Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Which Car Was Your First Car? - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Car Was Your First Car? (25388 Views)

Bouncer Laments After His Car Was Disfigured By Boys He Bounced In Edo (Video) / Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by 9icetoo(m): 4:07pm On Feb 12, 2020
B
nams77:

I agree with you. Haven't really experienced the Avalon except from the few rides in a colleagues own. What struck me was how spacious it was.
Frankly speaking, apart from the reasons you gave up there which are valid, what even inflames the Toyota followership is this word of mouth marketing by other users.
I remembered when i mentioned Volvo to some colleagues, they all screamed as if i had just committed a sacrilege grin they all echoed it must be Toyota. It is this herd mentality that annoys me.

Speaking of Nissan, whats your opinion on Nissan tiida/versa. Was doing research on it but i heard transmission and engine problems

I like Volvo's. The new ones though (03 and up models). They had nice designs. Would buy one if circumstances permit.

I have never been inside a Tiida or versa or known anyone who owned or used one.

However, lots of companies and some individuals bought it and I still see them around.

The body holds up better than the Honda city that was their competition. It's a Nissan. So it will have Nissan problems. However this can also be compounded by 'our maintenance' culture. Where dealerships service vehicles with wrong engine oil spec and ATF spec. It is shocking what I have seen in some places. Most of these tiidas/versas were serviced at dealerships as they were bought brand new. So it all depends on a lot of factors.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by 9icetoo(m): 4:11pm On Feb 12, 2020
Wealthoptulent:

Haba! Nissan infiniti why one go waste money? Rather buy SMART or Chevrolet... and know that my problem is luxury one... few days or time car is problem free, people go feel me.... not Nissan that will be approaching, Naa Fan people go first hear before dem sight car... na landhoover or land Chopper e be jare
grin. All cars with fans connected direct will announce their arrival with howling fans. But some are quite loud and I give it to VW, BMW, Nissan and Mercedes on this. They come in sounding like jet fighters about to take off. cheesy
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:44pm On Feb 12, 2020
9icetoo:

grin. All cars with fans connected direct will announce their arrival with howling fans. But some are quite loud and I give it to VW, BMW, Nissan and Mercedes on this. They come in sounding like jet fighters about to take off. cheesy

Must be old BMW SIR! Only when AC is on a lil more increment on sound! Same goes for BENZ NEW MODELS OO. Not saying vboot n shagari benz oo
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by nams77: 5:32pm On Feb 12, 2020
9icetoo:
B

I like Volvo's. The new ones though (03 and up models). They had nice designs. Would buy one if circumstances permit.

I have never been inside a Tiida or versa or known anyone who owned or used one.

However, lots of companies and some individuals bought it and I still see them around.

The body holds up better than the Honda city that was their competition. It's a Nissan. So it will have Nissan problems. However this can also be compounded by 'our maintenance' culture. Where dealerships service vehicles with wrong engine oil spec and ATF spec. It is shocking what I have seen in some places. Most of these tiidas/versas were serviced at dealerships as they were bought brand new. So it all depends on a lot of factors.
You are absolutely right about the body integrity. Thank you for your time. I very much appreciate it
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Ayt27(m): 9:21pm On Feb 12, 2020
BarrSly:

What was your experience with the Toyota Camry?? I intend getting the 2007 model but people are against it. Did yours give you mechanical wahala? What of the oil burning issue??

The first thing you should notice is the speed, if it feels like it is dragging, then don't buy it. Those specs came with a factory fault in the turtle, so ti o ba le, dont buy. Your mechanic will notice it though if it did.

it was an around well behaved car, the AC can be a pest if it is not solid at point of purchase. When you want to test for AC make sure it is in the afternoon under sun.

The service was 10k Total engine Oil only, workmanship included.

You will have to do alignment's, wheel balancing and make sure your shock absorbers are good tho. The maintenance is quite cheap, only car cheaper is the corolla. The Honda evil spirit is like 15k to service

A V4 engine, V6 chops too much fuel and its not worth it for short distances except you will be traveling with it a lot.

The Camry is reliable and the sound is system as a bonus is on point too

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by BarrSly: 10:29pm On Feb 12, 2020
Wow really in-depth I appreciate boss

Ayt27:

The first thing you should notice is the speed, if it feels like it is dragging, then don't buy it. Those specs came with a factory fault in the turtle, so ti o ba le, dont buy. Your mechanic will notice it though if it did.

it was an around well behaved car, the AC can be a pest if it is not solid at point of purchase. When you want to test for AC make sure it is in the afternoon under sun.

The service was 10k Total engine Oil only, workmanship included.

You will have to do alignment's, wheel balancing and make sure your shock absorbers are good tho. The maintenance is quite cheap, only car cheaper is the corolla. The Honda evil spirit is like 15k to service

A V4 engine, V6 chops too much fuel and its not worth it for short distances except you will be traveling with it a lot.

The Camry is reliable and the sound is system as a bonus is on point too

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Akuruoulo(m): 9:49pm On Feb 14, 2020
illitrate:

change what
Ur moniker bro
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by bighorlus(m): 3:02pm On Feb 24, 2020
i greet you too sir.

mmadu4:

Time registered: December 03, 2005

my chairman i greet you ooooh
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by omololu2020(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2020
Fentanyl:

filthy animal

there is no 2017 LS 500 or IS 500

who dash monkey banana, you go first buy bicycle tyre

see your mouth like benz

what a joke, your entire life and existence is a joke

ode
I can see poverty is tearing your life apart in Nigeria grin No go find way make you hustle and get money. They fight and argue on top people matter for nairaland grin

Igbo pig grin
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by SirWhiteFish: 7:05am On Jun 23, 2020
omololu2020:
I can see poverty is tearing your life apart in Nigeria grin No go find way make you hustle and get money. They fight and argue on top people matter for nairaland grin

Igbo pig grin
lol

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by seunfly: 11:17am On Dec 05, 2020
nams77:

I agree with you. Haven't really experienced the Avalon except from the few rides in a colleagues own. What struck me was how spacious it was.
Frankly speaking, apart from the reasons you gave up there which are valid, what even inflames the Toyota followership is this word of mouth marketing by other users.
I remembered when i mentioned Volvo to some colleagues, they all screamed as if i had just committed a sacrilege grin they all echoed it must be Toyota. It is this herd mentality that annoys me.

Speaking of Nissan, whats your opinion on Nissan tiida/versa. Was doing research on it but i heard transmission and engine problems
Bros, it is not just words of mouth ooo, in developing country like Nigeria u needs to be careful of technology u purchase to avoid tears.

I'm using Peugeot and i know how painfull it is to use uncommon or technologically advanced cars in Nigeria.
If u have minor challenge in an unfamiliar area, u are in trouble. I remember one occasion i was traveling and my exhaust got broken, the noise was very unbearable so i branch to nearest auto workshop around. Those idiot claimed they can fix it until when they loosen tbe exhaust to fix the damage and installation became serious problem, they started murmuring that if it was toyota it would have been easy, they called all other mechos around, non can fix it, they damage the exhaust sensor etc untill they all find away to decieve me to take my car away. It was until i got back to my base that i realised they v damaged so many things and they fixed the exhaust in a wrong way.
imagine if it was toyota or honda, I'm sure i will not v this issue no matter the model.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Intells: 9:24am On Dec 15, 2020
My first car was 2003 ford explorer i bought it 2015 nigerian used with gear problem ,i bought it to change the gear but when i went online and did some research i found out that the problem was bad atf oil by useless nigerian mechanics that dnt have time to read , so i bought the motocraft atf oil change the oil and the gear cameback as new all the check transmision and over drive light disapeard even the big noise when engaged gear all disapear now i have used it 5 good years of not changing of any parts apart from oil, infact i love this car so much and even with its 8 the fuel consumption look some as sienna, but what i love most is the movement power even on road lx300 and highlanders etc dnt see my back...i have driven many of my friends corolla and matrix and i doubt if i can buy them cos their acekaration so poor although people said its because i started with v8, but regardles of fuel issues i cant drive 4 cylinder....i love my ford and many of my collegues has bought more of ford explorer although higher models cos of their experiences with mine cos the car was just for everyone uses in the office and has gone maidugri 15 times still no shakin of parts or changing of any....i just bought my wife 2007 ford focus oh men this one is blessing in fuel economy even my inlaw has testify that this focus is better in handling and fuel economy than his 2004 corolla and also faster than his corola too he just orderd 2007 focus too from auction export, what am looking to buynow id ford flex 2013 ecoboost

1 Like

Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by Peppermintflav: 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2021
That year......
My first car was VW Beetle.
Bought it in my 3rd year. It was talk of the town because of the sound system I put in the car. When I was rolling by, people would think it's a big car because of the loud thumping sound. grin
The car was later known as "that white beetle that has badass sound"
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by kaymart: 12:11pm On Jan 07, 2023
deavicky:
Honda Hala nice ride. But as my first car with low income, I nearly turn mechanic. Later change to Camry 2000. Then I began to gain some weight.
The Camry made you gain weight....how?
Re: Which Car Was Your First Car? by deavicky(m): 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2023
kaymart:

The Camry made you gain weight....how?
rest of mind no steady mechanic visit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class / 5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria / Peugeot 406 V6, And 307 2.0L: What's Your Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.