Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:55 PM

Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! (55186 Views)

Help! My Head Is Embarrassingly Big. Makes Me Sad / Dark Patches On My Skin. Dermatologists, Please Help. / My Head Is Getting Bald And It Is Making Me Feel Depressed,pls Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Ganjafama(m): 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
owprint:
Happened to me.. I was able to treat mine, although it lasted for almost a year. I was trying all kind of cream and soaps, yet not avail.

Until my mum got a cream and soap and within 2week, (this February), the stuff cleared.

Throughout those times, I was barbing skincut every Friday. I know how much I wasted for barber hand.

I can help you with the cream and soap if you want to
What are their names?
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by danthamccoy(m): 10:22pm On Feb 11, 2020
gagadey:

Thats nicee
Where can one get that too?
Jumia.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by gagadey(m): 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2020
danthamccoy:

Jumia.
Alright. Thanks
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by ItzzDm(m): 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2020
[quote author=retake89 post=86517918][/quote]
So what were you given in the pharmacy?
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by ItzzDm(m): 11:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
Ganjafama:
What are their names?

Yeah I need to know the name also
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by johnpablo541(m): 3:23am On Feb 18, 2020
mykel25:

Your help is here.... I suffered from it too Buh got the healing when I used this medication

Anti allergy- Loratadine

Ketoconazole

Them wash your hair with Nizoral shampoo... leave shampoo on your hair for like 30 minutes before washing off
please be careful advising people to take medications without prescription.
ketoconazole should be used only when you cannot use other antifungal medications. Ketoconazole can cause serious harm to your liver that may result in liver transplant or cause death.

1 Like

Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by ItzzDm(m): 3:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
owprint:
Happened to me.. I was able to treat mine, although it lasted for almost a year. I was trying all kind of cream and soaps, yet not avail.

Until my mum got a cream and soap and within 2week, (this February), the stuff cleared.

Throughout those times, I was barbing skincut every Friday. I know how much I wasted for barber hand.

I can help you with the cream and soap if you want to

Still waiting for response on the cream and soap please
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by danibest001: 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2020
Angelfrost:
Brother, seek the services of a consultant endocrinologist or immunologist...

He will take you through general and specific tests to properly determine the actual cause of such premature alopecia (That's if it is not drug related).

In the meantime, try topical treatments like Minoxidil Solution (Regaine), Castor Oil, and Andrea Hair Oil.

...And Please, keep your hair low at all times. It makes it less obvious.

Am also interested.

I have been experiencing the same situation for about five years now.

How do I get it since its not over the counter drugs.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by danibest001: 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2020
gagadey:

U can use Regaine on it. It contained minoxidil which helps increase blood supply to the hair follicles and improve growth. It works really well but you have to have patience. At least 2 months before you start seeing changes. Its expensive too. U can get at any H-Medix shop or any good pharmacy

You can't get unless it's prescribed by a doctor, so how can one get without the doctor
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by Angelfrost(m): 2:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
danibest001:

Am also interested.

I have been experiencing the same situation for about five years now.

How do I get it since its not over the counter drugs.

Minoxidil Solution is sold over the counter for treating most forms of premature hair loss. Regaine is a very popular brand (Quite expensive tho). It comes as Solution for application, shampoo, and hair foam... If you reside in Lagos or Abuja, check the following shops: Healthplus Pharmacy outlets, MedPlus Pharmacy, Alpha Pharmacy (Ikeja Axis).

Jamaican Black Castor Oil mixed with Andrea Oil does wonders for a lot of guys. They will make a good and massive addition to Regaine treatment.

Supplements rich in Biotin, Selenium, Zinc, and Collagen will equally help from within. E.g. HairFollic for Men (Vitabiotics), Maxi-Hair for men (Country-Life), etc.
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by gagadey(m): 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
danibest001:

You can't get unless it's prescribed by a doctor, so how can one get without the doctor
You’ll have to see a doctor then
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by ManWithNoName: 9:05am On Mar 12, 2020
danduchi:
I had same experience in 2010.. Just woke up and felt side of my head bald. I took different medication and spent a lot but hair won't grow back. Friends in school teased me and called the bald side memory card space. One faithful day, I was on my way to meet my doctor to explain there was no improvement on that bald part when suddenly a buzu woman ( they're Fulani, very tall with long hair.. Most times they sell tea and local herbs esp. buran tashi - manpower) the woman said she has cure for the bald part and if I also want hair in any part of my body, she has herbs for it. God knows I almost ignored that woman. She demanded for just #200 but I gave her #100 cos I felt it won't work.. Lo and behold, 2 days after I used her herbs, my hair came back. Hair I lost for more than 2years came back after 2days of using that herb. I wish I can meet that woman to appreciate her again.
I just bought it. How did you apply it? You just poured it on your hair?
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by danduchi(m): 11:42am On Mar 12, 2020
ManWithNoName:
mix with your hair cream or Vaseline after bath
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by ziziangel(m): 11:20pm On Mar 12, 2020
ManWithNoName:

Hello bro.
What's the name of the herbs?
Expecting response, thanks in advance
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by ItzzDm(m): 4:25pm On Mar 13, 2020
danduchi:
mix with your hair cream or Vaseline after bath

Please any idea on what the herbs is called?
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by danduchi(m): 5:11pm On Mar 13, 2020
ItzzDm:

Please any idea on what the herbs is called?
read my previous comment on this thread
Re: Alopecia Areata: My Head Is Being Filled With Bald Patches, Help! by bulespephilo(m): 8:32am On Jan 12, 2022
I need help o guys.
The thing has happened to me. I've tried most of the solutions here and it didn't work. The patches keep expanding.
Now trying to encroach my eye lashes and beards.

Urgent help needed please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help Me!!! My Skin Is Rough / American Lady Always Sexually Aroused: I Cry & Beg Him To Have Sex With Me / Boss Mustapha: I Never Knew Nigeria’s Healthcare Infrastructure Was In Bad State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.