Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! (55269 Views)

Help! My Head Is Embarrassingly Big. Makes Me Sad / Dark Patches On My Skin. Dermatologists, Please Help. / My Head Is Getting Bald And It Is Making Me Feel Depressed,pls Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Zooposki(f): 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2020
Check your food sensitivities/intolerances. They can cause it.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by 8stargeneral: 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2020
u go be a rich man in no distance time!

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by kaycee125: 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
Cut your hair skin cut and know peace, I have full hair but I always prefer my hair and goatee very low, emulate me
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by BluntBlunt: 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
chipsypop:
Good day all. Sometime last year I just woke up one morning and noticed a bald patch in the middle of my head overnight. When I googled it I found out that it is called ALOPECIA AREATA and that it has no cure. I learnt that it is caused by the body's defence system fighting the hell cells for no reason.

Pls I would like to know if any Nairalander has experienced this before and how he or she handled it.

Mods Pls move to front page, abeg help a brother

Visit useful_herbs on Instagram.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Gten(m): 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
Hi, sorry you are experiencing ALOPECIA AREATA it can be embarrassing having to cut your hair or even perpetually donning a cap, speaking from personal experience, diet, state of mind and hygiene are some of the causes. Be not dismayed because it is a situation that can be reversed, can't remember the name of the drug I used but, would look it up and update this post as soon as I can. Best wishes!
UPDATE
A doctor friend recommended MINOXIDIL TAB, but it was expensive so I opted for this product which had minoxidil as a major ingredient and, within a month I got good results, you can check it up in pharmacies near you but, I purchased from jumia at the time. Good luck, hope to hear of your progress soon!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Femeto: 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2020
Herbs way to go. I have lost air too and tried diff product but them no work.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Martinez39s(m): 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2020
Zinedine Zidane.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2020
Scrap the whole thing and wear a new look. You might be surprised you'll look handsomer grin
When you go bald.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Brightgem(f): 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
Just saw a movie about this yesterday. Never knew about this condition. Some say some herbs and oil could solve it. Guys might be able to cope better than ladies. You can always barb skull.

Sorry abt the situation brother.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by IceQween(f): 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
Gten:
Hi, sorry you are experiencing ALOPECIA AREATA it can be embarrassing having to cut your hair or even perpetually donning a cap, speaking from personal experience, diet, state of mind and hygiene are some of the causes. Be not dismayed because it is a situation that can be reversed, can't remember the name of the drug I used but, would look it up and update this post as soon as I can. Best wishes!

I am also interested in the drug please. I would look forward to knowing about it too.

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Orpe7(m): 3:45pm On Feb 09, 2020
Shave your head
You're not the first,and its it's nothing to be ashamed of.
my colleague way back secondary school days in Kings college Lagos had the same
Nnamdi Nwabasili but you may know him as N6
Just grow a beard
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Smartlife(m): 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2020
Don't let the comments here weigh you down. I experienced this mid last year. I suddenly wake up to discover those patches on my hair. As months went by I lost even more. I started barbing skin cut gradually on those places I saw patches. It was hard to accept at first and I result to wear cap often.

Google said no cure and all. You might be lucky to regrow again. For me my hair have regrown. I tried all the hair formula none worked.

But I tried so many things. You lack vitamin d. Ensure you take some early morning sun. Drink glucose D. Change your diet. Eat lots of fruits and eat local dish like abacha, fio fio, beans, eat cashew nuts, fruit salad, drink enough water.

And avoid too much masturbation. Try this for some months.

4 Likes

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Angelfrost(m): 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2020
Brother, seek the services of a consultant endocrinologist or immunologist...

He will take you through general and specific tests to properly determine the actual cause of such premature alopecia (That's if it is not drug related).

In the meantime, try topical treatments like Minoxidil Solution (Regaine), Castor Oil, and Andrea Hair Oil.

...And Please, keep your hair low at all times. It makes it less obvious.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by ikcid: 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2020
For a little fee, you would bid goodbye to that grin grin cheesy
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by HundHunter(m): 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2020
That is how my bald head started....from the center field. I fought my barber until I realized it was hereditary and a natural condition I can't escape. Now I rock skinhead. It's now my logo and unique identity. I love it and my wife loves it. Everyone says its cool �.

3 Likes

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by MICHEALADEX(m): 3:49pm On Feb 09, 2020
Your village people just opened a new saloon and gave you a center cut or you want upper cut ni >: grin
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 09, 2020
danduchi:
I had same experience in 2010.. Just woke up and felt side of my head bald. I took different medication and spent a lot but hair won't grow back. Friends in school teased me and called the bald side memory card space. One faithful day, I was on my way to meet my doctor to explain there was no improvement on that bald part when suddenly a buzu woman ( they're Fulani, very tall with long hair.. Most times they sell tea and local herbs esp. buran tashi) the woman said she has cure for me bald part and if I also want hair in any part of my body, she has herbs for it. God knows I almost ignored that woman. She demanded for just #200 but I gave her #100 cos I felt it won't work.. Lo and behold, 2 days after I used her herbs, my hair came back. Hair I lost for more than 2years came back after 2days of using that herb. I wish I can meet that woman to appreciate her again.
Yikes those people use human parts to make those their concortion they call medicine for hair growth, touch and follow and even man power....
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by chukwuibuipob: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2020
sad baldness is NOT SPIRITUAL. Go and have a low cut(skin cut).Malam's can giv u clean one @150k pere..Nothing do u
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by ZombieHUNT: 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
Vimhomoh:
No, come and educate me
ask goggle and educate yourself
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by danugochukwu96(m): 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
Bros you need a gross examination by a skilled dermatologist, some scrapping, I can't clearly see the surface, but i suspect that scalp might have suffered depigmentation, there is a possibility a mycotic agent is responsible, but you need to establish that first, have seen sth similar although there was extension to the beard , initial presumptive diagnosis was tinea barbae but then when fungal studies was carried out, it was discovered more complicated.

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by silverkings: 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
I can't bring my health problem to this space. Nairalanders have gone mad

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
Focusmind:

I started growing my beards which were growing very fast and thick
Beards growin', but no so fast; you got any idea to make em grow fast?
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Karemarealty288(m): 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2020
The name sounds like Italian food..

2 Likes

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by ignis: 4:06pm On Feb 09, 2020
Please go see a doctor
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2020
Dats messed up. Very baad
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by timibare(m): 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2020
grin grin grin grin Ayam sorry I can't hold the laughter any longer
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by michoim(m): 4:19pm On Feb 09, 2020
Go and see a dermatologist first. There should be a cure for it
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by gagadey(m): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
chipsypop:
Good day all. Sometime last year I just woke up one morning and noticed a bald patch in the middle of my head overnight. When I googled it I found out that it is called ALOPECIA AREATA and that it has no cure. I learnt that it is caused by the body's defence system fighting the hell cells for no reason.

Pls I would like to know if any Nairalander has experienced this before and how he or she handled it.

U can use Regaine on it. It contained minoxidil which helps increase blood supply to the hair follicles and improve growth. It works really well but you have to have patience. At least 2 months before you start seeing changes. Its expensive too. U can get at any H-Medix shop or any good pharmacy
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Dollabiz: 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2020
Oh
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2020
chipsypop:

Wash your hands after eating fried or smoked fish. Stop rubbing that damn thing on your hair when you know well your house is infested with angry rodents. It is rats that are eating your hair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Survives Colon Cancer, Weds Lady Who Stood By Him / Boss Mustapha: I Never Knew Nigeria’s Healthcare Infrastructure Was In Bad State / Help Me!!! My Skin Is Rough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.