Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President (117615 Views)

Politicians With Corruption Cases Who Joined APC To Escape Prosecution / Nigerian Politicians With False Degrees, Honours From Foreign Universities / Nigeria’s Top Politicians With A History Of Spreading Fake News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by anonymous1759(m): 7:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
BlackBovi:
The Current situation of Nigeria is caused by Old and Current Political Leaders , Here is the selected List of Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Record, Worthy For Presidential post:

This list below is written based on the following views:

Past political records
Comments by Nigerians and Non Nigerians.
Achievements during last political post
Impacts in the society today.

We accept modifications on the lists below , you can always use the comment section to add your own list and please state your reasons and why you think the person you are suggesting is worthy to make the list.

1. Peter Obi

Peter Gregory Obi is a Nigerian politician and businessman who was the vice presidential candidate in the 2019 Nigerian general election under the Peoples Democratic Party, and Former Governor of Anambra State.

2. Donald Duke

Donald Duke is a Nigerian politician. He was the Governor of Cross River State, Nigeria from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2007 and the 2019 Nigeria Presidential candidate for Social Democratic Party, SDP.

3. Ikedi Ohakim

Ikedi Ohakim is a Nigerian businessman who became governor of Imo State in the South Eastern region in May 2007, standing for the Progressive Peoples Alliance. He later switched to the People's Democratic Party.

4. Babatunde Fashola

Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN is a Nigerian lawyer and politician who is currently the Federal Minister of Works and Housing. He served two terms as Governor of Lagos State from May 29, 2007 to May 29, 2015.

5. Akinwunmi Ambode

Akinwunmi Ambode was the former Governor of Lagos State. He was a civil servant for 27 years and a financial consultant before running for public office as Governor of Lagos State in 2015.

6. Yemi Osinbajo

Oluyemi Oluleke "Yemi" Osinbajo is a Nigerian politician and a lawyer, who is the current Vice President of Nigeria, in office since 29 May 2015.

7. Jimi Agbaje

Olujimi Kolawole Agbaje, is a Nigerian Pharmacist, and Politician. He was the 2015 PDP's Lagos State Governorship candidate, but he lost out to the eventually winner Akinwunmi Ambode. He was the 2019 Lagos State gubernatorial election candidate for PDP in the 2019 general elections.

8. Ben Murray-Bruce

Benedict Murray-Bruce, OON is a Nigerian business magnate and politician. He is the founder of Silverbird Group. A member of the People's Democratic Party, he was elected to the Senate of Nigeria in March 2015 where he currently represents the Bayelsa East constituency, in Bayelsa State, Nigeria.

9. Femi Fani-Kayode

David Oluwafemi Adewunmi Abdulateef Fani-Kayode is a Nigerian politician, essayist, poet and lawyer. He was a member of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party. He was with the opposition's All Progressive Congress until June 2014 when he returned to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party.

10. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal

Aminu Waziri Tambuwal is a Nigerian politician who serves as the Governor of Sokoto State in Nigeria, having won election during the 2015 general elections and being re-elected in the 2019 general elections.

Source : https://top-10.me/nigerian-politicians/

Shity list.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
Muhammad2468:
Yeye day smell

OOOOOO SEE GEE FORMAT
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
Donald Duke wey embezzled money like maad? I remember the uncle Benz rice days. He was the sole importer of it backnthen and used the opportunity to hike the price and made it unaffordable to the masses. I prefer Peter obi to ikedi by faar
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by courag10: 7:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
What about Ayodele fayose
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by fredoooooo: 7:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
FFK ,Peter obi from China, Ben Bruce from twitter , what a list grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by ChoCho54(f): 7:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
tophumble:
Even Fani Kayode? this list has K-Leg
You yoruba mooslims should free FFK!!

I, as a babe will do FFK over and over again than that spineless pussy who ruled Lagos!!

FFK gats ballz! A very masculine characteristics lacking in most men.
This crazed shithole needs men with ballz
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by phylshan: 7:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
GeneralPula:
Donald Duke

Babatunde Fashola

Yemi Osinbajo

Nigeria needs somebody that understand both local and international laws deeply!

I don’t even think the problem with this country is politics..

Politics all around the world is deeply dirty..

Our problem is we Nigerians..

We are just such an unfortunate humans I should say..

Greediness, selflessness, etc is deeply in about 95% of us! Either one day or the other, we are all suffering from this!

Politicians all around the world will steal by one way or the other, what matter is to care about the citizens and give them the best!

The best is what we are yet to receive ever since!

Don’t trust all this online miscreant paid Pdp and Apc supporters... They are more about what they stand to gain when their party is in power. I’ve been into political meetings before. They’re mostly unGodly fellow! If there are few that cares and disagree to their bullshiit, such would be brought down by allegations!
Who law epp? You need who understands local and international law or one who is vested in local and international Economics?.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by Btruth: 7:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
Sentiments aside. I'll go for Donald Duke anytime.

smiley
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by bluefilm: 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
Blackbovi, the only person worthy to be president in that your comical list is Peter Obi.

And I say that because I am Igbo.

I know that he might have messed himself up politically with his association with the Camerounian Prince but all that same, that is just politics.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by thundafire: 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
2,3,4,6,7,8 are all crooks never should dey rule
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by thundafire: 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
Number 9 too big mouth like Trump
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by AgbariOjukwu1: 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
LMAO. This list is very funny.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by TheSourcerer: 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
MrHighSea:
Looking for my name...
hi hello ,you think you can make Nigeria better? Do tell
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by Ashirioluwa: 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
BlackBovi:
The Current situation of Nigeria is caused by Old and Current Political Leaders , Here is the selected List of Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Record, Worthy For Presidential post:

Past political records

We accept modifications on the lists below , you can always use the comment section to add your own list and please state your reasons and why you think the person you are suggesting is worthy to make the list.

1. Peter Obi

Peter Gregory Obi is a Nigerian politician and businessman who was the vice presidential candidate in the 2019 Nigerian general election under the Peoples Democratic Party, and Former Governor of Anambra State.

2. Donald Duke

Donald Duke is a Nigerian politician. He was the Governor of Cross River State, Nigeria from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2007 and the 2019 Nigeria Presidential candidate for Social Democratic Party, SDP.

3. Ikedi Ohakim

Ikedi Ohakim is a Nigerian businessman who became governor of Imo State in the South Eastern region in May 2007, standing for the Progressive Peoples Alliance. He later switched to the People's Democratic Party.

4. Babatunde Fashola

Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN is a Nigerian lawyer and politician who is currently the Federal Minister of Works and Housing. He served two terms as Governor of Lagos State from May 29, 2007 to May 29, 2015.

5. Akinwunmi Ambode

Akinwunmi Ambode was the former Governor of Lagos State. He was a civil servant for 27 years and a financial consultant before running for public office as Governor of Lagos State in 2015.

6. Yemi Osinbajo

Oluyemi Oluleke "Yemi" Osinbajo is a Nigerian politician and a lawyer, who is the current Vice President of Nigeria, in office since 29 May 2015.

7. Jimi Agbaje

Olujimi Kolawole Agbaje, is a Nigerian Pharmacist, and Politician. He was the 2015 PDP's Lagos State Governorship candidate, but he lost out to the eventually winner Akinwunmi Ambode. He was the 2019 Lagos State gubernatorial election candidate for PDP in the 2019 general elections.

8. Ben Murray-Bruce

Benedict Murray-Bruce, OON is a Nigerian business magnate and politician. He is the founder of Silverbird Group. A member of the People's Democratic Party, he was elected to the Senate of Nigeria in March 2015 where he currently represents the Bayelsa East constituency, in Bayelsa State, Nigeria.

9. Femi Fani-Kayode

David Oluwafemi Adewunmi Abdulateef Fani-Kayode is a Nigerian politician, essayist, poet and lawyer. He was a member of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party. He was with the opposition's All Progressive Congress until June 2014 when he returned to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party.

Aminu Waziri Tambuwal is a Nigerian politician who serves as the Governor of Sokoto State in Nigeria, having won election during the 2015 general elections and being re-elected in the 2019 general elections.

This is just your opinion because more than half of the names you mentioned have one case or the other concerning embezzlement or fraud related

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2020
BlackBovi:

Past political records

1. Peter Obi

2. Donald Duke

3. Ikedi Ohakim

4. Babatunde Fashola

5. Akinwunmi Ambode

6. Yemi Osinbajo

7. Jimi Agbaje

8. Ben Murray-Bruce

9. Femi Fani-Kayode

5, 8 and 9 will be a great disaster... 9 surprised me ehn , the stupid man that doesn't know more than posting tribal war and religion war comments ... he will split Nigeria within his one year...
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by Appili(m): 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
Among all in the list, Peter Obi the most acceptable.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by Awoo88: 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
Abeg remove Fashola, Osibanjo, Jimi, and fanny from that list
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by ruffDiamond: 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
op i hope say u dey OK Sha?SAY NO TO RECYCLING OF SAME OL FACE ,SAME OL'THIEVES and their so called 'clean records'!if all those rogues u listed have 'clean record' to be leader at all,then that Judas Iscariot ought to be Messiah and not Jesus. if dem dig up the dirty past of these your 'good record leader ehn,u go cry.. rubish..the youth are the leader of tomorrow is of the biggest SCAM of the century
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by danigbo(m): 7:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
I agree with your list...but I would like to remove Ikedi Ohakim and add Godswill Akpabio
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by excel101(m): 7:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
I will personally go for;
1. Peter Obi
2. Donald Duke
3. Babatunde Fa sola.
They all had good records as former Governors. but for Fashola's " jet science comment" still dey fear me.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by arodavoo(m): 7:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
I laugh in Spanish....what of crazy clown and bovi

check my profile to learn importation from china, Turkey, Malaysia USA and UK

And also importation of Hair from India, Cambodia and Vietnam....I would teach you all of this for a discount price of #1500
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by Modikko(m): 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2020
When I saw FFK on the list I stooped reading immediately. Tufiakwa!!!

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by achilles1(m): 7:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
festacman:
Peter Obi will not last a quarter before being impeached for rigidity. He lacks the political know-how.

Donald Duke will initiate space project, spend billions of dollars on it and abandon it like Tinapa. He dreams of lofty ideas but not deep in contemplative skill.

Ikedim Ohakim that failed test in Imo State cannot do anything nationally.

Akinwumi Ambode is too naive for Nigeria's complexities.

Babatunde Fashola has the intellectual requirements with deep experience. He lacks the trickery to survive politicking.

Yemi Osinbajo has the intellectual capacity, trickery and experience.

Jimi Agbaje is a good entrepreneur but bad politician. He lacks the experience.

Ben Bruce is a known day dreamer who is good in show business.

Femi Fani Kayode is an empty vessel.

Waziri Tambuwal is never his own man.

I Must Agree With You...Osinbajo's The Gold Amongst The Lot On That List

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by AreaFada2: 7:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
nairaman66:
Peter Obi and Ambode!

Donald duke is an honorable mention!

My opinion though!
In a sane country where politicians are allowed to just get on with the job, Obi and Ambode would be great. But in 9ja the corrupt elite would frustrate or even send them packing in no time.

Both are too principled. In 9ja that is called inflexibility, not carrying people along or even naivety.

Donald Duke likes grand things. But Nigerians need the basic things first: jobs, Healthcare, education, good affordable electricity, water and transportation.
Then making us look like Dubai can follow.

The super-ministry during Buhari's first term demystified Fashola. I rooted for him to get that role. But it seems that even capable people can fail seriously in the 9ja system.

Forget the rest.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by Blitz888(m): 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
ebujany:
Peter obi was always on my number one...good leader

A Peter Obi/Akinwumi Adesina will make much sense.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by ChoCho54(f): 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
Reggaeboy:
Shup up more coming

Drug Master
Incoming 2023 (TINUBU)

Check my stamp
Only in iragbiji republic
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by Blitz888(m): 7:17pm On Feb 06, 2020
No Akinwumi Adesina
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by justy15: 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
What's ikedi ohakim doing in that list.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by ChoCho54(f): 7:19pm On Feb 06, 2020
Osidazz19:
Fani crack head cannot win an election on his street not to talk of his town, not to talk of his state and without a doubt Never in the whole of Nigeria.

He can only win in IPOB land
grin

ChoCho54:
You yoruba mooslims should free FFK!!

I, as a babe will do FFK over and over again than that spineless pussy who ruled Lagos!!

FFK gats ballz! A very masculine characteristics lacking in most men.
This crazed shithole needs men with ballz
cheesy
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by Ustec: 7:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
Badonasty:
Lol....Fani-Kayode get Muslim name
His real Political namr cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by danot1030: 7:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
BlackBovi:

Past political records

1. Peter Obi

2. Donald Duke

3. Ikedi Ohakim

4. Babatunde Fashola

5. Akinwunmi Ambode

6. Yemi Osinbajo

7. Jimi Agbaje

8. Ben Murray-Bruce

9. Femi Fani-Kayode

Op for including FFK in your list makes the whole list a trash.

If a man that is morally bankrupt like FFK becomes the president of this country then the case of Nigeria we become everlasting nonredeemable.

Beside not everyone buys into the lie regarding the fidelity of Peter Obi. Peter Obi is a lair and a fraud, Obi China.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President by ChoCho54(f): 7:22pm On Feb 06, 2020
TEDHorsePower:
Please remove Ohakim the ikiri from that list
For wetin nah? Is he a bigger thief than others?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bulama Mustapha: Aisha Buhari Reacts To Daily Trust Cartoon On Hanan's Wedding / Bala Haruna Dies After Swimming In Gutter Water To Celebrate Buhari Reelection? / Three Female Police Officers Stripped In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.