHN.
Thank you so much...I really appreciate
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by SixSigma1(m): 12:03am On Jul 08, 2020
4Play:

The problem is very few people, not even professional investors, have a chance of knowing beforehand what stocks will prove to be a success. There is a lot of hindsight bias1 amongst investors - we look at a stock that exploded and conclude that we ''shoulda woulda coulda'' bought the stock and held on till we reaped loadsa money and that we will find the next bonanza stock(s). The reality is most stocks are duds over the long run so your chances of finding that great stock and holding on to it, as it rises and falls, are fairly slim.

And it's not even about buying a growth industry stock like Tesla and NKLA with electric vehicles or Beyond Meat with artificial meat. An industry can be a success but most of the individual stocks within that industry can be widow makers. Think of the tech bubble that started in the 1990s and remember names like Blackberry, Motorola, Nokia, Yahoo.com, Palm (of Palm Pilot fame) etc. These companies operated in industries that were eventual successes but the stocks, like most stocks, proved disappointing.

So, once again, my message is investors shouldn't overestimate their stock picking skills or fall foul of overconfidence bias.2 Obviously, in this environment where stocks are generally on the rise, most people might start letting their guards down. My stance remains that most people are safer just choosing indices. If you feel you are skilled enough to pick the right stocks, be prepared to lose or to experience average/mediocre returns over the long-run (over the course of years). Yes, there are anecdotes about investors/traders experiencing stunning successes but, like a lot of things in life, those are the exceptional cases and not the norm. Preaching moderation/caution to people on this thread might feel like preaching chastity to punters in a brothel but someone has to do it!

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/hindsight-bias.asp

https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/knowledge/trading-investing/overconfidence-bias/

I read all the comments being posted on this thread daily, but I have never commented on the thread myself. I must tell you that everything you stated here is so on point. Well said bro!

How I wished that I could like this your comment one million times!

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Aquilapriscilla: 10:32am On Jul 08, 2020
horlajide:

It is..Open your app and search “NIO inc”. Scroll through
Thank you
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by akinssan(m): 10:38am On Jul 08, 2020
ebuka1997:

There is room for P&grin.....JIJO tinz... cool
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Skymoore1004: 10:41am On Jul 08, 2020
Can’t wait for Tesla to reach $2,000
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 11:03am On Jul 08, 2020
OakPearl:

Na their way.

It would still reverse tho as EVs are in a bubble now but it’s people that bought at the absolute top and got scared and sold that I pity, they dashed their money to the market grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 11:05am On Jul 08, 2020
akinssan:

There is room for P&grin.....JIJO tinz... cool

Advanced jijo shocked I managed to catch a 50% runner yesterday, immediately I sold I checked and saw it had dropped 30%
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 11:16am On Jul 08, 2020
OakPearl:

Am doing the same.
You can't go wrong on those stocks long term.

Microsoft is beginning to be more innovative and not behave like it has seen it all. I bought my first tranch at $181.33 on May 29th this year.

Apple remains a goldmine waiting to be celebrated. I bought my first tranch at $299.98 on February 25th this year.
Do you know that Google pays Apple about $8 billion every year to be the default search engine on iPhones and other Apple devices?

I feel Microsoft is undervalued, 10b profit in q1 from 35b revenue, nice profit margin... the highest among the big boys, their fingers are in many pies and very diversified unlike say Netflix. These big boys have different ways of making cash, just found out LinkedIn was under Microsoft
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
ebuka1997:

I feel Microsoft is undervalued, 10b profit in q1 from 35b revenue, nice profit margin... the highest among the big boys, their fingers are in many pies and very diversified unlike say Netflix. These big boys have different ways of making cash, just found out LinkedIn was under Microsoft

Honestly.
Stocks like this eventually gets the attention of the investing public and soars.
But they need to prove they are ready to compete and innovate like today's high flyers.

Eg. with all the opinions (including Elon Musk's voiced out comment weeks back) about Tesla being overvalued, it is still rising.
The rise may appear unjustified, but people invest for many diverse reasons.
It could crash or pull back any time as the market never moves in a straight line, but what will sustain or stabilize the price depends on what the company is doing to remain competitive.
They have concluded plans to buy their own lithium mine.
That's a very vital component of EV that eats deep into operating costs in the industry because the batteries that powers these vehicles are made of lithium.
Such bold and daring move is what makes Elon/Tesla tic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (429) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.