Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (59143 Views)

My Mom Has Stopped Looking Good, What Do I Do? / My Fiancée Is Acting Suspicious / My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by Ishilove: 3:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
truthsayer009:

Yesso, my girlfriend kneels down to serve me food, if she forgot to bring water the first time, she kneels down again & gives it to me cheesy

Then after eating she brings water for me to wash my hands conveniently, that's how we roll here. grin
Wooooooow. Wife material 50 yards grin tongue

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by Munadad: 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
However much she earns is not your business. You should be solely responsible. You can cut down the budget

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by LordShiva97(m): 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
. You can smell them from afar. They want everything good thing apart from responsibilities.

I get what you're saying but there's nothing in the post to suggest she's a feminist.
Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by doris4u(f): 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
tiredoflife:

U are a woman
And u are telling this entitled beast he did nothing wrong
Cant u see he married her job and not her
Is it not clear for u to see
Tomorrow she loses the job
Problem begins
He begins to call her useless woman
Why.
Cos she is useless without the job
In case u don't know, that's what most Nigerian men check before marrying a lady, thereby marriages doesn't last

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by larryking540: 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
Munzy14:

Are you the woman?..... cheesy

Why crying more than the affected.
moreover I am not a fan of that.
[/b]I am meant to provide for my family, whatever my wife will do, is willingly and out of her own free mind. [b]

And it will be like a bonus for me.

Then, again their is nothing wrong in a woman teaming up with her man to make life easy for both. Infact it settles unnecessary side talks and hear say.

All fingers are not in equal, it tAkes conscience and maturity for a lady who earns cool amount than her man to assist him so they both stand firm in the society.

Well, there are many women, but few wives.

Exactly
When men feels it's an obligation for the wife to drop money ,they end up taking insult from the wife
Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by eyinjuege: 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
Didnt you guys plan how you were going to finance your wedding before embarking on the whole process ni? This is very weird sha.
3 weeks to the wedding, she doesn't have a gown, no caterers yet?
Or is it super story?

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
LordShiva97:

I get what you're saying but there's nothing in the post to suggest she's a feminist.
. That's like a component
Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by bigiyaro(m): 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
Davash222:
She’s earning 200K monthly
Where she dey work?

Assuming this story is legit, her 3 months salary should cover for her gown and the catering. But, that doesn’t mean you have to impose that on her unless she forced you to marry her.

No one is forcing you to wed. if you don’t have the funds for that, since you’re done with the traditional wedding and rites, go to any magistrate court close to you and certify your wedding.

I don’t even know who brought this issue of white wedding to Africans.
where is it written that the man must bear the wedding cost?

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by safarigirl(f): 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
So many foolish people getting married these days, no wonder marriages are failing

So, common sense did not tell you and your mumu wife that you ought to have started making a budget for the wedding the moment you got engaged, not after you have already gotten married the traditional way? Are both of you slow?

Is this how you will be making shotgun financial decisions in the marriage? No prior discussion, just drop random bombs on each other at the eleventh hour.

How will she agree? Did you guys discuss it?

Both of you have zero sense, go and do wedding at registry and rest if you must add to your traditional wedding, since no one wants to bring money for a white wedding

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by Ladycewhy(f): 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
seanwilliam:
you have said it all..
1. you are submissive , I'll take your full responsibility.
2. You are not submissive, you take care of your responsibility
3. You want gender Equality, then we practice Equality in financial contributions too
Many women are not against equal financial contributions atleast on my part but also be ready to share equal chores and parenting ,we will share baby carrying days and cooking days . You can't go to work and I go to work and you will come home and raise your feet up to watch football while there is food to cook and kids to take care of .

Be ready cos there are days when you too will close from your work and go straight from there to the market to get food stuff for the house . This is how equal opportunity should be fair and truly equal .

10 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by Bramon5432: 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
see below
Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
dominique:
There used to be a time when the bride's family sponsored certain aspects of the wedding. Now every expense is being pushed on the groom's shoulder, not fair at all. Even without being asked, you should be responsible for parts of the expenses. Women and their families should stop seeing wedding and marriage as a form of internal revenue generation. They'll only end up losing the husband's respect

MIRS - Marriage Internal Revenue Service
Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by kinglee007(m): 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
Michellekabod2:
See the issue posh wedding has caused?
So the years of love will be wasted just because of argument on wedding bills...

If my husband brings 5 million for wedding,i will use 4.5 million to start a business for myself and the 500k will be for the court wedding, light refreshment and traditional rites grin

"SWEETHEART, PLEASE WILL YOU MARRY ME? BEEN TO PLUTO AND BACK 2 SEARCH FOR YOUR TYPE. GAVE UP ON THE SEARCH BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU NEVER EXISTED BUT DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE RIGHT HERE, JUST A CLICK AWAY."

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by NELLY1990: 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
My dear I have seen where both couples will agree to put their money together but las las the husband will occupy all the spaces and tell the wife that he is the head of the home and she has no right to spend a dime. Is that fare? Or he will be the one to buy stuff for her but she can’t buy what she desires to buy. How about that?
Makawhizzy:
There are no laws for finance management in marriage. What works best for a married couple is what they have both agreed on. Sir sir her down and both of you discuss how you intend to continue from this point onward concerning finances.
Bring options of joint account where each party contribute a quote of their earnings, option of your money belongs to everyone while she keeps hers, option of her money belongs to everyone while you keep yours, option of both of you are transparent and bring all to the table and both decide how to spend it together no matter who earns higher.
If the responsibility of white wedding is eating deep into your pocket bros cut the spending
My simple formula which worked for me was this is how much we are spending so everything must fit into the budget. If you bring an idea outside our budget to me as a friend or family member I’ll respectfully tell you to provide the funds for it and that’s where everyone keeps mute.
Wedding is just gonna end in less than 12 hours so don’t spend a year savings for that

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by safarigirl(f): 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
When I say these feminists can't bear responsibilities,they argue it but now see. Small money issue,she don jepa. Funny. Oga abeg stop the white wedding and do a small mass wedding.
who told you she is a feminist?

You lot are so ignorant, you randomly throw the term 'feminist' at every working woman. Not every woman is a feminist, there are even male feminists. Educate yourself.

8 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by ogawisdom(m): 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2020
sylvestersamuel:
Good morning my fellow Nairalanders, I will try to make my story brief and precise.... I have a fiancée whom I am already engaged to. As a matter of fact I have already done all our traditional marriage and rites the only thing left is our white wedding which will be coming up in the next 3 weeks.

Yesterday, my fiancée came to visit me in my house so as to discuss our wedding plans. But before she left, we had a slight misunderstanding and the reason for our misunderstanding was because I allocated 50% of our wedding expenses to her i.e (she would be the one to sew her wedding gown, pay for the catering service amongst others) while I take care of other expenses...

On hearing this, she didn't even utter a word but left with annoyance, since then I have been trying to call her but she hasn't been picking my calls neither have she replied any of my messages....

Please I need your advice, did I do or say anything wrong, because I know how much I spent during our traditional marriage rite and mind you, she earns close to 200k per month.... Insult in form of advice is allowed all I need is just your advice.

50% is too much to give her even if u earn less than her may be 30% will do. You need to lead her in financial expenditures. But she is too childish to start showing u unnecessary attitude

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by Muzikluva(m): 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:
Traditionally, a man is the chief sponsor of any wedding ceremony while the woman supports in a way she can. Reason, it's expected a man goes into marriage when financially stable and ready.

Allocating 50% to her passed a message that you'll be a type of husband who will be after the statistics of the wife's earning and spending. You sure wouldn't have done what you did if you hadn't any knowledge of her earning, you acted because you know her earning and that's a red flag for Nigerian ladies, because they don't like dragging and equal responsibilities in a home.

You don't go direct when you want a woman to contribute financially to something. You go Tactically[Not imposing, but asking how and where she can take care of, she'll choose, no matter the percentage of her choice, you lock up, keep the planning going, pretend like you are cool and then sketch out a personal plan of how to act worried and restless before her, she'll wanna know the problem, act like you wanna hide it from her, she'll be worried and pissed that you are hiding things from her, then you'll come up with a story and open up that you are facing financial crisis and don't know how to sort some things out concerning the wedding, she'll willingly help with pity without seeing you as a stingy or mean person]

No be everything dem dey form mancho, you go dey use your head.

You've spent on traditional wedding and for that not to be a total waste, kindly go and meet her, reason with her and go tactical, not directly with authority.

Happy married life in advance!
Thank God men like us that reason this way are still plenty grin cheesy God bless you for this post. Ladies when handled properly will agree to whatever you bring to them. Don't be doing "I am the man" all the time.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
safarigirl:
who told you she is a feminist?

You lot are so ignorant, you randomly throw the term 'feminist' at every working woman. Not every woman is a feminist, there are even male feminists. Educate yourself.

.. Thank you mah.I will surely do as you said.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by Novaccines: 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
Wow
Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by seyigiggle: 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
first rule in marriage. NEVER plan on a woman's money

sylvestersamuel:
Good morning my fellow Nairalanders, I will try to make my story brief and precise.... I have a fiancée whom I am already engaged to. As a matter of fact I have already done all our traditional marriage and rites the only thing left is our white wedding which will be coming up in the next 3 weeks.

Yesterday, my fiancée came to visit me in my house so as to discuss our wedding plans. But before she left, we had a slight misunderstanding and the reason for our misunderstanding was because I allocated 50% of our wedding expenses to her i.e (she would be the one to sew her wedding gown, pay for the catering service amongst others) while I take care of other expenses...

On hearing this, she didn't even utter a word but left with annoyance, since then I have been trying to call her but she hasn't been picking my calls neither have she replied any of my messages....

Please I need your advice, did I do or say anything wrong, because I know how much I spent during our traditional marriage rite and mind you, she earns close to 200k per month.... Insult in form of advice is allowed all I need is just your advice.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ishilove:

Wooooooow. Wife material 50 yards grin tongue

Thank you, we'll soon tie the knot
Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by olabrinks(f): 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
Are you not ashamed of yourself? Asking your wife to contribute 50% of the wedding expenses? Some men these days shaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by Chuksfela1(m): 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
My guy u folk up,I na me na style I will take collect the money.
Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by cravingmind: 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
sylvestersamuel:

1 Tim5.8
Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by missyojo(f): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2020
donstan18:
Traditionally, a man is the chief sponsor of any wedding ceremony while the woman supports in a way she can. Reason, it's expected a man goes into marriage when financially stable and ready.

Allocating 50% to her passed a message that you'll be a type of husband who will be after the statistics of the wife's earning and spending. You sure wouldn't have done what you did if you hadn't any knowledge of her earning, you acted because you know her earning and that's a red flag for Nigerian ladies, because they don't like dragging and equal responsibilities in a home.

You don't go direct when you want a woman to contribute financially to something. You go Tactically[Not imposing, but asking how and where she can take care of, she'll choose, no matter the percentage of her choice, you lock up, keep the planning going, pretend like you are cool and then sketch out a personal plan of how to act worried and restless before her, she'll wanna know the problem, act like you wanna hide it from her, she'll be worried and pissed that you are hiding things from her, then you'll come up with a story and open up that you are facing financial crisis and don't know how to sort some things out concerning the wedding, she'll willingly help with pity without seeing you as a stingy or mean person]

No be everything dem dey form mancho, you go dey use your head.

You've spent on traditional wedding and for that not to be a total waste, kindly go and meet her, reason with her and go tactical, not directly with authority.

Happy married life in advance!

You have said it all. I wish the OP listen to this advice

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2020
Plan on a white wedding that you can comfortably afford without going into debt and communicate this to her and her family. If she wants to make any more additions to your baseline, she should make equivalent additions to the payment.

My real suggestion would be; don't marry her. She's too materialistic. Contentment is an extremely important quality in a woman.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by DrObum(m): 4:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ishilove:

Your wife (YES, SHE IS YOUR WIFE ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THE FULL TRADITIONAL RITES) earns 180k per month. She complained you are doing well for yourself and you are very stingy. She said you asked her "what will you be doing with your money?"

Sylvester, you need Jesus.
Jesus, this guy village people don dey show. People wey sabi the couple don show.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by NELLY1990: 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
Gwam. Hmmmm God pls help us o. Marriage is a beautiful thing o but because of selfishness and greed many are destroying it. Haba
tiredoflife:

U are a woman
Problem begins
Why.
Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by kinglee007(m): 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
Michellekabod2:
See the issue posh wedding has caused?
So the years of love will be wasted just because of argument on wedding bills...

If my husband brings 5 million for wedding,i will use 4.5 million to start a business for myself and the 500k will be for the court wedding, light refreshment and traditional rites grin
"SWEETHEART, PLS WILL YOU MARRY ME? BEEN TO PLUTO AND BACK TO SEARCH FOR YOUR TYPE. GAVE UP ON THE SEARCH COS I THOUGHT YOU NEVER EXISTED. NEVER KNEW YOU WERE JUST A CLICK AWAY, HERE ON NAIRALAND".
Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by shaw2(m): 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
Once I finish traditional wedding next thing is court marriage.
If she wants white wedding then all expenses will be on her.
Some people won't like to contribute a dime in white wedding yet they would love to throw lavish wedding.
Worst thing a man or a woman should do is to borrow money for either Trad or white wedding.
Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by LordShiva97(m): 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
tiredoflife:

U are a woman
Problem begins
Why.

What's the problem here; you can't read or you have difficulty understanding simple English sentences?

What exactly is the OP feeling entitled to here, telling his fianceé to contribute 50% of the wedding budget when he alone has already financed the traditional wedding without any financial aid from her means he's feeling entitled to her job or money?
Haaaa!
*spits*

She's not yet ready for marriage.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
there are many ways to make her pay 50% without directly telling her.
abi make i list them for you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

He Got Me Pregnant And Left Me To Suffer / Olayemi Oluwatoyin Is Missing: Left Abuja For Lagos Since May & Has Not Returned / Woman Married 2 Husbands Same Time For 11 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.