Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) (55508 Views)

See The Snail Soup A Nigerian Lady Cooked For Her Man / The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. / The Pot Of Soup A Man Cooked With N1000 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
There is a soup called Irhibotor by the Urhobo people in Delta State.

The soup is cooked without fire and it's been a life saver to Urhobo or delta students in the University or polytechnic when they are so broke.

The most cheapest soup in NIGERIA.

As a lady from Delta State, especially an urhobo lady, if you can't cook the Irhibotor soup then you are not a real Urhobo woman.

The soup is part of the culture, lol.

When you have a fever, you can take it with yam or Eba and your fever will definitely disappear. Lol

Introducing the Urhobo Irhibotor soup.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by fertilewomb: 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
Recipee pls

3 Likes

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
fertilewomb:
Recipee pls

Well there is what we call Erhei in Urhobo language, honestly i don't know the English name.

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Then you can use fish, preferably bonga fish.
Salt.
Maggi.

First of all put the crayfish on a frying pan without Groundnut oil and fry it like that, let it become dry a little then Grind the dry pepper, the Erhei and the crayfish together.

Then roast your bonga fish separately.

Then add the grinded pepper and the Erhei and the cray fish that together in a plate, add little water, add little salt and Maggie and the roasted bonga fish.
Mix them together and there you have your Irhibotor soup.

145 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by phranklyn92(m): 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
As a lover of African dishes I find this really interesting! I mean for the life of me, how can one cook soup without fire? undecided

111 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by soliddust2020: 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
O

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by inspired111: 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
See name shocked

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Mistaicey2288: 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
The name get as e be ooo chai! The thing no even look attractive sef. Well i believe it should taste good sha. I need the recipe ooo

3 Likes

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by willi926(m): 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
We have something like this in my hometown in anambra state. Just use crayfish and ogiri and small salt with palm oil and little warm water and u are good to go. No stress, and highly nutritious sef

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Samfloxin(m): 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
The. soup is not pleasant to behold at all...una dey try sha

23 Likes

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by OgbanjeProphet: 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
The soup looks sumptuous. Too much fish dey worry am grin

But,

is it sweeter when eaten from that dirty looking ikwe

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by asahnwaKC: 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
undecided undecidedhmmmm
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Olujoe1(m): 8:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ebo ree (oblation)

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
Disgusting

6 Likes

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by GODPUNISHALABI: 8:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
undecided disgusting piece of shît...who tha F uck eats this shît...looks like something brewed in da sewer...f ûck mehn bîtch you just killed my appetite...ama fûcking break somfin cos of this disgusting piece of shît.... reason why a nigga ain’t marrying no bitch that ain’t from the east side...bitch fuçk you

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by NigeriaBam: 8:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
It look cool like Sacrifice Soup (Ipese Awon Agba)

Data is AVAILABLE Here (MTN and 9mobile Data) At Lowest Price. We're Offering Pay After Receive Data For Customers Benefit Of Doubt.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Dobson43: 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
angry
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Thazard(m): 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
Op i don't understand this your method oh.

Here's mine:Roast some Erhe and ground them with the pestle inside the motar and add grounded pepper.

*Add a little quantity of Eba to the grounded pepper and Erhe and mix with the pestle till they blend together.

*Add dry fish and pound with the mixture,add a little oil,Akanwu and stir throughly.

*Add warm water and mix till it turns liquid.After mixing,add your salt and maggi.

*Add your Roasted fish and serve!

28 Likes

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by MrImole: 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
Seriously?

Irhibotor soup is now a topic for discussion?

What the fück is wrong with people?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by BotafogoJunior(m): 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Well there is what we call Erhei in Urhobo language, honestly i don't know the English name.

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Salt.
Maggi.

First of all put the crayfish on a frying pan without Groundnut oil and fry it like that, let it become dry a little then Grind the dry pepper, the Erhei and the crayfish together.

Then add the grinded pepper and the Erhei and the cray fish that together in a plate, add little water, add little salt and Maggie and the roasted bonga fish.

which yama yama be this,shebi you said in your first post that the soup is cooked without fire,which one come be roast and fry again.........shior!!!!

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by sirusX(m): 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
Not everyone might like cold soup undecided

Irhibotor soup hot, Irhibotor soup cold
Irhibotor soup in the pot 9 days old
Some like it hot, some like it cold
Some like it in the pot 9 days old

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Daniel058(m): 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
Urhobo wado!! ,Isoko wado! grin

Chai if you from Igbo go urhobo simply ask where Nwanyi Igbo dey sell Food oo

If not you fit buy beans soup oo grin

Na warri people know the value of Pepper Sha and Dem no use meat play ...

Soup without Vegetables everywhere .. Chai grin

Megwo Sha

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Captainrambo2: 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
cool hmm abegoooo
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
it taste nice especially when you are sick or lost appetite

6 Likes

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Kendumazy(m): 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
Inside life!
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by iamawara(m): 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
Oghene. See name grin But e go sweet since bonga fish dey inside..... But I didn't come across this throughout my stay in Delta shocked

Porteee alert. Just give me the fish biko

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by chukwuibuipob: 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
cool food for d gods

3 Likes

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by guass(m): 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
When I was in high school 'Irhibotor' was my favourite perhaps because of the size of my pocket but when I eventually became gainfully employed I felt that IRHIBOTOR is SUBSTANDARD because of the fact that it does not pass through the fire before sending it to our systems. To me, Irhibotor should be discouraged.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
inspired111:
See name shocked

Jaw-cracker.
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by anochuko01(m): 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
Sacrifice...

2 Likes

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by NobleAngell(f): 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
I would love to taste this.

1 Like

Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
I don’t know this one... undecided
Re: The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) by MrBONE2(m): 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
MRcocaFanta:

Use Erhei.
Crayfish.
Dry pepper.
Salt.
Maggi.

Oups Great One catch you there. Cos at the end you still use firegrin

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! / Photos Of Monkeys Killed Today / 13 Pictures Of Party Food That Make Us Happy To Be Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.