Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami (46443 Views)

7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami / Pantami's Decision To Mine Data Of Phone Users Trailed By Controversy / 7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Novaccines: 5:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
Wow
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by mfm04622: 5:48pm On Feb 05, 2020
ernieboy:
can u compare Saudi voice and data Network to Nigeria's?

The reason Saudi Arabia did it is why Nigeria is doing it too. Security. Makes it harder for criminals to operate. Not impossible, just harder.

I work a lot on my laptop. I am used to my network disconnecting and I need to reconnect it. I thought it was normal. The while month I was in Saudi Arabia, I can go days without the network disconnecting. It is expensive, yes. But very reliable.
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by frog12: 5:48pm On Feb 05, 2020
even the network engineer he appoint as DG of NITDA must be worse.

i mean this unqualified people they run ministries and policy positions! haba!

last time dis man say certificates are better than university degrees.

ogene007:
This is what you get when you get unqualified and inexperienced people to manage critical sectors of our economy. I don't blame hi at all but the the government that appointed him. These are people who are living in a fictional world where government controls everything about the people's lives. They should smell the coffee. We are in a constitutional democracy where our freedom to choose is guaranteed. He can relocate to China where the government is running peoples lives.
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
Those who rule Nigeria and their fvcktard mentality. These are the same freaking m0rons that have twenty fives and now they want to limit how many phone numbers a citizen should have. There would be a time Nigerians would be told the number of friends they are allowed to have. This is preposterous. I can understand them been leery of individuals with so many phone numbers but that's no excuse to outrightly ban people from having no more than three numbers. What about people that have more than that for a legitimate reason? In real and advanced countries, the security agencies would monitor to make sure that however many numbers one has are not been used for any illegal purposes. To institute a blanket ban on how many numbers a citizen is allowed to have is just an imbecilic way of government dealing with a problem that has a far better solution than what is being implemented. Shame on Nigeria and its rulers that lack a common-sense approach to issues.
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by 9jaunite: 5:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
Lol I have all the network
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by namo77: 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
Why? How is it disturbing you?
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Kubernetes: 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
chriskosherbal:
I think the ban on Nigeria by USA has started to generate result, having a database for the citizens of a country cannot be overemphasized. The federal government should find a way of synchronizing NIN, NIMC,TIN, BVN, VOTERS CARD into one for the effectiveness of the result they seek as well as making it easy for citizens .

But why e b say we go don collect b4 we get sense as a nation ..

Drivers license, international passport, number plate etc should also be synchronized on the database
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
Implement it fast. Each citizen should have a proper way of identification
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by achilles1(m): 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
who's this clown?...
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by mrksquare: 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

Very good policy

I support Pantami on this.
What another great achievement by Buhari govt

If Nigerians start using only 3 Sim card
Security will increase.
There won't be Boko Haram, bandits, kidnapping, armed robbery nd herdsmen attack anymore.

There will be massive job opportunities that even foreigners will beg to come nd work in Nigeria

The rate of Naira exchange rin d market will be higher than dollars, pounce nd Euro.
This will automatically lead to fall in price of rice, cars, handsets nd all gud.
In fact Range Rover will be sold at #12,000

There will be good roads in d whole of Nigeria because all d roads will fix itself
There will be cheap houses that every young Nigerian at d age of 18 will own its own house.
There won't be army, police nd SARS intimidation.
Our hospitals will start functioning more than the ones in Dubai, Canada, London nd USA.
There will be free education
There will be no more election rigging.

Even Coronavirus will stop if Nigerians starts using 3 Sim cards.
Boko Haram will release all those they kidnap.

Please let's support this good idea from Pantami.
Me I will dispose all my sim cards, I will be reducing it to 2, please if u ar using more than 3 Sims destroy them nd keep only three

sarcasm at it's best. Thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by vyke2008: 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
Wetin concern you!
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by ojtech8291: 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
It is a very nice idea but he has to do his homework first. He should ensure networks are available and stable in all parts of the country. Now that we are having network problems in cities not to talk about the villages. Mr Man, go back to your drawing board and do the needful.
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by cashtips(m): 6:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
dre11:

https://dailynigerian.com/no-nigerian-shouldve-more-than-3-phone-numbers-pantami/
when they temporary hold any political office they assumed the role of Legislative ,Executive, and Judiciary
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Femich18(m): 6:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
omoadeleye:
This man's brain is liquidated, what did he mean by that? We have different networks so that when one fails us we will switch to another network, what he supposed to say is that any network number should be attached to one's nin instead of dictating the number of sim cards we can use... Is like he doesn't know what is doing him

NIN is included in the thread.
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by kombitel(m): 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2020
This guy is just young but no depth at all. What has number of sim cards got to do with delivering a sector that grows the economy?
DO you know a guy can own 4 SME,s and you expect him to run them all from one line, what happens when he travels to a location where there is no coverage of that line?

The Minister is just behaving like the Chief Meigaurd of the NCC instead of the CEO of the same body.

- Data reliability is horrible in Nigeria and keeps getting worse
- Dropped calls at all time high
- Telecom Network operators promising bogus and non consumer friendly packages and nobody holding them to account.
- Very poor options for value sharing and other specialized VAS applications.
- Very expensive call rates compared regionally.
- Very alarming roaming charges left unchecked like forever
- Very minimal new investments in network expansion e.t.c
- Almost no opinion on the roll out of 5G when other markets are even conceptualizing 6G already (Even our 4G behaves like 1.5G most times :-( )

Abeg, he has to shape up or ship out.
That's why am not such a big fan of the not too young movement. It should be about vision and capacity!!!!

dre11:

https://dailynigerian.com/no-nigerian-shouldve-more-than-3-phone-numbers-pantami/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Kubernetes: 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2020
isthatso:
what a foolish man, clearly has no understanding of his ministry and no business overseeing that ministry. what if 1 have 2 phones, an ipad, a wifi dongle and a sim card for my car (some cars have sim cards)

He is definitely coming from the security angle.
Nigerians are indeed criminals.Some people use multiple Sims for criminality others use it on the carriers to enjoy new promo calls.
Besides, having multiple Sims by individuals will make it a great task synchronize with other databases identity platforms.

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Tbcrown(m): 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2020
nonsense speaking, shoroniyen when will have bad network in Nigeria
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by lexy2014: 6:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
chriskosherbal:
I think the ban on Nigeria by USA has started to generate result, having a database for the citizens of a country cannot be overemphasized. The federal government should find a way of synchronizing NIN, NIMC,TIN, BVN, VOTERS CARD into one for the effectiveness of the result they seek as well as making it easy for citizens .

So Nigeria exists because of d US?
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by lexy2014: 6:19pm On Feb 05, 2020
Kubernetes:

Nigerians are indeed criminals.Some people use multiple Sims for criminality others use it on the carriers to enjoy new promo calls.
Besides, having multiple Sims by individuals will make it a great task synchronize with other databases identity platforms.

How many times has he come from d angle of improved service delivery and d us of ICT to drive d economy? Y all these zeal to engage in things that are of no benefit to Nigerians?
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by lexy2014: 6:23pm On Feb 05, 2020
mfm04622:

The reason Saudi Arabia did it is why Nigeria is doing it too. Security. Makes it harder for criminals to operate. Not impossible, just harder.

I work a lot on my laptop. I am used to my network disconnecting and I need to reconnect it. I thought it was normal. The while month I was in Saudi Arabia, I can go days without the network disconnecting. It is expensive, yes. But very reliable.

Is it security that causes improvement in service delivery of telcos?
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Temidayo9(m): 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2020
chriskosherbal:

While all this you quoted are good, but remember some part of Nigeria is 50years behind, they will not allow this to work, and there religious law supercede Nigeria law.
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by themanderon: 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
Crazy government bringing out crazy and confusing policies. They never think a policy through before implementing. You said people should register their lines now you want to limit the number of sims people can have nawa. That is how that yeye minister said people should get tax number without considering who and who is gainfully employed and taxable.
Funny country indeed nobody is talking about maintaining a database of those who are unemployed its only policies that would make life harder that they implement.
The responsibility for sim registration should be left to the service providers and its them that should ensure sims are genuinely registered. Owning multiple and correctly registered sims should never be a problem.

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
Kubernetes:

I dont know who is worse, the minister or the people. I understand it is a security problem but you do not use a sledgehammer and damge the wall because you want to kill a fly! Someone in charge of communications and ICT should be able to think outside the box.
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by CYBERWEAVER(m): 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
Mtcheew una Papa, I get 6 line, they should come and arrest
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by mubzynani: 6:44pm On Feb 05, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

Very good policy

I support Pantami on this.
What another great achievement by Buhari govt

If Nigerians start using only 3 Sim card
Security will increase.
There won't be Boko Haram, bandits, kidnapping, armed robbery nd herdsmen attack anymore.

There will be massive job opportunities that even foreigners will beg to come nd work in Nigeria

The rate of Naira exchange rin d market will be higher than dollars, pounce nd Euro.
This will automatically lead to fall in price of rice, cars, handsets nd all gud.
In fact Range Rover will be sold at #12,000

There will be good roads in d whole of Nigeria because all d roads will fix itself
There will be cheap houses that every young Nigerian at d age of 18 will own its own house.
There won't be army, police nd SARS intimidation.
Our hospitals will start functioning more than the ones in Dubai, Canada, London nd USA.
There will be free education
There will be no more election rigging.

Even Coronavirus will stop if Nigerians starts using 3 Sim cards.
Boko Haram will release all those they kidnap.

Please let's support this good idea from Pantami.
Me I will dispose all my sim cards, I will be reducing it to 2, please if u ar using more than 3 Sims destroy them nd keep only three
Chai

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Bluffly: 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:
You might not be one but you have the tendency to be one grin
Just as you have a tendency to be one and you are looking for who to attach to yourself. If you think it is me, you haven't reached your bus stop yet
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Papanwamaikpe: 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2020
Bluffly:

Just as you have a tendency to be one and you are looking for who to attach to yourself. If you think it is me, you haven't reached your bus stop yet
But I have only two Sims na grin
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Bluffly: 6:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
Kubernetes:

A criminal spotted
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Bluffly: 6:52pm On Feb 05, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:
But I have only two Sims na grin
Your number of SIM matters not
Re: No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami by Papanwamaikpe: 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
Bluffly:
Your number of SIM matters not
Alright GEE grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud / Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan / Let's See Your Phone Home-screen (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.