Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,753 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja (182882 Views)

Need help on how to Legalise Documents At Belgium Embassy / Certifying Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs! / Nigerian Man Caught With Fake Passport/documents At Uk Airport! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Jona48(m): 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2017
Please, what's the difference between Authentication /Legalization /Notarization....and do I go about it?
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by lixalpha: 9:42am On May 16, 2017
hi, I know it's an old post.. I want to study in Malaysia, bt I hv all the necessary docs with me, pls I want to confirm if the eligibility letter from the ministry of education in Nigeria is still a must,?...cos I want to know if I should get it, or leave it and process my visa... reply
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by ijay247: 11:59pm On May 19, 2017
Good evening Admin.
I am currently living in Ukraine and am processing my medical specialization to another country. 'letter of eligibility' is one of the requirements, unfortunately I havent been to my country for a while, please how do I go about it if am not in Nigeria? And concerning my documents I have all the legalized original with me here in Ukraine. How do I get someone to get the letter for me when am not in the country and neither are my documents?
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by ijay247: 12:08am On May 20, 2017
Basically they are all the same, the difference is the Body that did it.
Notarization is done by a Notary agent and they confirm that a photocopied document has its original which they have seen and confirmed, so they stamp on the photocopied not the original whereas a ministry can legalize your original document stating its authentic and stamping on the original. Well thats to the best of my understanding!)
Jona48:
Please, what's the difference between Authentication /Legalization /Notarization....and do I go about it?

2 Likes

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by obalukan: 4:29pm On May 21, 2017
Please house, How much is legalization of document per page now at ministry of foreign affairs, Abuja.
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by dharmmy007(m): 4:48pm On May 26, 2017
obalukan:
Please house, How much is legalization of document per page now at ministry of foreign affairs, Abuja.

300naira as at last year June or so
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by dharmmy007(m): 4:49pm On May 26, 2017
lixalpha:
hi, I know it's an old post.. I want to study in Malaysia, bt I hv all the necessary docs with me, pls I want to confirm if the eligibility letter from the ministry of education in Nigeria is still a must,?...cos I want to know if I should get it, or leave it and process my visa... reply

just do it to avoid any itch ,it doesn't cost much
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by lixalpha: 10:21am On May 29, 2017
hi admin,
I knw it's an old post.. pls I want to confirm if the legalization of documents nd results are still compulsory for persons going to Malaysia for study.. cos I got admission in Malaysia, my papers hv been sent to me bt I came across someone who said I need to authentic my results in ministry of education nd ministry of foreign affairs..
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Prince1980(m): 7:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hello House,
Many thanks to those that created this thread and those that have contributed immensely.

Please kindly help a needy of information, have visited Ministry of Education, my Masters, BSc and O Level were all authenticated (both the original and two photocopies each, stamped and signed). However, I proceeded to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, I met a Civil Defence personnel who told me that the process is between 9am - 12pm, unfurtunately, I got there around 3pm. He promised to help me out because I told him am going back to Lagos the following morning. He bill me 1000 per page, that is 3000, which am ok with. He quickly went inside and brought it back. I checked and saw the white stamp which have Ministry of Foreign Affairs with Coat of Arm inside without signature, only on the photocopies, he didn't stamp the originals. My taught is everything is ok and left back to Lagos on Thursday.
My inquiries is, hope that was done legally? The original was not stamped at MFA, the photocopies that was stamped, was not signed.

Secondly, am using the documents for my PhD in Mexico, can anyone guide me how to get it legalise/authenticate at Embassy of Mexico?

While appreciating your kind response, I seriously need this reply ASAP.

Many thanks.
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by hillsway(m): 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2017
Prince1980:
Hello House,
Many thanks to those that created this thread and those that have contributed immensely.

Please kindly help a needy of information, have visited Ministry of Education, my Masters, BSc and O Level were all authenticated (both the original and two photocopies each, stamped and signed). However, I proceeded to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, I met a Civil Defence personnel who told me that the process is between 9am - 12pm, unfurtunately, I got there around 3pm. He promised to help me out because I told him am going back to Lagos the following morning. He bill me 1000 per page, that is 3000, which am ok with. He quickly went inside and brought it back. I checked and saw the white stamp which have Ministry of Foreign Affairs with Coat of Arm inside without signature, only on the photocopies, he didn't stamp the originals. My taught is everything is ok and left back to Lagos on Thursday.
My inquiries is, hope that was done legally? The original was not stamped at MFA, the photocopies that was stamped, was not signed.

Secondly, am using the documents for my PhD in Mexico, can anyone guide me how to get it legalise/authenticate at Embassy of Mexico?

While appreciating your kind response, I seriously need this reply ASAP.

Many thanks.
how easy is it to get this attestation done in abj?
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Soglad(f): 9:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
Good day admin
Please my hubby is making arrangement to invite me to spain. What are the documents I am supposed to legalised at ministry of foreign affairs. And also the document I need to submit to embassy of Spain here in nigeria.
Please I need your kind response so dat I wont have to miss any document.

Thanks.
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Costello559(m): 5:25pm On Oct 30, 2017
Pls is it possible to legalize laminated documents?

Urgent answer needed.. Pls.. I am worried.. I need to authenticate my birth certificate and first school leaving certificate, my testimonials both primary and secondary school.. They are all laminated... Pls can they be done?
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by justi4jesu(f): 6:22am On Nov 04, 2017
Costello559:
Pls is it possible to legalize laminated documents?

Urgent answer needed.. Pls.. I am worried.. I need to authenticate my birth certificate and first school leaving certificate, my testimonials both primary and secondary school.. They are all laminated... Pls can they be done?

Sure they all can be laminated, just go with them to the Ministry and they know how to do it. So no worries.

1 Like

Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Costello559(m): 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2017
justi4jesu:

Sure they all can be laminated, just go with them to the Ministry and they know how to do it. So no worries.

Thanks so much
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by osagiemma: 8:08am On Nov 07, 2017
Good morning please is the 1k per page just for originals or both originals and photocopy
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by henrolevra: 11:36am On Nov 08, 2017
Thanks for this comprehensive info. Please I have a problem with my original certificate. I lost the originals of my FSLC and WAEC. But I still have the photocopies with me. How do I go about to authenticate them.Thanks
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by wickyyolo: 4:55am On Nov 10, 2017
I don't want my children to ever go through that process in their life.

I'm not going to Nigeria anytime soon.

They will tell you 1k for a document if it's express. The whole process is crooked. All the best to new comers
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Itissettled3: 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2017
Please I need to attest my documents at Ministry of Foreign affairs. Would you advice I pay online (300 per page) or just go there in the morning to find a way?

I tried paying on remitta and it was asking me for a code which no one seems to know.

wickyolo, justi4jesu
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by owoazeez: 11:55am On Jan 22, 2018
Good dey please I want to ask if credit in maths and English in 2 sittings using wear and Neco result will be authenticated by the ministry of education
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by AndreCaeser360: 7:25am On Mar 01, 2018
Please guys I need some info.
I am applying to study Austrian and have been asked to legalize my O'level, ND and HND certificates with the complete transcripts and my birth certificate.
I don't have a birth certificate but an affidavit.
Plus, will my own copy of transcripts be accepted by the MOE for authentication?
Please urgent and kind response as time is of the essence!
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by clinton21: 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
what are the procedure to authentic a police charafter report at the ministry of foreign affairs Abuja please help a brother I want to travel with it
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by eepris88: 6:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
i jst stumble this tread, this is what my wife does for a leaving. Legalization/attestation of any document get 2 to 3 clients from uae, malay, qatar and sa she base in abuja.
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Saintsquare(m): 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2018
eepris88:
i jst stumble this tread, this is what my wife does for a leaving. Legalization/attestation of any document get 2 to 3 clients from uae, malay, qatar and sa she base in abuja.
how much she dey do am
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by eepris88: 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
it depend on d doc and number of doc u wnt to process between 65 to 100k I'm busy I would have explain d process for you.
Re: Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja by Bobkenny1(m): 10:56pm On Mar 22, 2018
Saintsquare:
how much she dey do am
I want to do for my friend

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.