Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel (2112 Views)

Obaseki Demolishes Houses Of Oshiomhole’s Allies In Benin (Photos) / Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). / Tony Kabaka Threatens To Kill Himself If Gov Obaseki Demolishes His Ugbor Hotel… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by References: 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
Edo State Government on Wednesday afternoon commenced demolition of a multi -million naira hotel belonging to Tony Kabaka Adun.

Bulldozers and security personnel were mobilised to the hotel at about 12 noon and began the demolition.

It was part of the state government’s commitment to removal of illegal structures erected on government property, including public schools and waterways as well as roof eave-extensions and structures erected on the right of way of roads/streets, moats, river banks, TCN high tension lines, among others in Benin City and other major settlements in the state.

Residents in the area trooped out to watched the demolition of the hotel.

The Edo State Government had in October last year, through the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, issued a seven-day notice to Tony Adun to remove his T. Latifah Hotel and Suites, located at the Ugbor axis of the State capital.

It said the hotel was built on a property belonging to Ugbor Primary School.

Kabaka, who had vowed to die if the hotel was demolished, later opted to beg Governor Godwin Obaseki.

He apologised to Governor Obaseki for the words he used in the previous video saying he was “angered.”

Tony was engaged by Comrade Adams Oshiomhole administration to collect taxes from drivers.

He and other private revenue contractors were sacked by Governor Godwin Obaseki, who insisted the state government has the ability to collect its revenue.

Speaking on why the hotel must be demolished, Governor Godwin Obaseki said that no amount of blackmail would stop him from demolishing the building because it was built on government property.

Governor Obaseki told reporters last year that there was no political undertone in the decision since he had warned in the past that his administration would not tolerate lawlessness.

According to him: “Businesses cannot thrive when there is anarchy and complete disrespect for the law. For us as a government whatever we need to do to ensure that there is law and order will be done.

“If you have done the wrong thing and taken over properties that is not yours, to build on government property is the wrong thing to do. If you go and build on road, that is not the right thing to do. If government tolerates that then more people will become lawless.

“If any law has been breached in Edo State, I have sworn to the constitution to preserve order. This is a government that is not afraid of anybody and will not be subject to blackmail. Anybody who contravenes the law no matter how highly placed you are in Edo State, you will be dealt with.

“It has no political undertone. If you go to Etete now. I am doing the same thing. I am fencing the sports centre.

“I have warned in the past that anybody who encroached on government land or school properties will be dealt with. Go to Bénin Technical College, that is evidence. As long as they continue to behave lawlessly, we will enforce the law.”

Reacting to the demolition, Kabaka who spoke on the phone, said it was saddened that the state government could not wait for judgment to be delivered in the case.

Kabaka said the court had fixed Friday, February 7, 2020 for judgment in the suit.

He said he had secured injunctions stopping demolition of the hotel.

His words: “We are still in court. I have injunctions against the government. Judgment is on Friday. I have Certificate of Occupancy in my house but I don’t have C of O in the hotel.

“Let him go ahead and demolish it. 100 years is not forever.”

Special Adviser to Governor Obaseki on Media and Communication Strategy, Mr. Crusoe Osagie, said all injunctions have been vacated at the court.
https://thenationonlineng.net/finally-obaseki-demolishes-kabakas-hotel/
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CEbiddSuv0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1KIPlDp2Qw

Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by ANTIwhorePATROL(m): 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
Is he not a criminal used by politicians? Come from politics go by politics.

Next pls!!!!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by BennyDGreat: 3:12pm On Feb 05, 2020
Ahhh
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by Racoon(m): 3:12pm On Feb 05, 2020
Obaseki have drawn first blood.So expecting next video from Kabaka and ranting threat from Oshiomole.Politics is indeed dirty. sad
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by bugidon(m): 3:15pm On Feb 05, 2020
See as money just waste for nothing!!! Nigeria is just a zoo, nonsense country with nonsense politicians sad
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by DonXavi(m): 3:19pm On Feb 05, 2020
This is really serious.... This Governor maybe paid back by these Edo bad guys after he left office..
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by Sirjamo: 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2020
That ugly Obaseki With his swollen face like the map of Biafra.

How can anyone be comfortable with destroying investments worth hundreds of millions?
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by Clerverly: 3:23pm On Feb 05, 2020
Racoon:
Obaseki have drawn first blood.So expecting next video from Kabaka and ranting threat from Oshiomole.Politics is indeed dirty. sad

I like the fact, you didn't see anything wrong with what the Governor is doing...

I am just waiting to see, when you will start "bolding" quotes to further drive your hate and propaganda against Oshiomhole and APC!

Bloody hypocrite!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by stalingraddd(m): 3:24pm On Feb 05, 2020
nice one, more to follow
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by babyfaceafrica: 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
This Edo election will be the most bloody.. I just pity the corpers that will be PO and Àpò.. Indigene should take heed
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by seunmsg(m): 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
Obaseki is power drunk, he has forgotten that power is transient. He will one day pay for the madness that has engulfed him since he started the unnecessary war against Oshiomhole and anybody associated with him.

Ajimobi lost Oyo State the day he partially demolished Ayefele’s building due to political differences. Obaseki should have learnt from him but no, he’s so full of himself.

Anyway, he who the gods want to kill, they first make mad. Obaseki is not fully mad, it’s time for the gods to move in and finish him. Edo must be liberated from Obaseki’s madness.
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by lilprinze: 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
So after all his mouth they still demolished his hotel. Millions of naira wasted.
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by hisexcellency34: 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2020
Kabaka tell you, you no hear
Oshio baba tell you no gree,
When the time set my brother eh
Dem no dey telli person...
Telli person eh
When your eyes go clear oooo

Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2020
seunmsg:
Obas Eli is power drunk.
You didn't accuse your master tinubu and boy Sanwoolu of been power drunk when they banned okada and keke cutting off millions of the poor jobs. You now care abt a single person in far away Benin abi .
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Kabaka tell you, you no hear
Oshio baba tell you no gree,
When the time set my brother eh
Dem no dey telli person...
Telli person eh
When your eyes go clear oooo
There was a time, people was telling kabaka and Oshiomole too and they didn't listen!!!

This life na turn by turn.

If Obaseki is really working in Edo and they are trying to distabilize him, shouldn't he uproot them

Enough of bribery, corruption and negative godfatherism

4 Likes

Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by seunmsg(m): 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You didn't accuse your master tinubu and boy Sanwoolu of been power drunk when they banned okada and keke cutting off millions of the poor jobs. You now care abt a single person in far away Benin abi .

Sanwo-Olu didn’t ban Okada for any political reason. The restriction was put in place in the overall interest of Lagosians. Obaseki on the other hand is on an insane political vendetta. It is only a power drunk leader that go about pulling down properties of others due to political differences. He will pay for this madness.
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by Lcf69(m): 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
This is how constituted Authority spells out itself.Bt,Democracy should be a softie Softie Affair naa... Pinned.
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by Lanretoye(m): 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
upon all the noise he made,Las Las dem still demolish am.
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
seunmsg:

Sanwo-Olu didn’t ban Okada for any political reason. The restriction was put in place in the overall interest of Lagosians. Obaseki on the other hand is on an insane political vendetta. It is only a power drunk leader that go about pulling down properties of others due to political differences. He will pay for this madness.

Obaseki reclaimed Edo Land for the overall interest of Edo People. Sanwo-Olu will pay for baning Okada and keke.

1 Like

Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by dlondonbadboy: 3:45pm On Feb 05, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Obaseki reclaimed Edo Land for the overall interest of Edo People. Sanwo-Olu will pay for baning Okada and keke.

Wetin ApC rats get against obaseki?

1 Like

Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2020
dlondonbadboy:

Wetin ApC rats get against obaseki?
Oshiomole na Tinubu Boy.Tinubu na their Master.

1 Like

Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by GamalNasser: 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2020
With the way Obaseki was voking on Friday I knew Kabaka's hotel was in danger
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by Classicdexy(m): 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
At last.... May be oshiomole will rebuild the hotel for him
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by joyandfaith: 3:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
seunmsg:
Obaseki is power drunk, he has forgotten that power is transient. He will one day pay for the madness that has engulfed him since he started the unnecessary war against Oshiomhole and anybody associated with him.

Ajimobi lost Oyo State the day he partially demolished Ayefele’s building due to political differences. Obaseki should have learnt from him but no, he’s so full of himself.

Anyway, he who the gods want to kill, they first make mad. Obaseki is not fully mad, it’s time for the gods to move in and finish him. Edo must be liberated from Obaseki’s madness.

is ayefele a political thug?

1 Like

Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by Racoon(m): 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
Clerverly:
I like the fact, you didn't see anything wrong with what the Governor is doing.I am just waiting to see, when you will start "bolding" quotes to further drive your hate & propaganda against Oshiomhole & APC! Bloody hypocrite!
You obviously have comprehensive problem.Where the hell did you see my support for what Obaseki is doing? I simply said "Obaseki have drawn first blood" & of course expect reaction from Kabaka/Oshiomole.

I ain't got no time for any shitty politician especially of the hypocritical & satanic APC stock.They can kill them- selves & go to hell for all I care.

1 Like

Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by sodiqapril(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Considering the manner in which money from the hotel was built, I feel no atom of pity for this Kabaka guy..I watched one of his interviews on YouTube, he is an unrepentant and proud he goat who talks like the state is his house and he can run it as he likes. Was he not the same man flogging a monkey. But on a second note, except you are an enemy of progress , you can't justify demolition of that hotel.. worst that obaseki should have done is seize the hotel and sell it... Now he has just thrown millions of naira down the drain.
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by dlondonbadboy: 4:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Oshiomole na Tinubu Boy.Tinubu na their Master.

I see
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by BuhariAdvocate: 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2020
Well if truly the house was built on wrong place that's a good development.

1 Like

Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by cRobo: 4:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
Wasted.money
Re: Finally, Obaseki demolishes Kabaka’s hotel by Mynd44: 5:40pm On Feb 05, 2020

(1)

Do The Lekki 'dead' Have No Relatives? / Ipob's Sit -at-home Order: Write Your Wills , Police Tells Hoodlums / Benue: Two Years After Killing Gana The Warlord,any Changes[graphic Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.