Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) (48041 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Lymasaba(m): 10:07pm On Feb 06, 2020
hustla:

There is one small camera you can attach to your neck like a pendant or chain - cant rmbr the name now
You can record in hD without anyone knowing
Is that necessary even if u r using for research purpose when u come to referecing the mgt of d meseum has to sign it...so taaking picture withoout there consent is useless
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Jaqenhghar: 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2020
CollinsWeGlobe:
More
Im sure you were the only black person in that museum
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by budaatum: 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
No photography allowed - which ones?

Most of the big museums allow photography - I've taken photos inside the British Museum, V&A, Museum of London and Science Museum. No photos allowed however at the National Gallery,r National Portrait Gallery or British Library. The big churches - Westminter Abbey, St. Pauls Cathedral, do not allow photos. Same at the palaces - Kensington and Buckingham. If you want interior photographs at those places you will need to buy the postcards in the gift shop (and I have).

When traveling outside London, I was able to take photos inside York Mintser and Salisbury Cathedral. When we visited Canterbury Cathedral, you could take photos if you purchased a photo pass (I think it cost one pound at the tiem). It was a sticker you put on your shirt like a name tag. Well worth the small fee.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by paix(m): 10:44pm On Feb 06, 2020
Maverickking1:

Education? why else would someone visit a museum.
Maybe he thought you were there to be enslaved.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by nlPoster: 10:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
budaatum:

op, got any recommended reads for those of us who can't get to Athens? Thanks.

Why cant you get to Athens? Just curious.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by nlPoster: 10:48pm On Feb 06, 2020
smile11s:
Greece is an ancient Igbo and Yoruba land. Someday the truth will come out.

Some Yoruba words sound Greek but that's about it.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by nlPoster: 10:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
Rekyz:
I'll one day visit Greece. I've always craved for it.

I'd like to visit as well.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Dollabiz: 11:41pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hmmm
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by macpaul190(m): 12:02am On Feb 07, 2020
what you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when humans contacts are so quick. Fashion is an instant language.
NB: Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them
we create we listen, we deliver.... A try will convince you.
you can call or Whatsapp us on 08163199174
Thanks for your patronage �� Mcpaul clothier & fabrics collections.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by smile11s(m): 1:34am On Feb 07, 2020
nlPoster:

It should be the other way. Some Greek words sound Yoruba and Igbo
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by NaijaAlien: 1:38am On Feb 07, 2020
Realest shit i have seen today!

₦27k! A whole months wage for some spent educating yourself in one day! And someone who earns so little will insist on being so smart.

I can not wait till we Nigerians understand that we are being nakedly enslaved in the Garden of Eden and realise it is not Heaven![/quote]
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Wallace2107: 1:47am On Feb 07, 2020
Guy, na moon u go? See as u stash up like IBU in rondon grin
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by khugtay: 3:02am On Feb 07, 2020
Ceekutay Enterprises
•Generator Maintenance
• Air conditioning maintenance
• Electrical/Power Maintenance
• Plumbing service
• Fire Safety installation& Maintenance
• Bore hole and water treatment maintenance
*CLEANING, FUMIGATION & FACILITY MANAGEMENT
Call us Ceekutay Enterprises
Email:ceekutayenterprises@gmail.com
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by PrinceMajestic: 5:24am On Feb 07, 2020
Aidejay:
Human beings have come a long way
According to Wikipedia the homo sapiens' have existed for approximately 500,000 years.
I dare say humans will continue to exist for another 500,000 years.
lol, your stupid Christian religion say life of man began 2000 years ago
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Cousin9999: 5:33am On Feb 07, 2020
How many museums in various African countries have you visited?
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by PrinceMajestic: 5:36am On Feb 07, 2020
Every wise person know the hominid species has existed, survived, thrived and evolved for over 700k years leading to some of hominid species into extinction e.g the Homo nadeli, till today not all homonid species accept civilization of man, some still in caves, mountains N forests but you wouldn't know these things because your brain is webbed in religious trash stories that a white man created us all. Christianity is the most stupid and disgusting theory for any reasonable person to accept. I believe o.p know better now. Meanwhile my Christian people are waiting for the creator who died 2000years ago according to buybull to come back and save them and take them away from Nigeria to fairy heaven. STOP BEING MAD IN THE NAME OF RELIGION! ITS MADNESS TO BELIEVE A DEAD NIGGA COMING BACK TO SAVE YOUR ASS.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by godquality: 6:45am On Feb 07, 2020
Omo, the way OP packed up eh, person go think day na -10° for Greece. grin grin
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by JunctionBox: 6:52am On Feb 07, 2020
But normally they prohibit use of phone/taking of photograph in this kind of place. So how did you do your own @Op?
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 07, 2020
JunctionBox:
But normally they prohibit use of phone/taking of photograph in this kind of place. So how did you do your own @Op?

Maybe I was lucky. The management warned me not to flashlight
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by sharpwriter(m): 8:54am On Feb 07, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
lol, your stupid Christian religion say life of man began 2000 years ago

Hmmm..... How did it say 2000 years ago? How old are you, and you don't know how to calculate? The Bible with its calculation of world existence since Adam might be wrong and non realistic but it definitely didn't say 2000 years ago.

I am quoting you because it seems I have seen your comment before and I think you must be educated so you stop displaying ignorance just because you want to show your hate.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 07, 2020
Always good to see Greek writings in your pics. Helps me evaluate my ability to read the language and also learn some new vocab.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 07, 2020
godquality:
Omo, the way OP packed up eh, person go think day na -10° for Greece. grin grin

The Greek mountains can get that chilly o
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 07, 2020
nlPoster:

I'd be interested in those Yoruba words and what they mean
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by PrinceMajestic: 9:26am On Feb 07, 2020
sharpwriter:

Hmmm..... How did it say 2000 years ago? How old are you, and you don't know how to calculate? The Bible with its calculation of world existence since Adam might be wrong and non realistic but it definitely didn't say 2000 years ago.

I am quoting you because it seems I have seen your comment before and I think you must be educated so you stop displaying ignorance just because you want to show your hate.
lol, only you have messed up your faith. "The Bible may be wrong and unrealistic" according to u. This means if there's one wrong in your holy, perfect book then everything about that book and its faith are all wrong. Just like your bible saying the earth is flat and has 4 corners that angels will stand at each point to blow trumpets but how is it possible when science has shown us all that the earth is spherical that's why the earth is in continuously evolving and orbiting other space bodies in the galaxy. Accept science and dump shitty theories of religions that were never real but all lies. I don't hate, I speak truth homeboy
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by victorazyvictor(m): 10:12am On Feb 07, 2020
CollinsWeGlobe:
You can watch the video the pics are too horror.

I can't post more than this.

Guy nawa for you, don't be one of these lazy youths.

What is horror about these pictures?

No description, no label, the description on the tumbs are not readable.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by sharpwriter(m): 10:20am On Feb 07, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
lol, only you have messed up your faith. "The Bible may be wrong and unrealistic" according to u. This means if there's one wrong in your holy, perfect book then everything about that book and its faith are all wrong. Just like your bible saying the earth is flat and has 4 corners that angels will stand at each point to blow trumpets but how is it possible when science has shown us all that the earth is spherical that's why the earth is in continuously evolving and orbiting other space bodies in the galaxy. Accept science and dump shitty theories of religions that were never real but all lies. I don't hate, I speak truth homeboy

Shut up your mouth and trash and learn. The reason I said that was because no one can accurately tell how old the earth is or how long it has been in existence. And of surely the bible didn't state or give the age long existence of the earth.

Humans who picked up the bible and trying to pin point the age of existence of the earth only did it on mere speculations according to their brain capacity not that the Bible said it. The Bible didn't say how long the earth has existed. So get my words right. That's that.

Now, my own correction to you which made me quote you in the first place is you advertising your ignorance that bible said the earth has only existed for 2000 years.

That's wrong even if you are to go by the calculation of the speculations that I said some did above.

This is year 2020 AD..... So when you talk, it's more right for you to say that 2000 AD. AD there means Anno Domini, that is, based on the current date era according to Gregorian calendar based on assumed birth date of Jesus Christ. So here, it's year 2020 after the death of Christ.

So it's wrong for you to be shouting all over a public forum that Bible claimed that the earth existed 2000 years ago.
Bible didn't say so.

Before Jesus existed and before Anno Domini Era which we are in, there was B. C. E. and that's before common era or before Christian Era or before Christ's existence.

This B. C. E. time ranges from the time that the first human walked the earth till Jesus surfaced which no one on earth presently knew how long. We can only speculate.

So, people, pastors or whatever may be teaching, but the scriptures may not be saying the same thing despite the fact that they claim to be speaking from there.

So, if you wanna bash the faith or even any issue some day, at least do some homework and speak rightly.

Take time to note B. C. E; C. E; and AD.

NB: I'm not an advocate of religion; Cos there's difference between religion and spirituality. No matter the knowledge of the spiritual and of science, we're all still looking for answers and there's nothing as true as this fact that WE'RE ALL STILL LOOKING FOR ANSWERS AND WILL CONTINUE TO LEARN.

I won't reply you again! Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by JunctionBox: 11:01am On Feb 07, 2020
CollinsWeGlobe:

Maybe I was lucky. The management warned me not to flashlight
Officially, it's prohibited but as humans, we must always have our way.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Amujale(m): 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2020
sharpwriter:

NB: I'm not an advocate of religion; Cos there's difference between religion and spirituality. No matter the knowledge of the spiritual and of science, we're all still looking for answers

I agree with the spirit of your post.

All the answers are contained inside of real history.

The same real history that both Christianity and Islam are attempting to block Africans from studying.

I subscribe to using dentotatioms B.C.E (Before The Common Era) and CE (The Comon Era)

We are currently in the Common Era.

I you pointed out, The African doesn't need religion, we need to concentrate our focus on African history.

Religion came about due to the awesomeness of African spirituality.

We need to bin all the Abrahamic religions and concentrate our focus on real history.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Amujale(m): 2:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
Start history from the notion that Nigeria predates Egypt.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Amujale(m): 3:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
Anyone who visits Greece should make certain to visit the old Hellenistic sites.

I think they call the place the old cities.
Re: My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) by Amujale(m): 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2020
Over one hundred different invasions occurred in olden day Egypt, the Greeks are the main ones that wrecked the Nile Valley civilisation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Placed In Handcuffs As They Are Deported From China. Photos / Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa / Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.