Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US (36231 Views)

Be Ready To “replace” Returned $300m Abacha Loot If Misused, US Tells Buhari / $322m Abacha Loot: List Of States To Receive Cash In July / $322m Abacha Loot: FG Begins Cash Transfer To Poor Homes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 05, 2020
southsouthking:
I heard some abacha looted funds was recovered months to the Osun or ekiti state election i can,t even remember.
My question is what is the situation report of that money recovered?
The money shared to market women was abacha loots.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by Casekiller(m): 10:41am On Feb 05, 2020
USA has taken us for a joke shaa.
This is too much
This man should resign abeg
Haba
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by executive12: 10:41am On Feb 05, 2020
ChimaAgbalajob:
USA already knows the money will be stolen. Even biggar amounts have simply vanished into thin air under Buhari. Where is the $1 billion re-equip the army to defeat Boko Haram?

This money will also disappear. Nigerians won't even know when it's paid into Buhari's "pederation" account.

Nobody is even talking about that $1b anymore.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by Seunpaul01(m): 10:44am On Feb 05, 2020
GenBuhari:
Imagine! How can a thief be giving conditions to owner before returning owners property?

You are very wrong if you are referring to US as the thief in this post of yours. It's far from relevance.

Abacha was the thief while US was the box - rather, we use bank, the thief hid his money.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by executive12: 10:44am On Feb 05, 2020
Sirjamo:
Buhari has seen it all in public service. He was a minister, governor, GOC, head of state, PTF chairman and Two term civilian President. If he's a thief and he stole public monies in his over forty years as public servant, how come even a local government chairman is richer than him? Where are his mansions, private jets, oil Wells, expensive cars, companies, shares that almost all ex Nigerian presidents and other politicians have

Gullible Nigerians are never in short supply.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by Dagger79(m): 10:45am On Feb 05, 2020
111 billion naira oooo
these guy dey vexx ooo
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by MikeBetty(m): 10:45am On Feb 05, 2020
Adesina Abi Garba Shehu, Did You Now See How US Is Policing Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by Forumobserver12(m): 10:45am On Feb 05, 2020
XANDERBOY85:
This US govt don’t know the type of bigoted and crafty crooks they’re dealing with! It’s very easy to claim the money has been sunk into those three projects and they’ll go behind their backs and use it for something else....or pump most of it into one or two regions while giving a pittance to the third!

Anytime they want to talk of projects in the south-east, it’s always second Niger bridge...second Niger bridge! That’s their ‘get-out-of-jail’ card when asked what they’re doing in the south-east! Very easy to claim billions upon billions is being spent on this bridge...money from SWF...money from Abacha loot....money GEJ admin’ paid as gov’t counterpart funds....all into second Niger bridge that will be tolled by Julius Berger!

Funny enough they are yet to make public the total cost of the unending Second Niger Bridge...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by executive12: 10:51am On Feb 05, 2020
I888:
you don't get it do you. The account that money will be placed will be monitored by the US. Which means they can't steal it. I wish previous ones were given such condition before we hear they were used to feed the poor like one useless pastor said.

Yeah right. I guess you don't know how Nigerians steal Government money. The contracts will obviously be inflated. The contractor will pay the officials the agreed amount. Do think America will be monitoring the Bank accounts of all Nigerians? In fact, most of the contracts will be executed by companies that are fronting for same officials.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by southsouthking(m): 10:55am On Feb 05, 2020
dorothy111:

The money shared to market women was abacha loots.
Do you mean the traders money?
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by ojaysam25(m): 10:55am On Feb 05, 2020
so US are now dictating for us on how to use our own money...
smh
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 05, 2020
southsouthking:

Do you mean the traders money?
https://www.bbc.com › news
'Abacha loot' to be given to poor Nigerians - BBC News - BBC.com

Shared to the poor obviously.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by davidas101(m): 11:02am On Feb 05, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Just look at the manner the United States is addressing the giant of Africa like we are some wayward college kids

Bro, let's admit it, Nigeria is that bad, we're probably not good enough to rule ourselves, maybe of USA or UK controlled our affairs our country will be much better.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by joefelin2345: 11:06am On Feb 05, 2020
America should have used the loot to build a good hospital in Nigeria instead of realising it to these people .They are the same more so that the Govt. had earlier exonorated Abacha from looting .
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by Longman8: 11:13am On Feb 05, 2020
Nigeria funny eh. Abacha looted money will be repatriated back to Nigeria, then shared among people who facilitated the repratriation. At the end of it all nothing is left.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by djoey89: 11:24am On Feb 05, 2020
What a shame on this buhari lead govt, with the so called bastardised "corruption fighting" mantra, USA know they would loot it. I am tired of Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by Damsman10(m): 11:29am On Feb 05, 2020
GenBuhari:
Imagine! How can a thief be giving conditions to owner before returning owners property?
When thief 1 sabi say the person claiming to be owner na armed robber. You go fear fear.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 05, 2020
Welcome to Nigeria in which abacha would have still become democratic elected president if he was still alive.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:39am On Feb 05, 2020
Sirjamo:
Buhari has seen it all in public service. He was a minister, governor, GOC, head of state, PTF chairman and Two term civilian President. If he's a thief and he stole public monies in his over forty years as public servant, how come even a local government chairman is richer than him? Where are his mansions, private jets, oil Wells, expensive cars, companies, shares that almost all ex Nigerian presidents and other politicians have
Mansions: Abuja, Kaduna, Daura etc
Private jet: Name one other former President that has one
Oil well: Name one other former president that has one
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by ezra1990: 11:45am On Feb 05, 2020
Beremx:
America una mumu o!

Why not just get account numbers of Nigerians and share the money? What's so difficult in that? grin
....seconded by me.....just imagine dat possibility grin
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by fabienjoe: 11:47am On Feb 05, 2020
mu2sa2:
"Do funds stolen from Nigeria adversely affect the living standard of the Americans? No" - This is subjective. Stolen funds( we're talking of billions of dollars here)stashed away in western countries oil their economy and that's why they make it difficult to get these monies back. And even if you manage to get extradition agreement, you'll find it screwed in favour of the country releasing the fund (e.g by releasing the money in tranches over a lond period of time or tying it to projects awarded to companies linked to those countries). Stolen funds kept in US benefit US economy in a big way.
Of course it's good for their econony. It does not affect them adversely so there's little incentive to deal with it. And they are right. It's our problem and we must deal with it from here..But Nigerians would inexplicably deify the thieves at home and blame the receving country..
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by DonroxyII: 11:47am On Feb 05, 2020
References:

https://punchng.com/nigeria-must-repay-abacha-loot-if-its-stolen-again-us/
Mtchewww, it's quite unfortunate.... Oyinbos will have to beg us to spend our money wisely, they have to attach that clause ... kai, this generation have failed the future generation just like past generations failed the present.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by southsouthking(m): 11:48am On Feb 05, 2020
dorothy111:

https://www.bbc.com › news
'Abacha loot' to be given to poor Nigerians - BBC News - BBC.com

Shared to the poor obviously.

In the whole of my community or rather my state, no dime of Abacha loot was shared.

You have evidence it was truly shared among the poor?
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by ezra1990: 11:49am On Feb 05, 2020
But come to think of it........maybe abacha foresaw recession n decided to save the money for the rainy days.....so let's not blame him entirely..... Is someone with me grin
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by eguarojeona: 11:53am On Feb 05, 2020
We should be ashamed really.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by NaijaHeadlines: 12:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hmm..
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by erayo2GCA(m): 12:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
GenBuhari:
. Thief how
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by erayo2GCA(m): 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
Sirjamo:

Name the local government chairman who’s richer than BUHARI
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by tribalistseun: 12:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
GenBuhari:
buhari and his 40 thieves can't steal this one too
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2020
southsouthking:

In the whole of my community or rather my state, no dime of Abacha loot was shared.

You have evidence it was truly shared among the poor?
Why are you asking me? I resemble Adesina? I didn't vote for Bubu. Direct your question to people that voted for APC.
I voted sowore.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by benobyeze(m): 12:41pm On Feb 05, 2020
Abacha is no more. Why fight a dead person? The real criminals are there mis-informing us.
Re: Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US by einsteine(m): 12:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
Beremx:
America una mumu o!

Why not just get account numbers of Nigerians and share the money? What's so difficult in that? grin

And each person would get maybe 500 naira each. Not worth it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sadiq Yusuf, Precious Nwakacha Slain Greenfield University Students Identified / Hardship: Perform Your Lagos Miracles - Solomon Dalung Taunts Tinubu / Is Wole Olanipekun The Best Lawyer In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.