Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon (38135 Views)

#EndSARS Lagos Protests (Live Updates) / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by jaxxy(m): 10:59am On Feb 06, 2020
Bluffly:

Are Nigerians ready to get fit

With Buhari’s govt and suffering I’m not sure. Lol
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by thefirstapostle: 10:59am On Feb 06, 2020
They should not forget that some states have banned okada for more than ten years now, so it's not a new thing oooo shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by davillian(m): 10:59am On Feb 06, 2020
That's Liverpool
Keke riders cheesy
Mega city my foot

4 Likes

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Hotfreez: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2020
GamalNasser:
All these con artist have arrived , they will be called by govt and bribed just like one of my friend that was made a multi millionaire by this evil govt after leading a on man protest against them in Abuja ..he was arrested and during his interrogation a top member of the govt asked what his problem was he simply said he was hungry and since then my man has bought house in Abuja an ML350 and went on a long vacation taking him to Dubai , London and the Newyork ..till date he tells me the govt never gave him a dime but cautioned and I smile

Deji Adeyanju

2 Likes

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:03am On Feb 06, 2020
Nigerians don't want progress I swear. Every other big cities in the world don't use Okada yet they survive. Okada riders can simply sell their bikes and buy taxi.
The governor needs to stand his ground on this.
It's the right thing to do for christ sake! Oh, I forgot we don't like doing the right things

2 Likes

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Glycosunde: 11:03am On Feb 06, 2020
I like d idea of banning d bikes on major roads just as it was done few years ago in Benin City metropolis which helped in reducing unwanted accidents by these reckless bike riders but palliative measures should have been put in place to ease the transition. I guess this is where the government got it wrong. Let d peaceful rally take place and let d government tell them and put things in order.

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by KunleyY19(m): 11:05am On Feb 06, 2020
If it's now outright ban all over the state nko OccupyNigeria.
Make dem no spoil marathon for us sha...
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by ensamy(m): 11:06am On Feb 06, 2020
Lagos state is looking cleaner in the absence of okada and keke. Victoria Island environ looking decent , organised and clean. No more feaces and open defecation. All those involved have left with okada and keke. To me the ban is a welcome development.
But on the other hand let the state government provide alternative means of transportation. sad shocked cool shocked cool cool shocked shocked shocked

10 Likes

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Btruth: 11:11am On Feb 06, 2020
Do these "Occupy Lagos" really understand the security implications of the Okada riders? We must secure our regions first.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Neddstark: 11:14am On Feb 06, 2020
Citytrend:
Then people should start getting ready to go to jail. Anyway I trust the Nigerian Police

Incompetent logo designer that charges 2k. You cannot afford a car sef. And you are here standing for Gokada and Oride ban? May you continue charging 2k per logo design till garri grow for your head.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Spallanzani: 11:15am On Feb 06, 2020
Maxymilliano:
You don't beat a child and expect him not to cry.

I support such move so long it's peaceful.

You don't just wake up and take people means of livelihood and expect them to applaud you..
So the large number of Niger and Malians flocking into thr state in disguise has okada riders can cause mayhem in the future. Livelihood kill them. Let them go back to their country and their respective states to ride okada. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Neddstark: 11:16am On Feb 06, 2020
post=86421666:

The group of people are the sensible ones we have in Lagos.

Not the old 60 years old fool that refers to himself as a boy who turned this ban of Okada to a TRIBAL shenanigans already, saying he supported Sanwo-Olu because most of the okada riders in Lagos are from the northern part of the county and they are Shiites members,
hence he can't fight for them!
As if every okada riders in Lagos are Hausas!

What Tribal bigots want to turn this nation to,
they will not live long to witness it.
What a Foolish old man living on crumbs from politicians to cause unrest in our nation.
And you see some foolish youths that have coconut inside their head, instead of working brains , supporting him, brainwashed things!

More Palliative measures from LASG is all we ask for.
We stand with this sane set of group.

I apologise for insulting you yesterday. Good comment.
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by anonimi: 11:17am On Feb 06, 2020
davillian:
That's Liverpool
Keke raiders cheesy
Mega city my foot

Posting four raiders, which are not riders upandan makes you what

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6424196_6424099screenshot201709121443291jpeg72de4603111f54f1b90ca2f80146480b_jpegb32a084b230e541e830b83f27246e080

3 Likes

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by samdaisi: 11:17am On Feb 06, 2020
Irreversible decision,Lagos state is not the only state in Nigeria, they can move to zanfara even Borno state is waiting for them,River state is waiving to them too

2 Likes

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by anonimi: 11:19am On Feb 06, 2020
post=86421666:

Not the old 60 years old fool that refers to himself as a boy who turned this ban of Okada to a TRIBAL shenanigans already, saying he supported Sanwo-Olu because most of the okada riders in Lagos are from the northern part of the county and they are Shiites members,

What a Foolish old man living on crumbs from politicians to cause unrest in our nation.
And you see some foolish youths that have coconut inside their head, instead of working brains , supporting him, brainwashed things!

Won't you be wailing upandan if those highlighted words were used for you?

2 Likes

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by anonimi: 11:21am On Feb 06, 2020
Openbusiness:
cheesy Occupy waalzzzzt? Troublemakers should just know that Amotekun is hungry

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by ikorodureporta: 11:22am On Feb 06, 2020
occupy all the lanes, even Alausa abeg
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by broadman20: 11:23am On Feb 06, 2020
post=86421666:

Believe me, you need to visit a doctor.
Just a friendly advise.....

1 Like

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Altimatic27: 11:28am On Feb 06, 2020
You can go to the one on the island but not mainland ohh its not safe
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:30am On Feb 06, 2020
which occupy lagos are these ones talking?

go to places like Ikeja, obalende, Oworonshoki, mile 2 - apapa, Ojota, etc, you'll pray this ban stays forever.

all this ranting no go hold water, las las, most of Una go spend una Valentine's Day inside black room made for stubborn miscreants.

3 Likes

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 06, 2020
GamalNasser:
All these con artist have arrived , they will be called by govt and bribed just like one of my friend that was made a multi millionaire by this evil govt after leading a on man protest against them in Abuja ..he was arrested and during his interrogation a top member of the govt asked what his problem was he simply said he was hungry and since then my man has bought house in Abuja an ML350 and went on a long vacation taking him to Dubai , London and the Newyork ..till date he tells me the govt never gave him a dime but cautioned and I smile

Jembé ni yen.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by delpee(f): 11:32am On Feb 06, 2020
That's a protest against a law which has been in place since 2012 or thereabout. They can only go to court I guess.

All that the Governor is doing is law enforcement. The fact that the previous governor tolerated lawlessness does not make it right for us to continue living that way. Besides the security challenge must be addressed by the Governor who is the CSO of the state.

I empathise with those who have lost their means of livelihood. However, it's wise to understand the applicable laws for a business before venturing into it.

It's been a daily nightmare on our roads lately too. Still, we have to be alive before anything else can be done.

2 Likes

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by kokomilala(m): 11:34am On Feb 06, 2020
The dormant law has taken its course.Law breakers should face the full weight of the law.
Okada riders can migrate to Benin Republic or Niger Republic. Why must Lagos gbagba ku gba? Why should Lagos always accommodate the culture of nonsense?

1 Like

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Maydfourth: 11:37am On Feb 06, 2020
Jobless people..I think say Okada never kill any of ur people before...

3 Likes

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by GamalNasser: 11:38am On Feb 06, 2020
dulux07:

Fact!!!!
Most Nigerians are selfish and greedy in nature, most times all these organizers are using it for biz n political gain.Look at oshiomole, charly boy, kanu.
I wasn't sorry for sowore either.

I hope you know Sowore has been settled by the Nigerian govt ..are you hearing him making noise again ..Buhari govt pays activists more than any govt in Nigerian history
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 06, 2020
jobless people!!
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 06, 2020
GamalNasser:

I hope you know Sowore has been settled by the Nigerian govt ..are you hearing him making noise again ..Buhari govt pays activists more than any govt in Nigerian history

I highly doubt Sowore has been settled, his bail restrictions include restriction of movement to Abuja, so i am sure his silence has a lot to do with other bail restrictions.

Plus, when you fight for a people and they abandon you at your time of need, you cant blame a man who decides to assess if these people are worth fighting for!!

1 Like

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:41am On Feb 06, 2020
Citytrend:
Then people should start getting ready to go to jail. Anyway I trust the Nigerian Police

For
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by dulux07(m): 11:42am On Feb 06, 2020
GamalNasser:

I won't be suprise if this is true.

1 Like

Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Loooooooogstory: 11:43am On Feb 06, 2020
GamalNasser:
adeyanju?
Re: Occupy Lagos Protests Against Okada Ban During Lagos Marathon by Flier: 11:45am On Feb 06, 2020
Citytrend:
I will advice the organizer not to go ahead with the protest,any protest in Lagos at this time is going to lead to total madness,I mean a very serious civil disobedience
There is a lot of anger In the street

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One United Africa 1000 Man March: Jonathan, Anyaoku, Ooni Of Ife, Soyinka Join / Joshua Dariye Purchases APC Nomination Form From Prison (Photo) / Buhari Appoints Mele Kyari As NNPC GMD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.