Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,539 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles (65401 Views)

APC Admits Oyetola, Others Took Away Official Vehicles After Approval / Ikpeazu Hands Over Official Vehicles To Abia State Judiciary Judges (Pics) / Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Commentor: 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2020
GamalNasser:

You ehhh , anything that brings SE down makes you happy

Not true.

But everything comes with humility and not posturing.

Again, charity begins at home.

It would be nice for most people who believe in Innosons to start patronising him.
Not making political statements bordering on the usual chant of "marginalisation".

The private man would not buy Innosons but be insisting government buys same.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Hotfreez: 3:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
HeightsKE:
How are they now promoting made-in-nigeria,like this?

Is this right?

If you like, tag Kanu and your dead ancestors. You are all hypocrites. How many of you Igbos have Innoson cars in your garages?

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by tutudesz: 3:00pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hotfreez:

Most of them are stupid. They are defending someone who doesn't use his products.

As far back as 4 years ago, it was everywhere on twitter that Innoson drives a Range, Lexus and Toyota.
His side chick in Abuja na Gle450 he buy for her O!

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
Aidejay:
in my opinion those senators don't need more cars or allowances. Why do they have to buy cars year in year out it's an unnecessary expenditure. A lot to f money is being wasted
It might as well be wasted on "make in Nigeria" product.

Thats a different topic, the fact is they are buying cars. The problem with Innoson is that they are not luxurious enough for those with money and they are too expensive for the masses. In every sector he is competing, there is an alternative if not cheaper better quality known manufacturer assembling in Nigeria and there is tokunboh. Ive said it before also that the man also makes too many models, he should focus on one and reap economies of scale and then branch out. But the man has more suv models than BMW, more saloons than Mercedes, he cant be making more than 100 of each of these models a year, how can he survive or become a big player in the long run when he doesnt even seem to have a clearly defined sustainable route to market?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by wink2015(m): 3:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
The House of Representatives, on Wednesday, exhibited its disdain for made-in Nigeria products as it refused to patronise locally made vehicles for members’ oversight.

Recall that year in – year out, the lawmakers meet behind closed doors, tagged executive sessions to discuss their welfare benefits, among which are allowances and type of utility vehicles for their oversight functions among other issues.

However at Wednesday’s plenary, where it had an executive session as the only business of the day, it was reliably gathered that the lawmakers declined a suggestion from a House member to purchase SUVs for members from Innoson Motors based in Nnewi, Anambra State.

Sources said that the lawmaker who made the Innoson SUVs suggestion was shouted down.

Accordingly it was further learnt that the lawmakers insisted on brand new imported SUVs against the locally assembled and made- in – Nigeria brands.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/02/06/outrage-as-lawmakers-reject-made-in-nigeria-suvs/

THE VERY PEOPLE WHO ENCOURAGED BUHARI TO CLOSED THE BORDER AND FORCE US TO EAT STONE RICE ARE NOW COMPLAINING OF INNOSON VEHICLE?

They should enjoy Nigeria products instead of playing the smart FOX !

I am not against Nigeria 's product but I am against hypocrisy at the very top of our political and economic divide.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hotfreez:

Check these links and stop arguing ignorantly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/local/innoson-motors-owner-says-buhari-govt-gives-his-company-enormous-support-patronage/

You are foolish, I should click on the link to believe you, so far he said it carries no weight, does he use it or does anyone in his government use it or does he advocate for the Innoson brand
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by 77up(m): 3:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hotfreez:

Not as much as your father hawking garden eggs on Ikorodu Road.
that's too harsh , seems he's joking with you now.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Hotfreez: 3:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
UltimatedeBest:
Buhari should lead by example first with Innoson car as his official.

Go and ask the Igbo Governors to use the Innoson cars as their official cars.

5 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by anonimi: 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
GamalNasser:
You are a bitter jealous person , what have we done to you please? It's the govts duty to support homegrown products first afterall they are the ones that have been preaching BUY NIGERIA TO GROW NIGERIA.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3313384_solagiwa_buymadeinnigeria_savethenaira705997_jpeg_jpegc9bda744d755917add359d4bb754b3b2

I Will Maintain a modest lifestyle as President -Muhammadu Buhari.

“One of the major killers of our economy apart from corruption is waste. Our scarce resources are being plundered away very carelessly and unnecessarily wasted. Let me give an instance, presently, there are more than 6 aircraft in the presidential fleet. What do you call that? Billions of naira is budgeted every year for the maintenance of these aircraft not to talk of operational cost and other expenses.

You may want to ask what a Nigerian President is doing with so many aircraft when a Prime Minister of Britain fly around using the same public aircraft like an ordinary Briton.

Go and check and compare with that of any developed country in the world, the office of the Nigerian President is a very expensive one inspite our high level of poverty, lack and joblessness. Despite all these, you still find a Nigerian Minister spending about N10billion to charter an aircraft for just one year. Now, for me, when we come into office, all these waste will be blocked and properly channelled into our economy. We intend for instance, to bring back our National carrier, the Nigerian airways. [size=14pt]We shall do this by bringing all the aircraft in the presidential fleet into the Nigerian airways[/size] and within a year increase the fleet into about 20.

More from: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=217159

Bhelamblog:
This is according to Oke Omurhohwo the Manager Itel Mobile, He is alleging that The Nigerian Government Paid over N200m to Bahrain in other to create the National Carrier Logo, He said only the Logo cost $600,000, Thats over N200million.

Remember the FG unveiled the National Carrier 'Nigeria Air' at Farnborough Air Show in London Few days ago? Ok.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7446039_nigesss_jpegd1e680afc5d1cfb017b3cb02c0bcaae3

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hotfreez:

Not as much as your father hawking garden eggs on Ikorodu Road.
This is exactly how trekking causes sifia pains.
We know.
Take heart.

cc blackking98 Lzaa gmbuharii iammo statusquoante wickedtruths Martincorridon omenka westbestside bastardmod adaibeku greenback ngadawo Iceberg3

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Hotfreez: 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
77up:
that's too harsh , seems he's joking with you now.

I'm also joking with him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Originalsly: 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
My thing is.....shouldn't the car/SUV be assigned to the office rather than personally to the senator? ... the same way the Nigerian consulate is assigned vehicles abroad ? Ambassadors come and go but the same vehicles are used... for yearssss. Big men behaving like small small poor children in a gift shop.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Aidejay(m): 3:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
isthatso:

Thats a different topic, the fact is they are buying cars. The problem with Innoson is that they are not luxurious enough for those with money and they are too expensive for the masses. In every sector he is competing, there is an alternative if not cheaper better quality known manufacturer assembling in Nigeria. Ive said it before also that the man also makes too many models, he should focus on one and reap economies of scale and then branch out. But the man has more suv models than BMW, more saloons than Mercedes, he cant be making more than 100 of each of these models a year, how can he survive or become a big player in the long run when he doesnt even seem to have a clearly defined sustainable route to market?
well........!
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Matrixoba: 3:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
Have you driven an Innoson car in the past? Simple question requires simple reply.
Because I have driven one in the past. We can now do an account in-depth comparison if you have ever driven one. Thanks
Eteka1:
We all decide to buy or not buy any product based on what we hear from people who have bought them previously.

All you are saying here boils down to sentiments, I am talking about business.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Rawtruth1: 3:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
What did you expect from thieves
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Commentor: 3:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
AbuAeesha:
surprisingly, the president will never see anything wrong about this.

The president would force another arm of government to patronise a business or what exactly are you driving at?

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Hotfreez: 3:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

You are foolish, I should click on the link to believe you, so far he said it carries no weight, does he use it or does anyone in his government use it or does he advocate for the Innoson brand

Why are you arguing as if foolishness is your only talent? Innoson himself praised Buhari for patronage and one idiot who can't afford an Innoson tyre is here arguing like a fool.

How many SE Governors use Innoson cars as their official cars? Even you making idiotic noise here, does your father use Innoson?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
Disgraceful, I think INEC should be overhauled.

Primary qualification should start from MBA/MSc

Let Leadership positions be tougher if not we will keep on having illiterate vagabonds as our leaders.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Christmasdon(m): 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
IBETO CEMENT
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by lexyking(m): 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
Let's not make big deal out of this. Agreed, the lawmakers should have practiced what they preached by patronizing made in Nigeria vehicles. However there is no law stopping them from acquiring whatever foreign brands they so wish to have, even in advanced countries government officials go for vehicles based on function and taste and not so much about if it was local or not in the Uk for instance most mp's rides in Mercedes Benz which is a German car. So please folks just let them be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by LZAA: 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
immhotep:

This is exactly how trekking causes sifia pains.
We know.
Take heart.

cc blackking98 Lzaa gmbuharii iammo statusquoante wickedtruths Martincorridon omenka westbestside bastardmod adaibeku greenback ngadawo Iceberg3
Hotfreez is scared of igbo dominationgrin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
tutudesz:

I once had a meeting with him in Abuja during the TAN Campaign for GEJ, about marketing his cars and behold he arrive the venue with a bulletproof LX570. Those insulting the Reps members should tell what Mr Innocent drives!

I can't believe this, how then does he want to market the product if he the owner doesn't patronize his product

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Charly68: 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
If indeed they are leaders they must show their commitment to home grown products .
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
henryobinna:
you have a point when you say Quality does not know tribe and that is a fact.

But one question have you own and/or driven an innoson car to come to your assertion that his cars are of low quality?

Quality starts from the visual. If a car does not appeal to me visually, I dont even want to drive it. You can also tell a lot about the quality by looking at a car and that is where things like logo come in. in the same way as the way you dress says a lot about you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by SenecaTheYonger: 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
The buy new cars every year for lawmakers. How this people managed to convince an entire country that they are soo important is beyond me.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by LZAA: 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
immhotep:

Meanwhile, how many kilometers did Hotfreez trek today in Lagos ? grin grin
I picked up at berger today grin
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by SoNature(m): 3:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
Iceberg3:
What then is the essence of closing the nation's borders?

Apc: party from hell.

That's why I tell people that Buhari didn't close our borders to encourage local production.

They have made it clear that the borders were closed because Nigeria is not taxing some imported goods as much as it should.

Every good thing that happened because of border closure was never planned.

Nigerians and their government are sick
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by koma1(m): 3:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
Before you condemn the rep members ask your self is your current car innoson? If the answer is no then you don't have the right to condemn them. The truth is that even our eastern brothers that are suppose to lead by example by patronising innoson are busy buying foreign brands. How do you expect others to gain confidence in innoson.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by DCTrendy(m): 3:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
Change has refused to begin with this lawmakers. What is wrong with this CHANGE sef?

Hin omo naijiria, nku'roju o(in Ijesha dialect )
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Manero(m): 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
And the so called idiots that represent, Anambra, Enugu, Abia etc are there rejecting a durable and effective jeep made by their own.

Chaiiiii continue

LosC:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/02/06/outrage-as-lawmakers-reject-made-in-nigeria-suvs/

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by jadejay: 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
We need good lesders o. Not these kinds of people. So patronizing made in Nigeria goods is for the poor only, ba?

So, it's another year, and Valentine is around the corner. I announced last year that I would be delivering a one month lesson via email, in our first writing class this year. And I mentioned we were going to start at the end of February 2020.

I'm glad to announce that registration is now open. And as a Valentine gift to you, I'm beating the price down again from N7,000 to N2000 only. You won't get this particular class, from me, at this price again, as long as 2020 is concerned. And no, there is no free retake.

So I'll urge you to take advantage of this offer before it closes, as we're going to pieces writing as an art, as a business, as a product, as a marketing tool, and then put it back together, one piece at a time.

What does this class entail?
It entails a one month lesson on:

Writing for clients

Writing for yourself (ebooks and ecourse)

Writing for TV

Writing for your business (it doesn't matter what that business is)

Writing for your blog

Writing for marketing and sales

Who Can Register For The Class?

Writers, and anyone who wants to make money from his/her business, with writing.

Early Bird Fee: N2000

Early Registration closes on the 16th of February, 2020.

Late registration: N5000

Late registration closes on the 29th of February, 2020.

The email class starts on 2nd March, 2020.

Please click here for payment details. - https://paystack.com/pay/Busofwriting

Know a friend who needs this class? Kindly share this with them. I look forward to having a blast with you.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by DenreleDave(m): 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
IhateGod:

Sensible comment.
Say it loud next time if you have reasonable comment to contribute

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri / Nasarawa Governor Al-Makura Meets Okada Man Carrying 5 Pupils On One Bike (Pics / "I Will Kill 200 Nigerians If Buhari Dies" – Police Officer From Borno Threatens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.