Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare (29300 Views)

President Rajoelina: "WHO Offered $20M Bribe To Poison Madagascar COVID-19 Cure" / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria / FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by TemmyT002(m): 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
Those people fall my hand small sha
You already know that the Nigerian government no dey well all the time. All you have to do is engage the people yourself instead of going though the government.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by emonis88: 9:08pm On Feb 06, 2020
@ I not heard from you o! U need to tell us the reason for the delay o! Cus u r also always on the forefront when it is time to praise the govt so we understand that you are preview to to the inner workings of this govt.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by ume1000: 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
Aidejay:
Stories like this are numerous.
Many people who have made efforts to do something for naija have been frustrated by the people in government.
It's unfortunate.....infact anything you want to do for the masses that has to pass through government hands abeg! Find another way those guys are the real "village people, enemy of progress, evil from my father's house".
Nigerians put them there by either stealing ballot boxes or not voting on election day, EVIL THRIVE WHEN GOOD MEN DO NOTHING

2 Likes

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Bbbwings: 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
Aidejay:
Stories like this are numerous.
Many people who have made efforts to do something for naija have been frustrated by the people in government.
It's unfortunate.....infact anything you want to do for the masses that has to pass through government hands abeg! Find another way those guys are the real "village people, enemy of progress, evil from my father's house".
Na so o
I know how this works.
A surgeon I know contacted a general hospital in his home town to make use of just two rooms in their facility
They told him he had to have a meeting at the state capital with the hospital management board
Meanwhile, he is the one bringing the equipment and money to run the outreach.
He says to hell with them.
Everybody wants a pie of the largesse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Kingspin(m): 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
Who rejects the doctor's idea? FG, who is the federal government, those in government positions, not me.

Somewhere along the line, they blame the citizen who is merely fellow fellow

Leadership is a pillar for development because the government will have its way.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
Sirjamo:
A Sandhurst trained military officer should be selling sugarcane! You should be selling okrika at katangua market.
So a man that has no vision for his country because he is a trained military office that automatically qualified him be a president?
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2020
executive the project in partnership with Lagos state government
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
WeRblessed:
What do you expects from a cursed backward nation? Don't you know that when you improve Nigerian Healthcare sector, they will no longer have the excuse to tour western countries in the name of check-ups?

Shithole!

Seriously smh. Nigerians are the people I know that curse their own children, husband, wife, people and nation.
What a shame!
How can God bless you when you curse the country of your birth?

I pity you! undecided

1 Like

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by b03liberty(m): 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
ijustdey:
Nigerian doctors in diaspora: How FG frustrated us when we offered to improve healthcare back home

https://www.thecable.ng/nigerian-doctors-in-diaspora-how-fg-frustrated-us-when-we-offered-to-improve-healthcare-back-home
Many policies documents and good ideas presented to this people has been feeding termite at one useless office. They are so selfish with no pitying for the dying youth of this country.
It's so unfortunate that we youth allow them to divide and rule us via ethnicity and religion affiliation.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by colestephan86: 9:27pm On Feb 06, 2020
ijustdey:
Nigerian doctors in diaspora: How FG frustrated us when we offered to improve healthcare back home

https://www.thecable.ng/nigerian-doctors-in-diaspora-how-fg-frustrated-us-when-we-offered-to-improve-healthcare-back-home
Nonsense.
There is a doctor in the east that came all the way from America and his doing his bit.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
Bbbwings:

Na so o
I know how this works.
A surgeon I know contacted a general hospital in his home town to make use of just two rooms in their facility
They told him he had to have a meeting at the state capital with the hospital management board
Meanwhile, he is the one bringing the equipment and money to run the outreach.
He says to hell with them.
Everybody wants a pie of the largesse.

I believe you. Highly possible.
Though, I don't think the doctor was refused because people want a cut/ bribe from him...
Probably he was referred to the state secretariat because the local hospital staff or management did not know how to handle the issue as directives/processes were not in place to handle such.

We Nigerians need to start insisting on getting value for our money from our legislators.
They are meant to defend the citizenry and promote their wellbeing to the executive.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
Sirjamo:
A Sandhurst trained military officer should be selling sugarcane! You should be selling okrika at katangua market.
A man that has no vision for his country because he his a trained military officer that give him the automatic ticket to become the president? Some come wey I Dey see for here some times eh Dey break my heart I am being concerned because the comment are coming from the youth.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Otunba2004(m): 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
Ipisi:
Yeye

The real reason US suspends Immigrant travel Visas on Nigerians.

It has little or nothing to do with Boko Haram, has nothing to do with Buhari, has nothing to do with arrest and detention of journalist, has nothing to do with Nigeria’s ban on gays and lesbian, but has everything to do with absence of a workable system in our identification and verification processes.

The main reason Nigeria is suspended from Immigrant visas category is because Nigeria does not have a credible background investigation system that groups like Interpol can rely on to vert and certify originality.

What that means is that if someone commits a crime in lagos and relocates to Kano, there’s no system that can be used to track crimes and people across state lines.

Virtually all African countries have such systems even Ghana has it, Cameroun everyone has original birth certificates but nigeria prefers to have multiple identity cards not because they are interested in monitoring and tracking people but because they want to make money. Our country is a transaction society, you can buy anything even the human conscience.

Most responsible modern states in the world have tracking systems, but nigeria does not. A typical example, if you are about 40 years, if you go to your primary school to get your records they don’t have it. Principals and headmasters do not have computers in the 21st century.

Now only states that are considered rogue nations or failed states that do not have workable systems. Most nations in this category are nations at war. Nigeria is not at war but the irresponsible nature of our government makes Nigeria a war zone.

Now, back to US suspension, let me make it clear that only Immigrants visas are affected. Non immigrant visas are not affected. An immigrant visas is a type of visa that allows you to stay, work or even become a US citizen after you travel.

This category involves the type of visa you get when you marry an American citizen and have to relocate or the type of visas given to parents when their American citizens file for them or the visa you get through lottery.

Another category of visa affected is birth visas, these are medical tourism visas to come to America and have a baby. It is those categories of visas that are affected. Some waivers do apply. However, non immigrant visas like visitors or business visas are not affected, however going forward it will be difficult to get

What America is saying is that we cannot continue to give immigrant visas to your people if our investigators have no tools to work with to verify the true identity of your immigrant populations.

Example, someone who wins lottery or marries a US citizen, the investigators will want to check him up to primary school, but we have no records. Our government should be ashamed that we do not have a reliable working system to track Nigerians instead of deceiving the people to assume it is unfair what US has done.

Our government should be ashamed that today we are grouped with countries like Eritrea and Sudan. A sensible country, what they should be doing now is to put such a system in place, but they will not. Last year, two of my American friends visited Nigeria and came back with Nigerian international passports. That can never happen in Ghana or even Liberia. But with money you can buy a mans conscience in Nigeria.

With as little as three to five hundred dollars people are ready to subvert the law and do the unthinkable. With just Ten thousand Naira anyone can get local governments origin letters, worst still, today traders who never stepped their legs in universities are given degrees and people even serve youth service with fake results. If you are America will you continue to give immigrant visas to a country you cannot verify a simple certificate?

If you are America will you continue to give citizenship to immigrants whose entire documents for relocation to your country may have been forged?

We forge ID cards, we forge bank statements to get visas, we forge birth certificates, we forge marriage certificates, we forge election results, what is it that we do not forge?

We should not blame the US, the truth is we have failed as a nation. More disturbing, those who are clamoring that we need a working system are those who are arrested and locked up on frivolous reasons, charged with hate speech and ostracized by society.

According to my good friend Frank Anoh, he says we are a nation of criminals. I somewhat would agree with him. We are a nation of criminals. However, I blame my generation more, we continue to subvert the system for a plate of porridge. Until this independence era politicians leave the scene, Nigeria will continue to operate in the 16th century.

God help us.
thanks for this information my brother I really love all your submission no doubt about that Nigeria is a failed country in all ramifications,and it can never better instead it will be worst more and more, everybody in Nigeria including me lives on corruption from one way or the other unless if we don't want to say the truth being pastor o,imam everyone of us drinking corruption and using corruption to bath it depends on the definition you give the word corruption"my brother I have lose hope on this nation called Nigeria unless if we are pretending.

I have one question,did religion even help us in Nigeria?we have many churches and mosques still we are living in rotten society means we are so religious as a nation but not Godly

As you said we can even sell our brother just because of money,we are worship money

Someone said I can't leave this country, Nigeria is a better place even better than those oyinbo country anytime I heard this submission always smile some people are so docile and ignorance is their name,

In a sane society you don't need too much money but enjoy basic things of life is the most important thing,if you're a security in Canada and here in Nigeria your friend is a medical doctor I can tell you vividly that guy doing security will enjoy basic things (social amenities) than Nigerian Doctor that is just a fact

Any profession here in Nigeria must corrupt on one angle or the other before he can make cool cash to buy house in lekki or ajah
My brother let me stop here,the Nigeria future is very bleak and so dark no hope for this country I can't deceive myself.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by b03liberty(m): 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
Gracealone:
FG is always never serious. They should start with 2 states first and move like that until the whole country is covered.
very correct
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
colestephan86:

Nonsense.
There is a doctor in the east that came all the way from America and his doing his bit.

God bless you!

Professional Nigerians in Dispora should do their bit! Many of them also only want to come here and propose bogus projects that will be financially beneficial to them.

What stops them from working as a team and starting small?
We simply don't love our country enough.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by godofuck231: 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2020
if it's not about cows health care then you have lost
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Otunba2004(m): 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2020
Meeyankee:

A man that has no vision for his country because he his a trained military officer that give him the automatic ticket to become the president? Some come wey I Dey see for here some times eh Dey break my heart I am being concerned because the comment are coming from the youth.
we don't have knowledgeable youth in this country situation of the country have turned their brain into an empty
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by golddare: 9:42pm On Feb 06, 2020
ijustdey:

The demons that usually enters people in public offices no be here o, each time people want to liberate the masses they will frustrate it.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 06, 2020
Otunba2004:
thanks for this information my brother I really love all your submission no doubt about that Nigeria is a failed country in all ramifications,and it can never better instead it will be worst more and more, everybody in Nigeria including me lives on corruption from one way or the other unless if we don't want to say the truth being pastor o,imam everyone of us drinking corruption and using corruption to bath it depends on the definition you give the word corruption"my brother I have lose hope on this nation called Nigeria unless if we are pretending.

I have one question,did religion even help us in Nigeria?we have many churches and mosques still we are living in rotten society means we are so religious as a nation but not Godly

As you said we can even sell our brother just because of money,we are worship money

Someone said I can't leave this country, Nigeria is a better place even better than those oyinbo country anytime I heard this submission always smile some people are so docile and ignorance is their name,

In a sane society you don't need too much money but enjoy basic things of life is the most important thing,if you're a security in Canada and here in Nigeria your friend is a medical doctor I can tell you vividly that guy doing security will enjoy basic things (social amenities) than Nigerian Doctor that is just a fact

Any profession here in Nigeria must corrupt on one angle or the other before he can make cool cash to buy house in lekki or ajah
My brother let me stop here,the Nigeria future is very bleak and so dark no hope for this country I can't deceive myself.

Thanks

Well said!

Totally agree with you!

Nigerians have failed Nigeria
Religion has failed Nigerians

Nigeria is so blessed that 99.9999% of Nigerian home owners don't owe mortgage.
75% of Americans home owners are paying a mortgage.

Some Nigerians live in homes worth N80 Million and yet they don't have N10,000 credit facility with any bank or financial institution.

How? The value of what you have should be able to get you what you want.
These are the things we should be fighting for. Not constantly shouting 'Buhari!' Or 'Government!' like bloody illiterates ! sad
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by JAYUK(m): 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2020
Nigeria is not evolving with world best practice in any ramification.All sectors are in charge by fantastically corrupt individuals.
A colleague came with a feasible proposal to situate a refuse recycling plant in one of the states in the southeast.
A 5 years project, would have employed over 200 Nigerians, Clean up the said state.
The byproduct fossil fuel was meant to drive the gas turbines which will give power to the community.
He undid himself and the foreign investors by making his mission known to individuals at the corridors of power in the state who made sure the project was frustrated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2020
Otunba2004:
we don't have knowledgeable youth in this country situation of the country have turned their brain into an empty
I just tired my brother. With this kind of youth eh Nigeria no get future oo. Imagine they are opening supporting the government.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by fostermd(m): 10:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
captianfreeman:

If I may ask, what are the reasons for this brick wall from the part of the government? As an insider, is there any condition you know of from the part of the Doctors in diaspora that we don't know?

I still don't know why any sane person will refuse help. Is there any string attached in this scheme?
The stumbling block was people in the corridors of power.They wanted to be bribed before installing dialysis machines they wanted to donate to Government hospital.

The Commissioner for health in this particular state was even a former classmate in the medical school of some of my colleagues. They actually thought that should make things easier.Unfortunately,she couldn't help!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by slowice(m): 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2020
Fulani will block it sharpaly.... Buhari has built a fulani wall around himself nothing moves without them authorising it
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Jaqenhghar: 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
webincomeplus:
Nigeria: The only country that works hard day and night against the success and betterment of her own citizens.
Even the citizens dont like good thing. If its not the minister someone else will frustrate their efforts
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by afecgivers: 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2020
What is it they wanted to do that demanded the final say of the federal government? They should also check themselves very well. All my idea are not attached to federal government. Government gave platform to register ngo, companies or even give licenses to operate your business. You expand your thinking by organising Seminar, which i believe will grow if it is truthful...it will blow like a bomb. If government can be alive and allow expand to expand to this level without their contribution...then i believe those involving government in there idea as the primary sponsor are not serious. My opinion though WETIN I Know.
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by WeRblessed(f): 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2020
bunto:

Seriously smh. Nigerians are the people I know that curse their own children, husband, wife, people and nation.
What a shame!
How can God bless you when you curse the country of your birth?

I pity you! undecided

I am bless period!

One more time, Nigeria is cursed!
The zoo is shithole!
Got it?
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Origin(f): 10:38pm On Feb 06, 2020
I'm not siding with anybody ...

But...

There is something about crossing the Atlantic that resets people's brain, thinking and way of life.

I have people that go to government hospitals (and other parastatals)as early as 5-6am. The nurses get there 8am. The doctors 9-10am. Or even not at all. Patients wait all day old getriatic people and often turned away at the end of the day unanswered.

If u did this shit abroad, you would probably get sued lose your licence and never practice medicine again.

And that experience up there is all too rampant in Nigeria today. Yet they go abroad deliver good work ethics and get paid for it.

1 Like

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by Germi9: 10:39pm On Feb 06, 2020
Same way Alaba of Bayern Munich came to Nigeria to represent his fatherland and was told to bribe his way to join the football team,the lad got furious and went back to Austria to represent them...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by fostermd(m): 11:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
There are many Nigerian doctors doing their bits,carrying out medical outreaches in their communities etc...

What the diaspora medical community want is the overall development of medical practice to be at level of what is best practices in the world.
It will require significant technology transfer through the teaching hospitals where resident( post grad training doctors)who ultomately become consultants and specialists are trained.

Most naija doctors when we get abroad we pass the licensing exams reasonably well but lack in advanced clinical skills. We have to do clinical observership, re train before we can practice.

This transfer of knowledge requires support of Government who owns the teaching and General hospitals.it involves collaboration with leading hospitals abroads,involve rotation of skilled doctors from abroad rotating and working the the naija based ones.
There are medical emergencies in naija that anyone who has it will most likely pass away such as cardiac arrest,most cancers,RTA with head injuries and multiple trauma,gun shot to vital organs,etc

Nigerian women are still dying from normal childbirth!its appalling. I practice in an European country where,if a single woman should rarely pass away as a result of childbirth, the parliament, Prime minister etc will set up an inquest.The CEO of the hospital will certainly resign!
The issue is a holistic one of improving the healthcare system, not just an individual contributing their bits.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by StrikeBack(m): 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2020
tophumble:
Why won't they frustrate u, u don't want dem to av reason to travel out again or use medical check up abroad as an excuse to jump bail
Who are you? I need to know you
Re: Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2020
Meeyankee:
This is what happened when you vote in the people in government who supposed to be gatemen in Lagos mainland .. tufiakwa imagine Buhari come be our president? Buhari that supposed to join his fellow aboki selling sugar Cain for mile 12 market.

Kai see finishing.....with what you just said Nigeria is finished

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Narrates How He Survived Being 'Brutally Stabbed' 12 Times (Photo) / 5 Dangerous Pregnancy Complications That Can Destroy Your Home / The Dangers Of Microwave Oven In Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.