Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From (11657 Views)

Let's Talk About Money! / Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Pls Run Away From / Reasons You Should Run Away From Most Of The Recent Investment Iflux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2020
adewale4great:
why do you lay emphasis on savers are losers
since 1971 savers become losers since when president Richard Nixon took money off the gold standard
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 7:56am On Jun 07, 2020
uprof:
since 1971 savers become losers since when president Richard Nixon took money off the gold standard
tell me more this is vague
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
adewale4great:
tell me more this is vague
when govt print money through fiat currency. The money supply increases and price goes up. Then inflation sets in. Then the value of money in your bank account goes down
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 6:54am On Jun 08, 2020
uprof:
when govt print money through fiat currency. The money supply increases and price goes up. Then inflation sets in. Then the value of money in your bank account goes down
inflation is everybody problem, I'm.not alone
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
adewale4great:
inflation is everybody problem, I'm.not alone
those that have sound financial education knows how to protect themselves form vulnerability
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 7:04am On Jun 09, 2020
uprof:
those that have sound financial education knows how to protect themselves form vulnerability
how can I protect myself too?
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
adewale4great:
how can I protect myself too?
you need to be taken through the three phases of economic dependence
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 7:08am On Jun 10, 2020
uprof:
you need to be taken through the three phases of economic dependence
what are the three phases pls
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 8:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
adewale4great:
what are the three phases pls

1. Mindset reprogramming

2.,skills set development

3 practical
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 7:27am On Jun 11, 2020
uprof:

1. Mindset reprogramming
3 practical
can we start with mindset reprogramming?
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
adewale4great:
can we start with mindset reprogramming?
if you can do the task I will be issuing out
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by Chekitaut: 5:33am On Jun 12, 2020
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by dhappyking(m): 6:22am On Jun 12, 2020
Success4a:
OK! how can I stop loosing money through tax and inflation?

I guess the explanation is simple. The bank pays an interest of 4% pa. Infact even the treasury bill that used to pay double digits , say, 14% pa has fallen to as low as 5% pa. On a positive note, your fund is safe. However, inflation is as high as 12% or more. That means that by the time you pull out your savings to purchase from the market, your purchasing power has been eroded by as much as 8% at least. Does that make sense?
What is the way out then? Investing in something that can pay you beyond the inflation + tax rates. Good! But there is a flip side here too. The flip side is that .normally, investments have risks attached to them. Usually, the higher the risk, the higher your returns should be. So it is up to you to play safe and lose or to risk and win on this race to make money.
Consequently, you need to weigh your risk appetite because safety of your capital is Paramount. It is advised you have an acceptable level of knowledge of how reliable your investment is.
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 7:22am On Jun 12, 2020
dhappyking:

I guess the explanation is simple. The bank pays an interest of 4% pa. Infact even the treasury bill that used to pay double digits , say, 14% pa has fallen to as low as 5% pa. On a positive note, your fund is safe. However, inflation is as high as 12% or more. That means that by the time you pull out your savings to purchase from the market, your purchasing power has been eroded by as much as 8% at least. Does that make sense?
What is the way out then? Investing in something that can pay you beyond the inflation + tax rates. Good! But there is a flip side here too. The flip side is that .normally, investments have risks attached to them. Usually, the higher the risk, the higher your returns should be. So it is up to you to play safe and lose or to risk and win on this race to make money.
Consequently, you need to weigh your risk appetite because safety of your capital is Paramount. It is advised you have an acceptable level of knowledge of how reliable your investment is.
good explanation!
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 7:15am On Jun 13, 2020
uprof:

1. Mindset reprogramming
3 practical
bro can we start with the first phase?
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 7:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
adewale4great:
bro can we start with the first phase?
no problem! If you can do the task
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 6:37am On Jun 14, 2020
uprof:
no problem! If you can do the task
I will do it let's get started
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
adewale4great:
I will do it let's get started
I'm going to place you on personal finance book challenge
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 7:21am On Jun 15, 2020
uprof:
I'm going to place you on personal finance book challenge
for how long bro!
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
adewale4great:
for how long bro!
maximum of two weeks
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 6:56am On Jun 16, 2020
uprof:
maximum of two weeks
what is the name of the book?
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
adewale4great:
what is the name of the book?
the richest man in the Babylon
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 6:19am On Jun 17, 2020
uprof:
the richest man in the Babylon
OK! who wrote the book
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2020
adewale4great:
OK! who wrote the book
j s clason
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 6:12am On Jun 18, 2020
uprof:
j s clason
where can I download for free
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
adewale4great:
where can I download for free
its available on pdfdrive dot net
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
uprof:
its available on pdfdrive dot net
OK! when I'm done I will let you know
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 7:11am On Jun 20, 2020
adewale4great:
OK! when I'm done I will let you know
no problem!
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2020
uprof:
no problem!
jm done, I will start reading as early as possible
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by seyiowoseeni(m): 8:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who love to recommend things that make them happy to anybody who cares to listen, and those who hide good things because they don’t want anyone to “ruin it” for them. �
If you’re one of those who like to share, or you just want to make some extra money, the Kuda Partner Program is for you.

Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by uprof(m): 6:50am On Jun 21, 2020
seyiowoseeni:
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who love to recommend things that make them happy to anybody who cares to listen, and those who hide good things because they don’t want anyone to “ruin it” for them. �
If you’re one of those who like to share, or you just want to make some extra money, the Kuda Partner Program is for you.
Ride on marketer
Re: Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Run Way From by adewale4great: 7:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
adewale4great:
jm done, I will start reading as early as possible
good happy reading!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Can I Invest =N=2m? / Commercial Papers / How Trustworthy Is OPAY For Investment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.