Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Insure & Tell? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Insure & Tell? (751 Views)

What Part Of Your Body Would You Like To Insure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insure & Tell? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2010
This is for married, engaged or long term couples.

Is it ever a good idea to tell your spouse what they are to inherit in the even of your demise/death?
This refers to life insurance for those who live abroad or any form of inheritance.

*Note: Too many couples in the U.S. are killing each other after finding out what they are to recieve, 'tis why I am aking.
Re: Insure & Tell? by MrsEve2(f): 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2010
If you have a good man or woman then telling them is fine. They need to know that insurance is available so that when the event occurred they can inform the insurance company in question. Because you know insurance companies can be crooked.

So it depends on WHAT TYPE OF HUSBAND OR WIFE you have as well and you can always request the insurance to do an investigation to make sure it not a foul play or you can have a lawyer to disburse the payment five years from the date of the death. It will discourage less foul play because five years a long time FOR A GOLD DIGGER to wait,
Re: Insure & Tell? by Dyt(f): 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2010
Shouts
ha
4 nija?
Sm go dey count ur remainin days
Re: Insure & Tell? by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 13, 2010
shut up 190. grin

some people are greedy! i wouldnt be dumb enough to tell my spouse my life is worth thousands/millions, if i had it for him to get should I die, so he can kill me off! angry
Life insurance policies is supposed to insure ppl will be ok once their loved ones pass. some ppl are not willing to wait for them to die o. they want the money now. this is prevalent in the states, esp. with the current economy. undecided
Re: Insure & Tell? by Dsense(m): 2:45am On Dec 13, 2010
OP.
Either the poster is high on Taba or Taba is high on her undecided
Re: Insure & Tell? by Carolece(f): 3:15am On Dec 13, 2010
It doesnt only happen in the US, it happens all over. But if I am married to someone and didnt sign a prenup, then law is that what ever he leave behind belongs to his wife and kids, if there also was no will stating otherwise.
Re: Insure & Tell? by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 13, 2010
Battyman D-Sense, yu still de bout? Go away! We are NOT friends anymore! angry tongue

@ Carolece all over? ina Jamaica too? I watch a lot of tv. and spouse on spouse violence has dubbled in America only a fraction being fatal. Each case where there is a homocide or attempt, the motive is money/life insurance. It is pretty scary to think about. You live with this person for years and have to wonder if your act of "love" will ultimately cause them to harm you.
Re: Insure & Tell? by Carolece(f): 4:36am On Dec 13, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

@ Carolece all over? ina Jamaica too? I watch a lot of tv. and spouse on spouse violence has dubbled in America only a fraction being fatal. Each case where there is a homocide or attempt, the motive is money/life insurance. It is pretty scary to think about. You live with this person for years and have to wonder if your act of "love" will ultimately cause them to harm you.
May not for insurance money, but yes in Jamaica women (mainly) kill men just to acquire the house. Or they dont kill them, they marry men who they know will die sooner or later just to get the house, business, car and land. I know of more than one cases.
Re: Insure & Tell? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2010
^^wow. shocked the power of greed!
Re: Insure & Tell? by AnnMarie1(f): 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2010
yawnnn, waa gwan
Re: Insure & Tell? by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:08pm On Dec 13, 2010
why tell him or her when the will can tell them when am gone

telling when alive has problems s/he will try to influence to changes to the will in his/her favour
Re: Insure & Tell? by r231(m): 5:51pm On Dec 13, 2010
Carolece:

May not for insurance money, but yes in Jamaica women (mainly) kill men just to acquire the house. Or they dont kill them, they marry men who they know will die sooner or later just to get the house, business, car and land. I know of more than one cases.

wow
Re: Insure & Tell? by Yorisb: 7:19pm On Dec 13, 2010
Carolece:

shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry

Maza Maza!
Re: Insure & Tell? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2010
whats wrong fellas? men are guilty of this crime than women BY far! especially if she threatens divorce.

@Carolece I have heard of women seeking Obeah/witch craft, in Jamaica for it tho, undecided. Lol Jamaicans and our superstitions.
Re: Insure & Tell? by omega25red(m): 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2010
well maybe if you are in your late 70's then might be cool to tell assuming your spouse is in their 70's too and not some 20 something person who still has long to live.

There was a story of this woman who married men because they were rich and when she got tired of them she would send then to her home country (thailand) where she had her cousins waiting to kill the men and then she claims the insurance money becuase the police over in thailand will just say the man died as a result of armed robbery. funny sh!t
Re: Insure & Tell? by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 14, 2010
omega25red:

well maybe if you are in your late 70's then might be cool to tell assuming your spouse is in their 70's too and not some 20 something person who still has long to live.

There was a story of this woman who married men because they were rich and when she got tired of them she would send then to her home country (thailand) where she had her cousins waiting to kill the men and then she claims the insurance money because the police over in Thailand will just say the man died as a result of armed robbery. funny droppings

I remember that story. She sent them to Thailand because she knew that in Thailand the laws are strict in regards to sending a person's remains to the states after having passed there. She paid off Thailand thugs and gov. officials and had them buried in unmarked tombs. All of the men's remains were in Thailand until she herself was murdered by her own grandson who, spilled the beans and was close to one of her victims and knew she had him killed. Talk about drama.

I dont think it is a bad thing to give your loved ones an idea but to tell them exactly how much or what to expect is unwise.
Re: Insure & Tell? by Dsense(m): 1:16am On Dec 14, 2010
^^^ cool cool cool
Re: Insure & Tell? by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 14, 2010
LOL@ D-Sense are you rejoicing that she got pay back? One of her victim's father told MSNBC that if he could, he would dig her up out of her grave and shoot her again LOL. Another victim's sister said she wanted to buy the wicked woman's grandson a bottle of champagne for killing her LMAO.

(1) (Reply)

Does It Mean I Do Not Love Him? / Township Citizens Vs Village Citizens. / Ur Advice Is Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.