Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Let's Reason. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let's Reason. (403 Views)

Come Let Reason Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Reason. by Ketamine9000mg(m): 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
I know this kind of circumstance I am about to present is legally right but let's talk morality.

Is it morally appropriate for a 29year old man to marry a 19year old lady?

I personally feel a 19year old lady is not really capable to make the right decision on issue as big as marriage.
Re: Let's Reason. by Omar09(m): 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2020
Ketamine9000mg:
I know this kind of circumstance I am about to present is legally right but let's talk morality.

Is it morally appropriate for a 29year old man to marry a 19year old lady?

I personally feel a 19year old lady is not really capable to make the right decision on issue as big as marriage.

18 is the age of responsibility. Once 18 can be prosecuted under the law. It is assumed that's when an adult could be held responsible for his or her actions. So 19y is a morally right age for marriage regardless of the capability to make the right or wrong decision.

1 Like

Re: Let's Reason. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2020
smiley
^^^^ i concur. You type with reason alot.
Re: Let's Reason. by Ketamine9000mg(m): 6:32pm On Feb 05, 2020
Omar09:

18 is the age of responsibility. Once 18 can be prosecuted under the law. It is assumed that's when an adult could be held responsible for his or her actions. So 19y is a morally right age for marriage regardless of the capability to make the right or wrong decision.

I understand you. For instance,I don't really know how true is this:in USA,if somebody is having an emergency health problem and you attempt to help the person actively without the proper medical training and injures the person in the process,you can be held liable.

The above action is morally right but legally wrong.
Re: Let's Reason. by Omar09(m): 6:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
Ketamine9000mg:

I understand you. For instance,I don't really know how true is this:in USA,if somebody is having an emergency health problem and you attempt to help the person actively without the proper medical training and injures the person in the process,you can be held liable.

The above action is morally right but legally wrong.

It very much true. And that's why they prefer calling 911 than using a cloth to prevent bleeding.

But to be honest most ladies under the age of 19 and above 18 prefer not to get married at that age, they claim they wanna explore more and once married they won't explore hence break marital vows. It's both morally and legally right, but it comes off as immoral when most of them are shamed because "they got married too early". And most men don't like to get married to them because these men feel they are "too young" to take decisions and stand by it. In fact most ladies need to get married at that age, it's their need, but usually the "wants" always supersedes the "need". Hence it appears immoral to marry a girl at that age.
Re: Let's Reason. by Ketamine9000mg(m): 6:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
Blu03:
smiley

^^^^ i concur.
You type with reason alot.

Lol
Re: Let's Reason. by Ketamine9000mg(m): 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
Omar09:

It very much true. And that's why they prefer calling 911 than using a cloth to prevent bleeding.

But to be honest most ladies under the age of 19 and above 18 prefer not to get married at that age, they claim they wanna explore more and once married they won't explore hence break marital vows. It's both morally and legally right, but it comes off as immoral when most of them are shamed because "they got married too early". And most men don't like to get married to them because these men feel they are "too young" to take decisions and stand by it. In fact most ladies need to get married at that age, it's their need, but usually the "wants" always supersedes the "need". Hence it appears immoral to marry a girl at that age.
It is morally right and the same time wrong based on what angle you view it from?
Re: Let's Reason. by Omar09(m): 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2020
Ketamine9000mg:

It is morally right and the same time wrong based on what angle you view it from?

From my angle, it's morally right.
Re: Let's Reason. by Ketamine9000mg(m): 7:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
Omar09:

From my angle, it's morally right.

Ok ma'am.
Re: Let's Reason. by Omar09(m): 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
Ketamine9000mg:

Ok ma'am.

Forget sex thingy... I'm a dude.
Re: Let's Reason. by Ketamine9000mg(m): 8:37pm On Feb 05, 2020
Omar09:

Forget sex thingy... I'm a dude.

Lol! I see. smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Valentine Problem: What Is It With Girls And Boxers or Singlet / Who Else Was Invited For This Interview / Mad Man And Man Women Kissing On Valentine Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.