Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? (34586 Views)

Ebeano Supermarket: CCTV Captures A Lady Turning On A Gas Cooker (Video) / How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? / Complete Business Plan For Cooking Gas Refill Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Vloml222(f): 8:59am On Feb 06, 2020
It's more than enough oooo,but still need like 50k for registration as to avoid harassment from union.....you have to learn from someone like a week...you good to go..
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Thescienceprof(m): 9:03am On Feb 06, 2020
just4kelvin:

I can help u with a mini plant (skid) if u are truly interested. send me a private message.

The guy has 150k and you're talking about skid. Fear God na
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Thescienceprof(m): 9:05am On Feb 06, 2020
gabazin080:
I have a big shop in front of my house and I will like to know if if 150k is enough to start a gas refill business. I will also like to know the requirements and how to go about it plus how profitable the business is.

also thinking of selling gas cylinder and burners. help a bro please

If you don't mind starting very small.
Let me give you a break down.
1. You will buy a fire extinguisher #6500
2. You will need at least 4 units of 50kg cylinder. each costs an average of #35K. That's #140k
3. A scale for dispensing costs between #13-#20k depending on brand.
4. Two holes and 2 regulators (one for standard cylinders and one for the smaller cylinders). approximately #5k
5. Depending on the state you want to operate from, you will be required to pay a fee to the state Fire service. Here in Oyo state, it is #11k renewable at #2500 per annum. A certificate of operation will be issued to you.
6. You can earmark another #30k for sale of accessories and small cylinders. I bet, there is more profit on the sale of these accessories than the gas itself
7. Please, try to spend like another #30k on Industrial gas burners; 1 unit of double and 1 unit of single. people rent them on weekends for events. The double one is rented@ #2k while the single is rented @ #1k.
8. You will need a carpenter to make shelf for you in the shop and another stand outside the shop to display accessories. That should not cost more than 20k.

In summary, 150k won't be sufficient. You would need at least 250k as start up capital, if you add up what I've put up there together.
Good luck.

PS: The business is a very lucrative one if you know your way around it. Meanwhile, I do it as a side hustle since I have a regular 9-5 job. I just trained a sales boy that I pay 10k to as salary

You will also need to fill the bottles with gas; that's 11k per 50kg bottle. you don't have to fill all four bottles at once if you don't have enough.
By and large bro, you are looking at 300k

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by korban3134(m): 9:25am On Feb 06, 2020
Jaeljael:

1) First, go and do internship with someone that is skilled in the business.

Since this bro has given you the template let me give you the costing.(you can learn this business in a day, there is no special skill unless you want to repair which is also simple)
I will be giving the prices of all the materials you need. Note there are two locations in which is the best bet to get this materials, Alaba international and Oshodi Arena. ( I learnt they sell in mushin but I've not verified their price). Alaba is the best bet because it's cheaper. Note Oshodi sellers buy from Alaba.
Price in Alaba(A) and Oshodi(O)

50kg cylinder. (A) 27k-29k (O) 30k-32k
Fillers depending on the size (A) it varies on quality 5k is better but u will see for N2500. (O). 7k and 4k respectively.
Electronic scale (toma is better) (A) 26k -29k. Note don't buy those once of 18k
,don't even buy manual scale, customers don't trust it.
It's advisable to start with at least two 50kg bottles (as a dealer you wouldn't be calling them cylinders, they are bottles).
Other minor things go to those market and verify them your self don't trust what you see online (lazy Nigerian youth). I'm running late I would given you the costing of everything from both markets, but go yourself.
As per if 150k is going to be ok? If your shop rent is not part of the 150k it's might (which I doubt).
Note you need to buy the content (gas) from that same 150k hmmmm!
Content is N210-N225 here where am doing my biz, and we sell 280-300 per kg.
So you need about N10500 -11k + to fill a bottle. Profit is between 2500-3k.
It's a very profitable biz if you are serious. (I've tired.) God bless you real big

@op this is how genuine people reply...not by asking you for phone number

3 Likes

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by korban3134(m): 9:28am On Feb 06, 2020
Jaeljael:

1) First, go and do internship with someone that is skilled in the business.

Since this bro has given you the template let me give you the costing.(you can learn this business in a day, there is no special skill unless you want to repair which is also simple)
I will be giving the prices of all the materials you need. Note there are two locations in which is the best bet to get this materials, Alaba international and Oshodi Arena. ( I learnt they sell in mushin but I've not verified their price). Alaba is the best bet because it's cheaper. Note Oshodi sellers buy from Alaba.
Price in Alaba(A) and Oshodi(O)

50kg cylinder. (A) 27k-29k (O) 30k-32k
Fillers depending on the size (A) it varies on quality 5k is better but u will see for N2500. (O). 7k and 4k respectively.
Electronic scale (toma is better) (A) 26k -29k. Note don't buy those once of 18k
,don't even buy manual scale, customers don't trust it.
It's advisable to start with at least two 50kg bottles (as a dealer you wouldn't be calling them cylinders, they are bottles).
Other minor things go to those market and verify them your self don't trust what you see online (lazy Nigerian youth). I'm running late I would given you the costing of everything from both markets, but go yourself.
As per if 150k is going to be ok? If your shop rent is not part of the 150k it's might (which I doubt).
Note you need to buy the content (gas) from that same 150k hmmmm!
Content is N210-N225 here where am doing my biz, and we sell 280-300 per kg.
So you need about N10500 -11k + to fill a bottle. Profit is between 2500-3k.
It's a very profitable biz if you are serious. (I've tired.) God bless you real big

@op this is how genuine people reply...not by asking you for phone number

Thanks for the info guys
@Jaeljael
@Thescienceprof
@bobbiiee

1 Like

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by peterock100: 9:28am On Feb 06, 2020
olaboy33:
Safety first.

Consider safety in your business plan, Get fire extinguishers, look at the shop surrounding if there is no one dealing with naked fire.

Don't be lazy to invest in safety if not, you're investing in death.

Also, for posterity sake, don't adjust your meters to gain more profit. You can even start a POS withdrawal and deposit business in the same location. Check online for Opay, you can get free POS machine from them.

I know a family who survive just on this 2-in-1 business.

You geh sense she

1 Like

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by peterock100: 9:29am On Feb 06, 2020
Smellingrillmea:

Buy lapi

Please what do you mean by lapi?
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by laborious(m): 10:45am On Feb 06, 2020
sonofanarchy:
what will it take you to post it here? you are planning of scamming the op
stay out of my way oh ye son of anarchy
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by sonofanarchy(m): 10:59am On Feb 06, 2020
laborious:
stay out of my way oh ye son of anarchy
I bind you oh ye laborious scammer
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Ormorlehwah(f): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2020
olaboy33:
Safety first.

You can even start a POS withdrawal and deposit business in the same location. Check online for Opay, you can get free POS machine from them.

Can you please tell me more about this Opay
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Treasure17(m): 11:52am On Feb 06, 2020
Thescienceprof:
If you don't mind starting very small.
Let me give you a break down.
1. You will buy a fire extinguisher #6500
2. You will need at least 4 units of 50kg cylinder. each costs an average of #35K. That's #140k
3. A scale for dispensing costs between #13-#20k depending on brand.
4. Two holes and 2 regulators (one for standard cylinders and one for the smaller cylinders). approximately #5k
5. Depending on the state you want to operate from, you will be required to pay a fee to the state Fire service. Here in Oyo state, it is #11k renewable at #2500 per annum. A certificate of operation will be issued to you.
6. You can earmark another #30k for sale of accessories and small cylinders. I bet, there is more profit on the sale of these accessories than the gas itself
7. Please, try to spend like another #30k on Indusrial gas burners; 1 unit of double and 1 unit of single. people rent them on weekends for events. The double one is rented@ #2k while the single is rented @ #1k.
8. You will need a carpenter to make shelf for you in the shop and another stand outside the shop to display accessories. That should not cost more than 20k.

In summary, 150k won't be sufficient. You would need at least 250k as start up capital, if you add up what I've put up there together.
Good luck.

PS: The business is a very lucrative one if you know your way around it. Meanwhile, I do it as a side hustle since I have a regular 9-5 job. I just trained a sales boy that I pay 10k to as salary

You will also need to fill the bottles with gas; that's 11k per 50kg bottle. you don't have to fill all four bottles at once if you don't have enough.
By and large bro, you are looking at 300k
I appreciate your analysis. Wants to major on gas accessories, cylinders inclusive cause refilling is everywhere now. Would 250k be enough? and where to get the best ones in Lagos?? Thanks.
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Bbnnaji(f): 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
Contact us for your business logo, business card etc we also create business page and targeted ads. Don't be left out take your business digital and thank us later. BLIZZ DESIGNS

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by omakay(m): 12:13pm On Feb 06, 2020
olaboy33:
Safety first.

Consider safety in your business plan, Get fire extinguishers, look at the shop surrounding if there is no one dealing with naked fire.

Don't be lazy to invest in safety if not, you're investing in death.

Also, for posterity sake, don't adjust your meters to gain more profit. You can even start a POS withdrawal and deposit business in the same location. Check online for Opay, you can get free POS machine from them.

I know a family who survive just on this 2-in-1 business.

Are you for real?

An inflammable product enclosed in a highly pressurized cylinder that can gather more pressure in an uncontrolled environment.

A Point-Of-Sale terminal machine that uses a sim that communicates with the nearest telemast using near invisible laser rays.

Okay ooooooo......

The two scenarios above playing out in the same enclosed environment (most shops where gas is being sold are poorly ventilated).

The same reason why we are advised to switch off our mobile tele-devices at fuel stations.

Oga O.P.....

No be all hustle be hustle oooooo....

If you cannot source for funds to open a standard gas filling station, then find some other capital venture to sink your funds into.

150k......... You never even buy the smallest piece of land for any business area for Nigeria.

Not to talk of all the standard structures and equipment needed .

And to think that a lot of folks here are even encouraging him sef shows the level of 'learned helplessness' that exists in this country of ours.

1 Like

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Thescienceprof(m): 12:48pm On Feb 06, 2020
Treasure17:

I appreciate your analysis. Wants to major on gas accessories, cylinders inclusive cause refilling is everywhere now. Would 250k be enough? and where to get the best ones in Lagos?? Thanks.

Bros, forget say gas filling is everywhere o. You will still make your own money o.
There are so many of us within my neighbourhood; i still make my money wella.
Just understand your kind of customer and their needs. Also be very honest in what you sell to them.

As per 250K, you're good to go.
But I take God beg you, don't just specialize in accessories with that capital. People who come to fill gas in your shop are the ones who will be discussing the problems they are having with their gas burners and cylinders, and that's what you will leverage on to sell accessories to them. If you don't sell gas, they won't have reason to visit your shop let alone discuss their gas problems with you. That's my experience on the field.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by saintruky(m): 1:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
Smellingrillmea:

Buy lapi

Buy Lapi for gas plant business?
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by seunadeolu(m): 1:47pm On Feb 06, 2020
Cutezt:
As long as you have a shop, it should be just enough, but safety is very vital, you can't survive all these years and suddenly die from a gas explosion.

We are a Video Production agency based in Lagos.

Let us give you that exquisite touch.
www.sflikz.com.ng

How much will it cost me for training?
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Altimatic27: 2:38pm On Feb 06, 2020
[quote author=gabazin080 post=86379964]I have a big shop in front of my house and I will like to know if if 150k is enough to start a gas refill business. I will also like to know the requirements and how to go about it plus how profitable the business is.

also thinking of selling gas cylinder and burners. help a bro please[/quote

I dont think 150 is enough to start any business in Nigeria
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Treasure17(m): 3:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
Thescienceprof:

Bros, forget say gas filling is everywhere o. You will still make your own money o.
There are so many of us within my neighbourhood; i still make my money wella.
Just understand your kind of customer and their needs. Also be very honest in what you sell to them.

As per 250K, you're good to go.
But I take God beg you, don't just specialize in accessories with that capital. People who come to fill gas in your shop are the ones who will be discussing the problems they are having with their gas burners and cylinders, and that's what you will leverage on to sell accessories to them. If you don't sell gas, they won't have reason to visit your shop let alone discuss their gas problems with you. That's my experience on the field.
Lol. Point taken. Thanks. Capital is not really the issue but the safety part.
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Teeklef(m): 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2020
seunadeolu:

How much will it cost me for training?
We need answers to this question pls�����
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by muhammedbilal(m): 6:53pm On Feb 06, 2020
Message on WhatsApp 09091604887 for your 5-30 odds. Give it a risk..from 80% tip source
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by gabazin080(m): 7:42pm On Feb 06, 2020
muhammedbilal:
Message on WhatsApp 09091604887 for your 5-30 odds. Give it a risk..from 80% tip source
u no get sense at all
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by muhammedbilal(m): 8:55pm On Feb 06, 2020
gabazin080:
u no get sense at all
i no get sense and you know get brain
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by just4kelvin(m): 9:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
Thescienceprof:

The guy has 150k and you're talking about skid. Fear God na

I didn't respond to the op, I responded to a user who talked about opening a mini plant. thanks.
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Teeklef(m): 6:40am On Feb 07, 2020
Hybeekay1759:
It would if you start small like this because I started this way too

Empty 50kg cylinder is 35k
Scaler 35k
Uc mouth original 11'700k
Inter change mouth 7.5k
Pipe 7yards. 1200
Screws and neck 300#
Filling right now is 10,700# 50kg retail price
3kg buy 3. 10k
6kg buy 3 17k
Burner is #800 per one buy 5 #4000

I hope I'm helpful

How much did you pay for training
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by lawboss: 12:26pm On Feb 07, 2020
gabazin080:
I have a big shop in front of my house and I will like to know if if 150k is enough to start a gas refill business. I will also like to know the requirements and how to go about it plus how profitable the business is.

Pls brother let me advice you base on the experience we had in Kaduna, that lead to the outright ban of retail gas filling in the state. As I am talking to you now I won't even live in the compound where they have a retail outlet. Now answering your question ....sir #150k can't and won't be enough to start up a retail business in case its allowed in the state where you are. Because, proper Safty measures may even eat up abt half of the money, n pls dnt manage when it come to that. No one shld bring excessive heat withing 20-30 meters of ur environment(can u b sure of that?). Pls take your time ,since u already have a space n look for a suitable buisnes and start or increase the money and carry out extensive Safty measure.
Here in kaduna six people where scatter in pieces and this are not only people that came to refill but adjacent shops going abt their lawful business. Flesh was thrown meters away, it was a terrible sight for people that went to witness the disaster. A prominent Nigerian that reached the table of the presidency was also killed because he was around to have a hair cut from his favourite Baber shop.
In summary, extensive Safty measures from a Safty expert is what u need first, n generously spend on it before even thinking of buying 1kg of gas. Thank you. May God bless the works of our hand. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by Yeecar(m): 11:49am On Feb 11, 2020
gabazin080:

Invest it in Mushroom cultivation business. Check my signature
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by IM0Y(m): 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2020
Hybeekay1759:
It would if you start small like this because I started this way too

Empty 50kg cylinder is 35k
Scaler 35k
Uc mouth original 11'700k
Inter change mouth 7.5k
Pipe 7yards. 1200
Screws and neck 300#
Filling right now is 10,700# 50kg retail price
3kg buy 3. 10k
6kg buy 3 17k
Burner is #800 per one buy 5 #4000

I hope I'm helpful

Pls where can I get all the listed equipment?
I sent you a mail, pls reply
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by danduchi(m): 1:26pm On Feb 12, 2020
IM0Y:

Pls where can I get all the listed equipment?
I sent you a mail, pls reply
all these things dey Kaduna.. I no go advise u to go into gas retail for Kaduna oo.. Probably another state. Gas retail has been ban in Kaduna and inspection dey on to catch illegal sellers
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by IM0Y(m): 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2020
danduchi:
all these things dey Kaduna.. I no go advise u to go into gas retail for Kaduna oo.. Probably another state. Gas retail has been ban in Kaduna and inspection dey on to catch illegal sellers
Na for Jos I plan to do am.
I don see better location
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by danduchi(m): 6:46pm On Feb 12, 2020
IM0Y:

Na for Jos I plan to do am.
I don see better location
ok
Re: Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? by dayjeee(m): 9:51am On Mar 08, 2020
For those doing the business in lagos, is it a must we join any association before starting operations?
And how do we get fire service clearance?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Urgent : Corporate Affairs Commission - Name Search And Incorporation / CBN Weakens Naira To 307/dollar For First Time (dailytrust) / How Much Does It Take To Start A Restaurant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.