Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles (65424 Views)

APC Admits Oyetola, Others Took Away Official Vehicles After Approval / Ikpeazu Hands Over Official Vehicles To Abia State Judiciary Judges (Pics) / Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by CSTR2: 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
I can't blame them.

The president who is supposed to lead by example is using the best car Germany can offer.
There is no leadership by example.
I am sure he has even made order for maybach 2020 model.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by EgunMogaji2: 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
If I was in that position then I’ll take the IVM vehicles.

But only have my staff use it to run errands.

I’ll buy a Land Cruiser (not the silly Prados) from personal funds for my own use.

If I’m already used to owning Land Cruiser, Range Rover, etc I cant be seriously expected to use an IVM product. Safety is paramount.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by tutudesz: 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

It's a shame
The winner of BB9j Mercy, you don see her drive her innoson SUV? So many people would pick a 2000 G wango over 2020 innoson SUV!!

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Obataopue: 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
[s]
SangoOlukosoOba:

How do you expect the President to use Innoson

Innoson itself has not risen to the stage.

We using pity to market the product.

Won't you choose a 2010 Avalon over a brand new innoson? Be realistic please!
[/s]
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 06, 2020
This is why we are where we are today. Public office holders are themselves enemies of the state. Anti progressives.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by EMboz(m): 3:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

Don't be silly, how has Buhari patronized Innoson, how many people in his government using it
I tire for am o.. when did innoson officially unveil their first car that he is ranting about Jonathan not patronizing the product
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by einsteine(m): 3:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
Under normal circumstances, this people should not get cars.

They should take a loan and buy the cars they want.

At most, they should earn 15 million gross and pay out all their housing, transport, pension contribution from there.

As long as politics continues to be juicy, the country would not progress.

See the lawmaker payment for the United States (per annum).

Position Salary
Vice President $233,000
Senators and House Representatives $174,000
Resident Commissioner from Puerto Rico $174,000
President pro tempore of the Senate $193,400
Majority leader and minority leader of the Senate $193,400
Majority leader and minority leader of the House of Representatives $193,900
Speaker of the House of Representatives $223,500

Note that the US Median Household income is $61,937 meaning lawmakers get around x3 of the median income. Nigeria's average income is $2200. If we are to follow the US example, Nigerian lawmakers should not even earn more than $10,000 per annum.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
CSTR2:
I can't blame them.

The president who is supposed to lead by example is using the best car Germany can offer.
There is no leadership by example.
I am sure he has even made order for maybach 2020 model.

Charity truly begins at home

https://www.nairaland.com/2886477/innoson-motors-chairman-drives-foreign

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Obataopue: 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Does anyone in your family drive Innosons?

I'm not talking about the commercial drivers in your family.

I'm talking about the car owners even if they are 2.
[/s]
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Obataopue: 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
[s]
Commentor:
Made in China.

Branded in Nnewi.

Rejected in Abuja.
[/s]
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by tutudesz: 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:
Liar!!!
Liar!!! How? Please ask those who work with him what he drives. I am not talking from them say O! This my personal one on one experience with him twice in Abuja and Delta.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

Protest against who and what? They have right to that decision

Legally right does not equate morally, ethically or even economically right.

They have made a foolish and non-patriotic decision despite not being a crime to do so.

No one would throw you in jail for sleeping with your sister, it doesn't mean it is right for you to do it.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by fynn12(f): 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2020
If we don't start giving those politicians the assassin's treatment of Fulani herdesmen and Boko Haram they will not have sense
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Dollabiz: 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2020
Lol
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by CSTR2: 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
If I was in that position then I’ll take the IVM vehicles.

But only have my staff use it to run errands.

I’ll buy a Land Cruiser (not the silly Prados) from personal funds for my own use.

If I’m already used to owning Land Cruiser, Range Rover, etc I cant be seriously expected to use an IVM product. Safety is paramount.
If you are so worried about safety, then ask for their international certifications.

If they don't have any of the relevant international certifications, help them get certified.

That is how progressive govts build their country.

China is fake, China is fake, yet they are the ones building all the trains and high risk infrastructures all over the world right now.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by einsteine(m): 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2020
Aidejay:
Today Toyota motor company is worth $236 billion.
They started small like innoson. One day innoson will employ the children and grandchildren of these myopic senators cause no matter what those foreign cars can't live as long as a legacy that is innoson motor company.
"Anybody that eats anyhow will die anyhow"...

Innoson would never be as big as Toyota. Don't kid yourself.

There is no reason today for someone who can afford to buy an IVM car to buy it. In business, you need a USP (Unique Selling Proposition) to succeed. Being made in Nigeria is not a USP and does not lead to scalable growth. This is the same tactic the failed TSTV tried to use, trying to guilt-trip Nigerians into patronizing a product because it is made in Nigeria.

Is IVM better designed than Toyota?

Better fuel performance? Cheaper? Are there even IVM ads?

Why exactly should one buy an IVM automobile instead of Toyota or Nissan or Volvo?

No reason, other than it being made in Nnewi? Then, sorry, that would not lead to success.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
CSTR2:

If you are so worried about safety, then ask for their international certifications.

If they don't have any of the relevant international certifications, help them get certified.

China is fake, China is fake, yet they are the ones building all the trains and high risk infrastructures all over the world right now.

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by ballerboy: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
LosC:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/02/06/outrage-as-lawmakers-reject-made-in-nigeria-suvs/
if they don't want innoson vehicles as their official car, abeg pre.buhari give them wheelchair to carry them go their grave. Na satan go punish una generations. We people dey here dey calculate how we go eat daily with #500 with so much sweat in our body and you idiots people that doesn't even sweat a seconds is now rejecting cars worth millions of naira. Haaaa, una no go die well. All of una no go die well with una pikin.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by contigiency(m): 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2020
They should all be chased out of that chamber. They cannot claim to be representing Nigeria while their actions suggest they don't believe in Nigeria.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Okoyeebo: 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2020
Igbos are crying that they rejected Innoson. How many of them have Innoson vehicles at home?
How many Innoson Governors drive Innoson cars?
How many Igbo billionaires drive Innoson cars?
Does Emoney drive an Innoson car? Yet they are crying.

In the meeting where they rejected Innoson cars, there were Reps from all Igbo states there. They were among those who rejected Innoson, yet those who can't afford ordinary Innoson headlamp are here crying.

The greatest advert Innoson got last year was the Yoruba Traditional ruler who bought an Innoson SUV. The shameless Igbo traditional rulers can't use a kobo of their money to buy Innoson.

Even the owner of Innoson is not using Innoson cars and you want others to endanger their lives?

You Igbos can use sentiments to buy Innoson, let his cars keep killing you and continue from where PMT's Ugama Hiace buses stopped in killling Igbos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by mu2sa2: 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2020
isthatso:
IMHO Innoson should focus on pickup trucks and buses. He will have a reasonable market in police,army trucks and mass transit buses. Govts will patronise him because he is a local manufacturer but he will NEVER get enough individuals to patronise his cars to make it viable. A tokunbo corolla/camry makes more sense to an individual than an Innoson..that is his reality!!!
Very sensible suggestion. Ethiopia faces the same problem. Cars assembled in Ethiopia are beyond the reach of most Ethiopians, so tokumbos are still popular. Innosons will find it difficult to compete with toyota at the luxury level. Rather, it should stick to one or two affordable products and expand gradually into luxury trims. Some of the reactions above are sentimental, but let's not forget that there are other " made- in- Nigeria" vehicles as alternatives to innoson e.g peugeot range.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Monfred: 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2020
xarm:
Sources said that the lawmaker who made the Innoson SUVs suggestion was shouted down.

I can imagine how the lawmaker will shamefully get back to his seat lipsrsealed
I tell you

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by SocialJustice: 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2020
Commentor:

Does anyone in your family drive Innosons?

I'm not talking about the commercial drivers in your family.

I'm talking about the car owners even if they are 2.
Guy shut up abeg. You have no point. People like you are the reason Nigeria is backward.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by CSTR2: 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
It is funny when I hear people say they don't use Chinese products.

Yet they enter Chinese made trains and use Chinese made bridges.

It is the same people that don't want to use or respect Nigerian products.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by EgunMogaji2: 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
CSTR2:

I’m very worried about automotive safety. I prefer giving establish manufacturing, not assembling, companies my automotive money.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by irukandji89(m): 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
Eteka1:
I wouldn't blame them. Those cars are low in quality, quite expensive for that matter and have a very low resale value.

Sentiments aside, I wouldn't accept them either. Given the choice between any of their SUVs and a Toyota, i would take the Toyota all the time.

The company needs to improve the quality of their products to be able to compete favourably with Japanese cars and not rely on sentiment or even blackmail to force its cars on customers.

But how can they really achieve that when they're not really being patronized?

That is what I have been thinking about since I learnt of their existence.

We Nigerians fear the unknown.

We'd rather stick with the tried and tested well known brands.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by tutudesz: 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
CSTR2:

International certification for any car depends on a number of test and requirements. Believe me innoson cars will not be accepted in countries like south Africa with laws guiding cars importation.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by contigiency(m): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
einsteine:

Innoson would never be as big as Toyota. Don't kid yourself.

There is no reason today for someone who can afford to buy an IVM car to buy it. In business, you need a USP (Unique Selling Proposition) to succeed. Being made in Nigeria is not a USP and does not lead to scalable growth. This is the same tactic the failed TSTV tried to use, trying to guilt-trip Nigerians into patronizing a product because it is made in Nigeria.

Is IVM better designed than Toyota?

Better fuel performance? Cheaper? Are there even IVM ads?

Why exactly should one buy an IVM automobile instead of Toyota or Nissan or Volvo?

No reason, other than it being made in Nnewi? Then, sorry, that would not lead to success.

After all these your stupid grammar and foolish proposition, you go and sit down. It's people like you that always shout why Nigeria is not like eldorado, but will resist every noble step taken to make it grow.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by Suremikky(m): 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
Laugh wan kill me here...dis mehn wicked sha..why not just accept innoson for official car as a way of promoting made in nigeria and then use the money they steal from govt. To get their preferred private vehicles.
Re: Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles by CSTR2: 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
mu2sa2:
Very sensible suggestion. Ethiopia faces the same problem. Cars assembled in Ethiopia are beyond the reach of most Ethiopians, so rokumbos are so popular. Innosons will find it difficult to compete with toyota at the luxury level. Rather, it should stick to one or two affordable products and expand gradually into luxury trims.
If the problem is affordability, it's understandable.

Those that can afford it are not patriotic.

Germany has dirt cheap and uninterrupted electricity, yet the average Nigerian cannot afford the lowest spec of brand new BMW.

How do you expect innoson to produce cheap and not be worried about quality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mujtaba Abba, Sanusi’s Half-Brother Resigns From Kano Emirate Council / Top Presidency Aides Denied Access To Aso Villa After Violating NCDC Guidelines / Bayelsa State Governorship Election Monitoring/live Report Thread#BayelsaDecides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.