Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,760 members, 7,798,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? (96077 Views)

How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? / World’s First Gene-edited Babies Created In China, To Resist HIV Infection / Little Girl Dies Of Ear Infection After 3 Lagos Hospitals Failed To Treat Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by BluntBoy(m): 1:50am On Feb 08, 2020
Cakephp:

Shut ur fvcking mouth. Stop giving wrong information. The risk of contracting HIV even both parties have bleeding gums is almost zero. reason is because saliva is deadly to the Virus. Only one case have been reported in the enter history of HIV where the virus was transmitted through kissing.
No one has ever gotten HIV by sucking a woman, there have been no reported case.

Also condoms are 100% effective if used correctly. There is no reported case of infection through correct use of condoms.

This means that it can happen. So, you shouldn't have written that the guy was passing wrong information.

Although very unlikely, one can contract HIV through kissing if both partners have sores in their mouths. The saliva makes the mouth very hostile to HIV, but for there to be a case regarding kissing and HIV infection, it means it can happen, maybe once in every 1 million kisses. But, it can happen.

And as for condom being 100% effective, that is a big lie. Only abstinence is 100% effective. No matter how hard you try to correctly use condoms, it is still not 100% effective in preventing HIV. It is not even 100% effective in preventing unwanted pregnancy, let alone a virus.

4 Likes

Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Midas01: 1:55am On Feb 08, 2020
Look at this fool. You're still here running your filthy mouth when you should be more concerned about your sore and possible predisposition to HIV, Hepatitis B and whatever nonsense you may have contacted.

You're here opening your gutter mouth calling women olosho but still fvcking those olosho in private. What is the difference between you and olosho now? Maybe you should start by asking your own olosho mother wether she uses protection with your dad after finishing with her customers.

Block head!
akpoguma1989:
At least I used condom what of you that have sex with your olosho girlfriend thinking she is clean
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Midas01: 2:03am On Feb 08, 2020
Including your mother and sisters.
Tsolutionifede:
97% of contemporary Nigeria girls are olosho, na we we know each other, leave that mumu wey dey talk trash, dey trust girls
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by BluntBoy(m): 2:08am On Feb 08, 2020
Onozboy:
Hahahaha .U are about to experience days and nights of reading about HIV virus .Anyways HIV virus does not survives outside the body for more than 30 seconds so risk here is close to 0 .But y sleep with a prostitute when u know they could have the virus what if the condom tore ? People sabi take risk sha anyways hope I helped quote author=akpoguma1989 post=86435329]
I used my hand that I used to remove the condom to clean the boil

This is not set in stone.

What determines how long HIV survives outside the body is what type of fluid we are talking about here.

Concentration of HIV vary from fluid to fluid. For instance, there is higher concentration of HIV in semen than in vaginal fluid, and blood seems to carry the day when it comes to HIV concentration.

And the rule is that the higher the HIV concentration, the longer it would take to reduce the quantity to a negligible amount.

So, HIV could live for up to 10 days even in dried blood, at least according to some studies. And they may live longer when unexposed to the element. For instance, blood in a syringe can keep HIV alive longer than 10 days.

1 Like

Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Juwohn: 2:23am On Feb 08, 2020
akpoguma1989:
I travelled to imo state where I stayed at any hotel, I asked the receptionist to get a girl for me to spend the night, during the night we engaged in sex and used condom throughout after sex I discovered that I had a small boil that has burst on my abdomen.

My issue is that vagina fluid came in contact with my boil that has burst on my abdomen, is there any risk of having hiv, I am presently taking truvada but the side effects are much, note that the condom did not burst, am I at risk or just unnecessary worried

There's a minimal risk of infection to the best of my knowledge. Is the girl +? If not why worry?
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by wizardus: 2:46am On Feb 08, 2020
Timileyin1234:
But I don’t think u can get hiv from olosho. Cos everyone that have sex with them uses condom

Don’t sweat it, just goan do test

Some sex starved people does it.. grin
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by wizardus: 2:48am On Feb 08, 2020
SUPERPACK:
5 minutes pleasure = 6 months of sleepless nights. Is it worth the stress?

Interpretation
5 minutes enjoyment= you have six months to die...lol
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 08, 2020
proclinician:
Oga you cant be taking truvada now when nothing is wrong with you. You may be right there has been exchange of body fluid and an exposure. All you gotta do now is to have a complete blood count test 3 months from the date of the encounter and see what that vagina has given u.

One recommended strategy is to get tested 2-4 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months after a risky exposure. Using a sensitive antigen/antibody HIV test, of those who are infected, most will test positive at 1 month; almost all will test positive at 3 months.

If u don't have money to dash us, do one at 3 months time. Pls eeh try stay away from the vagina.

Can I ask u a question
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by 3kay945(m): 3:03am On Feb 08, 2020
BluntBoy:

The risk of HIV is not dependent on whether you come in contact with a vaginal fluid. It depends on so many other factors:

1. Is your partner infected?

2. Was HIV present in large quantity in the fluid that you came in contact with?

3. How long after the condom was exposed to air did it come in contact with the burst boil?

HIV does not remain active for long outside the body. Once exposed to air or water for a short while, HIV becomes inactive and incapable of infecting.

So, the secret is in the quantity of HIV in the fluid, not the fluid itself. A fluid with a negligible quantity of HIV cannot infect you. That is why you cannot get HIV from kissing. Because even though HIV might be present in saliva, it is in negligible quantity, and so cannot cause an infection.

HIV can become inactive (regarded as dead) when exposed to the element, especially water. When exposed to air, many of the viruses may die, and the remaining quantity would be unable to infect. And the rule is that the higher the quantity of HIV in fluid, the longer it would take to reduce their quantity to a negligible quantity.

So, supposing your partner is HIV positive and has been taking her medications diligently, it is very possible that the HIV in her fluid would be negligible, in which case they would be unable to infect you.

But supposing she is HIV possible and has never had medications, it would still depend on the quantity of HIV in the fluid that came in contact with your burst boil. If the quantity is high, your risk of contracting HIV is also very high.

All in all, the only way to be sure is to see a doctor.

HIV is still largely mysterious, and there are still many myths passed around as facts even by medical practitioners.

Most reasonable post on this thread. I hope the ignorant guys here devote their time to read and comprehend cos many of them are also lazy to read.
Cheers.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Nobody: 3:27am On Feb 08, 2020
Except the wound was extremely deep and gushing out blood, I doubt you have anything to worry about. Regardless, it’s a good idea to go for testing at least once a year. It’s also a good idea not to sleep with random hotel girls.

1 Like

Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Kayouzka(m): 3:35am On Feb 08, 2020
No body wants to die but everyone eventually dies grin bros what would be would be just be careful next time.
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Ladycewhy(f): 3:40am On Feb 08, 2020
akpoguma1989:
Mrs holy Dan though, you do not have what to say so keep quiet, na people like you dey Bleep for one sachet of indomie
you must be very naive not to know it's a guy behind that moniker but then how will you know when sexism has clogged your brain undecided

1 Like

Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by romich77: 3:44am On Feb 08, 2020
Akpoguma go do test! Why come here and ask us? We follow you Bleep the Bleep���
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Mjpem23(m): 3:50am On Feb 08, 2020
akpoguma1989:
I travelled to imo state where I stayed at any hotel, I asked the receptionist to get a girl for me to spend the night, during the night we engaged in sex and used condom throughout after sex I discovered that I had a small boil that has burst on my abdomen.

My issue is that vagina fluid came in contact with my boil that has burst on my abdomen, is there any risk of having hiv, I am presently taking truvada but the side effects are much, note that the condom did not burst, am I at risk or just unnecessary worried

MUMU YOU GO TELL ME WHEN NAIRALAND BECOME DIAGNOSTICS CENTRE.
LIKE SAY YOUR INTESTINES DEY PAIN YOU.
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Menance: 4:17am On Feb 08, 2020
Abeg, does using fire to sterilise clippers used in barbing saloon kill HIV virus?? And every type of virus
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by benobyeze(m): 4:19am On Feb 08, 2020
Go for test. Next time be more sensible and keep away from women.
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Samgreguc(m): 4:28am On Feb 08, 2020
akpoguma1989:

You could contact HIV if she has it depending on the perfusions. It is safe u continue Truvada and try to endure the side effects.
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Samgreguc(m): 4:29am On Feb 08, 2020
benobyeze:
Go for test. Next time be more sensible and keep away from women.
Going for test will not give the true result now if he contracted it already.
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by simhosting: 4:34am On Feb 08, 2020
ok
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by escavros: 4:42am On Feb 08, 2020
Sorry about your situation.
It's worrisome how we talk so lightly of such bad things so commonly these days.

Having sex out side marriage in sin before God.
Having sex with a prostitute is worse.

Your body is the house of God and should be valued as such, a holy item, and a precious thing..
How can you join a holy, and precious item with the body of a harlot.
You shouldn't join the temple of God with that of a harlot.

Hopefully you didn't contract any disease, but pls come close to God and repent of such ways.
The blood of Jesus is sufficient to cleanse you and make you clean before God.

Think about how precious you are, and how you are so precious, so much that Jesus came to die for your sake.
I hope you understand your value.

Pls ask God for forgiveness, and go for medical checkup.

Take good care of yoursslf and draw close to God going forward.
I wish you well in Jesus holy name
Amen

akpoguma1989:

1 Like

Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by GEJDHERO: 4:44am On Feb 08, 2020
akpoguma1989:

Hw much did u pay for the nite
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Igetmyown247: 4:55am On Feb 08, 2020
I will never understand how people are so comfortable to sleep with prostitutes. Una dey get mind. It could never be me. Go for checkup to know your status.
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Nosa111(m): 4:58am On Feb 08, 2020
I swear you already have HIV.
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by GoldPraise: 4:58am On Feb 08, 2020
if it's up to 3months with the supposed lady (girl) then you should go for hiv test
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by obaaderemi: 5:21am On Feb 08, 2020
Kylekent59:

You can say whatever you wanna say because you are a victim here. Stop patronising prostitutes.
Don't mind the idiots.
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by pfadom: 5:21am On Feb 08, 2020
Are you an illiterate? Once the vagina fluid (of unknown status) was in contact with your open wound, you stand a risk.

You should have pasted a plaster on the wound since you know the exercise will be erotically aggressive to the point of bursting your much treasured boil.
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by bendazum: 5:23am On Feb 08, 2020
akpoguma1989:

Nobody here can answer your question comprehensively.

Simply go for HIV test.
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by Moikiitos: 5:24am On Feb 08, 2020
akpoguma1989:

Man carry your own cross... Seek professional advice, go for a test. You should have thought of that before embarking on sex journey.
Re: Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? by mechanics(m): 5:25am On Feb 08, 2020
Hahahahah, next time don't do that for your own good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Bleeding To Death At Idi-Iroko Bridge Maryland Mall, Lagos (Photos) / 11.6kg Skin Removed From The Body Of A Cosmetic Surgery Patient In Lagos (Graphi / Coronavirus: Egyptians At Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos Cause Scare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.