Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ (69362 Views)

9-Year-Old David Balogun Becomes One Of The Youngest Ever High School Graduate / A Photo Of A 9-Year-Old Saudi Boy Carrying 3 School Bags On His Back Goes Viral / Joshua Agboola: Meet 9-year-old Who Developed A Website For His School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by hadaydhollarpo(m): 12:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
Impressive for his age but he is using one of two common formulas used to do this either Zeller rule formula or Key value date formula which he must have been taught by his dad or mum..but for his age it's impressive, very impressive that he has memorized the formula
Mtchew.... How i wish you can discern a genius when you sight one!
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Johnson5258: 12:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
You need to see the way this boy brain booth to tell you the exact day when you give him a date. I was marvelled when I saw him on TVC. God is great!

2 Likes

Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Horus(m): 12:02pm On Feb 07, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-O3FXSg9pY

Siju, the Nigerian 9-year old Calendar prodigy

Siju Olawepo, is Nigerian 9-year-old genius that tells day of the week of any year without checking an actual calendar.

1 Like

Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by judgementyard(m): 12:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
Riele:

Uncle , you that have read your book what have you achieved apart rumming nairaland and sweating for my attention ?
Fu...k off
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by judgementyard(m): 12:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
Kingrexyl:
When I graduated from school you were prolly still sucking your mom breast, you think because you are in a faceless forum you can talk to those who are far older than you anyhow? even my nephew of 23 won't talk to me in such way, well I don't really blame you.
Well said
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
SmartyPants:

Do you really know what a savant is??

A savant is actually a person who is severely mentally impaired which is balanced by an extremely high ability in one specific area.

Please don't say what you don't know

Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by sheriffindy(m): 12:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
Kingrexyl..Act like the 'king' you tagged yourself..leave the small girl alone, it's obvious she's acting like her age. They wanna grow up with a quickness.

Learn to ignore some things and some people..will do alotta good to your health and personality.

I TIRE FOR THIS UNA NAIRALAND SEF

2 Likes

Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by edward1106(m): 12:05pm On Feb 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
Impressive for his age but he is using one of two common formulas used to do this either Zeller rule formula or Key value date formula which he must have been taught by his dad or mum..but for his age it's impressive, very impressive that he has memorized the formula
Watched him on TVC early this year, he doesn't use any formula, he just knows the answer. His condition is rare just like those that can tell u the result of a fraction or multiplication to as much as 19 decimal places without calculator

2 Likes

Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Horus(m): 12:06pm On Feb 07, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI5n9VntJOM

Nine-year old Siju Olawepo has calendar dates in his brain

Here is the gripping story on the extraordinary nine year old primary school pupil in Lagos. Siju Olawepo is a calendar prodigy. He can actually tell you the particular day of the week you were born, say, as far as the sixteenth century. Give him sixtieth century dates and he will supply you with the particular days. He can accomplish this task even much faster than an internet search engine. Ola Awakan is adding this to the list of exceptional children he has brought to the limelight in less than two years.
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Riele:

Where in my posts have I claimed feminist ? .

Do you know what been a feminist is ? . Abi you just go around calling out any one that calls male out feminist .?

If you were employed you won't go around quoting me .

What exactly are you doing in romance section .

Don't you know business section exist ?

For your last sentence . Answer the question below .
How're you doing?
What's your age?
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Shyluck(m): 12:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Same here .

Do you know me ??

Are you staying with me ?

Why conclude that I don't read ?
Because you see me on nairaland probably in the morning and evening you conclude that I must not be reading ?

Who said I don't visit educational thread ?
Have you been to the education section ? . Empty nothing to Learn from !

Because you see my posts in one or two places doesn't mean I sleep on nairaland.

Whatever you did when you were my age is your problem .

Please where have I commented on a choice of d*ck ? .

That comment you saw on preference of rich guys was pun intended .

I haven't type this long In a post apart from my diary . So this should show you the 0.001% attention I gave to your frequent mentioning of my moniker .

Dont mind him. If you don't read your books, how come you read and write very well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by bigpicture001: 12:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
....ppl like that are about world wide. They have higher I.Q

Watch true life stories of some

1.Gifted 2.the man who knows infinity 3. Hi den figures. 4. A beautiful mind

You will be amazed at these talents
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by RillJ(m): 12:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
Riele:

Uncle , you that have read your book what have you achieved apart rumming nairaland and sweating for my attention ?

Give am the attention nau!

Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by CorleonOfSicily: 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
By the size of his nose, he smells the date without mistake

1 Like

Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
Oga na formula because u ain't a scientist u think the guy is a genius to be sincere he is not a genius
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by sheriffindy(m): 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
Kingrexyl..act like the 'king' you tagged yourself. Leave the little girl alone cos it's obvious she's acting her age, they all wanna grow up with a quickness.

Learn to ignore some things and some people like they don't exist, it will do alotta good to your health and personality, trust me, amigos.

I TIRE FOR THIS UNA NAIRALAND SEF!!
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by SmartyPants(m): 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
akinjojo1234:

Please don't say what you don't know

You think you are doing me if you reject knowledge?

"Medical Definition of savant. : a person affected with a developmental disorder (as autism or intellectual disability) who exhibits exceptional skill or brilliance in some limited field (as mathematics or music) especially : autistic savant — see savant syndrome. More from Merriam-Webster on savant."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/savant

"Savant syndrome is a rare, but extraordinary, condition in which persons with serious mental disabilities, including autistic disorder, have some ‘island of genius’ which stands in marked, incongruous contrast to overall handicap. As many as one in 10 persons with autistic disorder have such remarkable abilities in varying degrees, although savant syndrome occurs in other developmental disabilities or in other types of central nervous system injury or disease as well."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677584/

3 Likes

Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by NorthernSerene(m): 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
Riele:

Kai ! Walahi tis girl geti froblem. Ha! Dole ne sai kinyi esforse din shi ? Haba mana!
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Mateen1000: 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
Like its that easy
Better done than said
He’s a Genius SIMPLE
Which 1 is “he has been taught by his dad or mum” His parent might not even be able to do such, Just appreciation the boy and stop the analysis

2 Likes

Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by filleSouriante(f): 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
NwaEje:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh mec grin

Je vais visiter ici (section romance) souvent quand j'aurai
18 ans grin

Quel age as-tu maintenant
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Olam09(m): 12:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
God will always enrich your knowledge i love smart intelligent kids
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by realstars: 12:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
Brother calendar boy.
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Horus(m): 12:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
filleSouriante:

Quel age as-tu maintenant

J'aime ta photo, tu est belle
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
SmartyPants:

You think you are doing me if you reject knowledge?

"Medical Definition of savant. : a person affected with a developmental disorder (as autism or intellectual disability) who exhibits exceptional skill or brilliance in some limited field (as mathematics or music) especially : autistic savant — see savant syndrome. More from Merriam-Webster on savant."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/savant

"Savant syndrome is a rare, but extraordinary, condition in which persons with serious mental disabilities, including autistic disorder, have some ‘island of genius’ which stands in marked, incongruous contrast to overall handicap. As many as one in 10 persons with autistic disorder have such remarkable abilities in varying degrees, although savant syndrome occurs in other developmental disabilities or in other types of central nervous system injury or disease as well."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677584/

Thanks for this. I appreciate knowledge and I'm not too proud to admit when I am wrong.

I was expecting the usual nairaland comeback with insults but shocked at your mature response. Respect
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Horus(m): 12:21pm On Feb 07, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TthSYq_Mm_w

Siju the Genius boy that can tell any day of the calendar

Siju always love asking me for plain sheets to make calendar for 2045 and years to come, we never knew he actually knew what he was talking about. Until the day I decided to check and i started asking him for random dates and he kept on answering them
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Jaymaestro(m): 12:21pm On Feb 07, 2020
Some people and their canny ability to downplay everything. The boy is extraordinary. There are no formulas to his ability.
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Villain7: 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
His services for will be needed. Maybe him go fit do Ogume sef grin
lol you must be from Delta... Make them ask am for baba ijebu oooo
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Mateen1000: 12:23pm On Feb 07, 2020
Zither:

I was reading to see if anyone would use this word. None but you. That boy is a savant in the flesh...a Nigerian for that matter. This is beautiful

The dude saying the boy used a formula to recognize dates using either zeller rule or key value date....you are so DEAD WRONG. Google the savant "Kim Peek" aka the Rain Man and tell me he used zeller formula to memorise dates, books, phone numbers etcetera.... Kim and this 9-year old boy, Siju Olawepo, are just two among many savants. However, savants are a rare phenomenon.

On CNN, I saw a program that featured a savant who could draw an entire landscape of buildings, trees, streets, everything after taking a look at it without the aid of a picture of that landscape and he would miss nothing in the drawing. In fact, savants are blessed.
I swear he’s Savant, Simple as dat
The guy who typed “he memorized a formula bla bla bla” vexed me with his right up, He thought its that easy #smh
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Jaymaestro(m): 12:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TthSYq_Mm_w

Siju the Genius boy that can tell any day of the calendar

Siju always love asking me for plain sheets to make calendar for 2045 and years to come, we never knew he actually knew what he was talking about. Until the day I decided to check and i started asking him for random dates and he kept on answering them

The boy seems outwordly ... Lol.

Almost beyond human.
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Horus(m): 12:25pm On Feb 07, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqZZmQQ_QnY

9-year-old Calendar Scholar, Siju Olawepo

This is the most exceptional and amazing talent I have ever come across. Siju Olawepo is 9 years old.
He is perhaps the only one with his kind of talent in the WORLD.

1 Like

Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Abbey4life: 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2020
well done boy!
Re: Meet 9-Year-Old Siju Olawepo Who Has ‘Calendar Dates In His Brain’ by Abbey4life: 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2020
Mateen1000:

I swear he’s Savant, Simple as dat
The guy who typed “he memorized a formula bla bla bla” vexed me with his right up, He thought its that easy #smh
i agree with you. When you are good, you are good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Certificates: If You Still Have These 2 Things Intact, You're Indeed A Keeper / Laspotech 2012/2013 Post Utme Admission / Nigerian Defence Academy (nda) Form Is Out !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.