Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami (38533 Views)

How To Activate Windows 7 Ultimate For Free / Windows 7 Ultimate Product Key / Have You Heard Of Windows 7 Godmode? This Thing Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by StRichard(m): 8:04am On Feb 08, 2020
johnmattew:
ur comment shows the type of illiterate u are
at least I'm less illiterate than those that gave birth to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by johnmattew: 8:05am On Feb 08, 2020
funshint:
Trying to be relevant. Who made him spokesman for microsoft? Mtchewww which operating system is not vulnerable to security attack sef? You just wonder how this one's got where they are. I dont know why to slap someone just dey hungry me. Someone give me that meme grin
are how u foolishly displayed ur stupidity publicly....learn to read b4 commenting.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by juman(m): 8:05am On Feb 08, 2020
I go for ubuntu.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by mvem(m): 8:05am On Feb 08, 2020
francis5051:
Nigeria can never be better as long as we keep on having the northern things as leaders...Dia wiseness is our foolishness.. forget tribalism stuff dis people no worth to rule anoda tribe beta and smarter Dan them
The way you spew hate for no reason. What makes you better. Did God give you a better brain or what ?....Every tribe claiming superiority... and how does this relate to the topic

1 Like

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by johnmattew: 8:05am On Feb 08, 2020
StRichard:
at least I'm less illiterate than those that have birth to you.
see as u publicly disgraced Ur parents...smh
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by johnmattew: 8:06am On Feb 08, 2020
ENGINEERG:
What do the northern leaders have to offer?
how does this relate to the topic?

2 Likes

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by JoseRaji(m): 8:07am On Feb 08, 2020
SoNature:

It may not work well

The best bet is to buy another system

If anyone who really cares about their online security still uses Windows 2007, they can get a VPN or anti-malware.

However, the best bet is to buy another computer

It's Windows 7. Not Windows 2007. It was even released in 2009.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by MrImole: 8:08am On Feb 08, 2020
StrikeBack:
undecided
Clueless ministers..

Person labour develop software , you from a shithole 3rd world country dey complain.

Which one your country people do

I don't mean to be rude sir but I am asking you to go and read the article again.

I can promise you that you will modify your post after this...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Chukwurah003: 8:08am On Feb 08, 2020
dataking:

Shut up. Digital transformation is just some weeks program at Harvard and anyone can be a fellow of British computer society.

Idiot.

I know your type. Mad at everyone because you failed in life. FYI, he also did courses in Cambridge and MIT. So don’t kill yourself. Go and work harder. Idiot! grin

3 Likes

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by johnmattew: 8:09am On Feb 08, 2020
MARKone:

Asin eh, very shameful. Misplaced priority.
misplaced priority...how?..did u read b4 commenting??.

so the minister shouldn't alert Nigerians to upgrade to Windows 10 as Microsoft stop patching windows 7.. do u know the consequences of this to banks and other agencies that still use Windows 7?

2 Likes

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by StRichard(m): 8:09am On Feb 08, 2020
johnmattew:
see as u publicly disgraced my parents...smh
abi
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by toprealman: 8:09am On Feb 08, 2020
Professorcplus:
This aboki is trying to sound impressive or what? So what happened to upgrade/update to other windows edition.
Microsoft will tell you not to upgrade.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Chukwurah003: 8:10am On Feb 08, 2020
StrikeBack:
undecided
Clueless ministers..

Person labour develop software , you from a shithole 3rd world country dey complain.

Which one your country people do

You’re ignorant. That man went to Harvard, Cambridge and MIT. He is a fellow of the British Computer Society. Hatred has blinded you people. You can’t even reason like a normal human being anymore. Your luck!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by MrImole: 8:10am On Feb 08, 2020
traihit:
Nigerian ministers rarely give precautionary advice on digital matters like this. Kudos for this one. You can however receive knocks for other mistakes.

God bless you for this sir!

I'm a registered member of the people's democratic party and I think Mr President got this one right...

Isn't he better than Adebayo Shittu?

1 Like

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by SoNature(m): 8:11am On Feb 08, 2020
JoseRaji:

It's Windows 7. Not Windows 2007. It was even released in 2009.

Thanks for the correction grin
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Chukwurah003: 8:12am On Feb 08, 2020
traihit:
Nigerian ministers rarely give precautionary advice on digital matters like this. Kudos for this one. You can however receive knocks for other mistakes.

He is a fellow of British computer society and also a graduate of digital transformation from Harvard. He also did courses in Cambridge and MIT. He is no ordinary Minister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by MARKone(m): 8:12am On Feb 08, 2020
Chukwurah003:

It is your ignorance that is shameful. That man talking is a tech guru of the highest order.

Please shut up. OSes that are regularly patched and released online, security patches sef. Win7 security patches and other updates will be rolled out and released online, after the said date. I have seen Win XP with December 2019 security patch and all other updates. Meanwhile like I said Win7 is not our communication problem here, how people even use genuine OS in this country.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Chukwurah003: 8:15am On Feb 08, 2020
MARKone:

Please shut up. OSes that are regularly patched and released online, security patches sef. Win7 security patches and other updates will be rolled out and released online, after the said date. I have seen Win XP with December 2019 security patch and all other updates. Meanwhile like I said Win7 is not our communication problem here, how people even use genuine OS in this country.

Keep downloading unknown patches you hear. Someone far more knowledgeable than you has spoken. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by traihit: 8:18am On Feb 08, 2020
Chukwurah003:

He is a fellow of British computer society and also a graduate of digital transformation from Harvard. He also did courses in Cambridge and MIT. He is no ordinary Minister.

Imagine technocrats like him in the other ministries. No wonder you hear him talk about Windows 7, OSes, viruses and so on which are too basic. But the former minister-lawyer was busy trying to restrict social media access

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by frankson1(m): 8:21am On Feb 08, 2020
mvem:
How?...He is the minister of communication and he is addressing cyber security which is part of his work...how is that misplaced... Why do you guyz just hate on everything even without reading properly

How else do you expect them to express their foolishness? Their comments on the first page will make you think there are no intelligent people on Nairaland. I can bet that some of them don't understand the Minister's warning.
I'm wondering where the guy who used "shithole, 3rd world country" resides for him to make such comments.

3 Likes

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by SoNature(m): 8:24am On Feb 08, 2020
juman:
I go for ubuntu.

I think there are just 2 operating systems in the world: Windows and others tongue

1 Like

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Chukwurah003: 8:26am On Feb 08, 2020
traihit:

Imagine technocrats like him in the other ministries. No wonder you hear him talk about Windows 7, OSes, viruses and so on which are too basic. But the former minister-lawyer was busy trying to restrict social media access

We need more technocrats. Not just as ministers; but in the Civil Service as well.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Chukwurah003: 8:27am On Feb 08, 2020
funshint:
Trying to be relevant. Who made him spokesman for microsoft? Mtchewww which operating system is not vulnerable to security attack sef? You just wonder how this one's got where they are. I dont know why to slap someone just dey hungry me. Someone give me that meme grin

He is a fellow of British computer society and also a graduate of digital transformation from Harvard. He also did courses in Cambridge and MIT. He is no ordinary Minister. But oga who are you?
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by SoNature(m): 8:27am On Feb 08, 2020
traihit:

I think Omobola Johnson still remains the best we have ever had in that ministry

She worked hard to achieve deeper broadband penetration in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Talkingoil(m): 8:32am On Feb 08, 2020
ExAngel007:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/minister-warns-against-use-of-window-7-powered-devices/amp/

This is a giant achievement by this govt. Oya clap for them :

Pathetic
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Angelfrost(m): 8:37am On Feb 08, 2020
chatinent:
Was it why the guy agreed to sell his laptop to me for just N20000?

There's a clear difference between Hardware and Software, Sir...

You don't just dispose of a hardware because the software is problematic or outdated. You simply change or upgrade the software.

So, he probably sold it at that price cos he stole it. grin
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by chatinent: 8:41am On Feb 08, 2020
Angelfrost:

There's a clear difference between Hardware and Software, Sir...

You don't just dispose of a hardware because the software is problematic or outdated. You simply change or upgrade the software.

So, he probably sold it at that price cos he stole it. grin
I can't really say he stole it because he is well cultured. Rather, maybe he is in dire need of money or just gave me at a cheap price.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Angelfrost(m): 8:42am On Feb 08, 2020
StRichard:
Lol...does he think everyone is aboki?

It's quite laughable that you guys actually believe intellectuals and I.T pros don't come from the far North...

Ask America how much cyber threat these people pose.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by jackyraw09: 8:43am On Feb 08, 2020
TUANKU:
A good time to fire up metasploit...

grin grin Nah dem , script kiddies lmao
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Angelfrost(m): 8:43am On Feb 08, 2020
chatinent:

I can't really say he stole it because he is well cultured. Rather, maybe he is in dire need of money or just gave me at a cheap price.

True sir... Was just joking anyway.
Re: Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami by Sundaycomputer: 8:44am On Feb 08, 2020
How come

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Best Among PD Proxy, Above VPN, Wi Free , Sandwich VPN And Tunnel Guru / CheckOut The World's Slimmest Laptop By HP / "loading Pbr For Descriptor 2 : Done : Bad Pbr" for winxp sp2 on a dell pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.