Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. (13016 Views)

I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo / Kosisochukwu Anioma Wasn't Kidnaped, Went To Owerri To Visit A Friend (Picture) / Anioma State And South East Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by Ctorch: 2:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
WE ARE NOT IGBO– Dr Ojieh

The National President of Izu Anioma, Dr Kingsley Ojieh while fielding questions from the press recently has reiterated the need to uphold the views of the founding fathers of Izu Anioma which is over 40 years old. Excerpts.

Since your inception into the office of Izu Anioma as the National President, how has the journey been so far?

Izu Anioma is the Apex body for all the 9 local government areas in Delta North Senatorial District. The history of Izu Anioma can be traced from 40 years now. It has existed for fourty years now . Rtd Hon. Osadebey, Senator Obi Nosike who were leading us at that time all met and agreed to form the body as a State movement, that is, they were agitating for the creation of Anioma State, but unfortunately as at the time the agitation was high, the military regime of Abacha, former Head of State banned further creation of States in the Country and that to an extent affected the movement. Because of the ban, the State Movement changed to Izu Anioma about 20=25 years ago. Chief Philip Asiodu leading 27 Anioma leaders across the country wrote the Anioma Constitution and registered it with Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC as the apex body for all Aniomas. Historically Izu Anioma is the apex body for all Anioma People. During this political dispensation the Col Oguechi led exco sent one of his exco members , Chief Dan Okeni to Asagba of Asaba to inform him of the need for them to put hands together to form traditional rulers forum to enable them meet because that is part of our Constitution.
Chief Dan Okeni got there and we did not understand what he discussed with the Asagba of Asaba, we were informed that Anioma Congress was constituted. Recently I got information that the purpose of Anioma Congress was 100% political, because before Col. Ogbuechi handed over to Poko who hails from Ogwashi Uku, as the National President then, he was always proud to say that we were not political. But many of us faulted such statement because every human being is a political animal, the only thing we can say is that we are not partisan because of our positions, but we must be 100% political because we have to fight for the right of our people, and ensure that what is due to them is given or delivered to them. So because of the political docility, that led to the formation of Anioma Congress and the body is now mainly politicians and a few traditional rulers. You know they have access to funding, it makes their voices louder before I assume office as the elected National President of Izu Anioma. My immediate predesecessor was Gen Godwin Alabi Isama (Rtd). He hails from Utagba Uno. Iin his time, he said it was not proper for us as Anioma People to be divided. Because of that he led us to visit the Asagba of Asaba who was the Chairman of Anioma Congress. Alabi Isama is a well known and respected man in Nigeria. He lived in the Northern part of the Country. So when we paid Asagba a visit in his palace, we disccuss at length, and also paid visit to Chief Benjamin Elue, the former Deputy Governor to Chief Ibori. He said he was ready to vacate the seat for Alabi Isama to take over as the National President, but demanded we collapse the name Izu Anioma and Anioma Congress and come up with a new name that can reunite us back again. But do you know that after that visit, the discussion did not proceed more than where we stopped.
When I came to office as the National President, I mobilized my Exco members and went back to Asagba of Asaba, Chief Elue and Obi of Owa respectively and reminded them of our previous discussions. The challenge we were having then was the name the new body would bear. For us in Izu Anioma, we made it clear that our body is home name that is already registered with CAC and has an existing Constitution which Anioma Congress do not have since their inception till date. They argued that since they have traditional rulers as their members, Izu Anioma must come under Anioma Congress. In fact , the argument lasted and the meeting ended in a stalemate. As a person I know that we are better as one unified body representing Delta North.
In furtherance to our aim, I led my team to Obi of Owa to also inform him that we have already visited Asagba of Asaba and Chief Elue for reconciliation but as it stands, the discussion was not proceeding. Governor Ifeanyi Okowa who is our son had already inform us that he would only relate to us when we are united as a body because he would not like to work with factions, so that one group don’t feel he is favouring one more than the other. Infact we were not aware that the Obi was the Vice Chairman to Asagba of Asaba at Anioma Congress, in that meeting, he invited the leadership of Anioma Congress and he said from his observation, Izu Anioma was not ready to be under Anioma Congress while Anioma Congress was also not ready to be under Izu Anioma, he then said, we both should start bearing Nde Anioma and shun our former names. We all agreed and in that meeting we formed a committee to draft a road map for us. The Chairman of Ika Nkama, Mr. Dan Isibor was the Chairman of the committee and we met. We from Izu Anioma brought our Constitution but Anioma Congress was unable to present anyone. So we agreed to work with Izu Anioma Constitution. All the amendments we made earlier at our NEC that have not been published, we brought all of them into our discussion and they were amended.

The challenges we had was the last clause that stated that the Congress must agree on who to transfer anything Izu Anioma to. They went to CAC to register NDE ANOMA Association and it was not approved. We told them, we are bigger than that, we are not just a developmental Association, so I realized that in Izu Anioma not all our members are in support of our coming together but because as a team, we had a big dream for our people, to realize it now that our son is the Governor of Delta State. We should be ble to realize it. Alabi Isama said something that if UPU had their Secretariat while in Isoko, their have their developmental building, where is Anioma Secretariat. We are in a rented apartment at Asaba, which to me simply shows we are not maximizing the opportunity of our son being the Governor of the State. It is in our plan to set up Anioma Radio, Anioma Television and Anioma Transport Company and several other projects that we want to execute. You will recall that Obasanjo the former President gave us an oil block which we could not start the production. Had it been that was successful, we would have been self reliant, though we are on that matter as we have written to the Minister of Petroleum and Pan Ocean.

Pan Ocean demand we should bring 1 billion dollars before we could access it but because we could not, they edge us out. Alabi Isama came and said no we can not be edged out. The oil is in our land, and said we should have discussed with Pan Ocean that we are not able to raise 1 million dollars, they can go ahead and raised it on our behalf. The first money that they were suppose to give us, they can take it back, then we can now start enjoying our oil block. It was a good arrangement but it was not carried out. The leadership at that time started cornering oil blocks into private pockets. Certificate of Award and agreement letter that was written then, we could not find it. The person with those letters were supposed to be in their custody later got sick and was flown to America where he later died. We met the son to provide Izu Anioma documents but he refused that there were no documents with him except the private document of his father. Later on we realized that himself and his father were all involved in the dirty deal of covering our things which can never work. So our big challenge is how we in Izu Anioma and Anioma Congress can work together as one to achieve our dreams for Anioma nation.
We have been trying our best since we came into power August 2018, we mobilized Anioma people to support Okowa in 2019 elections, when we met Obi of Owa, we all went to pay homage to Ibori for mobilizing Urhobo people to support our son for second tenure. We made him to know that we the Anioma people are behind our son. After that we elected a new board of trustees each person representing a local government. In Ndokwa Nation for example, sir Dele Omenogor is the one representing Ukwuani in that board of Trustees. Admiral Mike Onah is the one representing Ndowa West, Pharmacist Paul Enebeli, former NNU President Generalis the one representing Ndokwa East, Prof Pat Utomi is also among the 27 man committee that drafted our constitution and is representing his local government. The CEO of Rain Oil Dr. Gabriel Ogbuechi is also representing his local government while Gen. Matin Osahor is representing his local government.
We celebrated the victory of Governor Okowa by conducting a thanksgiving service. Anioma Nation is to speak with one voice and avoid bickering and marginalizing any area in the Senatorial District. We will all be fighting together. As representative of Ndokwa people, we will keep fighting for what is due for our people.

When we paid visit to Asagba, he confided in us that why they were angry is that when the tenure of Poko elapsed, it was the turn of Ndokwa President, but he took it, but I told them ,now that an Ndokwa man is here, fine let us reconcile, but it is obvious that the challenge is the name we are to bear.

We have drawn up several empowerment programs for the youths, establishing a radio and television house, all these are in our blue print. We have sons and daughters of Anioma who can finance these things and I leave a legacy that last forever. Within the next one or two months, so much could have been done in this regards.
Everything about we do is Anioma, there are many more things that unite us, our dressing, feastivals, . those important things like welcoming of guests in Ukwuani, is becoming a norm in Anioma nation. It is difficult to find any big society that can be 100% homogenous, they may be differences, but when everybody can agree to come together as one , we can work towards it. The only way to sustain it is to ensure that there is justice and fairness. Because what usually gets some of our Ndokwa people upset is when there is battle, we go with them but when it is time to share the benefits, they are driven to a corner. It is not their fault, it is our people’s fault. When you partake from a battle, it also behoves on you to be around when the proceeds are being shared. Some of us when there is a fight, they move one step forward and two step backward, by the time they are sharing what came out from it, you are nowhere to be found.
Do they share kola nuts for those who were not in a meeting? Like yesterday we paid a visit to Mr Jerry Ossai from Ishiagu. Everybody from all the local government supported him because he has paid his dues. He has been in the system for 22years and has been working. So nobody argued with him. So we have to hold a congress and it was easy for the person who has been acting and holding the house together to move into the seat than go and be looking for someone who do not attend meetings. So if you not there, it will be difficult for your interest to be secured. You must be there to fight your right and insist on it. So that is what we are to tell those representing us in Ukwuani and Ndokwa to be bold and represent their people effectively because they are coming from a bold community. We are not fearful people and if you are looking for those who can boldly express themselves, we are the ones. But why are the people representing us behaving as if they are afraid to speak the mind and aspirations of their people. The person you are afraid of do not appreciate your fears , rather want you to express yourself boldly in other to know where your people can be helped.

How are you managing your office and your secular job without one suffering at the expense of the other?

The calling of the office demands a lot of sacrifice, I come home almost every week and you might have heard me saying between now and New year, I will be home attending to Izu Anioma activities. I am into private practice as Medical Doctor, I run a hospital and I have Doctors working with me, so am not under obligations, I can leave at any time, even at very short notice. It is a commitment we have accepted, so I do all to ensure it works.

How do you cope with some of our people who participate in Ohaneze Indigbo as Delta Ibo alongside other groups in Delta North Senatorial District?

We have never accepted that we are Ohaneze Ndigbo. It is an apex body for the Ibos while Izu Anioma is the apex body for Anioma people. Izu Anioma deals with Ohaneze Ndigbo as equals, apex body to apex body, there are some people in Anioma that trace their origin to ibo land and those are the people who are obliged to join Ohaneze group, after all our Constitution guarantees freedom of association, freedom of expression. We are Anioma people, our language is Anioma, our land is Anioma, our Culture is ANIOMA. We are not Igbo. Somebody ask the question that the language we speak is like Ibo, and I answer what language does Americans speak? It is like English, but does that make them part of England? The fact that the whole of America speak English, and English belongs to England does not make America either British or part of the British. That we speak Ibo does not make us Ibo, like many of our people, their origin stems from Igala and their names from Iguru answers similar names. Does that makes us Esan, so we decide who we are? Nobody can tell us who we are.

Ndokwa yearns for vocal and active representation that would effectively bring dividends of democracy to the area, the way it is being seen in other areas in the State.
What is your advice to our leaders?

I think that what we need to do is what I am doing personally trying to reach them and encouraging them on the need to be bold. When you look into their background, you will know the source of their power, if the person who works for you to be in your position is not in Ukwuani, maybe somebody somewhere else, you get in to that seat, and you know that you want to remain in that position, you still require that person, your loyalty very likely is going to such person, so these are the issures we have with loyalty. Some of the loyalties we see are blind loyalty. Loyalty does not mean you can not speak your mind or demand for things that will benefit your people. You can be loyal to whomsoever you chose but not blinded. I believe the way we are talking about it, our leaders can hear us and change but if they don’t change from what their people are saying, elections will soon come and people will be free to vote their choice who can represent them effectively.
Ndokwa land can change the equation of any election in Delta State and there is nobody who can deny that. But the powers that be have taken our supposed leaders hostage.

Every Community have their cultures, but when you look closely into Anioma, our cultures are dying gradually. When you are trying to resuscitate your culture, you will be termed as Satan, what do we need o do to sustain and promote our culture?

We thank God because we are fully in support for the promotion and sustenance of our culture and if there is any part of the culture that is not acceptable to the modern ways of living, we can adjust. The basic things in our culture are good, our dressing is excellent, our language is good, and our culture do not permit evil doing. In our culture, we have much more of good things to be sustained. For some of us who are Christians, certain things that will turn us to serve deities or do fetish things, such can be removed but our cultures have certain good things. I am very happy today because several groups are doing things about our cultures during the Christmas season. I would be attending this Ogwashi Uku carnival day, and the founder is planning Akwoche fashion show. What they are trying to do is to indigenize Akwoche. They are designing it to different kind of wears.

What advice do you have for your people?

They should remain focused. Our elected office holders should ensure they deliver the dividends of democracy rather than building sky scrappers and mansions in the cities. They should attract cottage industries that would create employment for our teeming youths.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by Simplyleo: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2020
Dr Kingsley Ojieh is a fulani jihadist pretending to be from SS. We SS/SE know the trick of buhari muslim jihadist to steal our oyel. SS oyel belongs to SS and SE and Buhari cannot change it.

Even Asari Dokubo calling us slave is a fulani jihadist planted by buhari muslim in the SS to divide we SS and SE.

Above is the typical way ipob miscreants think and talk. grin

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by obiekunie2: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s]Dr Kingsley Ojieh is a fulani jihadist pretending to be from SS. We SS/SE know the trick of buhari muslim jihadist to steal our oyel. SS oyel belongs to SS and SE and Buhari cannot change it.

Even Asari Dokubo calling us slave is a fulani jihadist planted by buhari muslim in the SS to divide we SS and SE.

Above is the typical way ipob miscreants think and talk. grin[/s]

Sir are you a slowpoke?

when will you grow up?

Note: its a question.

@topic. still dont understand why these people are so anxious to denounce their Igbo heritage despite the fact that we dont even send any body nor ever ask anybody to claim igbo.

funny thing is - its their fulani son that cause the civil war.

Yes! KADUNA NZEGWU'S MOTHER IS FULANI AND HIS FATHER IS ANIOMA!

And yet we were killed because of them.

61 Likes

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
Igbo amaka

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by XANDERBOY85: 3:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
Simplyleo:
Dr Kingsley Ojieh is a fulani jihadist pretending to be from SS. We SS/SE know the trick of buhari muslim jihadist to steal our oyel. SS oyel belongs to SS and SE and Buhari cannot change it.

No surprises...you’re first to comment on a thread designed to divide Ndigbo and even further limit out territory!

You seem happy with this guys assertion. Why’s that?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by Bigflamie(m): 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
Please, my people should stop this nonsense Igbo this and Igbo that, its quite disturbing that a great tribe like ours will be ridiculing ourselves on inconsequential people.

If you are Igbo, you are Igbo indeed and nothing would stop that. Let's make our tribe great and you watch even people that doesn't have Igbo heritage will claim to be Igbos.

36 Likes

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by walosky(m): 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
Stupid man!

You are not ibo but you and your people bear ibo names

16 Likes

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by BeiDou: 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
Simplyleo:

5 Likes

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by hardywaltz(m): 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
Abeg make una carry una wahala go.
We don't even want u guys as Igbos

Hopefully next tym u guys go looking for trouble like Nzeogu & Co did in 1966 they shouldn't involve the rest of Ndigbo in it.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by festacman(m): 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by Karemarealty288(m): 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
You are not Igbo...you are not Edo ......you are not Hausa or Yoruba. Biko what are you.. If you say you are Anioma....what language is that?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by solmus: 4:12pm On Feb 07, 2020
grin

failure is always an Orphan,

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by gidgiddy: 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
There is no tribe called "Anioma". Anioma(Good Land) was just an Igbo word used to describe Western Igbos and it was introduced sometime in the 1970's. How can a tribe start in the 1970's? What were you before the 70's?

This is all nonsense. A tribe cannot start in the 70's because your people surely existed before 1970. You speak Igbo as your ancestral language, you have Igbo surname, you practice Igbo culture, but you say that your tribe started in 1970 after the war? I laugh in Igbo

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by Simplyleo: 4:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
obiekunie2:

Sir are you a slowpoke?

when will you grow up?

Note: its a question.
Okay, I'm not.

Are you?

Pretty sure the answer is in the affirmative.

Cheers. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by tartar9(m): 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
You are ibo as long as you have oil

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by ISLAMBAD: 4:20pm On Feb 07, 2020
solmus:
grin

failure is always an Orphan

Just like You are a failure hence the denial by Ijebu people abi ? which I attached below ..

The earlier you acknowledge the fact that some people are psychos, the better for you..

And mind you, I am proudly Ibo of SS extraction.

https://www.nairaland.com/2512540/shocking...we-not-yorubas-sudan-says

16 Likes

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by Danishguy(m): 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
solmus:
grin

failure is always an Orphan

Trump wasn't impeached

I thought whoever Igbo support, fails

28 Likes

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by solmus: 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
Danishguy:
Trump wasn't impeached

I thought whomever Igbo support, fails

let him get a re-election bid and second term first, its too early to jubilate(Saraki, Dino and Onoghen are perfect case studies)

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by Mastakija(m): 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2020
tartar9:
You are ibo as long as you have oil
what dar...

What the heck
so na igbo get oil

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by solmus: 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2020
ISLAMBAD:

Just like You are a failure hence the denial by Ijebu people abi ? which I attached below ..

The earlier you acknowledge the fact that some people are psychos, the better for you..

And mind you, I am proudly Ibo of SS extraction.

stop crying on my mention pained child

read it again and cry if that makes you better FAILURE IS AN ORPHAN you can wail and rant but this isnt my concern as i amnot the delta chief issuing a disclamer to land grabbers and developers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by oilPUSSY(f): 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

No surprises...you’re first to comment on a thread designed to divide Ndigbo and even further limit out territory!

You seem happy with this guys assertion. Why’s that?

Op is Malezawni, Osegy, Reelectbuhari and other monikers he created on nairaland to continue doing what he's known for..

I am sure many people didn't read the article.. They only read and swallowed the headline..
Old article for that matter where 2019 election was discussed

8 Likes

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by Commentor: 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
They say they aren't Igbo, why the complaint?
Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by Arrewa: 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
Waten concern me!

God bless kano state

The backward kano according to ipob miscreants...

Don't go and develop your states...

Make una Dey there dey insult people way no send una

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by Arrewa: 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
The north the most backward region in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by Arrewa: 4:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
God bless northern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. by Ojiofor: 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
We are not Igbo. Somebody ask the question that the language we speak is like Ibo, and I answer what language does Americans speak? It is like English, but does that make them part of England? The fact that the whole of America speak English, and English belongs to England does not make America either British or part of the British. That we speak Ibo does not make us Ibo, like many of our people,

So Anioma is an Igbo colony just like USA was British colony the very reason they speak English today. These people are confused.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yorubas Get In Here - Tinubu & Akande / Imo APC Registration Battle: Without Araraume And I Nothing Like APC — Okorocha / Pete Edochie: I ''enjoyed'' Beer During The Kidnapping, & why I was kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.