Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement (18773 Views)

PEPT: You Couldn't Challenge Actual Results In Court, Yet Claim To Win Election! / Supreme Court Yet To Take Decision On Naira Swap Policy - Ozekhome / Emeka Ihedioha Swears In SSG Uche Onyeagocha And Chris Okewulonu, Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by optimus106(m): 6:12am On Feb 05, 2020
Will anything positive come out
of this...?

Itz worth the fight.
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by Bighead9: 6:15am On Feb 05, 2020
Una go wait tire. grin grin
Supreme Court cannot review their judgement. This will make their future Judgements undergo reviews.

The North have successfully sacked Emeka Ihedioha and replaced him with their own stooge, Hope Uzodima. grin grin grin

God bless Arewa.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by DropsMic(m): 6:20am On Feb 05, 2020
cool
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by toplinetrtrend: 6:26am On Feb 05, 2020
evansjeff:
Yesterday I watched with disgust PDP protesting at the US embassy in southafrca. That is the height of it. That is shameless and so demeaning to the sovereignty of Nigeria. I give up on PDP

They had to do that because buhari will send his Gestapo to murder anyone that dare to protest in Nigeria. You should give up on buhari and not PDP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by 1Dray(m): 6:28am On Feb 05, 2020
kahal29:
No date would be given cos there is nothing else to review besides 60 days for hearing election petitions in other words reviewing the case has elapsed.

Are you from Imo state?
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by AllenSpencer: 6:32am On Feb 05, 2020
1Dray:

Are you from Imo state?

Yes

2 Likes

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by Dedan112(m): 6:32am On Feb 05, 2020
Review ni... After thunder don strike u, come it return u to normalcy again...
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by contigiency(m): 6:33am On Feb 05, 2020
Because they don't have time to waste on already concluded matter.
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by sylve11: 6:38am On Feb 05, 2020
Case wey don finish since. undecided cool

1 Like

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by SaintLucia: 6:39am On Feb 05, 2020
Ihedioha should go back to activism like his PDP colleagues that lost election cos this is campaign after election.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by ejimatic: 6:39am On Feb 05, 2020
kahal29:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/no-supreme-court-date-for-review-of-judgement-yet-%e2%80%95-ihediohas-ssg/
. IMO election is status barred.With the expiration of 180/days the SC cannot reverse its earlier decision again . The review is just an academic exercise which will further serve as an explanation for the declaration of Hope as the governor with the table analysis if possible...

3 Likes

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by contigiency(m): 6:40am On Feb 05, 2020
toplinetrtrend:

They had to do that because buhari will send his Gestapo to murder anyone that dare to protest in Nigeria. You should give up on buhari and not PDP

Because all those protesting on several issues have all been murdered? Many of are just a waste in this forum occupying space and constituting nuisance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by zoedew: 6:40am On Feb 05, 2020
Mocking justice

1 Like

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by PicLtd: 6:41am On Feb 05, 2020
evansjeff:
Yesterday I watched with disgust PDP protesting at the US embassy in southafrca. That is the height of it. That is shameless and so demeaning to the sovereignty of Nigeria. I give up on PDP

Stop deceiving yourself, Nigeria is not soverign. Foreign power gave it life and continues to keep it one.
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by toplinetrtrend: 6:43am On Feb 05, 2020
contigiency:

Because all those protesting on several issues have all been murdered? Many of are just a waste in this forum occupying space and constituting nuisance.

Where was your brain when police prevented amotekun protest in Lagos and ibadan? Your brain was comatose then, right?
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by Sultannayef: 6:44am On Feb 05, 2020
cana882:
Ihedioha is smart. He knew his fate from the onset that’s why he used his little time for two things: destroy okorocha’s projects and amass wealth for him and his friends (after all, his friends deserve to be rich according to auntyku).
Five words for him:
Four words for his sympathizers:

You are silly
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by anonimi: 6:44am On Feb 05, 2020
toplinetrtrend:

That was stewpid of PDP to do.
They should have got others to do so without associating their party to the protest.
Did you see the Alliance of Past/Present Crooks, APC associate themselves with the January 2012 #OccupyNigeria protest against fuel subsidy removal?
PDP people are learners when it comes to playing politics strategically.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6455791_img20171223213452227_jpegaba3147253e469fb84a244a27892199c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by anonimi: 6:45am On Feb 05, 2020
PicLtd:
Stop deceiving yourself, Nigeria is not soverign. Foreign power gave it life and continues to keep it one.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3903043_3900875eremainsmalluformakesensepng0cbd86798bdb9acb6b2f053976eebe47_png4f72619c8ca6b05dbf89dda16578e7fe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:48am On Feb 05, 2020
Honestly ihedioha's lawyers are the worst when it comes to election petition. They did a very bad infact a worstest job at the supreme Court. Since there is no return leg for supreme Court hearing, Ihedioha and co will continue to lick their wounds.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by noleflendum: 6:48am On Feb 05, 2020
evansjeff:
if south Africans started killing them now they will be shouting ICC AU

1 Like

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by toplinetrtrend: 6:48am On Feb 05, 2020
anonimi:

That was stewpid of PDP to do.
They should have got others to do so without associating their party to the protest.
Did you see the Alliance of Past/Present Crooks, APC associate themselves with the January 2012 #OccupyNigeria protest against fuel subsidy removal?
PDP people are learners when it comes to playing politics strategically.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6455791_img20171223213452227_jpegaba3147253e469fb84a244a27892199c

You made a valid point

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by Lorenzop: 6:49am On Feb 05, 2020
evansjeff:

That is nothing compared to the despicable things APC has done so far......
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by cana882(m): 6:52am On Feb 05, 2020
Sultannayef:

You are silly

1 Like

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by hisexcellency34: 6:58am On Feb 05, 2020
Stop wasting your time
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by Bighead9: 7:11am On Feb 05, 2020
anonimi:

Certainly not, with barawo bubu in charge and CJN Tanko beside him.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-ayT1gbhYNZY/Veg-bZn7x6I/AAAAAAAAR8g/3Yu-YhYx_Q8/s640/2241735_119_jpeg95f01fafa57f788cd0cae4afea40b332.jpg[/img]

See wailing. cheesy

Una go wail tire. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by secpowell: 7:12am On Feb 05, 2020
DenreleDave:
..Can someone pls help me track my line. I was attacked tonight by 3 armed men on bike and they took my phone..
The numbers are switched off... see men with cutlass wanting to cut me.... aswear, i support jungle justice to any thief caught now if truly guilty. This guys want cut mi oooo

I vote jungle justife i swear to God... these guys almost cut innocent me for my own phone oooo, my own phone..

Instant death to any thief caught n he truly guilty
you are a greedy soul, you wait things to happen to you before you can support. A typical Nigeria mentality, if it was someone else it happen to your reason would have been different.
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by DenreleDave(m): 7:16am On Feb 05, 2020
secpowell:
you are a greedy soul, you wait things to happen to you before you can support. A typical Nigeria mentality, if it was someone else it happen to your reason would have been different.

U oooo
Greedy ooo
Typical oo
Mentality ooo

U r all mad

Better go relax ur brain
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by DenreleDave(m): 7:19am On Feb 05, 2020
secpowell:

Yes, my mentality changed after i had a live experience ... so u can shut up ur mouth jare.. if u get sense , u will see where i put if found guilty cox many av bin innocently killed .

Wisdom is profitable sir, get sense..
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by israelmao(m): 7:19am On Feb 05, 2020
Kangaroo court.
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by Mrjaz(m): 7:27am On Feb 05, 2020
odiks:
*...ON SUPREME COURT AND OVERRULING ITSELF IN ELECTION PETITION CASES!*�

...Election Petitions are *suis generis*, meaning that they are unique, have a life of their own, have special character and are governed by procedures peculiar to it.

It is a time conscious trial.

Under the 1999 Constitution as amended and the extant Electoral Act, 2010 as amended, the chances of the Supreme Court overruling itself in an Election Petition it has conclusively
*decided and disposed of* and in the particular case of Imo State is nil and non-existent.

We make this strong statement because among other things-

(a) there is no statutory provision for it, and

(b) the lapse of the almighty sixty days constitutional timeline within which the Supreme Court must hear and dispose of Election Petition appeals from the date of delivery of the judgement of the Court of Appeal has foreclosed any such novel window.

It is instructive that the Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja handed its judgement in the Imo Governorship Election Petition Appeals on 19 November 2019.

The Supreme Court in turn disposed the appeal on 14 January 2020.

Going by computation of time therefore, embarking on a street protest on 19 January 2020 and orally asking the Supreme Court to overrule itself is plain mischief calculated to embarrass and denigrate the integrity of the eminent Law Lords.

The sixty days timeline for disposing election petition appeals is a constitutional provision and a non-negotiable part of our electoral laws that must be rigidly obeyed as it is said to stand firm and unmoveable like the *Rock of Gibraltar.*

Even as the Oracle of the law, the Supreme Court is not entitled to rewrite, amend, add or subtract from constitutional provisions.

They must give effect to constitutional provisions however harsh or unsavoury the result may be.

That is what the Supreme Court held in its 2012 decision in the controversial Imo Governorship Election Petitition *PDP V GOVERNOR OKOROCHA & 10 OTHERS* in Suit No. SC/17/2012 delivered on 2nd March 2012.

It is important to further enlighten that the old case of *ADEGOKE MOTORS LTD V ADESANYA* (1989) 13 NWLR (Pt. 109) being bandied around here and there and cited as authority for the Supreme Court to overrule itself is inapplicable in the 2019 Imo Election Petition matter or any Election Petition matter.

This is because the said ADEGOKE CASE (Supra) is not an election petition matter.
It was a 1989 decision that did not have the contemplation of the mandatory requirement for conclusion of election petition appeals in the Supreme Court within 60 days as provided for in the present 1999 Constitition of Nigeria as amended

It remains to be said that in sync with their constitutional powers and relying on clear constitutional provisions and our electoral laws, the Supreme Court has disposed of the 2019 Imo Governorship appeals and can never revisit it.

This is again supported by the decision of the Supreme Court in an Election Petition case *PDP V GOVERNOR OKOROCHA & 10 OTHERS in Suit No. SC/17/2012 delivered on 2nd March 2012,* where Odili, JSC, held in a most profound manner and characteristic candour as follows-

*"...What is to be disposed has in a way hit the rock and can go nowhere else. That is to say the legal dispute or process has reached its final destination and is at grand finale...."*

We can then conveniently restate that when the Supreme Court finally disposes of an election petition, the legal dispute has come to a full and final stop at the last legal and judicial bus stop because of the special nature of election petitions and its time sensitive nature.

It is in public interest that there should be an end to litigation-

*Interest rei publicae ut sit finis litium* which is an alternative Latin phrase for *expedit rei publicae ut.*

Remember always that the Supreme is final but not infallible.

A new normal is possible!

*Prof Obiaraeri, N.O.*
Hmm cool shocked shocked I GREET YOU PROF grin grin
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by NORSYK(m): 7:28am On Feb 05, 2020
uruba23:
I hope ihedioha's lawyers don't get debarred you don't ask the supreme court to review its judgement unless you are absolutely sure there is a miscarriage of justice.

There's miscarriage of justice here
Re: Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement by kutashi: 7:28am On Feb 05, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:
grin

Judgement has been passed. The former governor should humbly take a bow.

E don thief moni reach make another person chop. I wonder why dem no remove am sef.
He's not a former Governor but a "fraudster in collabo" with INEC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun 2022: APC Names 60-Member Campaign Council / Senator Jimoh Ibrahim Appoints 100 Special Assistants / Bomb Blast Rocks Postikum, Islamic School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.