Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism (22884 Views)

Eintracht Frankfurt Troll Barcelona Despite Defeat To Bayern Munich / Barcelona Terminate Eric Abidal's Contract As Backroom Clear-out Continues / Messi Criticizes Eric Abidal For Saying Barca Players Don't Work Hard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by avrex3k(m): 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
Astark:
I know very much you are not a Barcelona fan, you are a rival fan that want Barca to fail and I understand how painful it is seeing Messi in Barca.

Ronaldo asked for a pay raise in Madrid and threaten to leave if his wish wasn't granted, Perez threw him out because he wasn't important and even gave his number 7 Jersey to another player.

That's the difference between a loyal and a merchandise, Messi is even more powerful than the club president because he was there when Barcelona was nothing (like arsenal) and help us to become the most valuable club and biggest club in the world.

If Messi was to leave Barcelona, trust me even la Liga would dropped, their sales on clothes and other deals will be seriously affected.

The fans(Barcelona has the highest of fans attending their match) will drop.

So don't dare compare Messi to other players
stfup Barcelona as being great before your midget Messi came to spotlight angry
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by PopeFlatino(m): 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
U Don't know anything about Barca no Messi..ask a Fan like me first (est.2001)
IamMichaels:
Barca was doing well before Messi came in and not like Messi built the team so he should do his part and let the managers do their job. Simple
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by Bonapart(m): 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
Astark:
I know very much you are not a Barcelona fan, you are a rival fan that want Barca to fail and I understand how painful it is seeing Messi in Barca.

Ronaldo asked for a pay raise in Madrid and threaten to leave if his wish wasn't granted, Perez threw him out because he wasn't important and even gave his number 7 Jersey to another player.

That's the difference between a loyal and a merchandise, Messi is even more powerful than the club president because he was there when Barcelona was nothing (like arsenal) and help us to become the most valuable club and biggest club in the world.

If Messi was to leave Barcelona, trust me even la Liga would dropped, their sales on clothes and other deals will be seriously affected.

this one started watching football after 2006 world cup.
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by chloedogie(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2020
mujiboy:

You don’t say Messi was there when the club was nothing, before Messi came, there was Ronaldoinho and couple of excellent players that has did their part to make the club move forward.
Thus,Messi should do his part and leave the rest.

Some of these boys are just babies when it comes to football. You should have asked the boy when Barcelona was ever like Arsenal? Before messi came into limelight, there had been the Ronaldhino, the samuel eto, the Xavi, the Iniesta, the Puyol, the Guily, the Rafael Maquez, the Gudjohnsen, the henrik larson, the master Deco, mark van bommel?

He must be dreaming talking rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by mujiboy(m): 2:38pm On Feb 06, 2020
PopeFlatino:
My Man say what u know and leave what u don't Know.
I never wanted to reply any of u here but Messi's debut season in Barca saw d club claim their first UCL trophy in 10 years..Then the team been built around him from 2008 by Pep remained the best of the decade.

Ronaldinho ,Deco and co were aging,and passing their prime quickly alongside other flirty lifestyle which affected the team's harmony off and on d pitch,making the last days of Frank Rijkaard a moment to forget as they couldn't seize power from Real Madrid with their Galactico squad.

But Pep built a younger and agile team around Messi..this is the start of d new Barca Era which is gradually coming to an end with no good management to reproduce d Pep's deeds

I got you and am not also disputing Messi is an amazing player and all good,but when it comes to issues like this,he can’t always have his way. There is a limit to all powers.
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by PopeFlatino(m): 2:39pm On Feb 06, 2020
Yu and ur mentor Maradona.. who's more influenced by drugs?

Mind u ,Barca with Messi presently is an aged squad consisting of players in their 30's in every vital position which shouldn't be so.
Barca with d previous captains u mentioned were opportuned to have great managers at some point, who's intention is to rebuild d team and had some of this lads younger then including Messi.

Despite all these fails by d Management,Messi's Barca has won Last Liga back to back,Copa del Rey and have been to UCL semi final .

What else do u need?
Dayodragon:
I thought Messi said earlier he doesn't have a say in Barcelona, he's just a football player like others so how come his comment wants to lead to their director's sack?? He's exposed again. After the days of puyol, Xavi and iniesta as captain, Barcelona is now a joke in UCL..Maradona made this statement: Messi is not a team leader, Barca fans were like it's not true.. I hope they can still see that today.. With time it will be clear and they will admit the truth
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by Glare247(m): 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2020
Astark:
first of all are you even a Barcelona fan?(you are likely not) then why are you so pained about this Barcelona issue?

Messi is one of the biggest brand in the world and the greatest player ever so Barca are ready to sack anyone to keep him happy.

Do you have any idea how many times Perez tried to sign Messi?
Stop typing trash,
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by PopeFlatino(m): 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2020
Do u know that Barca just became d richest club in the world this month ahead of d long time dominant force from Madrid?

Barca's problem is d management,Not Messi,Not d squad.

So they still remain d biggest arguably
safarigirl:

Barcelona is slowly becoming a banter club, and Messi is atill there

Barcelona has been reduced to mere local champions for the past how many seasons? And you want to insult United that got an Europa League trophy just two seasons ago?

My Guy, sit down. Your club ain't sh*t no more, even the local league sef that you people were bossing, this season is giving it to you hot hot

BTW, CR7 was NEVER United's taliman, Ferguson was winning trophies before CR7 even came, but if you Messi wankerz don't drag ororo into your dirty discussions, una no go rest.

Messi built Barcelona indeed, and he will be there as it crumbles.
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by cassidy1996(m): 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2020
mujiboy:

You don’t say Messi was there when the club was nothing, before Messi came, there was Ronaldinho and couple of excellent players that did their part to make the club move forward.
Thus,Messi should do his part and leave the rest.
thumbs up!

2 Likes

Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by ijayaone: 2:43pm On Feb 06, 2020
Sirheny007:
Fear the short man of Newells. Fear Messi. This is the same player whose fanatic fans eulogize for humility.
In reality, what the dwarf lacked in height he made up in hatred and jealousy. He would think nothing of starting a mutiny. I knew Abidal's job was in danger immediately Messi spoke.
Abidal should use his head anytime he blabs to the press. Messi sacked Valverde; he could still sack him.
lol messi sack valverde,where did you read dat,think before you talk bro
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by anonymous1759(m): 2:44pm On Feb 06, 2020
Sirheny007:
Fear the short man of Newells.
Fear Messi.
This is the same player whose fanatic fans eulogize for humility.

In reality, what the dwarf lacked in height he made up in hatred and jealousy.
He would think nothing of starting a mutiny.
I knew Abidal's job was in danger immediately Messi spoke.

Abidal should use his head anytime he blabs to the press.
Messi sacked Valverde; he could still sack him.

Badbelle kill you there. I beg your club to employ valvade for free and see his wonders. Valverde deserves to be in jail for the pains he caused Barca fans.
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by PopeFlatino(m): 2:44pm On Feb 06, 2020
grin gbam
Astark:
that's what is deluded fans believe, Ronaldo was kicked out because he asked Perez to treat him how Barca treat Messi.

Perez responded. "If you want to be treated like Messi, start playing like Messi".
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by anonymous1759(m): 2:47pm On Feb 06, 2020
iykololo:

Bros you are a fucking liar

You're quick typist. Check Barca stats before and currently when Messi came in before you quote anybody.
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by ijayaone: 2:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
everybody talking trash,messi did not say they should sack abidal,messi speach was just like defending him self and his teamates just a normal thing as a captain.how does that relate with sacking someone ,but haters will be twisting news mtheew
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by Chibuking1402(m): 2:52pm On Feb 06, 2020
Astark:

Must you mention arsenal?...nawooo
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by PopeFlatino(m): 2:53pm On Feb 06, 2020
Which wilderness?...Don't forget,the year Barca won it was the year Messi made his debut and was part of d squad until Chelsea injured him.

Haven't Dinho been there before then?....So d Birth of Messi in d team brought Barca Back from d so called wilderness of URS..and The team built around him in 2008 is a prove of everything.

So StFU
Bbbwings:

Who bought Barcelona back from the wilderness.?
How many years passed before Ronaldinho won you the ucl
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by Dayodragon: 2:53pm On Feb 06, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Perez failed to honor his promise to increase Ronaldo's pay because he saw him as another replaceable player. To Madrid, he was just a mini-legend who has done what he was paid to do.

The same cannot be said for the Barcelona talisman. Abidal made a derogatory statement and Messi shunned him. Why would you say players were not working hard enough? It is like he was insinuating that Valverde's sack was a conspiracy. Meanwhile, Barcelona were league leaders all through Valverde's tenure. How's that conspiracy?

So you see why the board had to reason alongside with Messi's opinion and put Abidal's under the knife.

Messi quoting he should have pointed out the players was also right ? with time we will know if he was right or wrong
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by ijayaone: 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2020
mujiboy:

I got you and am not also disputing Messi is an amazing player and all good,but when it comes to issues like this,he can’t always have his way. There is a limit to all powers.
bro that statement messi make is not power or relating to sacking abidal ,he was just defending him self ,i suggest you should go back to read the news,everybody here hate messi so they wont even read before commenting rubish
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by wisdomkid: 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
logon599:
Wow I don't think this looks good anymore. Why is a director's job under threat because a star player criticized something he said? Admittedly Abidal was wrong criticizing his players publicly but that's not the main problem. The problem is that Barca have allowed Messi too much political power that is not healthy for the club. Former Barca captains and legends like Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta never had this level of control and things went smoothly. If Messi is the president of the club as well as a player then make it clear.

Need professional and affordable architectural designs? Or building construction? Kindly chat or call 0816 124 7898 and we won't disappoint. We've not disappointed hundreds of clients natiowide already.

Lol, do you know how much LEO is worth to Barcelona?
Watch Ronaldo. He left Madrid and took millions of fans with him, same goes for Messi too. There are players, and there are PLAYERS.
All players are equal, but some players are more equal than others.
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by Geminiman93(m): 3:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
Eric should just stop it and face whatever he's doing on his table and leave the pitch alone to Messi
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by FirstbornWds: 3:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
Dayodragon:

Messi quoting he should have pointed out the players was also right ? with time we will know if he was right or wrong

I don't understand.
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by Codes151(m): 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2020
Astark:

oga keep quiet. it wasnt pay rise. Real wanted to balance their books.. had to sell one of ronaldo vs bale. the board preferred bale since he was younger as a successor....

at the moment, the time was right. zidane was against it. rather, wanted to keep CR7 and sell bale. more reason he resigned.

be sure before u spill sir. either learn or quote me with more thrash!
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by Johnsown1(m): 3:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
I think Barcelona are giving messi too much power and it is going to affect the club very much. Barcelona are afraid of change. The problem is that they are afraid of change, they belief that their life depends on messi ( truth)

Luis Enrique got sacked cause of messi
many of them
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by charlesm91(m): 3:48pm On Feb 06, 2020
Astark:

in la liga the numbers 1-25 can’t be dropped/retired and must be filled each season. So either Mariano or another would have still ended up with the number 7 jersey. Also Perez later upped Ronaldo’s fee but Ronaldo insisted on going.
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by charlesm91(m): 3:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
Codes151:
oga keep quiet. it wasnt pay rise. Real wanted to balance their books.. had to sell one of ronaldo vs bale. the board preferred bale since he was younger as a successor....

at the moment, the time was right. zidane was against it. rather, wanted to keep CR7 and sell bale. more reason he resigned.

be sure before u spill sir. either learn or quote me with more thrash!
no mind the guy. even viewership in liga don drop, even Messi sef dey miss Ronaldo for la liga.

1 Like

Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by antiApc(m): 3:54pm On Feb 06, 2020
lloyds:
Messi is not God.. Barca needs to understand that. .

The fact that he criticized someone shouldn't be a consideration for a sack in first place....
Messi is god
Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by einsteine(m): 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2020
Astark:

Barcelona was nothing before Messi?

A club that had produced multiple ballon d'or winners before Messi was nothing?

A club that had won the league and cl double was nothing?

Please get out of Messi's ass.

3 Likes

Re: Eric Abidal Will Retain His Job At Barcelona Despite Messi Criticism by Ebubeslym(m): 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2020
A week old TECNO POUVOIR 3 AIR AVALIABLE.

COLOUR : Midnight black All ACCESSORIES COMPLETE 24K slightly negotiable KETU, LAGOS
Contact on signature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr Accepts NFF’s Contract, Conditions / Manchester City Has The Most Expensive Squad In Football History - CIES / Lionel Messi: Broken And Has Equalled 74 RECORDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.