Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:09 AM

Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity (37731 Views)

Dress Like A Celebrity / Teebillz And Tiwa Savage Share An Inside Joke, 2face React / Bbnaija Host Ebuka Share An Adorable Picx As He Step Out Wit Wife #owambe Tinx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by officialJP(m): 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
I was at my security duty, when tuface came for maré festival, wen he came out of the hotel room i wanted to snap with him but my uniform hmmmm, well i said to myself next time I'll see u, we both dine and wine together, #ibelive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Once met Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr in CDG Paris.

That was October 2017 after qualifying Nigeria for Russia 2018. Had discussions around how he qualified Nigeria for the WC in that tough group that had Zambia, Cameroun and Algeria. He said he was going to his base in Bordeaux.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by kaycee125: 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2020
He has come to my friends house, including Peter Obi.
thesmallgod:
In 2013 during my NYSC in Enugu, me and my friend met Pete edioche at baptist dental clinic inside central baptist church okpara avenue. He is such a gentle and cool man. He begged us not to tell other corpers that he's around. We had a picture with him. It was fun.
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by timmydrogba(m): 9:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
I saw Many of them here in Ibadan on 27 July 2018 at Palms shopping mall . Ring road wink wink
Davido and Mayorkun organized the show and it started around 5pm up till like 2am the show ended
Dremo was performing With others like idowest
Lyta And others I can’t even remember
Small doctor �‍⚕️ too
Mayorkun and Davido really gave the crowd a good time and I was lucky to be close[i][/i] to the stage
I caught a good glimpse of Mayorkun and Davido
Mayor was sparkling even at the midnight and Davido Na one fresh man
He wore a yellow nice shirt that day and dark shade
There were others backstage I can’t remember their names but Davido is a calm guy tho he looks great in reality
But mayor looks more handsome kiss[color=#990000][/color][b][/b][i][/i]
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by kaycee125: 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2020
I have also seen Klintddrunk at my regular chilling spot, then one yeye Naija comedian wan toast my girl, I quickly tackle am when I dey university
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by tobidipity(m): 9:52pm On Feb 07, 2020
Desmond Elliot, Funke Akindele, Fathia Balogun, Helen Paul, Olamide etc. I just waka pass. as no get time to dey hail human like me. Helen stood right in front of me as people dey hail her, me just dey my dey dey drink my beer like say nothing dey.
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 07, 2020
Amujale:

Tamedu is a different artist to Lagbaja, although they perform in the same Afrobeat genre.
All right, bro.

1 Like

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by Freeze007(m): 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2020
Long long time ago maybe around 2003 or less, I saw Sam Dede I didn't even bulge.

I had gone to his Father-inlaws cyber café at the time- Sanigo.

His leg was stretched towards entrance, just excused him and was busy doing my thing.. I have also seen Nonso, Kalada, Clem just those I can remember nothing special to me about people like me.

My greatest CELEBRITY IS LEADER OLUMBA OLUMBA OBU no one fit pass am titilayelaye
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 07, 2020
I had the privilege of dating two celebrities in Nollywood but I don't kiss and tell so won't name them.I and Ruth Khadiri Boarded Same plane from Abuja to Ph.More like no one noticed Her so I took the opportunity to rapour with her and finally she gave me her contact but nothing more.
Met Abani Deirego at Transcorp Hilton,She was going out and I was going in.
So I stop her to say Hi and She said Hello but was walking too Fast then I followed up but she insisted she was in a Hurry.When we got outside and I Saw the convoy of Lincoln and Limo waiting for her,I just turned back go inside my small room.This was before she ever got married tho.
Na only female celebrities me dey like meet ohh.The Males dey on their own ohh.

3 Likes

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by Dgoz(m): 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
Mine was while I was a student at ESUT. Was at a restaurant/Open Bar at Independence Layout when a group of Actors walked in to relax. They were shooting a movie nearby and were on a little break. Lo and behold Sam Loco Efe of blessed memory was with them and asked me and my guy if he can share our table, of course we said yes
He and one other actor(I just remember the face but not the name) then sat down with us and we all started gisting. It was there I got to know he was a "Songito" while at Uni. But the guy dey smoke sha, he had a pack of Benson and Hedges with him. Very humble but funny guy sha.
I have met a whole lot of actors and actresses sha, Patience Ozorkwor, Chiege Alisigwe, Chinwetalu Agu all in Enugu but not as personal as my encounter with Sam Loco.... May his soul Rest In Peace.. Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by Tookool(m): 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
nairalee:
Mine was when I was at a show where many stars were performing. Suddenly I looked down and the person standing right next to me was putting on a trailer for shoe. The shoe big pass those olden days lorry no jokes.

I looked up slow mo to look at the face. Before reaching the face sef I've started seeing rainbow rags of many colors I'm like na dream I dey dream? only to see the face, lo and behold it's Derenle aka Dewere. Back then he was trending sha.

Honesty I didn't even know whether to be happy or hiss. He look me and smiled. Me sef just retaliated and face my front.

No autograph no selfie no shout out no famzing, if na by were me sef fee do am
It's "me sef just RECIPROCATED and FACED my front" Retaliate kor ...Revenge ni

2 Likes

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by greencard: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
I'm not a celebrity freak jor, met quiet a few

But remarkably, I met 2face last year in an event my company organised , I say make I shake tubaba. For the first time in my life , dude just smile and even hug me

It..was a remarkable day , not for me tho , but for one girl who came to the show with her BF and was sreeming 2face 2face , pls wait , meanwhile tuface already deh leave iniside him car , the BF just deh look , as the girl run go the car deh hit the door they beg, tuface had to wind down the the glass to see her and guess what, she brought out her phone to take pictures and den run to show the BF..I just deh look like others, they imagine the yeye-ness of her action

2 Likes

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by Legendguru: 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
When their is traffic everywhere you guys seriously
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by Alanwalker(m): 10:12pm On Feb 07, 2020
Well I have met with fanzy papaya
Nigga is quite short

But am still keen on meeting more important people
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by TheMubaraqS: 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
Allen Avenue some years ago ooo, greeted madam Onyeka Onwenu and she looked at me like who be this? I was so embarrassed I left her presence answering my greeting myself.

3 Likes

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by sheffyUTD(m): 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2020
vertueptime:

I met MI and i pretended i didnt knw who he was, he felt bad

I guess this should be the code, pretending to not know them.

Just this week at Surulere, I was at filling station when Ramsey Nouah drove in, we were to be attended to by the same guy. He wound down and our gaze met. Me that don't know how to form 'fams' before, I just said, 'hello chief, he looked at me briefly and probably not the kind of greetings he expected grin, he just looked the other way and wound up. I just smiled at myself and said, like I care cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by BlongTrendies(f): 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2020
mimimile93:
I met kc and presh in 2008 at channel view hotel in calabar. Niggas were so full of themselves. If d knew d would never b ontop forever.

That same 2008 i met FAT JOE, AKON, NEYO, R. KELLY, KERI HILSON, 2FACE, FAZE, D BANJ, WANDE COAL AND TALKED WITH THEM.

THANKS TO DONALD DUKE FOR GIVING ME THAT RARE OPPORTUNITY

I'VE BEEN ON A QUEUE AT AN ATM STAND IN ASABA BEHIND A NOLLYWOOD POPULAR ACTOR CANT REMEMBER HIS NAME.

I HAVE BEEN IN DANFO WITH A NOLLYWOOD ACTOR.

I HAVE BEEN ON A FLIGHT WITH AY AND NOBODY ON THE PLANE GAVE A Bleep. HE WROTE ON HIS POLO 'AY LIVE'

Seems 2008 was their year. All of them pushed. One show to the order.

1 Like

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by grafixdon: 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2020
Offpoint:
Met one like that in a public transit (God is Good) first class, he becomes center of attention. ladies, guys taking selfies like their lives depended on it.

All this while I had my Dr. Dre headset on and blasting Eminem "Superman" and "3 A.M" on repeat... I didn't give a single, not even a tiny fûck about him till we got to our destination.
Funniest thing was: he was sitted next to me, didn't say a single word, nor acted like I knew him.

Inwardly he was pained, I could tell.

The only celebrity I'll ever give a fûck about in this life is Eminem and Enya..... The rest can go FT, IDGAF.

You're rude

1 Like

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by hustla(m): 10:24pm On Feb 07, 2020
Lol I've met/seen

TuFace
Dbanj
Iya awero
Saheed balogun
Mr Latin
Fathia Balogun
DJ Sose
Jay won - this one, e pain am cos we no even send am
Denrele
Dotun
Noble Igwe
That very thin and white MTV base oap, can't rmbr her name
Baddy oosha (dunno if he counts as a celeb)
Mayorkun
Dremo
Toyin Aimaku's husband - saw him at one hotel like that with like 5 phones sagging his trousers looking razz lipsrsealed.
Saw him once more after that looking for a mechanic as his car broke down

I've also seen one popular yoruba movie comedian that talks fast laidis. They came to shoot one movie beside my house. E no gree settle boys grin

I don't see them as celebs, they're just normal humans

I don't ask for pictures etc

... And I wonder how come I have met this many even though I rarely go out

1 Like

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by mimimile93: 10:25pm On Feb 07, 2020
ya. 2008 was their peak
BlongTrendies:

Seems 2008 was their year. All of them pushed. One show to the order.
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ran into Wole Soyinka at the rest room in Heathrow terminal 5 in 2018. He refused picture.
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by hustla(m): 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2020
Jarus:
Ran into Wole Soyinka at the rest room in Heathrow terminal 5 in 2018. He refused picture.

Lol I'll go to his house with my dad when I have time

Was told he's very principled

Funny enough, he and my dad really look alike

Some of my school mates used to call my dad wole soyinka lol

2 Likes

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
hustla:

Lol I'll go to his house with my dad when I have time

Was told he's very principled

Funny enough, he and my dad really look alike

Some of my school mates used to call my dad wole soyinka lol

Yeah. When I posted my experience with him at Heathrow on my Facebook wall, some of my friends said similar things about him.
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
NaijaMutant:
I met Desmond Elliot on barracks bridge, I just Waka pass am undecided

Invited Charles Inojie, Lolo and Mike Abdul to a program but didn't even consider taking pictures with them.

I'm a bigger star awaiting manifestation cool
You should celebrate those that have manifested already grin
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by tobby20: 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
SincereBigot:
I once met falz and simi when they were shooting a video in epe for a song titled soldier or so.. just casual and shit
Where in epe do you stay
Along yabatech campus right
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by SmartyPants(m): 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
vincentjk:

Are you a Gambian

Lol no. I live in Gambia at the moment.
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by SmartyPants(m): 10:32pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ishilove:

Nope, they don't. Who they epp?

grin let them catch you.
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by missimelda01(f): 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2020
So says Instagram grin
WIZGUY69:

Bello kreb is now a celebrity? cry

1 Like

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by hustla(m): 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2020
Jarus:

Yeah. When I posted my experience with him at Heathrow on my Facebook wall, some of my friends said similar things about him.

Lol

He's a great guy
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by rosalieene(f): 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
I met Queen Nwokoye on set early January this year.
I asked for a shot, she was like ahh, she is tired I should come back tomorrow. I told her I wont be around. that's how she posed for the camera. mehn! not easy been a celebrity because everyone would want to snap with you every minute. But she is a very nice woman finally.

I have met Omotola Ekeinde too but that was when I was little. When she came to pick up her daughter Princess and her siblings. They attended my primary school then
Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by Coolkhat: 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
Preshy561:
Tony Umehz, my next door neighbour
So u they live for that street abi grin i will find you

1 Like

Re: Share An Encounter You Had With A Celebrity by cybertron88: 10:36pm On Feb 07, 2020
Met denrele at Calabar airport when trying to catch a flight to lag Oct last yr. Nobody send am for the airport except for his weird outfit which raised some eyebrows. As soon as we landed in lag see as lag ppl dey rush to snap pic with d guy. Outside lag 80% of this yeyebrities no get mouth.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Adaeze Yobo Rocking Wide Legged Pants (Photos) / Ifu Ennada Reacts To Linda Ikeji's Breakup With Her Michael Breakup Story / Onye Eze's girlfriend speaks on arrest of Okoro Blessing being publicity stunt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.