Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor (15959 Views)

Ugu Farming And Setup Analysis / Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / Is Ugu Farming This Useless? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Benagro: 8:30pm On Apr 08, 2020
[quote author=Psalmy2cute post=88228592]see what it's like, farming ugu with driptapes..[/quot

Is it necessary to stake if your doing commercial considering you will be cutting every 2 weeks
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2020
[quote author=Benagro post=88235826][/quote]
not necessary.. but I believe you'll get better produce when you stake the plants.. to avoid it crawling on the soil

1 Like

Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Adamma91(f): 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

not necessary.. but I believe you'll get better produce when you stake the plants.. to avoid it crawling on the soil
, staking will be nice only if you are growing ugu for pods production, if am cutting every two weeks I don't think is that necessary.
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by HornyTave: 1:14am On Apr 09, 2020
Adamma91:
, staking will be nice only if you are growing ugu for pods production, if am cutting every two weeks I don't think is that necessary.

Funny enough I did ugu last year October and staked, I used drip too and it did better than crawling ones. though i didn't stake like cucumber, i did shade staking

1 Like

Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:39am On Apr 09, 2020
HornyTave:

Funny enough I did ugu last year October and staked, I used drip too and it did better than crawling ones. though i didn't stake like cucumber, i did shade staking
the leaves will be fresh, and you'll get less issues of bacteria leaf spot

2 Likes

Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by HornyTave: 9:58am On Apr 09, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

the leaves will be fresh, and you'll get less issues of bacteria leaf spot

Though I didn't witness th harvesting but my farm manager told me he was impressed with the outcome

1 Like

Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Adamma91(f): 11:23am On Apr 09, 2020
HornyTave:

and u cut every two weeks?
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by AshinzeNonso: 11:35am On Apr 09, 2020
EverythinDeals:

I am budgeting 4 or 5k. Can I get at this rate next week?
Budget 5-7k because those bringing it can't have access to Lagos State were they usually sell as at last week, it was 4k5 u should know that it might likely increase
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by HornyTave: 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2020
Adamma91:
and u cut every two weeks?
every 10 days
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Adamma91(f): 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2020
HornyTave:

every 10 days
ok
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Adamma91(f): 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2020
Who care for this white ugu

Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
Adamma91:
Who care for this white ugu
I've never heard of this one.. is it edible??
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Adamma91(f): 1:34pm On Apr 14, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
I've never heard of this one.. is it edible??
lol just saw it among my ugu.
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Hadsty23(m): 4:39pm On Apr 14, 2020
Lol... that's wonderful.

Give it a special treatment and make some findings. Who knows shocked
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by donquincy98(m): 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
Adamma91:
ugu sell very well where I am, my friend has been here for three years cultivating ugu and she has been selling very well. it just matter of this lock down, buyer from Lagos troop in here every four day to buy all sorts if vegetable. I live in Lagos but I farm in Ogun state. She has ugu that she has been selling before now and demand was high. This one is for both of us.

Generally, the current country's situation affected almost everything especially farm produce.

By the way, does your friend cultivate ugu all year round or during dry season only?
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Victornezzar: 8:13am On Apr 15, 2020
Adamma91:
lol just saw it among my ugu.
Good morning dear.... You just inspired me

I have been planning on erecting a cucumber farm after school
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Adamma91(f): 12:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
Victornezzar:

Good morning dear.... You just inspired me

I have been planning on erecting a cucumber farm after school
that will be nice
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Adamma91(f): 12:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
donquincy98:

Generally, the current country's situation affected almost everything especially farm produce.

By the way, does your friend cultivate ugu all year round or during dry season only?
all year round
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Adamma91(f): 12:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hadsty23:
Lol... that's wonderful.

Give it a special treatment and make some findings. Who knows shocked
it has withered, took the picture when the ugu was 3 weeks old
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Victornezzar: 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
Adamma91:
that will be nice
How much did you get your farm at lease

Is it an acre??
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by abilityC: 7:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
Adamma91:
Im still trying to understand the economics behind this, for waiting that two weeks how much worth should that be if you sell all what you cut after waiting for 2 weeks?
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
abilityC:
Im still trying to understand the economics behind this, for waiting that two weeks how much worth should that be if you sell all what you cut after waiting for 2 weeks?
that depends on the market and the number of ugu stands you have in your farm

1 Like

Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Adamma91(f): 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
Victornezzar:

How much did you get your farm at lease

Is it an acre??
yes it one acre, leased #15k
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Victornezzar: 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
Adamma91:
yes it one acre, leased #15k
Per year ryt

And is the soil fertile for cucumber plantation
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Idemujoseph: 9:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

that depends on the market and the number of ugu stands you have in your farm
Thanks for job well done!
Assuming 4000 stands of ugu in acre and other things bein equal. What will the 4000 stands worth every two weeks.
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
Idemujoseph:
Thanks for job well done!
Assuming 4000 stands of ugu in acre and other things bein equal. What will the 4000 stands worth every two weeks.

I cant say.. you can ask the thread owner,.. shes the one farming ugu
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by donquincy98(m): 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2020
Adamma91:
all year round

What method of irrigation has she been using during dry season?
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Mariangeles(f): 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2020
Adamma91:
Planting done and dusted
We planted all by yourself with help of our farmer friends,
Money spent so far
Seed 38 buckets. #152,000
Clearing. #28,000
First plough. #8,000
Second plough #6,000
Fuel for irrigation. #16,000
Total. #210,000
So far so good, waiting on God for bounty germination

May God bless your handwork.
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by olumide3367(m): 6:56pm On Apr 16, 2020
Get your comprehensive ugwu farming ebook. Contains step by step guide on ugwu farming. Chat on whatsapp 07015585967
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Adamma91(f): 6:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
Victornezzar:

Per year ryt

And is the soil fertile for cucumber plantation
yes per year
For cucumber, I don't know much but I heard that there are cucumber farmers here though I have not seen any.
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Victornezzar: 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2020
Adamma91:
yes per year
For cucumber, I don't know much but I heard that there are cucumber farmers here though I have not seen any.
Do you sell at the Mile12 market
Re: Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor by Adamma91(f): 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
Victornezzar:

Do you sell at the Mile12 market
sell what at mile 12 pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets / We Can Supply Raw Honey From The Bees / Get Free Hybrid Suckers Up To 5,000 Seedlings In Ogbomoso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.