Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion (16317 Views)

H.E. Atiku Of PDP Arrives CAN Hqtrs For Pally / Ize-Iyamu To Obaseki: Explain Whereabouts Of Your Commissioner Arrested Overseas / APC Expels Pally Iriase, House Of Rep. Deputy Chief Whip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by klax(m): 10:58am On Feb 05, 2020
torgod:
Former Deputy Whip of the House of Representatives, Rep. Pally Iriase on Tuesday asked Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state to account for the N250billion his administration collected as revenue in the last four years.

Iriase, who revealed this in a chat with journalists in Abuja, accused the Obaseki government of perpetrating a reign of jackboot politics instead of concentrating on delivering dividends of democracy to Edo people. 

The APC chieftain added that the N250 billion that had accrued to the state is based on figures obtained from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) and the Federal Ministry of Finance.

According to him, the figures shows that the Edo state government had received over N251billion in three years to November 2019, excluding deductions. This amount, he added does not include receipts  on account of Paris Club refunds, the several bail-out funds and other receipts like grants, loans and counterpart funds. 

Similarly, he explained that the figures do not also include funds of the 18 local governments usually annexed by the Edo state government. “Edo state has never had it so good in revenue receipts. In fact, since January 2018 to date, monthly revenues have been a low of over N7billion and a high of over N8billion each month.

“All we have on ground to show as the performance of the government are roads without drains and repainted primary schools.

“Against the backdrop of high earnings, secondary schools in the state lack teachers, health care services are in limbo, without infrastructure and inadequate manpower.

“In short the developmental masterplan of which Gov. Obaseki was a key contributor in desiging has been abandoned. We the Edo people are now suffering from arrested development,” the former secretary to the Edo state government asserted.

He maintained that instead of the governor to deliberately halt the ongoing plunder, he has resorted to jackboot methods to repress Edo state citizens from voicing out their frustrations and unhappiness with the goings on in the state.

“This is why it is only from Obaseki and his hirelings that we hear of the contrived crisis in Edo state.

“The problem a lot of us have with Gov. Obaseki is that of lackluster performance. The contrived crisis with Comrade Adams Oshiomhole is a ploy to divert attention from the government’s non-performance,” Iriase stated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/02/04/explain-how-you-spent-n251bn-iriase-asks-obaseki/amp/

I know Oshio chimpz and his crooks will ends up framing audio billion mismanaged or stolen by Obaseki so their farm tool called efcc will started using panadol for nothing but a hoax character destruction.

When ghey tried to pull you down and they cant the next thing is to create bogus amount so the jobless efcc will flex. So its today this hippo looking bollock remember N250 billion missing bah?
Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by Obiaksnews: 11:16am On Feb 05, 2020
I see like i said earlier, you definitely don't know what the state government is into, but your type are the very first to criticize without any idea of what they are talking about. I will speak on your points one after the other.

First talking about social infrastructure, The state governor Obaseki in his wisdom and people friendly policies created the Edo innovative programme, apart from just creating that platform, he also built a complex where young intellectuals can gather and learn more about the use of ICT and digital tools to earn a living, He also created the Edo jobs platform where young graduates in the state can go online to seek for jobs. i know this because the state government has a website for edojobs which is easily accessible online as well as a whatsapp group where available jobs are advertised. Also the state government also introduced the Alaghodaro submit where investors from all over Nigeria and outside Nigeria can come and see the business prospects available in the state, as well as to employ graduates who are qualified to work. Secondly talking about health care, do you know that the new central hospital which was built and commissioned by the last administration but has remained idle due to lack of equipment is now working due to the intervention of Obaseki ? Talking about security, if you stay in benin and you are not being bias you would have see the new fleet of cars with the tag "Wabaizighan" which were introduced by the state government to help tackle crime in the state, apart from creating the outfit, He also created a trust fund for it. here is a link if you need more information on that : https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/obaseki-unveils-security-architecture-trust-fund/ . And to quickly correct an error made by you, The Benin technical school renovated by the state government is not a primary school, but a technical college which trains students on vocational skills, also the Edo state polytechnic of recent was rated as the 5th best state owned polytechnic in the country due to intervention of the state government. Going forward, i would advise you please do proper research on government policies and activities happening around you and stop criticizing blindly. Below is evidence of one of the Edo jobs whatsapp groups created by the state government. Have a nice day.
emkz:

Have you heard of social infrastructure, have you heard of health infrastructure? Do you know that the health policy is a form of infrastructure? Do you also know that security is a form of infrastructure? They can be physical or in form of policy. Sorry, I am working now and won't be able to say much, but what is the government's business in owning and running a primary school? Most of the things you listed are things that should be handled by the local government. It's like saying patching a road is a state government project that should be celebrated. The state government should intervene when the project becomes too big for the local councils.

1 Like

Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by emkz: 11:25am On Feb 05, 2020
Obiaksnews:
I see like i said earlier, you definitely don't know what the state government is into, but your type are the very first to criticize without any idea of what they are talking about. I will speak on your points one after the other.

First talking about social infrastructure, The state governor Obaseki in his wisdom and people friendly policies created the Edo innovative programme, apart from just creating that platform, he also built a complex where young intellectuals can gather and learn more about the use of ICT and digital tools to earn a living, He also created the Edo jobs platform where young graduates in the state can go online to seek for jobs. i know this because the state government has a website for edojobs which is easily accessible online as well as a whatsapp group where available jobs are advertised. Also the state government also introduced the Alaghodaro submit where investors from all over Nigeria and outside Nigeria can come and see the business prospects available in the state, as well as to employ graduates who are qualified to work. Secondly talking about health care, do you know that the new central hospital which was built and commissioned by the last administration but has remained idle due to lack of equipment is now working due to the intervention of Obaseki ? Talking about security, if you stay in benin and you are not being bias you would have see the new fleet of cars with the tag "Wabaizighan" which were introduced by the state government to help tackle crime in the state, apart from creating the outfit, He also created a trust fund for it. here is a link if you need more information on that : https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/obaseki-unveils-security-architecture-trust-fund/ . And to quickly correct an error made by you, The Benin technical school renovated by the state government is not a primary school, but a technical college which trains students on vocational skills, also the Edo state polytechnic of recent was rated as the 5th best state owned polytechnic in the country due to intervention of the state government. Going forward, i would advise you please do proper research on government policies and activities happening around you and stop criticizing blindly. Below is evidence of one of the Edo jobs whatsapp groups created by the state government. Have a nice day.

So creating a platform where people can search for jobs by a state government is an achievement?

Okay, if that is your reasoning, you win. I give up that some of you are irredeemable.

2 Likes

Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by Ruggedpen: 11:28am On Feb 05, 2020
illitrate:
Billions upon Billions one day this country will not have a bottle of water to drink.
That man is useless he was chief whip when former Government received the same amount and still borrow away the future of the Edo people. He is afraid that their godfather is about to be dewings

Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by tonididdy(m): 11:28am On Feb 05, 2020
He's a blind bat if he can't see what the "wake and see" Governor has done and is doing.
Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by Obiaksnews: 11:33am On Feb 05, 2020
Rid yourself from the bias in your mind and you would realize that the platform is more than just where you go and search for jobs, as the Government through the platform provides constant trainings to empower the youth in the state. And yes, i won because i backed my assertions with concrete evidence. Back up your claims with evidence also and i might take you serious.
emkz:

So creating a platform where people can search for jobs[b] by a state government[/b] is an achievement?

Okay, if that is your reasoning, you win. I give up that some of you are irredeemable.
Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by Obiaksnews: 11:45am On Feb 05, 2020
Obiaksnews:

First talking about social infrastructure, The state governor Obaseki in his wisdom and people friendly policies created the Edo innovative programme, apart from just creating that platform, he also built a complex where young intellectuals can gather and learn more about the use of ICT and digital tools to earn a living, He also created the Edo jobs platform where young graduates in the state can go online to seek for jobs. i know this because the state government has a website for edojobs which is easily accessible online as well as a whatsapp group where available jobs are advertised. Also the state government also introduced the Alaghodaro submit where investors from all over Nigeria and outside Nigeria can come and see the business prospects available in the state, as well as to employ graduates who are qualified to work. Secondly talking about health care, do you know that the new central hospital which was built and commissioned by the last administration but has remained idle due to lack of equipment is now working due to the intervention of Obaseki ? Talking about security, if you stay in benin and you are not being bias you would have seen the new fleet of cars with the tag "Wabaizighan" which were introduced by the state government to help tackle crime in the state, apart from creating the outfit, He also created a trust fund for it. here is a link if you need more information on that : https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/obaseki-unveils-security-architecture-trust-fund/ . And to quickly correct an error made by you, The Benin technical school renovated by the state government is not a primary school, but a technical college which trains students on vocational skills, also the Edo state polytechnic of recent was rated as the 5th best state owned polytechnic in the country due to intervention of the state government. Going forward, i would advise you please do proper research on government policies and activities happening around you and stop criticizing blindly. Below is evidence of one of the Edo jobs whatsapp groups created by the state government. Have a nice day.
Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by AmukuFord: 12:11pm On Feb 05, 2020
First of all, Pally Iriase is not an APC chieftain cos he was boothed out when he seeks for re-election as a member of house rep by the same oshiomhole who replaced him with Julius Iyhovbere.
During Pally Iriase rein as member of house of representatives, he can't point to any project in the entire Owan west and east.
I think he is just looking for political relevance, thats why he was given a peanut to comment jargon.
Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by Hangulsaram: 2:54pm On Feb 05, 2020
Jack500:
It has started, Obaseki should know that he can't bite the fingers that feed him, and for the fact that he has the support of ipob youths he is destined to fail, all the people those guys support are condemmed to fail.

Anyway, let me enjoy the battle royal from the governor's house.
I hate the bolded, it always show men who has no mind of their own.
The obi, who Can never thought/yet to come to a reality that he is a man, even when he is.
Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by imokings: 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
No body should listen to this overfed man he is only playing cheap politics and he is looking for popularity. Obaseki has done relatively well more than any Governor the state has ever produced, they never thought that the man will work this way and people will like him the way it is today. I beg o by the way who did Pally help when he was a Rep member?
Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by zoedew: 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
If he were not a rabble rouser all the fellow needed to do was forward a petition to EFCC. For reasons that are fairly obvious you can be sure that it will be thoroughly investigated.
Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by esanmantruth: 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
Which finger feed Obaseki? The same Obaseki raise funds on his first and second tenure. If Oshiomole tell you the truth about Obaseki you will hate Oshiomole. I call Apc member to know the problem and he said noting more that Obaseki refuse to share government money giving to boys and elders. Who are they? The killers that support evil on Election Day.
Jack500:
It has started, Obaseki should know that he can't bite the fingers that feed him, and for the fact that he has the support of ipob youths he is destined to fail, all the people those guys support are condemmed to fail.

Anyway, let me enjoy the battle royal from the governor's house.
Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by ZooOga: 5:45pm On Feb 05, 2020
I thought as much. Every other day Osho dis and Osho dat coming out of his mouth to deflect from the heat of his alleged looting. Now it is out in the open.

The APC must deal with one of dere own promptly or this governor will boast and prance until immunity done finish just like the others convicted or being tried.

The constitution needs to be updated immediately on the immunity thing for seated politicians.
Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by babapressy(m): 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by Bundaweber: 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2020
Chai obaseki's special advisers on social media full here they misyarn. One dey mention security achitecture. angry angry angry angry Which security dey Edo state. Abi na wabaizigan wey me no know wetin them dey do expect to pack themselves full politician house. Abi na him go slow project wey we no say go turn to abandoned, abi na him match and pull or him serious lack of empathy. To gba ko to gba no. Would ghi gba . Them they talk about almost $1bn una dey talk of renovated buildings. Make him just go prepare him account books and defend himself. Make una wey be him special advisers they talk truth to am because from feelers wey me they get from Im party and from city, obaseki go carry last for primary as them go betray am at the last minute. If e decamp na that one go worst for am as him go come out distant third. Mark my words
Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by greggng: 1:11am On Feb 06, 2020
God in heaven hate injustice . in solving a problem you 've to look at the remote and immediate cause of the problem. I personally witnessed the effort of oshomole towards making obasaki the governor of Edo state. oshomole fought battle in various front to ensure obasaki came on board. is a shame obasaki out of desperation for second term is now trying to destroy the finger that Fed him. The Edo state crises started when obasaki decided to conduct a nuctunal inauguration which is strange to our laws. many law makers where not invited simply cos obasaki what's to choose the speaker of the house . We 've 3 arms of gov't ....,working independently and non is suppose to interfere with the activities of the others. obasaki decided to interfere ...This interference didn't go well with the law makers that were not invited for that illegal inauguration. ..They decided to stay away from the house as a way to ensure that illegality doesn't stand. in the first instance, they were elected to make laws not to break laws.

As this crises is going on , the national assembly investigated the matter and indicted obasaki and ask him to do the needful but instead he went to court ...all avenue of settling this matter , obasaki has frustrated.
Re: Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion by PHijo(m): 5:09am On Feb 06, 2020
post=86389742:

All the states in Nigeria are making a hell lot of money mehn, especially the Niger Delta States...(rightly so anyways)!
But the question is what are they doing with all the funds?

It is unfortunate that the citizens they governed have been programmed to believe that for anything to be good in their lives, it must come from the FG, even if you cannot afford to buy a match stick for your kitchen, just cry to the FG!

Illiteracy is not a disease....... it is something worse!!

Which Niger Delta states?

How would you call losing at least 87 percent of your income "making a hell of money"?

The Niger Delta states are being shortchanged by the rest of Nigeria. In fact Buhari should have increased VAT to 25 or 50 percent. Nigeria should rely on tax and let the Niger Delta states be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom To Move Civil Servants Who Studied Education To Schools / Lekki Victims’ Families, Hospitals Threatened, Bribed - Dabiraoluwa Adeyinka / Timipre Sylva: Why FG Can’t Continue Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.