Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. (64707 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Misscongenialit: 5:31am On Feb 07, 2020
eni4real:
What if the man has 2 wives??
You guys are turning a wife to a god who has the final say shocked shocked shocked

The man decided who come to the house . Simple..

Unless he is splitting rent with his wife!!!!

"Polite and respectful" men full this generation o undecided

The bolder is the crust of the matter. Many men have sold their rights on the platter of sharing responsibility.
They find it so easy to let women do what men ought to do and then they start screaming " I am the man you must respect me"
Do you know some women even paid house rent in the same house the man wants to bring his generation?

What you men dont understand is that once you are married any other member of your famil becomes a visitor, so they should come and go same for the women.some of you dont even know that they are coming to your house just for the money they get and to confirm if your wife is good?.

If your mother and family are too good and precious why leave them to marry a wife?

I do not support the idea of permanently living in because women are different from men. They can come and go and this applies to bother families otherwise there will be problems

Every wise man must have the emotional intelligence to manage his wife and mother without that you are still a learner cos anyone you dont manage well will take advantage of you against the other chikena!!

5 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by bilulu(m): 5:31am On Feb 07, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

I reject it in Jesus name.
YOU, will suffer.
Not by rejecting my sister, you attitude and character just said so.... I pity for him. You go show him and his family whin
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Nobody: 5:35am On Feb 07, 2020
Misscongenialit:

The bolder is the crust of the matter. Many men have sold their rights on the platter of sharing responsibility.
They find it so easy to let women do what men ought to do and then they start screaming " I am the man you must respect me"
Do you know some women even paid house rent in the same house the man wants to bring his generation?

What you men dont understand is that once you are married any other member of your famil becomes a visitor, so they should come and go same for the women.some of you dont even know that they are coming to your house just for the money they get and to confirm if your wife is good?.

If your mother and family are too good and precious why leave them to marry a wife?

I do not support the idea of permanently living in because women are different from men. They can come and go and this applies to bother families otherwise there will be problems

Every wise man must have the emotional intelligence to manage his wife and mother without that you are still a learner cos anyone you dont manage well will take advantage of you against the other chikena!!
Sometimes, we forget that we are Africans just because we want to practise modernization!!!

Family is everything!!!!

The wife must bend to the Family and not otherwise!!!

She will mature with time tho!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by chronique(m): 5:38am On Feb 07, 2020
I don't know what you guys are arguing about but I guess it has to do with how you all were raised. What are your relatives coming to do in your house if not to visit and go? If your relative has accommodation problem, can't you sort them out if you can afford it? If you don't have the means to sort it out immediately, it's a different ball game. I don't think any woman would be crazy enough to ask her husband's family not to visit him in the house but when it comes to his family members coming to stay with him, it's a different thing all together. On the issue of people going to other people's pots, you guys need to have sense. The kitchen is a woman's office in the home and you don't have the right as a visitor or family member to just go into the kitchen to start serving yourself food. Even if you don't have sense naturally, the moment you go to a married couple's house, you should at least pretend you have sense and respect yourself. Except the lady is the free type that askes you to go into the kitchen and serve yourself, you have to wait to be served.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Ilekokonit: 5:47am On Feb 07, 2020
engrchykae:
Most women are not worthy to be termed humans.
If you see any sign of this wickedness,run for your life.

At the beginning,they will always ask about your mum,as if they care,you won't know they are worried about her influence in your life.

If you allow them get away with treating everyone like trash because you think you are the darling husband.
You will be dealt with at last when there is no one else.
She can leave when things get worse.
Or worse still,kill you to inherit all your labor.

Women are funny.

Most of them are evil personified,you forgive them,they ruin you in revenge

He who has ears let him hear and LEARN from someone who has REAL LIFE experience.

Most Nigerian women are competitive DESTROYERS and their common game plan is to isolate the man by quarrelling with or ensuring he quarrels with ALL those who can give him good advice or refuge and once he is isolated from his friends and family, she will then have a free hand to deal with him RUTHLESSLY and for good measure, she will also turn his children against him.

WHAT WICKED SOULS BLACK WOMEN HAVE BECOME.

There is no love in their hearts, just cunningness, lies, greed and WICKEDNESS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by CosmicJames(m): 5:48am On Feb 07, 2020
Evercurious:

Sorry .. THAT GUY IS VERY MUCH ON POINT..IT'S NOT HIS PERSPECTIVE, BUT THE TRUTH
If you're consistently told a lie for a long time, after some time, you will accept that lie to be the truth.
But it doesn't change the fact that you are believing a lie.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by bigcee(m): 5:49am On Feb 07, 2020
AshiraWealthy:
To come and stay as what? Do these relatives not have their own homes? I for one find I difficult staying with couples or another family.
We should respect other peoples privacy. I dont like people invading my privacy even as a single talk more as a married couple.
Come visit and go that very day. If by error, you stayed till late, by next morning you should be off.

See them. Na dem dem be this...

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Midas01: 5:49am On Feb 07, 2020
Na correct man you be.
Liposure:
As 4 me O, B4 marriage my family comes first. After marriage, my wife comes first. Nonetheless, my relations can live wit me as long as dey dont disrespect my wife
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by naxyrick: 5:54am On Feb 07, 2020
Correct few understand
Jokerman:
This is a foolish write up.... I pity you... Try these and see how your end will be
kiss
Relatives can visit but not come to live with you.. Rent a room for them...

A word is enough
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by double0seven(m): 5:54am On Feb 07, 2020
bukatyne:

Maybe if the men decide to be good husbands no matter what happens, the wives would not need their in-laws to be their backbone? undecided

I think what the guy said about you must be true. Thank God your husband is according to your specifications. Good for you
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by double0seven(m): 5:57am On Feb 07, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

I'm not marrying any of you two. So I owe both of you no explanation.

Actually, this a very fair and sensible question.

And we know what the answer is most likely to be.

Many of you ladies will shout that they like their privacy, but the truth in most cases is that, that love for privacy doesn't include their own siblings.

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by engrelvis(m): 6:00am On Feb 07, 2020
I can bet 90 percent people arguing here r nt even married.There r no standard rules for marriage. Find d ones DAT suit u n apply it with understanding n nt with force. Go into marriage with an open mind n nt with a mindset.what work for yr parents might nt work for u n vice versa.family n wife/husband r both important. Balance dem.those people saying na so their family do heaven n earth for dem before nkor?na me wan train u before.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Herrmes: 6:01am On Feb 07, 2020
iLegendd:
Real men marry women that will obey for life.
You marry a human being not a robot, wtf?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Misscongenialit: 6:06am On Feb 07, 2020
eni4real:
Sometimes, we forget that we are Africans just because we want to practise modernization!!!

Family is everything!!!!

The wife must bend to the Family and not otherwise!!!

She will mature with time tho!!!

Wife "must" not bend , a wife that you truly have feelings for or care about must not be subjected to bend to anything.

A wife wether in Africa or western world should be listened to, valued, and treated as a precious person that she is.

If you accord your wife the honor or being a wife, trust me you have solved 90percent of family problems, this woman will even be the one asking your mum to live with them

I have found out that women become unhappy not because their inlaws want to come to their house, but because she is being treated as a second/third class citizen in her house because she allowed family. Her resentment towards your family is not because of them, but because of how you treat her for them in your quest to BEND her.

Women to not bend to such things, rather they do it when they are happy to do it and you as the man must understand to make her happy first for the sake of a happy life.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Herrmes: 6:06am On Feb 07, 2020
Ilekokonit:

He who has ears let him hear and LEARN from someone who has REAL LIFE experience.

Most Nigerian women are competitive DESTROYERS and their common game plan is to isolate the man by quarrelling with or ensuring he quarrels with ALL those who can give him good advice or refuge and once he is isolated from his friends and family, she will then have a free hand to deal with him RUTHLESSLY and for good measure, she will also turn his children against him.

Weakness is dripping through your comment, when are you going to start holding yourself responsible for anything that happens to you?

7 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Midas01: 6:07am On Feb 07, 2020
How do you know she assassinated him?
ngddon:
My late brother's wife chase us ,hate every member of my family also assassinated him in her village .As if that was not enough ,she don't even want the children to come close to the husband family.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by engrelvis(m): 6:07am On Feb 07, 2020
iLegendd:
Real men marry women that will obey for life.
is what u do n how u do it dat will make ur wife obey u for life.when a woman continue c yr unclothedness(through sex) everyday she will begin to c u as equal.
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Ryan03(f): 6:08am On Feb 07, 2020
YungJo207:

If your siblings first you get money then get married you went to his house and he tells you this your comment how would you feel?
God forbid I will go and live with my married sibling permanently pending when things will be good for me. Na small thing dey cause see finish, my parents get house, I'll rather live there

6 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Ryan03(f): 6:13am On Feb 07, 2020
Ilekokonit:

abeg shut up! You kids always like to describe the black woman as a demon, Nigerian men are all angels. I wanted to refer to your mum and siblings but I dont think they deserve it. So a woman will just marry a man with the intention to deal with him ruthlessly? Abeg read your comment again

4 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by bigiyaro(m): 6:13am On Feb 07, 2020
ImaIma1:

Please who is supposed to bring him up and mold him before? The doctor? Upbringing is not a favour.

Family interference in marriage should be minimized, from both sides. At least the wife too has family. If she also brings like 1 or 2 relatives to stay, it will be a problem.

Inlaws should be managed. Though there are some that come and want to be treated like royalty
No! na you suppose raise him and who said you raising your kids is doing them a favour? of all the man's family, its the woman that is not his relation....smart men knows this fact, smart women knows this fact too hence they buy assets in their children's names, any just like the bible said, a wise woman builds up her home and a foolish woman tears down her home with her own hands.
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 07, 2020
Misscongenialit:

Wife "must" not bend , a wife that you truly have feelings for or care about must not be subjected to bend to anything.

A wife wether in Africa or western world should be listened to, valued, and treated as a precious person that she is.

If you accord your wife the honor or being a wife, trust me you have solved 90percent of family problems, this woman will even be the one asking your mum to live with them

I have found out that women become unhappy not because their inlaws want to come to their house, but because she is being treated as a second/third class citizen in her house because she allowed family. Her resentment towards your family is not because of them, but because of how you treat her for them in your quest to BEND her.

Women to not bend to such things, rather they do it when they are happy to do it and you as the man must understand to make her happy first for the sake of a happy life.
Accord the honour of ....what??

Even if she is being selfish and having socail phobia??

She must bend.. All her childish mentality must be taken care of with time!!!

It is time for her to become a mature woman!!!

There is a lot of difference between being a girlfriend and being a wife.. She is welcome to womanhood!!!!

Matured women will be there to teach her more wifely lessons tho!!!
She can't know it all in a day!!!
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by CosmicJames(m): 6:15am On Feb 07, 2020
Ilekokonit:

The truth is that 100% of women want to control their husbands and be in charge.
It is the duty of the man to tame his women. Women are very smart and intelligent beings. They start gently and softly watching your reactions.
You must stop her at the very start.
But if you say you are in love and you don't want to lose her by ignoring her early negative signs, she will become ungovernable later.

I insist that no woman wake up from no where to manipulate any man without the man cooperation

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Skmoda360(m): 6:18am On Feb 07, 2020
Blu03:
It's really annoying. Noone should delibrately ruin the relationship of partners with his/her relatives.
You are still young, you will understand later.....a woman acting like a man is called? undecided
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Ryan03(f): 6:21am On Feb 07, 2020
Youngzedd:

You underestimate women. They are naturally manipulators, same goes to telling lies. That's how they are made, you need to understand that and flow with them.

I think you really need to study more to understand women.
you see the woman (wife) as manipulative and a liar but the other women (mother and siblings) that you want to bring in to stay permanently are not manipulative and they dont lie? See how you cause problems for yourself angry

11 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 07, 2020
Justpassingby45:

As i built a large home of your own, and my back bone (my mother) come staying and you are saying she should go. I bet you 24 hrs is much for you to still remain in the family.
Did you even read what I wrote before you commented? I doubt it
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by CosmicJames(m): 6:24am On Feb 07, 2020
bigcee:

See them. Na dem dem be this...

Very bad mentality! Imagine that kind of mindset? How can she be so possessive again her future in-laws?

But she will only succeed if she get married to a like minded fellow. A husband who also doesn't want his people around.

Otherwise she will have to drop the idea or remain single for ever
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Midas01: 6:28am On Feb 07, 2020
It is the useless woman that gave birth to you that is not worthy to be termed a human. Your sisters, relatives etc are the people who are not worthy to be called humans.

Look around you, left , right, center, forward, backward, news, media etc it is men that commit 99% of the crimes. It is men who robbed the Ondo bank yesterday and blew someone's modafvcking brains out and has it all over the fvcking floor. Men are the one causing chaos in the world today doing 99.9% of the killing and maiming, deceiving, scamming etc but here you are spilling your foolishness all over the place because some women don't want relatives.

I pity women who end up with airbags like you.
engrchykae:
most women are not worthy to be termed humans.
If you see any sign of this wickedness,run for your life.
At the beginning,they will always ask a about your mum,as if they care,you won't know they are worried about her influence in your life.
If you allow them get away with treating everyone like trash because you think you are the darling husband.
You will be dealt with at last when there is no one else.
She can leave when things get worse.
Or worse still,kill you to inherit all your labor.
I supported my brother that helped me during my school days with small cash when he was having small challenge and my wife be like, don't give him our money because she thinks am a pussy lover,I was laughing,where is love when I have no job?
Women are funny.
She do gragra and finally she left now she is begging to come back but I have been seeing other women,now I know the difference,I won't give her the chance to come back.
Most of them are evil personified,you forgive them,they ruin you in revenge

5 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 07, 2020
Justpassingby45:

As i built a large home of your own, and my back bone (my mother) come staying and you are saying she should go. I bet you 24 hrs is much for you to still remain in the family.
Why would a mother and wife leave her husband's house just to go and leave with her newly married son and stay there for years? Who will take care of the husband and other children she has at home?
Please think we'll before you comment

3 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Misscongenialit: 6:30am On Feb 07, 2020
eni4real:
Accord the honour of ....what??

Even if she is being selfish and having socail phobia??

She must bend.. All her childish mentality must be taken care of with time!!!

It is time for her to become a mature woman!!!

There is a lot of difference between being a girlfriend and being a wife.. She is welcome to womanhood!!!!

Matured women will be there to teach her more wifely lessons tho!!!
She can't know it all in a day!!!

I'm guessing you have no feelings for this woman that's why she doesn't mean anything of value to you. Watch out though , so you do not make a monster out of her because of your family and destroy your home , mind you , your mother and siblings have their home yours is secondary, if you destroy yours they wont live with you forever. Love the woman you married, if you cant love her enough to give her some honor pls tell her and let her go find someone who will

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Ryan03(f): 6:30am On Feb 07, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

If yours are comfy, his are comfy, too. No big deal in that. Sounds lovely. Not like they will live there forever. Probably a week or three a year
maybe you didn't understood the op's post. He meant staying on a permanent basis till maybe the sister gets married or the brother gets a job and could move out. The parents can stay forever
Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by CosmicJames(m): 6:31am On Feb 07, 2020
Ryan03:
you see the woman (wife) as manipulative and a liar but the other women (mother and siblings) that you want to bring in to stay permanently are not manipulative and they dont lie? See how you cause problems for yourself angry
Thank you!
Most of the women are this, women are that are caused by the men. Men are the ones creating most of the problems and putting the blame on the women.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. by Ryan03(f): 6:31am On Feb 07, 2020
Olaniyimubarak:
I av an elder brother his a multi millionaire he build house for is inlaw bt neva build for is biological father and he neva want to meet any of is family member
you will soon come and blame the wife

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! / "I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson / Pregnant Lady Strips To Pant & Bra To Show Her Pregnancy Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.