Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). (76934 Views)

Protest In Benin Over Demolition Of Houses By Governor Obaseki (Photos) / Apostle Suleman Prays For Governor Obaseki (Photos) / The Moment APC Screening Committee Disqualified Obaseki (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by BengaziTherapy: 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2020
Edo State Government Demolishes Tony Adun aka Tony Kabaka’s hotel in Benin

Tony Kababa belongs to the faction supporting APC National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole.

He was the revenue collector during Oshiomhole's time as governor. The Edo State Government led by Godwin Obaseki disbanded them as he assumed office and Kabaka has been a vocal critique of the governor.

The government had issued a 7 day notice in October last year but the demolition was stopped by a court injunction.

The government claims demolition been carried out in the area is for flood control.

Details Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BBc_jsFaNw

Edo State Government on Wednesday afternoon commenced demolition of a multi -million naira hotel belonging to Tony Kabaka Adun.

Bulldozers and security personnel were mobilised to the hotel at about 12 noon and began the demolition.

It was part of the state government’s commitment to removal of illegal structures erected on government property, including public schools and waterways as well as roof eave-extensions and structures erected on the right of way of roads/streets, moats, river banks, TCN high tension lines, among others in Benin City and other major settlements in the state.

Residents in the area trooped out to watched the demolition of the hotel.

The Edo State Government had in October last year, through the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, issued a seven-day notice to Tony Adun to remove his T. Latifah Hotel and Suites, located at the Ugbor axis of the State capital.

It said the hotel was built on a property belonging to Ugbor Primary School.

Kabaka, who had vowed to die if the hotel was demolished, later opted to beg Governor Godwin Obaseki.

He apologised to Governor Obaseki for the words he used in the previous video saying he was “angered.”

Tony was engaged by Comrade Adams Oshiomhole administration to collect taxes from drivers.

He and other private revenue contractors were sacked by Governor Godwin Obaseki, who insisted the state government has the ability to collect its revenue.

Speaking on why the hotel must be demolished, Governor Godwin Obaseki said that no amount of blackmail would stop him from demolishing the building because it was built on government property.

Governor Obaseki told reporters last year that there was no political undertone in the decision since he had warned in the past that his administration would not tolerate lawlessness.

According to him: “Businesses cannot thrive when there is anarchy and complete disrespect for the law. For us as a government whatever we need to do to ensure that there is law and order will be done.

“If you have done the wrong thing and taken over properties that is not yours, to build on government property is the wrong thing to do. If you go and build on road, that is not the right thing to do. If government tolerates that then more people will become lawless.

“If any law has been breached in Edo State, I have sworn to the constitution to preserve order. This is a government that is not afraid of anybody and will not be subject to blackmail. Anybody who contravenes the law no matter how highly placed you are in Edo State, you will be dealt with.

“It has no political undertone. If you go to Etete now. I am doing the same thing. I am fencing the sports centre.

“I have warned in the past that anybody who encroached on government land or school properties will be dealt with. Go to Bénin Technical College, that is evidence. As long as they continue to behave lawlessly, we will enforce the law.”

Reacting to the demolition, Kabaka who spoke on the phone, said it was saddened that the state government could not wait for judgment to be delivered in the case.

Kabaka said the court had fixed Friday, February 7, 2020 for judgment in the suit.

He said he had secured injunctions stopping demolition of the hotel.

His words: “We are still in court. I have injunctions against the government. Judgment is on Friday. I have Certificate of Occupancy in my house but I don’t have C of O in the hotel.

“Let him go ahead and demolish it. 100 years is not forever.”

Special Adviser to Governor Obaseki on Media and Communication Strategy, Mr. Crusoe Osagie, said all injunctions have been vacated at the court.
https://thenationonlineng.net/finally-obaseki-demolishes-kabakas-hotel/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CEbiddSuv0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1KIPlDp2Qw

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by amSTARboy: 3:36pm On Feb 05, 2020
Game on

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
This is too much.

Obaseki should thread softly.

197 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by ANTIwhorePATROL(m): 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
Uproot every evil tree

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by Slawormir: 3:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice one
Vivonose:
I really love obaseki's approach,I just fear he won't make 2nd term
He has made a lot of positive change in Edo state
Damnnnnn

Your boyfriend must be a real niggarrr
So you also recognise the wake and see governor
He got balls like buhari

I can bet my balls he is gonna make that 2nd term

He is going to fuckkk oshiomhole up anyday anytime twice on election Day
Una go hear the score

129 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by AroleOduduwa2: 3:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
I am against the destruction of properties, this is politics of bitterness, Obaseki should remember power is transient.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by Elslim: 3:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
This is war, I repeat this is War!!!!!!

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by Perfecttouchade: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
Dem go resolve am, na Dem Dem things...no shaking to kabaka. Refer And earn..we fabricate Aluminium windows. https://www.nairaland.com/5629755/nairalander-order-casement-windows..get-professional/1

4 Likes

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by Dupepython: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
Obaseki no dey joke

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by jchioma: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
sad

The die is cast. It's show time!

I pray Obaseki survive the backlash.

The clash of the titans!

Edo is one state to watch in the coming days.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by adecz: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
sad sad

Politics of bitterness .

Imo, Benue, Zamfara & now, Edo.

Oshiomole is always a destabilizing
influence, who is prepared to scatter
everything, if he doesn't have his way.

Since his oyibo wife leave am, the
man has been mad at everybody.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by chibu4u2(m): 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
shocked

See the excuse.........To control flooding, as if na only the building dey cause flood dir.
Millions wasted in the name of personal vandetta.

People dey oh.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by olaboy33(m): 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
I don't know what or who Obaseki is relying on, but I know Obaseki is digging his grave very fast.

He is fighting oshiomole who is not fighting him, he has been on a offensive spree all these while, while, oshiomole has remained strategically silent.

The silence of the gods doesn't mean they don't know what to do. Even Noah looked stupid until it started to rain.

Who has ears, let him hear.

132 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by CotenantNIG: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
oga ooo

Do you Need a room mate to rent an apartment with or you need someone to share your apartment join Co-Tenant community
Rent peering platform
https://cotenant.ng/post-a-request/
Please follow this link to get started

1 Like

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by AllenSpencer: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
Drowning man!

Obaseki is a goner!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by Vivonose: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
I really love obaseki's approach,I just fear he won't make 2nd term
He has made a lot of positive change in Edo state

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by Danobb: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
D battle I was waiting for
amSTARboy:
Game on
Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
The battle line has been drawn. But this fight might be too big for Obaseki. This fight may consume him.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by know: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
Wow. Obaseki has burned every bridges. No going back. A fight to finish, if he loses,he loses...his mind is seared with iron. Unlike the former puf uncle in Lagos who could not fight and play dirty and can't even step into his village. Chai.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by nicho450(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
But?
Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by DropsMic(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Ehya
Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by Bluntguy: 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Obaseki has started behaving like a Bull in a china shop. Hope he won't take steps that will make him lose Edo people's support, just like that afonja in Kwara.

4 Likes

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by HigherEd: 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Keep perpetuating poverty because you are fighting with ur political opponent

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by lonlytroy(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Problem
Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by Gten(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Edo "winch".
Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by Enwhen(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
EVERY WHERE IS DEMOLISHING

FROM

ILE ARUGBO. TO

ILE AGBERO

WAR

7 Likes

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by millionboi(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
He must b loyal to oshomole

1 Like

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by KIDfurniture(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Beautiful.. nice move.. oshiomole must be punish before he meets his ancestors

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by Bellgal: 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
Chai!!!!!!! This is bad

2 Likes

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by AllenSpencer: 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
Elslim:
This is war, I repeat this is War!!!!!!

It's no war. Someone just pained.

10 Likes

Re: Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). by Dpharisee: 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
Ganduje vs Sanusi, Obaseki vs Oshomole. Las Las APC na scam

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Newly Renovated Government House Enugu / Peter Obi Sighted today At the Asaba Airport. In High Spirits / Will Buhari Dance? - Dele Momodu Asks. Shares Video Of Prince Charles & Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.